View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
288. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

135 46.88%
  • Shinobu

1 0.35%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc.)

1 0.35%
  • Momo

8 2.78%
  • Tama

7 2.43%
  • Carrot

60 20.83%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 2.43%
  • Caribou

4 1.39%
  • Other

23 7.99%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

42 14.58%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 243 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 135 185 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 4856

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

My cannonhead kinda tells me that the Dawn is the actions and changes that must take place once Luffy reaches Laugh Tale.

All of the Minks already trust Luffy with their hearts, they'll follow him to whatever he decides to do, and whatever stakes are at play.

So if she's to be there for the Dawn, she will, since it seems like a world-wide thing, hardly exclusive of the Minks, she doesn't really have to be in Laugh Tale tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    My cannonhead kinda tells me that the Dawn is the actions and changes that must take place once Luffy reaches Laugh Tale.

All of the Minks already trust Luffy with their hearts, they'll follow him to whatever he decides to do, and whatever stakes are at play.

So if she's to be there for the Dawn, she will, since it seems like a world-wide thing, hardly exclusive of the Minks, she doesn't really have to be in Laugh Tale tho.
    Yeah, but the sub-plot that the Minks one day would no longer live on Zunesha and that they will have to leave their millennium old elephant and live somewhere else is still also a thing. I'm not trying to stack more things on Carrot, but once this arc concludes, we should begin getting more answers. Like once the crew get the Road Poneglyph here and the repercussions of opening Wano's borders and what did Momo find out in his conversation with Zunesha. Maybe we will know why the relationship between the Minks and the Kozuki Clan are "brothers" to begin with. Thinking long-term here because we are approaching the end.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaOfHope View Post
    Yeah, but the sub-plot that the Minks one day would no longer live on Zunesha and that they will have to leave their millennium old elephant and live somewhere else is still also a thing. I'm not trying to stack more things on Carrot, but once this arc concludes, we should begin getting more answers. Like once the crew get the Road Poneglyph here and the repercussions of opening Wano's borders and what did Momo find out in his conversation with Zunesha. Maybe we will know why the relationship between the Minks and the Kozuki Clan are "brothers" to begin with. Thinking long-term here because we are approaching the end.
    I think it's a given that we receive a conclusion to those arcs regardless of Carrot's status as a crew mate. All the mysteries of the past will be revealed to us. Luffy's actions at the end of the manga will inevitably change the status quo of the world, bringing about the dawn. That massive war that Whitebeard and Oden talked about will happen, and the Mink's will be Luffy's allies fighting alongside him in it. Together they will bring about the Dawn of the World. The Minks will leave Zunisha and find a new home and Carrot will be present for all of that. We the readers know that one way or another those plot lines will be fulfilled with or without Carrot joining the crew.

How a side character with barely any showings is still getting brought up is hilarious, concerning, and rather sad

Quote Originally Posted by thegab View Post
    How a side character with barely any showings is still getting brought up is hilarious, concerning, and rather sad
    Hey, Oda's the one who keeps putting Carrot in there. Sure, maybe he's trolling, but I'll keep playing along.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Oda is not trolling. Carrot has a purpose there, which will be clear when it happens.
    However, her lack of meaningful interactions does present her as a side character more than as a crew candidate.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

I don't seriously think he's trolling, okay? Do I have to stick in the ninja for every joke?

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?

Then ask yourself: Why is Carrot with the Straw Hats during this raid and not the Musketeers?

If the answer has something about Oda planning something for her, I think you answered the question.

"Well Oda kind of forgot about Carrot's plotline..." (cit.)

Quote Originally Posted by omy785 View Post
    "Well Oda kind of forgot about Carrot's plotline..." (cit.)
    "Oh, did I accidentally draw her again? Silly me. Starting from this last panel, I'll never draw her again, no-sir-ree."

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    "Oh, did I accidentally draw her again? Silly me. Starting from this last panel, I'll never draw her again, no-sir-ree."
    Maybe that's what he really said in that last page, we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by omy785 View Post
    Maybe that's what he really said in that last page, we'll see
    Certainly. Who even needs to see her Sulong form again, amirite?

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?

Quote Originally Posted by SeaOfHope View Post
    Then ask yourself: Why is Carrot with the Straw Hats during this raid and not the Musketeers?

If the answer has something about Oda planning something for her, I think you answered the question.
    So because Oda might has something planned for carrot, she's next nakama material. Seriously.... how many hundreds ( thousands? ) other side characters had something planned/ had some minor role in the story?

Are y'all still rooting for Duval?

How non- special she is. Truly a stain on the history of our next nakamates.

Why you so bothered with people thinking whatever they want to think?

I wish i never learned that the editor wants to boink Carrot.

So because Oda might has something planned for carrot, she's next nakama material. Seriously.... how many hundreds ( thousands? ) other side characters had something planned/ had some minor role in the story?

Are y'all still rooting for Duval?

How non- special she is. Truly a stain on the history of our next nakamates.
    I know you want to stir up some drama, but at least attempt to answer the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    Oda is not trolling. Carrot has a purpose there, which will be clear when it happens.
    However, her lack of meaningful interactions does present her as a side character more than as a crew candidate.
    As much as she as been around Luffy and helped out, I can understand why she may still feel distant. I myself have been feeling that there’s been a lack of passion and struggle with her, which can involve members attempting to overcome their past or a troublesome situation in the present leading to noticeable character conflict in general, with aspects like persistence and dedication helping them through at the end. I suppose Pedro’s death can play into something like that with Carrot’s character development/exploration, but I suppose we’ll have to see.

In fact Oda get us used to her being sidelined which is what happens once you becomes a Strawhat :-)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I wish i never learned that the editor wants to boink Carrot.
    And under-aged Carrot at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post

Worst of all, whatever the next cover has, it'll probably be his disguise design to not spoil the reveal. So it might be half a year before we get proper colors unless a color spread addresses it sooner
    I too been thinking of this.

Chapter 1000 will definitely get a colorpsread, so since we're in the arc of Japan, why not making it about all of the most prominent characters of the arc and have Yamato's colors revealed there?, really hope Oda is thinking about this.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information