+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Plot Threads

Default Plot Threads

A thread for discussing the various points in the plot of the series that have yet to be fully followed-up on. What I think are examples of such points include:

2 - Why the One Piece came to be
    13 - The Voice of All Things
    19 - The origin of Devil Fruits
    56 - The All Blue
    96 - Tashigi’s relation to Kuina
    100 - Dragon’s answer to the World
    154 - The Will of D.
    184 - How objects can eat Devil Fruits
    192 - Why Pluton came to be
    218 - The Void Century
    224 - Emerald City
    301 - Why Poseidon came to be
    395 - The Great Kingdom
    497 - The Twenty Kings that created the World Government
    524 - Why Tequila Wolf’s bridge was built
    540 - Crocodile’s secret
    577 - Blackbeard having two Devil Fruits
    584 - Luffy’s mother
    603 - Kuma’s motive for protecting the Sunny
    610 - Fish-Man Island’s fate
    648 - The Noah’s mission
    649 - Joy Boy’s promise
    650 - Why Uranus came to be
    700 - The Rocky Port Incident
    705 - CP-0’s intent
    722 - Why the Nefertari Family choose not to live in Mary Geoise
    793 - Kuzan’s affiliation with Blackbeard
    802 - Why the Minks have lived on Zou for 1000 years
    809 - The Dawn of the World
    816 - The Minks’ connection to the Kozuki Family
    821 - Zunesha’s crime
    853 - The Three-Eye Tribe’s power to hear the Voice of All Things
    905 - Why Ryokugyu didn’t have to eat for three years
    906 - Mary Geoise's secret treasure; The giant straw hat at Mary Geoise
    907 - Shanks’ pirate discussion with the Five Elders
    908 - Bonney’s relationship with Kuma; Im’s motives
    951 - King’s nearly extinct race and the two other races missing from Totto Land
    956 - The incident with the Nefertari Family; Sabo’s fate; SWORD’s goal
    957 - Rocks D. Xebec; God Valley’s fate; The Special Science Group
    964 - What Toki knows from over 800 years ago
    967 - Joy Boy’s connection to Laugh Tale and the One Piece
    968 - The Sea Kings’ two sovereigns; Wano’s opening for Joy Boy’s reappearance
    996 - Momo’s survival for the dawn; The poneglyph Law found
    999 - Yamato’s knowledge of the D. name
    1000 - Oden’s description of the future
    1003 - CP-0’s desire to see the pirates take each other out
    1004 - The shadowed healer
    1014 - Kaidou’s familiarity with Joy Boy
    1015 - Luffy’s communication with Momo and the Heart Pirates
    1016 - Kaidou’s reason for being at Wano
    1017 - MADS; CP9 and the Gomu fruit
    1018 - Sun God Nika
    1019 - How Kaidou got the Inu fruit
    1020 - Wano's guardian deity
    1023 - God's Land; Lunarians; Zoro and the Shimotsuki
    1024 - The three samurai of the cave
    1025 - Yamato and Kaidou's oni background
    1027 - King's identity
    1028 - The World Government annexing Wano; Sanji's regeneration
    Last edited by electricmastro; October 31st, 2021 at 09:50 PM.

Default Re: Plot Threads

Wasn't it stated that every one of the Tobi Roppo was once a captain? Drake's crew and Ulti and Page One's people are presumably out there as well.

I don't think we'll see much of any of them though. They would all probably just be assimilated into the fodder of the Beasts Pirates. I think that detail was just to show that Kaido's always tried to break and recruit his enemies like he did for Luffy and Kid, not set up a future plot point.

A good inclusion would be the mostly-unseen figure in the striped kimono who arrived with Marco and Izo. The one potentially seen drinking with Crocus earlier in the story.

don´t know, but here is chocolate... so everthing´s alright ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Wasn't it stated that every one of the Tobi Roppo was once a captain? Drake's crew and Ulti and Page One's people are presumably out there as well.

I don't think we'll see much of any of them though. They would all probably just be assimilated into the fodder of the Beasts Pirates. I think that detail was just to show that Kaido's always tried to break and recruit his enemies like he did for Luffy and Kid, not set up a future plot point.

A good inclusion would be the mostly-unseen figure in the striped kimono who arrived with Marco and Izo. The one potentially seen drinking with Crocus earlier in the story.
    I do wonder... will this end up being a SBS question, because there is a high possibility that figure was simply Izo and some people refuse to see it? I'm not saying that is a fact, but I believe it was Izo until proven wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk in Spoilerthreat from Chapter 579
    "Did I fire six shots or only five? Well, do you feel lucky punk?"

In the panels themselves, King appears to specify Who’s-Who and Sasaki in particular, and Ulti and Page One don't even call King out for leaving them out.

Last edited by electricmastro; June 17th, 2021 at 06:28 PM.

I didn't really get the impression their crews really matter. It's just a detail to establish the power Kaido has over others as well as the general strength it takes to be a tobi roppo. I wouldn't read into it any further. Likewise, I don't think Who's Who's connection to Jinbe was a big deal either. It's just someone he recognized, but iirc it wasn't really established that they're personally associated.
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

Quote Originally Posted by tolazy View Post
    I do wonder... will this end up being a SBS question, because there is a high possibility that figure was simply Izo and some people refuse to see it? I'm not saying that is a fact, but I believe it was Izo until proven wrong.
    I'll concede it doesn't have to be Crocus' mate (and that I was thinking kimonos when the silhouette actually looks more like its showing a cloak or a coat), but it still doesn't look like the same design as Izo to me. Whether you assume the dark and light there is a striped outfit or shadows, it just doesn't match how Oda's been drawing Izo.

Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    In the panels themselves, King appears to specify Who’s-Who and Sasaki in particular, and Ulti and Page One not even calling King out for leaving them out.

https://i.ibb.co/q1VX0Vj/29-CD5-BF2-...681-B09-AE.jpg
    Fair enough! I wonder what their story is not that then.

One more crewmate curiosity is Hawkins' sole named underling Faust. Presumably he was integrated into Kaido's crew, but he hasn't been seen in all of Wano. Even without having an actual link to Zou, I'd be curious to see what he thinks about the other minks' conflict with Kaido.

But that's probably not a big enough deal to make an 'unresolved plot point' list.

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    I didn't really get the impression their crews really matter. It's just a detail to establish the power Kaido has over others as well as the general strength it takes to be a tobi roppo. I wouldn't read into it any further. Likewise, I don't think Who's Who's connection to Jinbe was a big deal either. It's just someone he recognized, but iirc it wasn't really established that they're personally associated.
    Well, how can more power be established with captains of small fry crews anyway? I’m honestly not sure if the detail of Who-Who’s talking about the past in relation to Jinbe should just be pushed aside either, in light of it being the exchange they had just before they started fighting each other. Oda being a man of many ideas that flow like a river in general must leave out a lot of ideas in order to make room for the best ones, so I don’t think he’d just use up panel space like that for nothing.

Are we sure that's not just folds of the kimono that are shaded?

I think that's exactly what it is. It's just the way it is shaded.

The anime will clear it up for us though, so we won't have to wait too long.

Quote Originally Posted by All Fiction View Post
    Are we sure that's not just folds of the kimono that are shaded?
    Maybe it's just a design that will/was to be changed in the volume release. Just remember how many changes Kanjuro's shaded outline went through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

I'll concede it doesn't have to be Crocus' mate (and that I was thinking kimonos when the silhouette actually looks more like its showing a cloak or a coat), but it still doesn't look like the same design as Izo to me. Whether you assume the dark and light there is a striped outfit or shadows, it just doesn't match how Oda's been drawing Izo.
    https://i.imgur.com/toBvhD3.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/Xm2aVpW.png
    Pretty sure that's Izo's coat, not the kimono.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

In that case, Oda shouldn't have bothered introducing the fact that Jinbe may know who Who's Who is. Could've made it generic dialogue.

Well, how can more power be established with captains of small fry crews anyway? I’m honestly not sure if the detail of Who-Who’s talking about the past in relation to Jinbe should just be pushed aside either, in light of it being the exchange they had just before they started fighting each other. Oda being a man of many ideas that flow like a river in general must leave out a lot of ideas in order to make room for the best ones, so I don’t think he’d just use up panel space like that for nothing.

Who's Who acknowledges Jinbe as a warlord, saying he saw him once. That's incredibly vague. Maybe he and Jinbe had a direct encounter. Maybe it was indirect and Who's Who was a rando pirate or prisoner or some other sideliner of whatever status and just saw Jinbe while he was up to whatever business. No matter what his position was exactly, it reads as relatively insignificant and probably won't have any bearing on the story.
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

Caribou also has to make a reappearance.
    Was he the shadow hidden when Jinbe and Robin part way at the beginning of the battle ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Caribou also has to make a reappearance.
    Was he the shadow hidden when Jinbe and Robin part way at the beginning of the battle ?
    Didn’t Luffy offer him a ride after the war?

On another note I think Yamato’s devil fruit will be the Byakko fruit, it’s the polar opposite of his father

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Didn’t Luffy offer him a ride after the war?

On another note I think Yamato’s devil fruit will be the Byakko fruit, it’s the polar opposite of his father
    It has been suggested that Yamato ate some sort of tiger fruit, going back to imagery such as the color spread Oda drew for Chapter 526:

It has been suggested that Yamato ate some sort of tiger fruit, going back to imagery such as the color spread Oda drew for Chapter 526:

https://i.ibb.co/r6qy4BH/07974-CF1-3...7790-A8678.png
    Totally agree, the thing I mentioned, the Byakko is a mythical White Tiger the natural opposite of the Azure Dragon

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

https://i.imgur.com/SIScqXz.png

Who's Who acknowledges Jinbe as a warlord, saying he saw him once. That's incredibly vague. Maybe he and Jinbe had a direct encounter. Maybe it was indirect and Who's Who was a rando pirate or prisoner or some other sideliner of whatever status and just saw Jinbe while he was up to whatever business. No matter what his position was exactly, it reads as relatively insignificant and probably won't have any bearing on the story.
    I assume Who's Who possibly faced off against Jinbe or with a group before he had his devil fruit which is why Jinbe doesn't automatically recall the encounter.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

https://i.ibb.co/r6qy4BH/07974-CF1-3...7790-A8678.png
    Or what if Yamato ate a frog zoan? The frog in the colorspread is totally overlooked!
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Totally agree, the thing I mentioned, the Byakko is a mythical White Tiger the natural opposite of the Azure Dragon
    Ah right, indeed. Not sure who’s meant to be the tortoise and the bird though.

Spoiler:

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Ah right, indeed. Not sure who’s meant to be the tortoise and the bird though.

Well usually the bird of the South is interpreted as the phoenix so that would be Marco.

So right now all the turtle is left. Wouldn't put it past Oda to have all 4 be at Onigishama.

This is assuming Oda is basing it off of the 4 symbols and not the wu xing which is 5 animals.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

https://i.imgur.com/SIScqXz.png

The way the dialogue continues seems to hint that the important detail is Who’s Who’s identity rather than the connection to Jinbe. Who’s Who may have been someone important that Jinbe met, but without any meaningful ties between them.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information