View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
275. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

125 45.45%
  • Shinobu

1 0.36%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc.)

1 0.36%
  • Momo

8 2.91%
  • Tama

7 2.55%
  • Carrot

58 21.09%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 2.55%
  • Caribou

4 1.45%
  • Other

22 8.00%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

42 15.27%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 204 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 4061

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Is Big Mom going down this arc? That's kind of intimidating to think about in the context of all this talk about One Piece ending in 5 years.

I already struggle to see anyone joining after Wano but if Kaido AND Big Mom are defeated this arc there's just no way in my mind that we're getting new crew members after Wano.

Quote Originally Posted by fapfapfap View Post
    Is Big Mom going down this arc? That's kind of intimidating to think about in the context of all this talk about One Piece ending in 5 years.

I already struggle to see anyone joining after Wano but if Kaido AND Big Mom are defeated this arc there's just no way in my mind that we're getting new crew members after Wano.
    I personally hope so. Just like how Moria returned in a limited capacity post-Thriller Bark, I can see BM (and possibly even Kaido) being factors post-Wano to tie into Elbaf or the ongoing Rocks plot. Theres clearly stuff with Rocks, the crew, and possinly God Valley, Shanks and Blackbeard that may not be resolved in Wano at all.

I imagine the cast on Laugh Tale will be very limited: just the Straw Hats and perhaps the BB captains or whoever they're racing to the OP.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

I think BM is going down, yes.

About new members post-Wano, I can only see already established characters as possible (Vivi, Hancock or other known names).
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

I can't see Buggy not being there when BB is taken down.

But that's because I have an entire made up arc about BB's defeat concocted solely for the reason of Buggy being there, so it doesn't count.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Ever since it was confirmed she was going to Wano, I think it was set this will also be the last arc of her as an antagonist (either she becomes an ally or she is defeated for good here).

To be honest, to me it makes as little sense to bring her to Wano only to drag her role all the way to Elbaf as it would have made to put her situation on a hold for years after WCI only for it to be resumed again in Elbaf. So it was always a matter of whether the BM matter would be settled in WCI or stretched to be finished along with Kaido in Wano, Elbaf was always out of question.

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    I imagine the cast on Laugh Tale will be very limited: just the Straw Hats and perhaps the BB captains or whoever they're racing to the OP.
    See, for some reason I expect some ancient guardian still active guarding the place, ala Treasure Planet. Don't know why, but I feel like the clues of Laugh Tale and the ancient civilization on it were super advanced, possibly even aliens from another world and their tech is still semi-working on the island, but it'll take certain parameters for them to be fully active, parameters that obviously Roger couldn't fulfill, but Luffy can.

This is mostly insane rambling, but I do believe that Laugh Tale is going to be more than just your standard "vault of treasure" at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by LordButler View Post
    See, for some reason I expect some ancient guardian still active guarding the place, ala Treasure Planet. Don't know why, but I feel like the clues of Laugh Tale and the ancient civilization on it were super advanced, possibly even aliens from another world and their tech is still semi-working on the island, but it'll take certain parameters for them to be fully active, parameters that obviously Roger couldn't fulfill, but Luffy can.

This is mostly insane rambling, but I do believe that Laugh Tale is going to be more than just your standard "vault of treasure" at the end.
    I think what Shift means is that very few people outside of Luffy's crew will actually be at Laugh Tale, therefore making it a very personal adventure arc by default. I can even see an instance where BB doesn't even care to look for the Road Poneglpyh's, he's just going to either stalk Luffy's crew using Shiryu's powers to find the island or something like that (or steal copies of each poneglyph in the future).

I do foresee plotlines involving Vegapunk/Elbaf being pretty stacked still, considering the characters possibly involved with both. But Lodestar/Laugh Tale may be our final opportunities to have an exclusively Strawhat related arc i'd say.

Don't see why Big Mom's going down this arc.

I don't think Big Mom will go down this arc but I also think she needs to be pulled away from Luffy. I have a feeling that Blackbeard might attack Whole Cake Island while Big Mom is away and force her to retreat.

At the very least for the next arc I don't think the Straw Hats will be going backwards. They will have to go back to Fihman Island eventually, but that won't be until they at least hit Lodestar island.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaOfHope View Post
    Don't see why Big Mom's going down this arc.

https://i.imgur.com/MQ3BENj.jpg
    Because that was entirely before we (and Luffy) knew Big Mom would pursue Luffy to Wano. Not to mention he just proclaimed he'd beat everyone in Wano's war right in front of her this past chapter.

Additionally, Oda has yet to ever revisit islands (there's really no space or place for it in the story). Fishman island is really the only arc that has been hinted at having an "revisit" due to it being inherently tied to the end of the story.

Now Elbaf? Maybe, but I definitely don't see anyone returning to WCI.

I don't know if Big Mom will be defeated in Wano. It feels like Oda is not framing her presence there as a full-fledged villain, or at least it's completely different compared to WCI or how he's doing Kaido now. Also, there's not much motivation to defeat her despite Luffy claiming an all-out war.

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    I don't know if Big Mom will be defeated in Wano. It feels like Oda is not framing her presence there as a full-fledged villain, or at least it's completely different compared to WCI or how he's doing Kaido now. Also, there's not much motivation to defeat her despite Luffy claiming an all-out war.
    I just don't think she'll fall in the traditional sense. There was clear narrative exposing us to O-Lin. At worst, I see someone (possibly Luffy), setting her back into that personality towards the end of the arc, and I feel like this will effectively end her role at Wano. I just don't see Luffy beating BM to a pulp, even if she's a certified monster. Perhaps another villain (Blackbeard perhaps?) maybe though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gia Sado View Post
    I just don't think she'll fall in the traditional sense. There was clear narrative exposing us to O-Lin. At worst, I see someone (possibly Luffy), setting her back into that personality towards the end of the arc, and I feel like this will effectively end her role at Wano. I just don't see Luffy beating BM to a pulp, even if she's a certified monster. Perhaps another villain (Blackbeard perhaps?) maybe though.
    Hmmm... Idk. The issue with the Yonko is that I think even Oda stated in an interview that his original plans for the series would be Luffy taking down the 4 emperor's. Luffy also clearly said he wanted to beat all 4, although HOW he beats them would be more up for debate imo.

What would Caribou’s color be? Grey? Brown?

I think Big Mom will fall this arc. Her presence in Elbaf will be as a memory, and she will also be revisited when we learn about Rocks. But, as a villain, this is the end of the line for her.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    What would Caribou’s color be? Grey? Brown?
    His color is shit.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

I think Elbaf is going to be the next arc after Wano for sure. That island has been teased even longer than Wano and why namedrop that Loki has been born in Big Moms flashback and that small glimps at the island with the gian beanstalk/tree. All of Elbaf gives me a Skypiea arc vibes and the last adventure arc for the Straw Hats before we jump into the final endgame arcs.

Since we learned about Big Moms connection to the giants I always had in mind that she will probably be defeated in Elbaf. Adding to that is also that Luffy said that he will kick her ass all over the new world (Fisman Island as his territory, Punk Hazard with her dream of Ceasar turning everyone into giants, Dressrosa not really much but her ship appeared and attacked the Sunny, in Zou they got Sanji and of course WCI and Wano). I think Big Mom will for some reason have to retreat from Wano and then pursues the Straw Hats to Elbaf where she will appear in the second half of that arc. Taking down two Yonkos in one arc would be too much for me especially because Big Moms forces are not even all present and I can also see a revolution happening in the Big Mom pirates with Katakuri becoming the new captain.

Now for some actual new Straw Hat discussion I find it really interesting that Carrot is once again not where all the other Minks are and she is sepparated from what will probably be the big Mink moment in Wano which tells me that Oda has something else planned for her. Perosperos is getting closer and it is unclear what exactly is going on between Marco and him but I think we can expect a meeting between Carrot and Perosperos in the next few chapters. This will decide Carrots future.

Maybe it is just me but the Dawn that Pedro spoke of always felt like something different from the Dawn that Toki spoke of. Wanos Dawn seems to be the same as opening Wanos Borders but Pedro was talking about it as if it was something that will effect the whole world in a bigger scale and meaning.

Yamato didn't really seem to care that the Scabbards and Momonosuke are still alive and still insists on becoming Oden herself. I think she has mentioned this in every chapter she has appeared now.

You never know with Oda, he could pull another Drum Island or Punk Hazard on us

Quote Originally Posted by TheGarc View Post
    Yamato didn't really seem to care that the Scabbards and Momonosuke are still alive and still insists on becoming Oden herself. I think she has mentioned this in every chapter she has appeared now.
    The fact Yamato isn't stanning the scabbards is already a plus in my book. And Yamato throwing "Oden" around seems more geared towards an ideology of freedom than anything.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Lol seriously I'm gonna laugh when we all are wrong and he takes us to an island that (at first) seemingly has nothing to do with the next set of plot threads. Though at this point the number of threads are getting less in number (though they are huge threads), so chances are whatever it is, it would probably segue into Elbaf or Rocks or Weevil or Vegapunk or something related.

That's not too bad, as long as it isn't a Foxy like arc.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information