View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

189 51.36%
  • Shinobu

1 0.27%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc)

1 0.27%
  • Momo

9 2.45%
  • Tama

9 2.45%
  • Carrot

68 18.48%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 1.90%
  • Caribou

6 1.63%
  • Other

28 7.61%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

50 13.59%
Closed Thread
Page 499 of 506 FirstFirst ... 399 449 489 497 498 499 500 501 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,980 of 10112

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Honestly, I'm banking on Yamato joining, but I don't think her fruit is all that synergistic with the crew. It could obviously be an ignorance of the "Big Picture," but it doesn't feel functionally unique like every other fruit and ability on the crew.
    What synergy would you even say there is with the current selection of DF's? They don't really complement each other, we haven't seen them play off of each other, there's plenty of overlap (Brook and Robin are both good for eavesdropping/intel gathering, Luffy/Chopper/Robin can all change/create larger limbs, etc.), there's no balance in the types (3 Paramecia and 1 Zoan).

Depending on how Oda utilizes the ice-powers Yamato possesses through his Devil Fruit, it may just open up a new avenue for ways to fight during sea battles that the Straw Hat Pirates will face going forward. With the inclusion of the Super Helmsman, sea battles may become a thing going forward. Rather than melee-oriented fighters like Luffy, Zoro, Sanji and Chopper having to find footing to engage their attacks, Yamato could freeze sections of the ocean to allow those members more freedom in how they approach their opponent (ship/cannon balls/sea monsters/etc). Yamato may even be able to apply freeze around ships that pursue the Straw Hat Pirates in order to ensnare/immobilize them.

Also Jinbe drenching the opponent with water and Yamato freezing them could be a strategy these two could use.

Oda has yet to fully display the potential of the Inu Inu no Mi, Model: Okuchi no Makami so at this point it is unclear how exactly it will function at sea but I suspect since the Devil Fruit is a Mythical Zoan variant, it will allow the user significant application of the element under its control. Also a big wolf running across water as it freezes it would be a sight to see. (Lookout on an enemy ship - "Captain, there is a Giant Wolf approaching us! It is running on top of the ocean!").

Now that the Marine ships are in the surrounding ocean of Wano Kuni, it will be fascinating to see if Oda chooses to highlight Yamato's abilities during the upcoming conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Syphin View Post
    Depending on how Oda utilizes the ice-powers Yamato possesses through his Devil Fruit, it may just open up a new avenue for ways to fight during sea battles that the Straw Hat Pirates will face going forward. With the inclusion of the Super Helmsman, sea battles may become a thing going forward. Rather than melee-oriented fighters like Luffy, Zoro, Sanji and Chopper having to find footing to engage their attacks, Yamato could freeze sections of the ocean to allow those members more freedom in how they approach their opponent (ship/cannon balls/sea monsters/etc). Yamato may even be able to apply freeze around ships that pursue the Straw Hat Pirates in order to ensnare/immobilize them.

Also Jinbe drenching the opponent with water and Yamato freezing them could be a strategy these two could use.

Oda has yet to fully display the potential of the Inu Inu no Mi, Model: Okuchi no Makami so at this point it is unclear how exactly it will function at sea but I suspect since the Devil Fruit is a Mythical Zoan variant, it will allow the user significant application of the element under its control. Also a big wolf running across water as it freezes it would be a sight to see. (Lookout on an enemy ship - "Captain, there is a Giant Wolf approaching us! It is running on top of the ocean!").

Now that the Marine ships are in the surrounding ocean of Wano Kuni, it will be fascinating to see if Oda chooses to highlight Yamato's abilities during the upcoming conflict.
    Mirror Mountain as a defensive move also fits thematically with the fruit as a guardian. I imagine it would be possible for Yamato to either use the ability to protect someone else, our put themselves in the line of fire and use it for defense. Given the presence of explosives, CP0, and many weakened allies (Robin, Tama, etc.), I'd say there's a reasonable chance we could see Yamato putting the DF to use as a protector.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosta View Post
    What synergy would you even say there is with the current selection of DF's? They don't really complement each other, we haven't seen them play off of each other, there's plenty of overlap (Brook and Robin are both good for eavesdropping/intel gathering, Luffy/Chopper/Robin can all change/create larger limbs, etc.), there's no balance in the types (3 Paramecia and 1 Zoan).
    The synergy is with their role on the crew. Brook's fruit plays into his role as a musician and brought him back to life as a skeleton.. or a monster. For Chopper, his role is a Doctor and his human-human fruit allows him to heal people while also retaining his initial role as a monster. Robin's fruit mostly enhances her abilities in espionage and discovery. She's also another monster child and used those abilities to aid in her studies. Luffy's devil fruit has always been about how he's always able to bounce back from defeat and hardship and retain what makes him LUFFY. He's the rubber-static character that binds the crew together.

edit: I could be wrong about Yamato and I see the idea of Guardian Spirit, but in practice the fruit is no different than Dalton's.
    Last edited by andre; October 12th, 2021 at 08:52 AM.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    The synergy is with their role on the crew. Brook's fruit plays into his role as a musician and brought him back to life as a skeleton.. or a monster. For Chopper, his role is a Doctor and his human-human fruit allows him to heal people while also retaining his initial role as a monster. Robin's fruit mostly enhances her abilities in espionage and discovery. She's also another monster child and used those abilities to aid in her studies. Luffy's devil fruit has always been about how he's always able to bounce back from defeat and hardship and retain what makes him LUFFY. He's the rubber-static character that binds the crew together.

edit: I could be wrong about Yamato and I see the idea of Guardian Spirit, but in practice the fruit is no different than Dalton's.
    The things you list aren't really synergy with the role on the crew, they're more like... coherence of character and power. Luffy is rubber and always bounces back, but his role on the crew isn't guy-who-always-bounces-back. Robin was a spy and her power is good for spying, but her role is historian and Poneglyph reader, which are totally separate from her fruit. Chopper is a monster, but his doctor abilities come from his mind, not his devil fruit. Brook doesn't actually use his devil fruit to play music, and he doesn't play play soul music, the Soul King thing is just a pun at the end of the day.

If I were to give an example of how Yamato's fruit fits with the example you gave, I would say that the Okuchi no Makami being a guardian deity matches Yamato's character of fighting to protect people. Yamato protected Luffy from Ulti, Momonosuke and Shinobu from Sasaki and the Beast Pirates, the Alliance from Kaido, and Momonosuke from Kaido. In particular, Yamato didn't fight any of these battles with the intention of winning, but with the intention of saving those in danger. I have questions about what it actually means for a fruit to be a guardian deity, though, so I'll also give a practical response. The fruit has been shown to have offensive and defensive ice production abilities; the defensive ability protected Yamato from (what appears to be) Kaido's most powerful attack, and I expect we'll see these ice abilities being put to good use soon.

very optimistic about hoping oda makes the strawhats do combo attacks. I've given up given how I got jebaited by that dream this arc like 4-5 times. Of course bit of a pessimist here but it's been like since Oars, when we had a semblance of that style of action from Oda.

I think Yamato will use his ice powers to freeze the bombs and stop Onigashima from exploding. Maybe they can be used to stop Orochi's fire

I would love to see Yamato be able to replicate the "Kuzan-cycle" maneuver - either a big winter wolf running across the surface of the ocean, or possibly skating/skiing across in hybrid form.

It does conflict a bit with his stated frustration at how eating his Devil Fruit robbed him of his ability to simply swim away from Onigashima, but as he was also still trapped on the island via explody-cuffs, it's possible he's never actually tried, so fingers crossed.

Welcome to Rokkenjima.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosta View Post
    The things you list aren't really synergy with the role on the crew, they're more like... coherence of character and power. Luffy is rubber and always bounces back, but his role on the crew isn't guy-who-always-bounces-back. Robin was a spy and her power is good for spying, but her role is historian and Poneglyph reader, which are totally separate from her fruit. Chopper is a monster, but his doctor abilities come from his mind, not his devil fruit. Brook doesn't actually use his devil fruit to play music, and he doesn't play play soul music, the Soul King thing is just a pun at the end of the day. [/spoiler]

Robin only gained the knowledge of the void century and poneglyph's through the use of her fruit. Her espionage and spy work is directly correlated with her work as an archeologist. Chopper's mind comes from his devil fruit. He would just be a deer without it. Brook's soul powers have veered well beyond just a pun; it was the straw hat's lifeline against Big Mom for instance and also facilitated his ability to get a poneglyph rub. As for Luffy, his role as a rubber man, both physically and metaphorically, is precisely why he's the captain. It was showcased best in his fight with Katakuri. It's kind of anime tropey, but it's true, he doesn't give up, especially not on his crewmates.

[spoiler] If I were to give an example of how Yamato's fruit fits with the example you gave, I would say that the Okuchi no Makami being a guardian deity matches Yamato's character of fighting to protect people. Yamato protected Luffy from Ulti, Momonosuke and Shinobu from Sasaki and the Beast Pirates, the Alliance from Kaido, and Momonosuke from Kaido. In particular, Yamato didn't fight any of these battles with the intention of winning, but with the intention of saving those in danger. I have questions about what it actually means for a fruit to be a guardian deity, though, so I'll also give a practical response. The fruit has been shown to have offensive and defensive ice production abilities; the defensive ability protected Yamato from (what appears to be) Kaido's most powerful attack, and I expect we'll see these ice abilities being put to good use soon.
    I agree that it matches Yamato's character, but it's not particularly inspired in other ways. We already have ice abilities, for one, through Brook. We also already have a furry mount with horns. Those are superficial things, but I struggle to see what makes the fruit as unique as the others that would allow for a really unique role in the crew. I think Oda's original intention with Brook was not to have the soul powers, but the powers made him more versatile in serving the crew musically (by playing music that moved the souls of Big Mom's minions) and through being able to escape his body. Chopper's fruit is the linchpin of who he is as it gave him the brain to become a doctor and the body to be a monster. Similarly, Robin's fruit gave her the means to acquire the knowledge that makes her a demon monster as well as the form.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

'Everyone's location table'
    Thanks for putting that table together. Just a couple of updates from me:

- I think all of the Oniwabanshu were defeated with the Mimiwarigumi. Also was Fujin really not on Oniashima at any point? I feel like he was.
    - Shishilian was seen in the background in Nekomamushi's area (I think after Perospero was defeated) so he is at least outside with them. I imagine some other minks are as well (like the Monkey).
    - The guest parlour is the second floor and I don't think the remaining Numbers are in the basement, just drunk and asleep in a back room of the palace
    - Bepo, Shachi and Penguin are all in the right brain tower as they were last seen with Franky
    - If Cariou is a ? so should Shinbu as she could've also rode in on Momo like the other Heart Pirates must've done

Default Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    - If Cariou is a ? so should Shinbu as she could've also rode in on Momo like the other Heart Pirates must've done
    Shinobu was shown to watch Momo and Luffy depart for Onigashima

Spoiler:

Now that I look at those panels again, the black blobs near Momo's tail could easily be the Heart Pirates, one big blob for Jean Bart and the smaller blobs for the rest

Conversation is like a dance, you want both sides working together. Only then will the rhythm of its contrast accentuate its appeal. Too much conflict and resistance only serve to throw the balance and enjoyment off. It is okay to argue a point but please acknowledge that when it comes to events yet to be told or roles to be filled or character stories yet to tell or actions to be taken what we are at best arguing are possibilities. The story at this point could very well progress with the crew as it is. Until further context is provided, certainty is but an illusion. Present your case but respect that perspective also plays a part in the interpretation of events that have yet to be closed with a conclusion. One should be careful when telling someone what they should do, it conjures the precursor of vexation. Arguing a point does not mean you should treat the audience as your enemy. We are all fans of this beloved series.

Anyway the current atmosphere clearly requires a bit of a tangent. Here's some information on the Wano Kuni character statuses as at chapter 1028.

Status Last Known Location Floor
    Straw Hat Pirates
    Luffy Active Onigashima - roof Rooftop
    Zoro Active Onigashima - outer Outside
    Nami Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Usopp Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Sanji Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Chopper Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Robin Active Onigashima - inner Floor 3
    Franky Active Onigashima - inner Right Brain Tower
    Brook Active Onigashima - inner Floor 3
    Jinbe Active Onigashima - inner Floor 4
    Other
    Yamato Active Onigashima - outer On route to entrance
    Tama Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Speed Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Caribou Active Udon - Tokage Port?
    Heart Pirates
    Law Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Bepo Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor?
    Shachi Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor?
    Penguin Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor?
    Jean Bart Active Onigashima - outer On route to entrance
    Clione Active Onigashima - outer On route to entrance
    Ikkaku Active Onigashima - outer On route to entrance
    Uni Active Onigashima - outer On route to entrance
    Others Active Onigashima - outer On route to entrance
    Kid Pirates
    Kid Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Killer Active Onigashima - inner Floor 3
    Heat Active Onigashima - inner Floor 4
    Wire Active Onigashima - inner Floor 4
    Whitebeard Pirates
    Marco Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Izo Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    SWORD
    X Drake Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor?
    Beast Pirates
    Kaido Active Onigashima - roof Rooftop
    King Active Onigashima - outer Outside
    Queen Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Jack Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 2 - Treasure Repository
    Page One Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Ulti Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Who's Who Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 4
    Black Maria Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 3 - Banquet Hall
    Sasaki Defeated Onigashima - inner Right Brain Tower
    Bao Huang Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Headliners Active Onigashima - inner
    Gifters Active Onigashima - inner
    Pleasures Active Onigashima - inner
    Waiters Active Onigashima - inner
    Numbers
    #1 Active Onigashima Basement?
    #2 Active Onigashima Basement?
    #3 Active Onigashima Basement?
    Jaki Defeated Onigashima - inner Dropped by Hatcha on route to Right Brain Tower
    Goki Defeated Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    #6 Active Onigashima Basement?
    Nangi Defeated Onigashima - inner Rooftop
    Hatcha Defeated Onigashima - inner Right Brain Tower, Center Hallway
    Kunyun Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 3 - Banquet Hall
    Juki Defeated Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Big Mom Pirates
    Linlin Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Perospero Defeated Onigashima - outer Front Entrance
    Cipher Pol Aigis Zero
    Agent #1 Active Onigashima - inner Guest Parlor (Floor 2?)
    Agent #2 Active Onigashima - inner Guest Parlor (Floor 2?)
    Agent #3 Active Onigashima - inner Guest Parlor (Floor 2?)
    Hawkins Pirates
    Hawkins Active Onigashima - inner Floor 3
    On Air Pirates
    Scratchmen Apoo Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor?
    Kozuki Family
    Momonosuke Active Onigashima - outer Under Onigashima
    Hiyori Active Onigashima - inner ??
    Akazaya Samurai
    Kin'emon Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 1 - Crawl Space
    Denjiro Active Onigashima - inner ??
    Kikunojo Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 1 - Crawl Space
    Raizo Active Onigashima - inner Floor 3
    Ashura Doji Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 2 - Treasure Repository
    Kawamatsu Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Shinobu Active Udon - Tokage Port
    Mink
    Inuarashi Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2 - Treasure Repository
    Nekomamushi Active Onigashima - outer Front Entrance
    Wanda Active Onigashima - outer Front Entrance
    Carrot Active Onigashima - outer Front Entrance
    Shishilian Active Onigashima - inner
    Concelot Active Onigashima - inner
    Giovanni Active Onigashima - inner
    Roddy Active Onigashima - inner
    Blackback Active Onigashima - inner
    Tristan Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Miyagi Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Other Active ??
    Shimotsuki Family
    Toko Active Flower Capital
    Onimaru Active ??
    Yakuza
    Hyogoro Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Omasa Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Tsunagoro Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Cho Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Yatappe Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Kyoshiro Family Active Onigashima - inner
    Kurozumi Family
    Orochi Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2 - Treasure Repository
    Kanjuro Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 1 - Crawl Space
    Orochi Oniwabanshu
    Fukurokuju Active Onigashima - inner Floor 3
    Daikoku Defeated Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Kazekage Defeated Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Fujin Defeated Forest outside Flower Capital
    Raijin ?? ??
    Hanzo ?? Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Chome ?? Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Jogoku Benten ?? Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Bishamon ?? Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Yazaemon ?? Onigashima
    Sarutobi ?? Onigashima
    Mimawarigumi Defeated Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Kuri Citizens
    Hitetsu Active Flower Capital
    Tsurujo ?? Okobore Town

*Feel free to help correct me if I am wrong with any.*

With some of the Numbers yet to make an appearance, I wonder if they are currently located in the basement levels. Would also be interesting to see if Usopp takes on the task of handling them. CP-0 now being activated also creates a urgency around Robin. But thankfully Brook is acting as her vanguard and Jinbe is currently making his way down to Floor 3 on Brook's earlier request.
    Ah, the basement is near the entrance?

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    Thanks for putting that table together. Just a couple of updates from me:

- I think all of the Oniwabanshu were defeated with the Mimiwarigumi. Also was Fujin really not on Oniashima at any point? I feel like he was.
    - Shishilian was seen in the background in Nekomamushi's area (I think after Perospero was defeated) so he is at least outside with them. I imagine some other minks are as well (like the Monkey).
    - The guest parlour is the second floor and I don't think the remaining Numbers are in the basement, just drunk and asleep in a back room of the palace
    - Bepo, Shachi and Penguin are all in the right brain tower as they were last seen with Franky
    Thanks for that. I did not notice Shishilian in chapter 1027 outside. Nice catch. There are also other Mink there but we can't see who exactly there are. As you said, Bariete is likely also outside considering he was riding Shishilian's shoulder in chapter 1012.

With Fujin, once he was defeated by Zoro I don't believe he had appeared again. He and some of the other Orochi Oniwabanshu weren't shown to be on Onigashima yet. I also believe the Orochi Oniwabanshu who challenged Hyogoro were defeated but with panel reference only the Mimiwarigumi and Daikoku and Kazekage were confirmed to have been defeated.

Spoiler:

With Bepo, Shachi and Penguin what chapter were they shown to be together with Franky? From what I have isolated, once the Heart Pirates entered Onigashima, they were shown in chapter 986 to be with Law. Once Law went to the basement to search for the Poneglyph (996) and then to the roof to fight Kaido and Big Mom (1000), the Heart Pirates were shown fighting in chapter 1003 in an open area that I thought was the Performance Floor but on second look they are in a different area - the roof is visible which wouldn't be the case if they were in the Performance Floor. And speaking of the ceiling, it appears different from the ceiling shown in the Right Brain Tower (black and white are inverted). And in chapter 1005 they are still shown fighting. I am not exactly sure where Bepo, Shachi and Penguin are. If you have a panel reference with them with Franky, please let me know. So much is going on during this Onigashima raid that it becomes easy to miss things >.<.
    Edit: Thanks for the information Deicide and black-leg jex.

With the Numbers, yeah they could be anywhere on Onigashima. I just guessed basement because of the current inactivity and the relevance it will shortly have. I'll leave the floor blank for now.

Caribou is a curious case. He has yet to serve his purpose and I wonder where Oda plans to go with him. He could have made his way to Onigashima like the Heart Pirates or he could have remained in Udon. If Caribou is in Onigashima, his swamp storage space would be a good way to deal with the explosives. It would allow Luffy and Co. to reuse the explosives at a later time when needed against the Marines/CP-0.

Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    Ah, the basement is near the entrance?
    Based on the bridge on the right side of the panel, the lamp on the left side, and the ornament-thingy towering in the background, I presume the Heart Pirates and Yamato are near the entrance of the Onigashima Skull Dome.

We know that an entrance to the basement exist on the rear side of Onigashima but the area Yamato is in does not look like the rear side. Another basement entrance could be near the front entrance or somewhere around there.

Spoiler:

Updated table:
    Spoiler:

Status Last Known Location Floor
    Straw Hat Pirates
    Luffy Active Onigashima - roof Rooftop
    Zoro Active Onigashima - outer Outside
    Nami Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Usopp Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Sanji Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Chopper Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Robin Active Onigashima - inner Floor 3
    Franky Active Onigashima - inner Right Brain Tower
    Brook Active Onigashima - inner Floor 3
    Jinbe Active Onigashima - inner Floor 4
    Other
    Yamato Active Onigashima - outer On route to entrance
    Tama Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Speed Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Caribou Active Udon - Tokage Port?
    Heart Pirates
    Law Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Bepo Active Onigashima - inner Right Brain Tower
    Shachi Active Onigashima - inner Right Brain Tower
    Penguin Active Onigashima - inner Right Brain Tower
    Jean Bart Active Onigashima - outer On route to entrance
    Clione Active Onigashima - outer On route to entrance
    Ikkaku Active Onigashima - outer On route to entrance
    Uni Active Onigashima - outer On route to entrance
    Others Active Onigashima - outer On route to entrance
    Kid Pirates
    Kid Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Killer Active Onigashima - inner Floor 3
    Heat Active Onigashima - inner Floor 4
    Wire Active Onigashima - inner Floor 4
    Whitebeard Pirates
    Marco Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Izo Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    SWORD
    X Drake Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor?
    Beast Pirates
    Kaido Active Onigashima - roof Rooftop
    King Active Onigashima - outer Outside
    Queen Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Jack Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 2 - Treasure Repository
    Page One Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Ulti Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Who's Who Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 4
    Black Maria Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 3 - Banquet Hall
    Sasaki Defeated Onigashima - inner Right Brain Tower
    Bao Huang Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Headliners Active Onigashima - inner
    Gifters Active Onigashima - inner
    Pleasures Active Onigashima - inner
    Waiters Active Onigashima - inner
    Numbers
    #1 Active Onigashima ??
    #2 Active Onigashima ??
    #3 Active Onigashima ??
    Jaki Defeated Onigashima - inner Dropped by Hatcha on route to Right Brain Tower
    Goki Defeated Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    #6 Active Onigashima ??
    Nangi Defeated Onigashima - inner Rooftop
    Hatcha Defeated Onigashima - inner Right Brain Tower, Center Hallway
    Kunyun Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 3 - Banquet Hall
    Juki Defeated Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Big Mom Pirates
    Linlin Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Perospero Defeated Onigashima - outer Front Entrance
    Cipher Pol Aigis Zero
    Agent #1 Active Onigashima - inner Guest Parlor (Floor 2)
    Agent #2 Active Onigashima - inner Guest Parlor (Floor 2)
    Agent #3 Active Onigashima - inner Guest Parlor (Floor 2)
    Hawkins Pirates
    Hawkins Active Onigashima - inner Floor 3
    On Air Pirates
    Scratchmen Apoo Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor?
    Kozuki Family
    Momonosuke Active Onigashima - outer Under Onigashima
    Hiyori Active Onigashima - inner ??
    Akazaya Samurai
    Kin'emon Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 1 - Crawl Space
    Denjiro Active Onigashima - inner ??
    Kikunojo Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 1 - Crawl Space
    Raizo Active Onigashima - inner Floor 3
    Ashura Doji Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 2 - Treasure Repository
    Kawamatsu Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Shinobu Active Udon - Tokage Port
    Mink
    Inuarashi Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2 - Treasure Repository
    Nekomamushi Active Onigashima - outer Front Entrance
    Wanda Active Onigashima - outer Front Entrance
    Carrot Active Onigashima - outer Front Entrance
    Shishilian Active Onigashima - outer Front Entrance
    Concelot Active Onigashima - inner
    Giovanni Active Onigashima - inner
    Bariete Active Onigashima - outer? Front Entrance?
    Roddy Active Onigashima - inner
    Blackback Active Onigashima - inner
    Tristan Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Miyagi Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Other Active ??
    Shimotsuki Family
    Toko Active Flower Capital
    Onimaru Active ??
    Yakuza
    Hyogoro Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Omasa Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Tsunagoro Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Cho Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Yatappe Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Kyoshiro Family Active Onigashima - inner
    Kurozumi Family
    Orochi Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2 - Treasure Repository
    Kanjuro Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 1 - Crawl Space
    Orochi Oniwabanshu
    Fukurokuju Active Onigashima - inner Floor 3
    Daikoku Defeated Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Kazekage Defeated Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Fujin Defeated Forest outside Flower Capital
    Raijin ?? ??
    Hanzo ?? Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Chome ?? Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Jogoku Benten ?? Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Bishamon ?? Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Yazaemon ?? Onigashima
    Sarutobi ?? Onigashima
    Mimawarigumi Defeated Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Kuri Citizens
    Hitetsu Active Flower Capital
    Tsurujo ?? Okobore Town

Last edited by Syphin; October 12th, 2021 at 11:02 PM.

This post ended up being longer than I had anticipated.

General thoughts:
    • There will be 11 members in the crew.
    • There will be characters such as: Cavendish, Barto, Pedro that will be focused on. However, they will become fleet members.
    • The fleet’s total number will be 8000 as per Usopp’s lie.
    • To distinguish between: Straw Hat pirate, Fleet member and regular ally, Luffy’s vivre card will be distributed to fleet captains. Example: Zoro, Bartolomeo and King Riku.
    Stance before Wano:
    • No new member besides Jimbe will join during this arc
    • New member will be a new character that we will meet after Wano (next island/Roadstar)
    • The current saga is Luffy’s rise to notoriety as a “great pirate” a.k.a his meeting with Shanks. A great pirate could also be seen as an emperor.
    Therefore, the current saga sees Luffy gaining a fleet and territories. Something that started on Fishman Island, and later on in Dressrosa.

Random characteristics I suggested for the next member:
    • Waiting for Luffy and his crew. The idea spawned from Im watching Luffy’s bounty poster. I imagined the new member at the edge of their island waiting for the Sunny to reach its shores.
    • Completely new. Not a previously introduced character. Example: Boa, Vivi, etc.
    • Connected to the deeper lore of One Piece. Even though there is no issue with late additions from my perspective. The character having said connection to the Void Century makes it easier to settle in the grand scheme of things.
    • Potentially a third eye tribe member, or any of the “extinct” races of One Piece. Again for lore related reasons, Oda then can organically present us with info dumps through this character.
    Current stance: I will talk a bit about the characters most people talk about.

Tama:
    A friend pointed out that Tama has not expressed interest in sailing with Luffy. It is assumed that Luffy will inherit Ace’s promise, others suggest that Luffy will just take her now and fulfill it. Because of how young she is, I had a hard time believing Luffy would accept taking her with them.

Luffy inheriting Ace’s promise to Tama is probably the easiest outcome in terms of what next for her character. Not that staying in Wano will be easy for her. She is still an orphan who barely makes enough money. Unless she gets adopted, she will have a hard time.

Another alternative would be coming as a guest. Back when Shinobu’s power was presented, I mentioned that Tama could be aged with her power. That she could get the idea from Momo asking Shinobu the same thing. With Momo aging, now it is just a matter of time to see what Tama does moving forward.

Some points on aging Tama.
    • I don’t think it is necessary, she has proven to be strong and brave for her age.
    • Aging her anything younger than a granny would be weird.
    • The idea is that Tama’s greed backfires and she would become a guest on the Sunny as they search for Bonney to age her back.
    To summarise: I don’t think Tama will be a new crew member. I think she has a great bond building up with Luffy and the rest of the crew. And I know she survived a beating from Kaido, so what does this 8 year old have to fear? Raizo can provide her with scrolls to transport her companions. I just don’t think Shinobu should succeed twice doing this feat because when the power was introduced they said: “usually Shinobu just rots everything she touches”.

Carrot:

It’s been kinda weird, to be honest had people not posted so much about her, I wouldn’t even consider her at all. However, I did try to see what else could there be for Carrot. And I see pieces where she can take on Pedro's will through the Nox pirates, and become a captain herself. I was especially thinking that because I kept reading: “can’t you see what’s going on? The pieces have been set, they will be developed in Wano.”[/hide][hide]

And...Wano came, and those pieces were barely focused on. As I had guessed, at one point the entire Mink army was down while Carrot was up, maybe her interest in the dawn could make her take more of a leadership position. That did not happen. I had been expecting her to mature more.

So currently, at best, I think Carrot may become an explorer, so she can grow and further mature for the upcoming final war. Otherwise, they can also replace Pedro by Cat’s side. I do think because she has bonded further with the crew than other minks there is a high chance she gets Luffy’s vivre card.

Yamato:
    With the focus the character currently has, it is obvious the character is set to be an important one moving forward. Yamato themselves tick many of the random checkboxes I had before entering Wano. New/out of the blue, from an ancient race, even waiting for Luffy and to top it off, knowing Luffy’s secret dream. I feel, I should jump on the train. But for the sake of argument what other options does Yamato have?

Under the premise of: I will sail with Luffy. At the very minimum, Yamato is getting a piece of Luffy’s vivre card and potentially be one of the “heads” of the Straw Hat fleet.

Added onto that, Yamato may even share a sake cup the same way Luffy, Ace and Sabo did. They would become siblings! After Wano, Luffy and Yamato may even visit Ace’s grave and drink sake in front, adding a 4th cup to the three already there. If you think of Yamato as becoming a new sibling for Luffy, then a lot of the chapters used to argue for joining can be seen in another light. “The sake cup I waited…”
    Last edited by K. Kira XXIII; October 12th, 2021 at 09:18 PM.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

With Bepo, Shachi and Penguin what chapter were they shown to be together with Franky?
    Chapter 1024, when we get the update on the SH's situations, Franky is with Bepo and the others.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    Yamato:
    With the focus the character currently has, it is obvious the character is set to be an important one moving forward. Yamato themselves tick many of the random checkboxes I had before entering Wano. New/out of the blue, from an ancient race, even waiting for Luffy and to top it off, knowing Luffy’s secret dream. I feel, I should jump on the train. But for the sake of argument what other options does Yamato have?

Under the premise of: I will sail with Luffy. At the very minimum, Yamato is getting a piece of Luffy’s vivre card and potentially be one of the “heads” of the Straw Hat fleet.

Added onto that, Yamato may even share a sake cup the same way Luffy, Ace and Sabo did. They would become siblings! After Wano, Luffy and Yamato may even visit Ace’s grave and drink sake in front, adding a 4th cup to the three already there. If you think of Yamato as becoming a new sibling for Luffy, then a lot of the chapters used to argue for joining can be seen in another light. “The sake cup I waited…”
    The biggest thing I feel is missing in regards to Yamato joining is clarification is what and how she would contribute in forwarding towards Luffy's story and the story overall. She hasn't really demonstrated any skills or abilities beyond fighting, and this combined with the idea of soldiers tending to defend something like their country or something they care about in general may fall into that, in addition to her guardian theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    Chapter 1024, when we get the update on the SH's situations, Franky is with Bepo and the others.
    Thank you!

Hah, after reading that chapter again, I remember that dialogue from Bepo!

I have updated my earlier post.

I wonder if Oda is even entertaining the idea of Bepo ever going Sulong. I would like to see a raging Were-Polar Bear unleash. It would also help elevate Law's crew from average to something a bit more spectacular.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Yamato:

The exchanging of sake cups and becoming siblings usually comes after close deep bonds. Ace, Sabo, and Luffy spent a great deal pf their childhood together and ended up saving each other.

As of right now, Yamato and Luffy would have to spend a lot more time together. A character put in the position to possibly be Luffy's sibling when he's already grown up would've at least would've had to be side by side with him like from Saboady to Amazon Lily to Impel Down to Marineford back to Amazon Lily and then back to Saboady after two years.

The role Yamato is in right now really only fits next crewmate, long term ally, or reoccurring ally that shows up later. Becoming a sibling is a bigger deal than crewmate. Luffy doesn't just offer that up.

I will say I too considered something around that area when I saw Yamato opposite Ace on the vol. 100 cover thinking of what it could mean or where that placement might point too but as of now it doesn't make sense given what Oda has done with the character so far to reach that conclusion. Oda's done a lot more early with Yamato that he didn't do with Ace. Technically Ace still didn't really get a deep focus and focused flashback. The Rogue story he was an infant, the Sabo flashback is shared with Luffy, and a lot simply wasn't fleshed out with his issues with Roger nor was there much bonding with his adoptive grandfather. Yamato is being handled differently.

Before the raid started Luffy said they'd do the sake thing and officially welcome Jimbe in a big party celebrating the alliance and raid being successful. Chapters 999 to 1000 laid out that Yamato was waiting for him in the title. Its Yamato talking directly to Luffy. Points to more admiration that's currently one sided that doesn't lean to a potential familial bond forming.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

The guardian deity of Wano works in any way you want. We are repeatedly told that Wano needs their borders open and that this is crucial to Joy Boy's return. Having the guardian deity of that country with the future pirate king works with those objectives.

Having their guardian start protecting someone else can also work to tell the people of Wano: "this person is important, we should support them".

The fact is, without the DF, Yamato has less of a connection to Wano. They wouldn't be able to represent a Wano affiliation connected to Joy Boy's plan and all that jazz.
    One thing that kinda confused me about the Wano guardian deity concept is that almost all prior references to that concept were in the form of the Wisdom King, or a Myōō, which was compared to Luffy (via Hyo thinking that Luffy's 4th gear form looks exactly like a Myōō), and Oden (as seen in the Fire Festival celebrations in ch 993, see the spoilered image).

Spoiler:

So it's very confusing to me that Kaido thinks of the DF that Yamato ate as representative of the Wano guardian deity (and that ppl are basing theories around this idea of his), when we've been shown no such thing. I'm thinking that it's a way for Oda to further showcase how utterly out of touch Kaido is with the people of Wano (which is expected of the head of an occupying force, as opposed to the rightful ruler of Wano), even if he is reasonably familiar with their culture.
    Last edited by Rean; October 13th, 2021 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    I do not agree that the final battle will be against Blackbeard or Akainu. Particularly Blackbeard. At least Akainu is allied with the World Government, the main antagonists of the series.
    Have to agree on this. Blackbeard I feel is more like another contender for the spot of Pirate King but, as far as we know at least, Blackbeard is not actively busy with trying everything in his power to keep the erased history hidden from the world and exactly that plot point is the thing that will come into play once Luffy is the pirate king and learns what he learns about this history on Laugh Tale. It is the WG that is preventing people from finding out the true history and this will be the main reason for the final war.
    Remember, remember, the 5th of November

Closed Thread

Thread Information