View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
275. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

125 45.45%
  • Shinobu

1 0.36%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc.)

1 0.36%
  • Momo

8 2.91%
  • Tama

7 2.55%
  • Carrot

58 21.09%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 2.55%
  • Caribou

4 1.45%
  • Other

22 8.00%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

42 15.27%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 204 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 4061

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Oden was dancing around places for quite some time, 6 or 7 year old Yamato meeting Oden is possible.
    Is possible, we didn't see much of Oden dancing around places and by that time Yamato was a free child rooming Wano.
    EDIT; also, isn't a bit weird that during Oden's dance off, he was hated by most Wano-kunians, but Yamato was in love with the guy already, so interaction between both of them might have actually happened
    Yeah, there's a chance they met and Oden told him where the journal was

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon D. Luffy View Post
    I need to reread WCI but I didn't feel like Pedro's death left any impact whatsoever, at least specific to Carrot.

Not even close to the kind of emotion and impact we get from all the other dead mentors of strawhats.

Yamato on the other hand seems like he cares about Oden and his legacy. There is an emotional connection here that I've never got from Carrot. I think I was more impacted by Bartolomeo's flashback showing how he came to be a fan of Luffy.
    There's a difference between emotional impact and tangible facts as one is subjective and the other is objective. Comparing the relationship between people who more than likely didnt know each against those who did is not a good metric if you want to take a subjective stance on when there are fundamental differences that point to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon D. Luffy View Post
    I need to reread WCI but I didn't feel like Pedro's death left any impact whatsoever, at least specific to Carrot.

Not even close to the kind of emotion and impact we get from all the other dead mentors of strawhats.

Yamato on the other hand seems like he cares about Oden and his legacy. There is an emotional connection here that I've never got from Carrot. I think I was more impacted by Bartolomeo's flashback showing how he came to be a fan of Luffy.
    When Pedro died she cried and continued to cry until Jinbei gave his speech. After that she regained her resolve to focus on the dangers ahead. When she saw that Perosperos survived she had a look of despair and anger but continued to do her role on the ship.
    Before she activated Sulong she once again remembered Pedros words to her and after they finally escaped WCI and they were safe she had the conversation with Sanji about Pedros death and cried again. There was also the funeral they did for him in Wano and Nekomamushi still needs to learn about Pedros death.

I just reread the Yamato reveal about her fascination with Oden. She says that she witnessed the legendary "hour long execution". To me it sounds like this event specifically started her fascination with him. She also says that she found the logbook after that event so Oden didn't give it to her

How badly are the Vivre Cards also taken into account for the Straw Hats. Because 1 to 13 are all Straw Hats and there are no numbers in between left. So perhaps the crew is actually already complete
    " I have created over a thousand blades. Unknown to death. Nor known to life. Have withstood pain to create many weapons. Yet, those hands will never hold anything. "

Quote Originally Posted by RobinotX View Post
    How badly are the Vivre Cards also taken into account for the Straw Hats. Because 1 to 13 are all Straw Hats and there are no numbers in between left. So perhaps the crew is actually already complete
    It would be incredibly limiting if true, and Oda has never let the data books limit him before. They couldn't put anyone there because no one else has joined yet, and they couldn't leave space because any number of spaces would also limit Oda to that many options. I don't treat it as gospel on the matter.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

End of the day, the manga takes precedence, but as I understand it, Oda has claimed that the Vivre Cards are intended to be "future proofed" somehow (though in what way, I cannot say). So I'd give them a bit of weight, but not so much as to override what the manga appears to be doing - and especially with the expectation that Oda's not going to spoil something in the Vivre Cards that he's saving for the manga itself, with "who's joining the crew" being perhaps the MOST likely to be obfuscated.

Ultimately, though, if we can get different cards for pre- and post-TS versions of the Strawhats, plus skill cards, etc. all under a single "number" entry, I don't see why we can't get updated cards down the line should Carrot (for example, as she actually has a card at present) be moved into the crew later on. Particularly since the two cards for the Merry and Sunny feel a bit out of place - endearing though it is to count them among the crew, so far as I'm aware, no other ships have been given their own card. That puts me in the mindset of thinking that perhaps they are there to serve as placeholders, since Oda was never going to give us Jinbe at 10, Vivi at 13, and two empty slots to dwell on for potentially years on end.

That's part of the reason that I think a total crew size of 13 is possible (Vivi included).
    Last edited by otakufan; August 18th, 2020 at 10:59 AM.

Black tea is best enjoyed with one's fellow monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by otakufan View Post
    End of the day, the manga takes precedence, but as I understand it, Oda has claimed that the Vivre Cards are intended to be "future proofed" somehow (though in what way, I cannot say). So I'd give them a bit of weight, but not so much as to override what the manga appears to be doing - and especially with the expectation that Oda's not going to spoil something in the Vivre Cards that he's saving for the manga itself, with "who's joining the crew" being perhaps the MOST likely to be obfuscated.

Ultimately, though, if we can get different cards for pre- and post-TS versions of the Strawhats, plus skill cards, etc. all under a single "number" entry, I don't see why we can't get updated cards down the line should Carrot (for example, as she actually has a card at present) be moved into the crew later on. Particularly since the two cards for the Merry and Sunny feel a bit out of place - endearing though it is to count them among the crew, so far as I'm aware, no other ships have been given their own card. That puts me in the mindset of thinking that perhaps they are there to serve as placeholders, since Oda was never going to give us Jinbe at 10, Vivi at 13, and two empty slots to dwell on for potentially years on end.

That's part of the reason that I think a total crew size of 13 is possible (Vivi included).

I think future proofing was just the fact that they can release new packs as the story continues. Very likely there will be another vivre card binder so you can put Wano and beyond.

I'd say that card 11 can share its number since The Merry is dead anyways, but card 12 will remain as the Thousand Sunny.

And yeah, Wano have already introduced lots of characters that don't have a card yet, so I suppose lots of newer packs will be released eventually.

Oda isn't beholden to those, though. They can always add someone further down the line with a number that represents when they appeared. This reminds be that Carrot's Vivre card had a different shade of green from every other card in that Zou set.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    This reminds be that Carrot's Vivre card had a different shade of green from every other card in that Zou set.
    aah poor Robby, haven't achieved a thing from his very well done printings explanations.

Jinbe, the Ships, and Vivi were all created to be strawhats at the time before the card sets released, thats why they are 10-13. At worst, if Carrot joins, she'll probably get a new updated "red" card to reflect being a strawhat pirate. She may even get a new "11" designator to share with Merry.

It all depends on how they are even going to continue to make the cards every arc.

How many people think we’re getting only one more member and how many people think we’ll get more than one?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    How many people think we’re getting only one more member and how many people think we’ll get more than one?
    I think 1 more is very likely. I feel like Oda would have made it clear that Jinbe would have been last if it was true.

As for more beyond that, it depends. I'm really partial to both Carrot and Yamato right now and both seem to be exclusively sticking with strawhats over any other character or group. Its

aah poor Robby, haven't achieved a thing from his very well done printings explanations.
    Robby also said Jinbe's role would be lifeguard and that Pedro wasn't dead. I'll keep doing my own thing, thanks. :)

Robby also said Jinbe's role would be lifeguard and that Pedro wasn't dead. I'll keep doing my own thing, thanks. :)
    He literally posted a picture that clearly shows all of them cards having slightly different shades of green.

I think there is more than one remaining.

See sig. I think Vivi is going to return. And Smoker is going to join.
    Last edited by Vongola_Boss_XI; August 18th, 2020 at 04:14 PM.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

I need to find the lifeguard explanation. I think I remember Jinbe complaining about rescuing DF users lol

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    I'd vote for a number less than or equal to 1 at this point.

He literally posted a picture that clearly shows all of them cards having slightly different shades of green.
    And her card still stood out the most amongst them all.
    Spoiler:

And her card still stood out the most amongst them all.
    I'm spotting like 8 other cards with the exact same shade..

if any, the one card at the very bottom has a much lighter shade than any other.

It does seem like just printing issues, heck! I could bet that if we buy around 20 cards of Carrot only, they all will show different shades too.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information