View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
275. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

125 45.45%
  • Shinobu

1 0.36%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc.)

1 0.36%
  • Momo

8 2.91%
  • Tama

7 2.55%
  • Carrot

58 21.09%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 2.55%
  • Caribou

4 1.45%
  • Other

22 8.00%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

42 15.27%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 204 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 156 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 4061

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Im hoping the reason why Choppers jump point was removed is because he will get his own Sulong inspired form soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    Im hoping the reason why Choppers jump point was removed is because he will get his own Sulong inspired form soon.
    Chopper, A bi-pedal reindeer doctor who uses these Rumble Balls that affect the wavelength of his DF, surely he has capability to study the Minks and Su Long to acquire it himself.
    Last edited by ArmamentHero; August 14th, 2020 at 01:39 AM.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Also it's strange that such a small crew so late in the NW only has the M3 as haki users and usopp. When will the rest get haki, since it's the thing in NW and many have it. Ph yeah, there's jimbei too but he is nw veteran and warlord.

So Chopper lost his Jump Point after the timeskip and then Oda introduced a character that can also jump really high without needing an extra form for it. Sounds to me like he already planned a character like Carrot during the timeskip and knew that she and Chopper might be too similar so he changed Chopper to a more heavy brawler fighter and made Carrot the agile one. Oda must have known that people will start thinking that Carrot could join the crew and make theories and these counter arguments.

I completely agree that at this point all the Strawhats should get some form of Haki when we see almost every named enemy have it in the new world.

I never understood why Oda made kung fu point so... weird and chubby. It's supposed to be Chopper's badass form for regular combat, but it looks so unimpressive. It should have been a visual combination of the old jumping and arm points, IMO.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Chopper has entire forms dedicated to agility.

He just doesn't use them anymore.

Or fight in general.

Or ever leave his chibi form except for very brief moments.
    The only form he has dedicated to agility is kung fu point. His jumping point and arm point disappeared.

It's really not just the forms, but the fighting style where they are fundamentally different.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    I never understood why Oda made kung fu point so... weird and chubby. It's supposed to be Chopper's badass form for regular combat, but it looks so unimpressive. It should have been a visual combination of the old jumping and arm points, IMO.
    I think its supossed to be based on the natives of Torino Kingdom.

I could imagine that merchandise is one of the reasons for Chopper's transition (and his forms in general). One Piece is a huge economical factor in Japan after all, it's hard to believe that this doesn't influence Oda's work in some fashion.
    Not to the point that it would dominate his creative process, of course, but it's not a stretch to think that certain designs are more affected than others.

I think I've gotten used to the cutification, but I still believe the re-design of the hat was a huge mistake.

Chopper has entire forms dedicated to agility.

He just doesn't use them anymore.

Or fight in general.

Or ever leave his chibi form except for very brief moments.
    Maybe thats why Oda got rid of jump point, because he was planning on introducing Carrot;)

I personally don't like the idea of taking a unique aspect from one character, just to introduce another character with those aspects, that's just detrimental to Chopper, imo.

Chopper has been severely underutilized up to this point. I really liked Chopper pre-time skip, the little guy was just so cool watch do stuff...
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Did he have like a jumping point-ectomy?

Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    What's so unique about Yamato's fighting style? So far, all we have seen from her is Thunder Bagua, which is one of Kaido's signature moves. Sure, she's Kaido's daughter, so it has an explanation. Unless she has a devil fruit power we're unaware of, at this point, her fighting style isn't really at all distinct. She's just a lesser version of Kaido. And her dream / gimmick is that she's an Oden fangirl who cosplays Oden in real life.
    Kaido isn't joining the crew, though.

Kaido's son might.

It seems fine for a new crewmate being based on another existing character, like how Sanji is based on Zeff, provided that fighting style is unique to the strawhat pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon D. Luffy View Post
    Kaido isn't joining the crew, though.

Kaido's son might.

It seems fine for a new crewmate being based on another existing character, like how Sanji is based on Zeff, provided that fighting style is unique to the strawhat pirates.
    I agree with this and I think Yamato would be pretty unique among the crew. I feel like we're overdue for a 3rd "sworduser" so someone that wields a blunt club is pretty distinct from Zoro's hack n slash fighting and Brook's fencing moves.

The arms of Arm Point and legs of Jump Point got sucked into the body and made Kungfu Point. Wushu/Kungfu is said to make the practitioners shorter. It was the only way to logically achieve such a powerful form.

In all seriousness I can’t imagine that Oda has heard that stereotype of Wushu/kungfu people getting short through the training process but maybe?! Shorter people do well in competition because they can make easier rotations during acrobatics and such. So when you see a lot of shorter people winning an idea evolved that the sport shrinks you. I feel like I heard the same thing about gymnastics. Chopper does get super flippy during the point doesn’t he?
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Carrot and Chopper also have the exact same power set, except Chopper has 7 forms instead of 2.

If Yamato came in and was doing kick attacks or using swords or turning into a ghost, I wouldn't give him any thought.
    While I don't intend to debate on who's going to join and who not I will have to disagree with you that Chopper and Carrot have the same power sets. While it's true that their common denominator is shifting forms, if we take that as an argument we might aswell say that Zoro and Brook shouldn't be on the same crew because they both fight with swords (you do remember that back then many people actually used that as an argument for Brook not to join). But if we take Zoro and Brook as an example then their two completely different kinds of swordsfighters. Zoro is a warrior that practices and follows the way of the sword while Brook is more a swashbuckler who's also has a completely different kind of power set from Zoro.

And in the same way I would take Chopper and Carrot. While Chopper is not fighting with a weapon Carrot very much is using a weapon. We might not see it much but it has been emphasized in her Pedro flashback how much of an integral part those paws actually play for her being a fighter because she was unable to fight well with a sword and Pedro taught her that this is her own unique style of armed combat. So already there not the same power set. Plus she is a Electro user and while you could say that a) every Mink can use it and b) it really hasn't played a big role yet I would counter that by saying a) Fishman Karate is not a Jinbei exclusive thing and yet it's part of his unique fighting skill among the Strawhats and b) it's an overall problem of the OP story as it is now to dedicate enough time to flesh out all the things introduced with how cluttered with characters and plot points the story has been the past few arcs and not something that is exclusive to Electro. Plus aside from Pedro vs. Tamago for the same reason just stated we really haven't seen much of a fully fleshed out Mink fight yet where we see their entire skill set at all. So it would be too early to say that there's not much too it.

And while I just said in another thread that these lighting powers might not be something limited only to the Minks, I most definitely take it that they have developed a tribe specific way of utilizing in a fight because everybody can use it, just as fishmen have learned to use their species specific abilities in controling water/moisture into a fighting style called Fishman Karate. So I really don't see Chopper and Carrot having the "exact same power set". There are things they have in common but absolutely not the same by my book. ;)
    Last edited by Ivotas; August 14th, 2020 at 08:35 AM.

Besides Electro the minks have also the unique ability to redirect their movement while in the air. We see this with Pedro and his tail and Carrot also used it, especially when she used her Sulong form the ability seemed to be enhanced a lot with her flying all the way to Daifukus ship.

While Carrot is not the first Mink we have seen in the story she is the first who showcases all the unique Mink abilities: Electro and floating in her introduction chapter and she is the first Sulong transformation we see. When you reread Carrots introduction you have all her skills displayed in a few panels. Fast enough to dodge Zoros first strike by dodging in mid air and then attacking which forces him to block with his sword while she uses Electro with her glove weapon. Immediately after she showcases her impressive jumping height and shows her possible role as a lookout. None of those are things that Chopper can do so I never understood the comparison between their powers from the beginning. Zoro also comments on her weapon/attack and Franky on her jumping ability.

With Yamatos introduction we immediately got introduced to her personal problems and motivations but we know nothing about her abilities and other skills besides her weapon and one attack.
    With Carrots introduction we immediately got all her abilities and skills but needed to wait until WCI to get more insight into her personality and motivations for the future.

I'm still going with bonney if another female joins, her role in the story will be as important as robin's. And her personality is way more unique then whatever other females like carrot and yamato. Even Ulti has better personality then them.

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    I'm still going with bonney if another female joins, her role in the story will be as important as robin's. And her personality is way more unique then whatever other females like carrot and yamato. Even Ulti has better personality then them.
    I actually think Carrot's personality is a great fit for the crew. I've said this before, but she represents that youthful optimism that's been missing from all but Luffy and somewhat Chopper, minus his tendancy to freak out in fear. She enjoys getting into fights and loves life, and isn't afraid to get down and dirty or look silly doing it. It's a breath of fresh air, and definitely sets her apart from Nami and Robin.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    I actually think Carrot's personality is a great fit for the crew. I've said this before, but she represents that youthful optimism that's been missing from all but Luffy and somewhat Chopper, minus his tendancy to freak out in fear. She enjoys getting into fights and loves life, and isn't afraid to get down and dirty or look silly doing it. It's a breath of fresh air, and definitely sets her apart from Nami and Robin.
    I actually agree with you but you also named the reasons I'm Team Yamato rn.

Eh, imo, Carrot feels really bland and piggybacks Choppers which doesn't really help to differentiate her. Each of the Strawhats have a youthful optimism to them, but they also have traits that make them feel very vivid in their actions, words, etc. Carrot hasn't done that for me.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information