View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

189 51.36%
  • Shinobu

1 0.27%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc)

1 0.27%
  • Momo

9 2.45%
  • Tama

9 2.45%
  • Carrot

68 18.48%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 1.90%
  • Caribou

6 1.63%
  • Other

28 7.61%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

50 13.59%
Closed Thread
Page 498 of 506 FirstFirst ... 398 448 488 496 497 498 499 500 ... LastLast
Results 9,941 to 9,960 of 10112

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Wow didn't last anywhere as nearly as long as AGOG. Failed mutineer indeed.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Why was CarrotForNakama banned?
    They made it pretty clear from their very first post and choice of username they were less here to debate, and more here to harass others that had any sort of differing opinion. They were flagged by the staff as a person to watch from the very first post.

They then stated repeatedly and explicitly they were here to bash on Yamato supporters. Not to try and convince anyone of their points about Carrot, ("there's no point in that") but just to insult and degrade others.

This thread gets plenty fired up as is with folks thinking "I don't get what the other side sees in this character", and bad faith arguments, and we've been through literally every single point they brought up dozens of times before, and certainly seen both sides insulting the other more than once out of exasperation. There's absolutely been toxicity on both sides here and there. But this was an explicit self-proclaimed "crusade" to insult and harass with no other aim in mind, an account created JUST for that.

We've had to start taking a similar stance with some of the more adamant Yamato gender crusaders. (Forum policy is that until Oda fully clarifies what the final result of the "I am Oden" thing is, call him whatever you think appropriate, just don't harass others about it. Some folks just can't stick to that.) There's been a few bans on that end as well, both for AND against Yamato's current gender declaration, but they tend to be more in the spoiler threads and less in this one.
    Last edited by Robby; October 11th, 2021 at 09:45 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Discovered Stowaway Dorobō Neko's Avatar

This brings up a good point.

Luffy needs a lookout for warmongers and transphobes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Why was CarrotForNakama banned? I wasn’t really reading all his responses but from what I saw it seemed he genuinely believed his arguments, I didn’t think he was trolling, even if I disagree with his opinion
    Isn’t that obvious? He is the one who continuously brings toxicity into this thread with his extreme “I AM RIGHT, YOU ARE WRONG” mindset.

Thank God he was banned. Now we can discuss peacefully like before.

Ironically, I don’t seem to see any potential candidates for the Straw Hats as of now, besides Yamato of course - -

Despite meeting Luffy only 75 chapters into Wano, it seems that what Yamato has been doing has made up for not appearing earlier, even 120 chapters into the arc.

Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    Despite meeting Luffy only 75 chapters into Wano, it seems that what Yamato has been doing has made up for not appearing earlier, even 120 chapters into the arc.

https://i.ibb.co/R0vcx2M/Screen-Shot...2-25-12-PM.png
    This is the second time you've posted the same thing here and in the Yamato thread; please try to pick where what you have to say is most relevant.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    You know. I hope he is right and Carrot will join that I don't have to read

No M3 anymore. This time for real. Robin, Franky, Jinbe were all a fluke and Oda planned Yamato from the start.

She is ODEN after all. Fuck that she can't read shit
    Never understood what people meant when it's said that the monster trio is in danger of disappearing whenever the thought of a heavy-hitter joining the crew enters, as if Luffy will stop being friends with Zoro and Sanji if it happened. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Syphin View Post
    Nothing has "confirmed" Yamato to be the next Straw Hat Pirate, that is why discussion and presentation of arguments takes place. If confirmation was available, would discussion even be needed? Nothing can be taken with certainty as the readers aren't the ones writing the story. We can deduce what might happen based on elements and Oda's writing style but at best what we are arguing are possibilities.
    "I will go out to sea with Luffy" is literally the closest we can get to a confirmation excluding the actual joining. That's really the only point. If that's not enough for people *shrug* I guess, but that's just delaying the big "told you so" coming in a year to be honest.
    Like I'd be curious what other scenario in story people could come up with that are closer to that line but also aren't flat out joining. Now some people might wanna say Luffy flat out inviting is closer but that's not true given how many people Luffy has invited and didn't join.
    The score for characters trying to join out of their own agency and succeeding *cough* Robin *cough* is much cleaner.Also people that actually somehow believe that Yamato will change his mind and that's their huge character arc like what are they even imagining now for Oda to make it satisfying. Such a 180 turn would demand quite a bit of panel investment. The type of investment Oda hasn't even started to do. Every time people bring up the Momo bonding Yams leaves the Kid to do something else(and that's assuming that the argument was good in the first place). Like from a story telling perspective just following the thread Oda threw in already is a much easier, much more economical follow up. But hey maybe Oda is going to westworld season 2 us.
    -----
    About them getting banned I mean we're at a point in the circle where I think most of us are just going to wait until the raid finishes beyond that I don't feel like there is much to argue with anyone that is reasonable.
    Some people made it clear they've picked a sports team and are also waiting and that's cool. It's a rubber pirate manga. Cheer your team on I guess.
    Clearly if you're not part of that the only thing you have to bring to the table now is arguing around a side character not being as prominent as other characters and diverting from that glaring point.
    -----
    Also as said before this insistence is based on actual info. It's about Oda telling us he wants to be finished soon over and over which leads to Wano seeming like the last place really where someone could join (Vivi being the exception) and the rest of the story would still have barely the time to breath to accommodate for proper chemistry moments for our final crew. Now if Oda says fuck it. We going for another 15 years. Sure we could get the Carrot arc after Wano but for now I won't entertain Oda straight up lying to us in the story and outside.
    Point is I think for anyone reasonable the time we have left with the series is a crucial part in how most of us imagine things will go down the line even beyond anyone joining.

Like clearly most of us I'd assume have given up on there being another more chilled back arc ala skypea and if we're going to Elbaf we're expecting Oda to bundle a BUNCH of huge stuff there.
    Last edited by DarthAsthma; October 12th, 2021 at 12:59 AM.

i think its pretty funny that the mad bunny fella declared how he has been "working on Carrot" for the past four years, when it's Oda who's been working on the furrybait and even he clearly doesn't care anymore.

edit: the post was removed, so just trust me on this.
    Last edited by FatDogForMidTerms; October 12th, 2021 at 01:10 AM.
    LIE
    CHEAT STEAL
    KILL WIN

Quote Originally Posted by FatDogForMidTerms View Post
    i think its pretty funny that the mad bunny fella declared how he has been "working on Carrot" for the past four years, when it's Oda who's been working on the furrybait and even he clearly doesn't care anymore.
    Yep, funny joke they posted so I'd like to them for that, but I suppose I should move on then. Anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Child 78 View Post
    Archaeologist is also considered not an official role in a ship. That’s why Oda makes Robin really special, that she’s the only one of a kind to be presented in the crew; even in the whole One Piece. If someone’s role is considered as a secondary role, at least that someone could compensate with their power. And it also happens vice versa, with the weak trio. Weak trio don’t give too much on the power outputs, but their roles are extremely important inside the crew.

Yeah, archaeologist isn't usually associated with pirates, so one would probably have to think outside of the box a little more. So far, Yamato has only really demonstrated fighting capability, so any role would likely fall into that.

Yamato can be the crew's Guardian Deity

Yeah, archaeologist isn't usually associated with pirates, so one would probably have to think outside of the box a little more. So far, Yamato has only really demonstrated fighting capability, so any role would likely fall into that.

For now, one of the possible roles I can think about for Yamato is as the Explorer. Nobody has seen Yamato’s DF but Kaido (and Momo probably), and with current chapter 1028, it makes it clear that almost no one even knows that Yamato is a DF eater. That also explains why Oda intentionally made her reverted back to human form before Luffy came, made Yamato’s supposedly transformation when she was about to face Sasaki only to be interrupted, then she goes full beast form as Law’s crew commented “what a huge wolf!” without knowing that it is Yamato. Also with the fact that Yamato has been locked up for 20 years, and her that DF is also a wolf which is known with great sense of smelling, makes Explorer is one of the most possible roles for her. Power wise, she can protect herself if she ever encounter any enemy. And in Japanese, Explorer is known as “ 冒険者” (Bōkensha). That’s my suggestion anyway, feel free if anybody has any other idea.
    Last edited by Devil Child 78; October 12th, 2021 at 02:58 AM.

I still really like the role of chronicler for Yamato. It's a bit odd if the last member took that role, but at the same time having someone chronicle their adventure to find One Piece would be very atmospheric. Whatever they find is gonna change the world so it's gonna be important there's a record of what happened. I can totally see Yamato sailing around after their journey and telling the story of the Strawhats and whatever the dawn is to people around the world.

In a way it makes him a pair with Robin; one reads the ancient history while the other records the new history.
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    I still really like the role of chronicler for Yamato. It's a bit odd if the last member took that role, but at the same time having someone chronicle their adventure to find One Piece would be very atmospheric. Whatever they find is gonna change the world so it's gonna be important there's a record of what happened. I can totally see Yamato sailing around after their journey and telling the story of the Strawhats and whatever the dawn is to people around the world.

In a way it makes him a pair with Robin; one reads the ancient history while the other records the new history.
    I just don’t think Yamato has shown enough interest and time taken in actually creating and writing down in log books beyond just reading one by Oden. In addition to Ace seeing Yamato as captain material, Kaidou also did mention her value as a soldier, someone that not only acts on the offensive, but also defensive, such as defending their country, which I’m sure can fall in line with this idea I’ve had for awhile in her taking on a sort of guard/protector sort of role.

Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post

What if the whole One Piece story we're reading has been written/narrated by Yamato as a testament for future generations? *boom, mind blown*

Just kidding, I agree that Yams hasn't really shown to be that much interested into writing at least until now...

I just don’t think Yamato has shown enough interest and time taken in actually creating and writing down in log books beyond just reading one by Oden. In addition to Ace seeing Yamato as captain material, Kaidou also did mention her value as a soldier, someone that not only acts on the offensive, but also defensive, such as defending their country, which I’m sure can fall in line with this idea I’ve had for awhile in her taking on a sort of guard/protector sort of role.
    Quote Originally Posted by omy785 View Post
    What if the whole One Piece story we're reading has been written/narrated by Yamato as a testament for future generations? *boom, mind blown*

Just kidding, I agree that Yams hasn't really shown to be that much interested into writing at least until now...
    I can see it being a profession he starts once he joins. "Alright, I'm at sea! Now what do I do? Well Oden made a journal and it meant so much to me, so I wanna do the same!".
    Then the strawhats look at his book and the writing is terrible.
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

This is for fun purpose only, these are my suggestions of miscellaneous things when Yamato officially joins:

Epithet: Ogre Princess (鬼姫; Onihime)
    Animal resemblance: wolf
    Specific number: 11
    Specific color: Persimmon (柿色)
    Specific smell: smells like wild animal
    Favorite type of island and season: Spring on Autumn Island
    Favorite food: Oden; raw salmon eaten by biting into it
    As a family: aunt (makes Jinbe the uncle, and Franky back to be the father)
    Nationality: Thai
    Inner Brain: Oden, Oden, adventure, passion, fire
    Suited flower: Poppy
    Blood type: F
    Bathing: once every 3 days
    Suited prefecture: Shimane (this is because of Yamato Takeru reference who comes from Shimane)
    Sea of origin: currently unknown
    Least favorite food: Nuts (hard to chew)
    Typical hours of sleep: 10 PM ~ 6 AM (8 hours)
    Suited career: a Shinto priestess
    Cooking specialties: Ramen
    Ice crunching: no
    In a race: 4 (Beast form)
    Fried egg preference: over-easy, steamed, with teriyaki sauce
    Last edited by Devil Child 78; October 12th, 2021 at 06:36 AM.

The guardian deity of Wano works in any way you want. We are repeatedly told that Wano needs their borders open and that this is crucial to Joy Boy's return. Having the guardian deity of that country with the future pirate king works with those objectives.

Having their guardian start protecting someone else can also work to tell the people of Wano: "this person is important, we should support them".

The fact is, without the DF, Yamato has less of a connection to Wano. They wouldn't be able to represent a Wano affiliation connected to Joy Boy's plan and all that jazz.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    The guardian deity of Wano works in any way you want. We are repeatedly told that Wano needs their borders open and that this is crucial to Joy Boy's return. Having the guardian deity of that country with the future pirate king works with those objectives.

Having their guardian start protecting someone else can also work to tell the people of Wano: "this person is important, we should support them".

The fact is, without the DF, Yamato has less of a connection to Wano. They wouldn't be able to represent a Wano affiliation connected to Joy Boy's plan and all that jazz.
    Especially if WG truly wants to take over Wano. Yamato can fulfill the role of Wano’s guardian deity by joining Luffy, and defeat WG to its core so Wano can truly be liberated and open its borders.

Honestly, I'm banking on Yamato joining, but I don't think her fruit is all that synergistic with the crew. It could obviously be an ignorance of the "Big Picture," but it doesn't feel functionally unique like every other fruit and ability on the crew.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Closed Thread

Thread Information