View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

    189 51.36%
  • Shinobu

    1 0.27%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc)

    1 0.27%
  • Momo

    9 2.45%
  • Tama

    9 2.45%
  • Carrot

    68 18.48%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

    7 1.90%
  • Caribou

    6 1.63%
  • Other

    28 7.61%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

    50 13.59%
Closed Thread
Page 496 of 506 FirstFirst ... 396 446 486 494 495 496 497 498 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,920 of 10112

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

  1. #9901

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rean View Post
    Having read your kind post, I think the idea of Yamato helping fulfill Oden's legacy in full (including helping out both of his offspring) would indeed form part of the "personal quest" that every crewmate accomplishes in their signature arc. And yes, I do believe the mystery figure that patched up the scabbards is Hiyori.

    I genuinely have a very hard time not seeing Yamato as part of the SHs post-Wano, mainly because I have never seen a potential crewmate hit all the typical checklist items with such speed.

    IMO, the #1 rule of (counter) trolling is, the more effort involved, the less funny the resulting reaction is.

    I mean it's fun to troll the troll back, but one has to make sure they're not unknowingly giving them what they want, and speaking as a spectator, seeing walls of text flying back and forth isn't a very fun experience. With that said, to each their own lol.
    Yeah, I get the feeling that Yamato will still be keen on bringing the new dawn to the rest of the world in time for Joy Boy's return even after staying true to herself, after telling Momo he's part of that. I also feel that a bodyguard role is more likely than lookout, after it being highlighted how good Yamato is at being a protector and fruit which has a guardian theme to it.

  2. #9902

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Carrot4Nakama isn't a troll, they're just really passionate. It can be annoying, but what they're doing is more like what you see from a young person who is really, really into their hobby. We've seen lots of people like that over the past. I don't see the issue when the thread has been the same circular arguments for over a year.
    Thank you for saying that. It astonishes me how normal it is in APforums to bully and gaslight other people, even coming from mods.
    Last edited by theackwardstation; October 11th, 2021 at 08:35 AM.

  3. #9903

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil Child 78 View Post
    Yamato was about to leave Onigashima with Ace, then Ace was killed because of Akainu and Teach. Yamato surely has the reason to have a grudge on Akainu & Teach.
    Not as much as Jinbe who was personnaly attacked by him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil Child 78 View Post

    More firepower is indeed needed. Are you expecting Straw Hats to fight Akainu / Teach, where both are Logia power users, with once in a month power up plus the fact that she doesn’t have haki? Not to mention that Carrot was clearly exhausted after her power reveal. Straw Hats need a strong capable woman fighter who can be counted on and doesn’t rely on an occasional power up.
    No it's not needed. What they need is just to get stronger, and that what they are doing right now, besides that, we cool. The Strawhats are the ones who managed to take over Enies Lobby, I trust them.

    Carrot has a clear curve of progression ahead of her, and one thing that make her and Yamato so different. Carrot is strong enough, they don't need someone who can clash with a yonko.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil Child 78 View Post

    Carrot is a look-out based 2-3 panels of her using binoculars and you can say that’s a fact? Carrot does it because Robin & Usopp are not there. When they were about to raid Onigashima, Usopp is there and he’s the one who becomes the look-out. If Carrot is a look-out; a mystical one like you said that it’s a fact, why Oda doesn’t show Carrot, the mystical one, does it but Usopp instead? Are you sure you’re reading the right One Piece?
    What is your universe ? it's not 2-3 panels it's 40+ panels. Are you really underestimating Oda that much to think that he would not do that on purpose ?

    Usopp works does not in anyway negates that. Like I said, Usopp is not a look out he just do the work from time to time, like Brook with the helm. When Carrot will be officialized, Usopp won't do the work anymore.



    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post

    I don't think you understood what I just said.

    We're talking about the need of a lookout during a battle. Not just the ship being in danger. We were never talking about that.
    When the ship is in a battle then, nobody needs a cook, noone needs an helmsman, are you saying that in those condition, those post don't need the strawhat attributed to them ?

    I think you you are another universe lol


    Like I said, except a few one like cook or doctor, the post are mostly fully relevant in a very SPECIFIC situation. That's how they work, you can find it "not that cool" that's how Oda made them. The rest of the time, other people can do those jobs. It's therefore irrelevant to point out that Usopp is better at this or that, that's not his post PERIOD.

    And you can tergiverse all you want about it around the subject it won't make your argument right. And yes those are the RIGHT strawhats, those are litterally who Oda took to do the job of the other (Nami for Sanji and Brook for Jinbe) don't tell me you forget that?

    I repeat (for it to be very clear to all): once a crew member get's into his post, it's not about what they can do all the time, it's about what they can do in very SPECIFIC situation.

    Now the question for Oda is "how do I make a look out shine", basically, it's almost impossible if we only talk about the passive part of the job.. But when we talk about the active one, the "sentinell" or like I like to call it, "recon" it's very easy for Oda to put Carrot in the best position, FROM the crownest into a position of power and admiration.

    We are talking about half a chapter of pure magic, NONE of the non strawhat characters have been depicted that way in the story with such a treatment. You can have - of course - display of power, like Yamao, but no character will be on the side saying "wow, she can really do THAT ?" The treatment of Carrot in this chapter is exceptionnal, this is not just a display of power. Again, check it out.



    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post

    That's not how needs work in this context. You're talking about a position as a ship member (lookout). Not a need vital to the story in a specific situation (Robin as a poneglyph translator).
    Wrong. You are suggesting that the need is something vital. It's not always vital, sometimes it's just there. Again look that up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post

    At this point you're not even responding to what I'm talking about [...] This also doesn't address anything I've said.
    Yes it does but at this point, you are sayin no, just to say no, you don't have any strong arguments.





    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post

    You just want to keep using the word undeniable lol.

    Like I said I don't think you know how to properly support this stance.

    I just said some strawhats are always awake at all times. Then you post a link of Oda saying exactly what I said.

    Nothing about that link says anything about needing or wanting a lookout. That's actually a fact and undeniable.

    Oda PROVED to you that all the strawhat were not awake all the time, why are you lying ? If your argument is that there is at least one strawhat awake all the time it's true, but it's also true that this figuration make them LACK of sleep. Those two facts are UNDENIABLE. (all caps)

    Which means that the crew is in dire need for someone with the potential of doing the job, FOR them. That what Rabbit does, even asleep they are AWARE of attackers, and.. I think that Carrot is a rabbit... but I'm not sure. (this is actual sarcasm)


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post

    No. You've shown an inability to show any comprehension of what a look out entails by saying it has to deal with being fast and jumping. Lookouts observe things far away. Even threats. The key thing is that they are far away. Nobody on the crew is slow, so getting to the crow's nest isn't a problem. That Sanji can get there faster than Usopp doesn't mean anything.
    This is just pure toxicity at this point.. so either you are gonna listen to the argument, either I will be starting to ignore what you say. I told you what a look out does, you are just repeating what I'm saying with the words "no, you don't understand".. this is nonsence. Plus I told you that for some, getting to the crown's nest is NOT easy, that's just a fact . Don't try to deniy it or this will be ignored.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post

    Being a lookout is attached to being in the crow's nest of a ship. If it was simply about getting highest as possible then the best lookout would be someone that could fly or had a flying companion like Ann and Balloon.
    Being a good look out is being able to go high and communicate well, that's what carrot does. Only flying is not sufficient. And yes, flying would help.. wait.. Carrot CAN float while being high.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post

    I don't tolerate dumbassness, it'll get you nowhere with me. I'll keep pointing out your dumbassness until you stop being a dumbass.
    Be respectfull kido. That's the first rule of the game. I've not cross the line, neither should you.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post

    If your point is that Usopp is better at sensing and spotting danger then we agree. If its also Carrot is ignorant and that also would wouldn't help if she is suppose to be a lookout, then we agree.
    My point is that Usopp is scared, and ignorance is not a default in carrot's case. It's actually the opposite, don't be dishonest.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post

    This sentence is an indication that you don't.

    I'm not talking about how anything works.

    I'm talking about you not knowing what the word need means or the difference between the words need qnd want.

    You have yet to display you do even when you say otherwise.
    I know full well the difference, I'm just saying that in a Luffy context, there are none. And that's what you don't understand about One Piece.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post

    Your replies prove you are incapable of that /.../ Disagreeing with your interpretation and opinion is not dishonesty /.../ You just don't seem to have a reasonable response to disagreements.


    You can say those thing all you want, it won't make your statements true. Give me actual arguments.




    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post

    Nothing can be more relevant than you trying to pass off your opinion as a fact.

    You're pretending what you're saying is true and when that is pointed out you are calling it undeniable and saying those that disagree with you are wrong or dishonest. [...]

    Just calling it how I see it.

    Then give me actual and fair counter analysis, sayin "nope" is not enough. I have made arguments about:
    - The mugiwara action
    - The way Carrot is constructed to fit her post

    I have yet to hear counter analysis about those argumentation. When I make an analysis I'm not just "making stuff up" this is 20 year of experience of storytelling analysis that comes into play.

    Saying that Carrot's character is milked to fit perfectly the strawhat post is not just my opinion, it's the most PROBABLE analysis about the construction of the character based on narrative DATA like the way Oda is making reference to Alice, or the way Oda make Carrot interact with the strawhats! Denying that is courageous at best, but it won't get you anywere. I'm not just a silly one piece theorist. You should have understood that by now.



    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post

    The thing is what consists of being wrong according to you is anyone that disagrees with you.

    Your first post in this thread was basically what I say is right and if you disagree you are wrong.

    Hard to forget and ignore such high level of dumbassery when you reply to me disagreeing with you.
    There is something that you need clearly to understand. We are not in a fairytail. We are having to opposite argument that can't coexist with each others. So i'm either right, or I'm either wrong. From my point of view, if you make the opposite argument, you ARE wrong.

    The question is: Who is making the more sence, the one who has data about a character fitting a specific post, or the one who try to deny it by ignoring what the author is creating?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post

    This is literally you making up a qualification and requirement for the position of lookout.
    I'm just digging in the design to see what the best look-out should look like. Carrot is just the closest to this definition.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post

    Ignore the story if you want. You've done so several times already.
    lol you keep ignoring the story by ignoring how many time Carrot has been depicted as a look out and how she was depicted to this post.. I'm not the one ignoring the story here.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post

    You've already admitted your bias and can't post without it. Same with your opinion and interpretation. You should pay attention to whats being argued.
    yes I have bias, like you. So.. are we good ? Can we go on ?


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post

    This is someone who believes an analysis cant happen without bias.
    You have a lot to learn about the deliver of information and storytelling in general.


    Quote Originally Posted by Devil Child 78 View Post
    I might as well add that if someone doesn’t agree with him/her, they will immediately call them toxic and don’t understand One Piece, like he/she is the only one who understands One Piece and crack Oda’s secret code.
    No one can do that. That's the power of Oda.

    But I have knowledge that other don't have, yes. I've been experiencing this story for 20 years now and analysing it for 16 ich. I'm proud of what One Piece taught me and I won't make excuses for that or play down my knowledge just because people feel offensed by an argument.

    Yes, I'm REALLY sure of myself.. deal with it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    Did we ever had a pirate crew with someone in the official position as Lookout?
    No yet.


    Quote Originally Posted by Coookie View Post
    If the Wiki is any indication we never had an official lookout mentioned in the story.

    I disagree that the Straw Hats need a dedicated lookout or that Carrot has shown any proficiency beyond what anyone else can do in that role, but what I particularly never understood was the notion that a lookout needs to be able to quickly reach the crow's nest.
    Isn't the point of a lookout to see things preemptively, before there's any urgency in the first place? If there's ever a situation where speed is of essence, I can't imagine it not being reactionary, i.e. something already happened that the lookout should've seen sooner which means they failed their job.

    And then there's also the scene where Usopp climbed the mast and spotted the Onigashima entrance guards faster than Carrot ever even thought of doing her supposed job.
    If One Piece was a simulation of warship, I would agree, but that's not the case. In One Piece and the Sunny, a Lookout is part of the crew and must bond with it. That's why you can see carrot go back and forth during the story. Without that ability to jump high and fast, Carrot would just have hard time going to her post (a little bit like Usopp, like you said, he climbed, that was not an easy task)
    Last edited by CarrotForNakama; October 11th, 2021 at 09:17 AM.

  4. #9904

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Carrot4Nakama isn't a troll, they're just really passionate. It can be annoying, but what they're doing is more like what you see from a young person who is really, really into their hobby. We've seen lots of people like that over the past. I don't see the issue when the thread has been the same circular arguments for over a year.
    There is a thin line between passionate and troll. If he/she came all the way here to post theories about Carrot’s relevance & Carrot’s possibility to become a nakama, that’s totally fine. Everybody does it with each potential nakama. But he/she came here accusing people in this forum as toxic & Carrot haters from we don’t know where did they got that from, that’s a troll. One of the first things they did as they arrive was accusing people as toxic & Carrot haters, especially people on this forum.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrotForNakama View Post
    Not as much as Jinbe who was personnaly attacked by him.
    Are you trying to say that Jinbe held a grudge that Akainu attacked him in a war? That sounds totally off. Yamato had a deep connection with Ace. Knowing the fact that someone, specifically Akainu, killed the only friend Yamato had for years, that’ll leave more impact than just Akainu attacked Jinbe in a war. Akainu was one of Yamato’s source of traumas besides Kaido. Clearly by having Yamato in the crew, the crew will have more emotional fight with Akainu and World Government. Carrot’s source of trauma are Jack and Perospero, and both are already dealt with. Carrot will bring no relevance to the fight with Akainu.


    Quote Originally Posted by CarrotForNakama View Post
    No it's not needed. What they need is just to get stronger, and that what they are doing right now, besides that, we cool. The Strawhats are the ones who managed to take over Enies Lobby, I trust them.

    Carrot has a clear curve of progression ahead of her, and one thing that make her and Yamato so different. Carrot is strong enough, they don't need someone who can clash with a yonko.
    If you said that more power isn’t needed, then what’s the point of getting stronger? They can just do staring contest, no need to be stronger, which means there is also no need to fight because more power isn’t needed. And having Yamato, who is strong enough to stall a Yonko is not needed while Carrot who can’t even beat Perospero in a tag team, in Sulong form, is needed?



    Quote Originally Posted by CarrotForNakama View Post
    What is your universe ? it's not 2-3 panels it's 40+ panels. Are you really underestimating Oda that much to think that he would not do that on purpose ?
    40+ panels of Carrot showing her abilities of being a lookout? Or 40+ panels of Carrot’s appearance? Because clearly what I said is about her ability to be a look-out was shown in 2-3 panels only. If you say that Carrot’s ability as a look-out is 40+ panels, you’re clearly reading Two Piece.

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrotForNakama View Post
    Usopp works does not in anyway negates that. Like I said, Usopp is not a look out he just do the work from time to time, like Brook with the helm. When Carrot will be officialized, Usopp won't do the work anymore.
    And when will Carrot’s role as a look-out is going to be officially confirmed by Oda to be exact? Because as far as I can remember, it’s been 5-6 years since Carrot’s debut and Oda never mentioned anything specific about Carrot being a look-out in any Vivre Card Books that have been released. Carrot’s role as a look-out is the strongest, yet reaching speculation, you’ve ever given.
    Last edited by Devil Child 78; October 11th, 2021 at 09:49 AM.

  5. #9905
    Omne ignotum pro magnifico Zik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrotForNakama View Post
    Oda PROVED to you that all the strawhat were not awake all the time, why are you lying ?
    I never said. So there are no lies made by me.

    Again stop being a dumbass.
    but it's also true that this figuration make them LACK of sleep. Those two facts are UNDENIABLE. (all caps)
    Oda never said any of the strawhats lack sleep. That is an assumption on your part. It is not a fact.

    No matter how much you think it is.




    When the ship is in a battle then, nobody needs a cook, noone needs an helmsman, are you saying that in those condition, those post don't need the strawhat attributed to them ?

    I think you you are another universe lol
    Do you see here how you ask a question and then assume am answer?

    Its like you're talking to yourself. Stop being a dumbass.


    Like I said, except a few one like cook or doctor, the post are mostly fully relevant in a very SPECIFIC situation. That's how they work, you can find it "not that cool" that's how Oda made them.
    You said it was cool. I said it wasn't.

    The rest of the time, other people can do those jobs. It's therefore irrelevant to point out that Usopp is better at this or that, that's not his post PERIOD.
    And yet everyone else is the bert at what they do.

    Doesn't matter how much you want to say it isn't Usopp's post when we both know he's better at it. Can't say that about any other role on the ship.

    [Quote]And you can tergiverse all you want about it around the subject it won't make your argument right. And yes those are the RIGHT strawhats, those are litterally who Oda took to do the job of the other (Nami for Sanji and Brook for Jinbe) don't tell me you forget that?

    I repeat (for it to be very clear to all): once a crew member get's into his post, it's not about what they can do all the time, it's about what they can do in very SPECIFIC situation.
    Thats not the case for the navigator, shipwright, or cook. Oda literally showcased why that is in the story.

    Its strange your trying to equate Usopp being a really good lookout to Brook and Nami doing things they weren't that good at all.



    We are talking about half a chapter of pure magic, NONE of the non strawhat characters have been depicted that way in the story with such a treatment. You can have - of course - display of power, like Yamao, but no character will be on the side saying "wow, she can really do THAT ?" The treatment of Carrot in this chapter is exceptionnal, this is not just a display of power. Again, check it out.
    You seem to.be confused again. That chapter isn't about Carrot being a lookout.





    Wrong. You are suggesting that the need is something vital. It's not always vital, sometimes it's just there. Again look that up.
    I've already separated the needed roles from the desired ones. I am.nkt suggesting. This how it is. All you're saying its just there. That is not a response to me saying something is vital.

    You're the only one that has not demonstrated an understanding of the word need. There's nothing for me to look up until you grasp the meaning of the word.

    Yes it does but at this point, you are sayin no, just to say no, you don't have any strong arguments.










    Which means that the crew is in dire need for someone with the potential of doing the job, FOR them. That what Rabbit does, even asleep they are AWARE of attackers, and.. I think that Carrot is a rabbit... but I'm not sure. (this is actual sarcasm)




    This is just pure toxicity at this point.. so either you are gonna listen to the argument, either I will be starting to ignore what you say. I told you what a look out does, you are just repeating what I'm saying with the words "no, you don't understand".. this is nonsence. Plus I told you that for some, getting to the crown's nest is NOT easy, that's just a fact . Don't try to deniy it or this will be ignored.




    Being a good look out is being able to go high and communicate well, that's what carrot does. Only flying is not sufficient. And yes, flying would help.. wait.. Carrot CAN float while being high.




    Be respectfull kido. That's the first rule of the game. I've not cross the line, neither should you.




    My point is that Usopp is scared, and ignorance is not a default in carrot's case. It's actually the opposite, don't be dishonest.




    I know full well the difference, I'm just saying that in a Luffy context, there are none. And that's what you don't understand about One Piece.






    You can say those thing all you want, it won't make your statements true. Give me actual arguments.







    Then give me actual and fair counter analysis, sayin "nope" is not enough. I have made arguments about:
    - The mugiwara action
    - The way Carrot is constructed to fit her post

    I have yet to hear counter analysis about those argumentation. When I make an analysis I'm not just "making stuff up" this is 20 year of experience of storytelling analysis that comes into play.

    Saying that Carrot's character is milked to fit perfectly the strawhat post is not just my opinion, it's the most PROBABLE analysis about the construction of the character based on narrative DATA like the way Oda is making reference to Alice, or the way Oda make Carrot interact with the strawhats! Denying that is courageous at best, but it won't get you anywere. I'm not just a silly one piece theorist. You should have understood that by now.





    There is something that you need clearly to understand. We are not in a fairytail. We are having to opposite argument that can't coexist with each others. So i'm either right, or I'm either wrong. From my point of view, if you make the opposite argument, you ARE wrong.

    The question is: Who is making the more sence, the one who has data about a character fitting a specific post, or the one who try to deny it by ignoring what the author is creating?



    I'm just digging in the design to see what the best look-out should look like. Carrot is just the closest to this definition.




    lol you keep ignoring the story by ignoring how many time Carrot has been depicted as a look out and how she was depicted to this post.. I'm not the one ignoring the story here.




    yes I have bias, like you. So.. are we good ? Can we go on ?




    You have a lot to learn about the deliver of information and storytelling in general.
    Not a single salient point made. No actual display of comprehension. Mostly reactionary and repetitive. An abundance of lies. Opinions passed off as fact.

    You're rather boring. I don't think another 20 years would change anything given your attitude.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

  6. #9906

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrotForNakama View Post
    No one can do that. That's the power of Oda.

    But I have knowledge that other don't have, yes. I've been experiencing this story for 20 years now and analysing it for 16 ich. I'm proud of what One Piece taught me and I won't make excuses for that or play down my knowledge just because people feel offensed by an argument.

    Yes, I'm REALLY sure of myself.. deal with it.
    It is funny if you think that people here are offended by your argument, while it’s the other way around where clearly one of the things you did when you came to this forum was calling people here toxic and Carrot haters simply because a lot of people disagree about Carrot being a nakama.

  7. #9907
    Partly Sunny Syphin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Conversation is like a dance, you want both sides working together. Only then will the rhythm of its contrast accentuate its appeal. Too much conflict and resistance only serve to throw the balance and enjoyment off. It is okay to argue a point but please acknowledge that when it comes to events yet to be told or roles to be filled or character stories yet to tell or actions to be taken what we are at best arguing are possibilities. The story at this point could very well progress with the crew as it is. Until further context is provided, certainty is but an illusion. Present your case but respect that perspective also plays a part in the interpretation of events that have yet to be closed with a conclusion. One should be careful when telling someone what they should do, it conjures the precursor of vexation. Arguing a point does not mean you should treat the audience as your enemy. We are all fans of this beloved series.

    Anyway the current atmosphere clearly requires a bit of a tangent. Here's some information on the Wano Kuni character statuses as at chapter 1028.

    Status Last Known Location Floor
    Straw Hat Pirates
    Luffy Active Onigashima - roof Rooftop
    Zoro Active Onigashima - outer Outside
    Nami Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Usopp Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Sanji Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Chopper Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Robin Active Onigashima - inner Floor 3
    Franky Active Onigashima - inner Right Brain Tower
    Brook Active Onigashima - inner Floor 3
    Jinbe Active Onigashima - inner Floor 4
    Other
    Yamato Active Onigashima - outer On route to entrance
    Tama Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Speed Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Caribou Active Udon - Tokage Port?
    Heart Pirates
    Law Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Bepo Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor?
    Shachi Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor?
    Penguin Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor?
    Jean Bart Active Onigashima - outer On route to entrance
    Clione Active Onigashima - outer On route to entrance
    Ikkaku Active Onigashima - outer On route to entrance
    Uni Active Onigashima - outer On route to entrance
    Others Active Onigashima - outer On route to entrance
    Kid Pirates
    Kid Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Killer Active Onigashima - inner Floor 3
    Heat Active Onigashima - inner Floor 4
    Wire Active Onigashima - inner Floor 4
    Whitebeard Pirates
    Marco Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Izo Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    SWORD
    X Drake Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor?
    Beast Pirates
    Kaido Active Onigashima - roof Rooftop
    King Active Onigashima - outer Outside
    Queen Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Jack Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 2 - Treasure Repository
    Page One Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Ulti Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Who's Who Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 4
    Black Maria Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 3 - Banquet Hall
    Sasaki Defeated Onigashima - inner Right Brain Tower
    Bao Huang Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Headliners Active Onigashima - inner
    Gifters Active Onigashima - inner
    Pleasures Active Onigashima - inner
    Waiters Active Onigashima - inner
    Numbers
    #1 Active Onigashima Basement?
    #2 Active Onigashima Basement?
    #3 Active Onigashima Basement?
    Jaki Defeated Onigashima - inner Dropped by Hatcha on route to Right Brain Tower
    Goki Defeated Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    #6 Active Onigashima Basement?
    Nangi Defeated Onigashima - inner Rooftop
    Hatcha Defeated Onigashima - inner Right Brain Tower, Center Hallway
    Kunyun Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 3 - Banquet Hall
    Juki Defeated Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Big Mom Pirates
    Linlin Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Perospero Defeated Onigashima - outer Front Entrance
    Cipher Pol Aigis Zero
    Agent #1 Active Onigashima - inner Guest Parlor (Floor 2?)
    Agent #2 Active Onigashima - inner Guest Parlor (Floor 2?)
    Agent #3 Active Onigashima - inner Guest Parlor (Floor 2?)
    Hawkins Pirates
    Hawkins Active Onigashima - inner Floor 3
    On Air Pirates
    Scratchmen Apoo Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor?
    Kozuki Family
    Momonosuke Active Onigashima - outer Under Onigashima
    Hiyori Active Onigashima - inner ??
    Akazaya Samurai
    Kin'emon Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 1 - Crawl Space
    Denjiro Active Onigashima - inner ??
    Kikunojo Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 1 - Crawl Space
    Raizo Active Onigashima - inner Floor 3
    Ashura Doji Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 2 - Treasure Repository
    Kawamatsu Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Shinobu Active Udon - Tokage Port
    Mink
    Inuarashi Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2 - Treasure Repository
    Nekomamushi Active Onigashima - outer Front Entrance
    Wanda Active Onigashima - outer Front Entrance
    Carrot Active Onigashima - outer Front Entrance
    Shishilian Active Onigashima - inner
    Concelot Active Onigashima - inner
    Giovanni Active Onigashima - inner
    Roddy Active Onigashima - inner
    Blackback Active Onigashima - inner
    Tristan Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Miyagi Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Other Active ??
    Shimotsuki Family
    Toko Active Flower Capital
    Onimaru Active ??
    Yakuza
    Hyogoro Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Omasa Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Tsunagoro Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Cho Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Yatappe Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Kyoshiro Family Active Onigashima - inner
    Kurozumi Family
    Orochi Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2 - Treasure Repository
    Kanjuro Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 1 - Crawl Space
    Orochi Oniwabanshu
    Fukurokuju Active Onigashima - inner Floor 3
    Daikoku Defeated Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Kazekage Defeated Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Fujin Defeated Forest outside Flower Capital
    Raijin ?? ??
    Hanzo ?? Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Chome ?? Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Jogoku Benten ?? Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Bishamon ?? Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Yazaemon ?? Onigashima
    Sarutobi ?? Onigashima
    Mimawarigumi Defeated Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Kuri Citizens
    Hitetsu Active Flower Capital
    Tsurujo ?? Okobore Town


    *Feel free to help correct me if I am wrong with any.*

    With some of the Numbers yet to make an appearance, I wonder if they are currently located in the basement levels. Would also be interesting to see if Usopp takes on the task of handling them. CP-0 now being activated also creates a urgency around Robin. But thankfully Brook is acting as her vanguard and Jinbe is currently making his way down to Floor 3 on Brook's earlier request.

  8. #9908

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Carrot4Nakama isn't a troll, they're just really passionate. It can be annoying, but what they're doing is more like what you see from a young person who is really, really into their hobby. We've seen lots of people like that over the past. I don't see the issue when the thread has been the same circular arguments for over a year.
    I would be more willing to give benefit of the doubt if the guy didn't loudly proclaim that he only wants to post here because he finds the posters here offensive. But let's go down that rabbit hole. What makes you sure that the thing that seemingly looks and quacks like a duck isn't a duck? Not snarking here, i'm genuinly curious how you came to feel that way.

  9. #9909

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    I do not agree that the final battle will be against Blackbeard or Akainu. Particularly Blackbeard. At least Akainu is allied with the World Government, the main antagonists of the series.
    We can agree to disagree at this part. Sakazuki and Teach are the exact example of antagonists on both sides: world government and pirates. Or if Straw Hats are not facing them, what suggestion do you have as the final antagonist(s)?

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Syphin View Post
    Conversation is like a dance, you want both sides working together. Only then will the rhythm of its contrast accentuate its appeal. Too much conflict and resistance only serve to throw the balance and enjoyment off. It is okay to argue a point but please acknowledge that when it comes to events yet to be told or roles to be filled or character stories yet to tell or actions to be taken what we are at best arguing are possibilities. The story at this point could very well progress with the crew as it is. Until further context is provided, certainty is but an illusion. Present your case but respect that perspective also plays a part in the interpretation of events that have yet to be closed with a conclusion. One should be careful when telling someone what they should do, it conjures the precursor of vexation. Arguing a point does not mean you should treat the audience as your enemy. We are all fans of this beloved series.

    Anyway the current atmosphere clearly requires a bit of a tangent. Here's some information on the Wano Kuni character statuses as at chapter 1028.

    Status Last Known Location Floor
    Straw Hat Pirates
    Luffy Active Onigashima - roof Rooftop
    Zoro Active Onigashima - outer Outside
    Nami Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Usopp Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Sanji Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Chopper Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Robin Active Onigashima - inner Floor 3
    Franky Active Onigashima - inner Right Brain Tower
    Brook Active Onigashima - inner Floor 3
    Jinbe Active Onigashima - inner Floor 4
    Other
    Yamato Active Onigashima - outer On route to entrance
    Tama Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Speed Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Caribou Active Udon - Tokage Port?
    Heart Pirates
    Law Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Bepo Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor?
    Shachi Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor?
    Penguin Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor?
    Jean Bart Active Onigashima - outer On route to entrance
    Clione Active Onigashima - outer On route to entrance
    Ikkaku Active Onigashima - outer On route to entrance
    Uni Active Onigashima - outer On route to entrance
    Others Active Onigashima - outer On route to entrance
    Kid Pirates
    Kid Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Killer Active Onigashima - inner Floor 3
    Heat Active Onigashima - inner Floor 4
    Wire Active Onigashima - inner Floor 4
    Whitebeard Pirates
    Marco Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Izo Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    SWORD
    X Drake Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor?
    Beast Pirates
    Kaido Active Onigashima - roof Rooftop
    King Active Onigashima - outer Outside
    Queen Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Jack Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 2 - Treasure Repository
    Page One Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Ulti Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Who's Who Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 4
    Black Maria Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 3 - Banquet Hall
    Sasaki Defeated Onigashima - inner Right Brain Tower
    Bao Huang Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Headliners Active Onigashima - inner
    Gifters Active Onigashima - inner
    Pleasures Active Onigashima - inner
    Waiters Active Onigashima - inner
    Numbers
    #1 Active Onigashima Basement?
    #2 Active Onigashima Basement?
    #3 Active Onigashima Basement?
    Jaki Defeated Onigashima - inner Dropped by Hatcha on route to Right Brain Tower
    Goki Defeated Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    #6 Active Onigashima Basement?
    Nangi Defeated Onigashima - inner Rooftop
    Hatcha Defeated Onigashima - inner Right Brain Tower, Center Hallway
    Kunyun Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 3 - Banquet Hall
    Juki Defeated Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Big Mom Pirates
    Linlin Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2
    Perospero Defeated Onigashima - outer Front Entrance
    Cipher Pol Aigis Zero
    Agent #1 Active Onigashima - inner Guest Parlor (Floor 2?)
    Agent #2 Active Onigashima - inner Guest Parlor (Floor 2?)
    Agent #3 Active Onigashima - inner Guest Parlor (Floor 2?)
    Hawkins Pirates
    Hawkins Active Onigashima - inner Floor 3
    On Air Pirates
    Scratchmen Apoo Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor?
    Kozuki Family
    Momonosuke Active Onigashima - outer Under Onigashima
    Hiyori Active Onigashima - inner ??
    Akazaya Samurai
    Kin'emon Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 1 - Crawl Space
    Denjiro Active Onigashima - inner ??
    Kikunojo Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 1 - Crawl Space
    Raizo Active Onigashima - inner Floor 3
    Ashura Doji Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 2 - Treasure Repository
    Kawamatsu Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Shinobu Active Udon - Tokage Port
    Mink
    Inuarashi Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2 - Treasure Repository
    Nekomamushi Active Onigashima - outer Front Entrance
    Wanda Active Onigashima - outer Front Entrance
    Carrot Active Onigashima - outer Front Entrance
    Shishilian Active Onigashima - inner
    Concelot Active Onigashima - inner
    Giovanni Active Onigashima - inner
    Roddy Active Onigashima - inner
    Blackback Active Onigashima - inner
    Tristan Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Miyagi Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Other Active ??
    Shimotsuki Family
    Toko Active Flower Capital
    Onimaru Active ??
    Yakuza
    Hyogoro Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Omasa Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Tsunagoro Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Cho Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Yatappe Active Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Kyoshiro Family Active Onigashima - inner
    Kurozumi Family
    Orochi Active Onigashima - inner Floor 2 - Treasure Repository
    Kanjuro Defeated Onigashima - inner Floor 1 - Crawl Space
    Orochi Oniwabanshu
    Fukurokuju Active Onigashima - inner Floor 3
    Daikoku Defeated Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Kazekage Defeated Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Fujin Defeated Forest outside Flower Capital
    Raijin ?? ??
    Hanzo ?? Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Chome ?? Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Jogoku Benten ?? Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Bishamon ?? Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Yazaemon ?? Onigashima
    Sarutobi ?? Onigashima
    Mimawarigumi Defeated Onigashima - inner Performance Floor
    Kuri Citizens
    Hitetsu Active Flower Capital
    Tsurujo ?? Okobore Town


    *Feel free to help correct me if I am wrong with any.*

    With some of the Numbers yet to make an appearance, I wonder if they are currently located in the basement levels. Would also be interesting to see if Usopp takes on the task of handling them. CP-0 now being activated also creates a urgency around Robin. But thankfully Brook is acting as her vanguard and Jinbe is currently making his way down to Floor 3 on Brook's earlier request.
    It’s interesting to see Brook & Jinbe fight the CP-0. They’re the only Straw Hats who haven’t met CPs. I’m also hoping that by Yamato entering the Skull Dome and dealing with the explosives, mean that Yamato will finally meet the Straw Hats who have finished their fight.

    Anyway OOT speaking: Monet is one of the best girls. I love her

  10. #9910

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil Child 78 View Post
    There is a thin line between passionate and troll. If he/she came all the way here to post theories about Carrot’s relevance & Carrot’s possibility to become a nakama, that’s totally fine. Everybody does it with each potential nakama. But he/she came here accusing people in this forum as toxic & Carrot haters from we don’t know where did they got that from, that’s a troll. One of the first things they did as they arrive was accusing people as toxic & Carrot haters, especially people on this forum.
    CarrotForNakama joined the forum because he/she heard that AP is a place known for anti-Carrot feelings, but nobody here was accused of being toxic, so nobody should feel offended if the cap doesn't fit. If there is a toxicity is the OP community, that's another discussion which shouldn't offend anyone in particular. Apart from that, what I see is that CarrotForNakama is some sort of self-assured Carrot evangelist, which is the passionate attitude you were talking about, but at least he/she actually argues with arguments (right or wrong). It's somewhat confrontational and smug, but hard to complain because it's definitely in tone with the predominant snarkiness of the forum.

  11. #9911

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    I've been studying this series and Oda for over fifty years now, and I can confidently declare that wolf Yamato will, by total accident, eat Carrot and cough up her bones like in a WW2 era cartoon.

    Please don't fight me on this, it's science. And no, I will not dumb myself down for you lowlives, you peasants.
    LIE
    CHEAT STEAL
    KILL WIN

  12. #9912

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by FatDogForMidTerms View Post
    I've been studying this series and Oda for over fifty years now, and I can confidently declare that wolf Yamato will, by total accident, eat Carrot and cough up her bones like in a WW2 era cartoon.

    Please don't fight me on this, it's science. And no, I will not dumb myself down for you lowlives, you peasants.
    I admire your passion

  13. #9913

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    CarrotForNakama joined the forum because he/she heard that AP is a place known for anti-Carrot feelings, but nobody here was accused of being toxic, so nobody should feel offended if the cap doesn't fit. If there is a toxicity is the OP community, that's another discussion which shouldn't offend anyone in particular. Apart from that, what I see is that CarrotForNakama is some sort of self-assured Carrot evangelist, which is the passionate attitude you were talking about, but at least he/she actually argues with arguments (right or wrong). It's somewhat confrontational and smug, but hard to complain because it's definitely in tone with the predominant snarkiness of the forum.
    Nobody was offended, indeed, but laughing. You could see on page 487 that he/she accused this forum as one of the many reasons of Carrot hate only to say that he/she’s here to end the toxicity. It’s funny if they’re here, they think to end the toxicity (for Carrot specifically) only for themselves to spread toxicity. That’s why I don’t think anyone felt offended but he/herself that he/she accused like that.

  14. #9914
    Hells Memories Kishido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    You know. I hope he is right and Carrot will join that I don't have to read

    No M3 anymore. This time for real. Robin, Franky, Jinbe were all a fluke and Oda planned Yamato from the start.

    She is ODEN after all. Fuck that she can't read shit

  15. #9915

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by FatDogForMidTerms View Post
    I've been studying this series and Oda for over fifty years now, and I can confidently declare that wolf Yamato will, by total accident, eat Carrot and cough up her bones like in a WW2 era cartoon.

    Please don't fight me on this, it's science. And no, I will not dumb myself down for you lowlives, you peasants.
    Amateur. I’ve been studying One Piece for a whole century that I’ve reached about early Two Piece to connect the clues. I’m an analyst, don’t underestimate me.

  16. #9916

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by FatDogForMidTerms View Post
    I've been studying this series and Oda for over fifty years now, and I can confidently declare that wolf Yamato will, by total accident, eat Carrot and cough up her bones like in a WW2 era cartoon.

    Please don't fight me on this, it's science. And no, I will not dumb myself down for you lowlives, you peasants.
    I'm not sure what it is.... but I don't believe you...

    "There will be an answer, let it be."

  17. #9917

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil Child 78 View Post
    Nobody was offended, indeed, but laughing. You could see on page 487 that he/she accused this forum as one of the many reasons of Carrot hate only to say that he/she’s here to end the toxicity. It’s funny if they’re here, they think to end the toxicity (for Carrot specifically) only for themselves to spread toxicity. That’s why I don’t think anyone felt offended but he/herself that he/she accused like that.
    It's definitely funny and immature for oneself to think that he/she will end any toxicity by trying to prove others wrong, lol. That said, there was no offense directed to anyone here and the person is clearly serious and argumentative regardless of truth. That's not a troll. And there's no reason for people to be entitled to say mean stuff to the person.

  18. #9918

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    You reap what you sow is a saying that feels apt.

  19. #9919
    Discovered Stowaway andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Mt. GOATmore

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I would be more willing to give benefit of the doubt if the guy didn't loudly proclaim that he only wants to post here because he finds the posters here offensive. But let's go down that rabbit hole. What makes you sure that the thing that seemingly looks and quacks like a duck isn't a duck? Not snarking here, i'm genuinly curious how you came to feel that way.
    Their angle is clear; they came her specifically to advocate for Carrot as the next crewmate. That's their identity, that's their purpose. I don't think the arguments has been persuasive and I don't think the format of the conversation is really beneficial, but it's clear they're saying the same stuff they were on twitter. To me, that's not trolling. Trolling is provoking people purely for the reaction, not because you actually believe what you're saying. If the guy didn't have years history of twitter posts that look exactly the same, I could understand why you would think he's doing this only to mess with the people in this thread, but I'm pretty convinced they just really like Carrot and have convinced themself that they're joining.

    The big issue is that everything started off toxic and no one (taking part in the conversation) has really been mature enough to reel it in. It ostensibly started in their first post (that said those who thought Yamato was the next crewmate were reaching), but as I pointed out a while ago, that post was a direct response to a post that said the same thing about Carrot made a couple before it. Like the big difference between this poster and others is that Yamato currently has much more evidence in their favor, but both C4N and the others are doing the same thing.

    At the end of the day I can understand if the above behavior is still somewhat ornery enough to call for a temp-ban, but it's nowhere near Agog bad and gives the thread some actual material to work with.

    edit: Also they remind me of the kind of posters we had a shitload around and after Marineford. Some of them are still here, they've just matured. This forum (and most forums) have become a lot older so I think we're just not used to this kind of poster anymore. A real troll would be like the guy who created the nokidsonthecrew (or something like that) profile after some people (including me at that point) were advocating for Tama/Momo as nakama.
    Last edited by andre; October 11th, 2021 at 10:41 AM.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

  20. #9920

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    It's definitely funny and immature for oneself to think that he/she will end any toxicity by trying to prove others wrong, lol. That said, there was no offense directed to anyone here and the person is clearly serious and argumentative regardless of truth. That's not a troll. And there's no reason for people to be entitled to say mean stuff to the person.
    Proving others wrong, giving arguments, countering arguments, those sound pretty normal. But again, itís funny if he/she thinks like he/sheís somehow a savior to end the toxicity especially towards Carrot. Thatís why I donít think anybody felt offended but him/herself that he/she needs to save Carrot lol. Nobody even have any idea who spreads the hate because as far as I know this forum is still considerably normal.

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts