View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

189 51.36%
  • Shinobu

1 0.27%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc)

1 0.27%
  • Momo

9 2.45%
  • Tama

9 2.45%
  • Carrot

68 18.48%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 1.90%
  • Caribou

6 1.63%
  • Other

28 7.61%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

50 13.59%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 504 of 504 FirstFirst ... 4 404 454 494 502 503 504
Results 10,061 to 10,065 of 10065

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

I will never understand how Oda introduced a talking skeleton musician with an afro and a yohoho laugh that poops who Luffy asked to join immediately in a two page spread... and people had doubts about him joining.

Folks didn't get on board until the Laboon connection came to light.

I will never understand.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I was sold the moment I seen a Skeleton with an Afro that was a gentleman.

Brook's character just screamed love from the first appearance.

Jinbe was a different case. I came to love him during the Battle of Marineford Arc where I came to want him to be part of the SHP.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    I will never understand how Oda introduced a talking skeleton musician with an afro and a yohoho laugh that poops who Luffy asked to join immediately in a two page spread... and people had doubts about him joining.

Folks didn't get on board until the Laboon connection came to light.

I will never understand.
    I don't know, it's easy to say that in hindsight. Whoever joins after Wano (if any), their respective fanbase will act as if it's been obvious for a very long time even though we know that there are plenty of people who doubted it or straight up disagreed. And coming from an arc where Oda deliberately played with red herrings and sowing doubt everywhere I can kinda understand why people would still be wary of something that is so "in your face" as Brook's introduction was.
    Heck, some people still believe that Jimbei is going to die before the arc is over because his toast was postponed. I also don't understand, just as I don't understand the arguments people are bringing up for Carrot or Tama, but if we're all equally convinced of our contradicting interpretations I'll be careful to call anything obvious.

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

I remember when I was catching up during the Water 7 saga and initially thought Paulie would join over Franky... along with many others. Man, those were the days. Still think fighting with ropes is cool and unique, shame it was just a one-off.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoeggr View Post
    I remember when I was catching up during the Water 7 saga and initially thought Paulie would join over Franky... along with many others. Man, those were the days. Still think fighting with ropes is cool and unique, shame it was just a one-off.
    Yep, they were! I was team Paulie too when he first appeared

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information