View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

189 51.36%
  • Shinobu

1 0.27%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc)

1 0.27%
  • Momo

9 2.45%
  • Tama

9 2.45%
  • Carrot

68 18.48%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 1.90%
  • Caribou

6 1.63%
  • Other

28 7.61%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

50 13.59%
Closed Thread
Page 495 of 506 FirstFirst ... 395 445 485 493 494 495 496 497 505 ... LastLast
Results 9,881 to 9,900 of 10112

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAsthma View Post
    That's a good point. I was mostly thinking them going to prevent the fires/bombs is going to be a callback to their wolf myth but yeah honestly now that you say that it's such an easy excuse to facilitate them meeting the other strawhats that are currently free and even gathering them to help with the situation.
    If that's the route Oda goes with it there is also the very easy intersection of Yams possibly clashing with CP0 if them meeting Robin/Brook who are closest to the fires iirc, coincides with CP0 making their move on Robin.
    They might see her in passing, and realize she's a good guy going by what she's doing, but it might be too little time for her to talk with them though. Though I suppose by the time Momo or someone else eventually manages to to Onigashima in time, and then be able to talk with each of them afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    They might see her in passing, and realize she's a good guy going by what she's doing, but it might be too little time for her to talk with them though. Though I suppose by the time Momo or someone else eventually manages to to Onigashima in time, and then be able to talk with each of them afterwards.
    Yeah I don't expect talking really. The way I see it, if Oda goes with this it's going to be the easy excuse to give a couple more strawhats the Frankie/Yams moment. Which would amuse me because that one is also such a bad argument that has been lingering for a while about how Yams doesn't have any interactions with most strawhats so far.
    And my stance on that one was always we're still in the midst of the raid where Oda has to push forward a dozen of things, fact is Yams has gotten a ridiculous amount of focus(no honestly I've been somewhat sick of it cause there is def superfluous cameo panels of Yams that could be cut and we wouldn't have lost anything) and a lot of bad concerns people have had are just going to be solved as we progress more through the story.

Like a good example of this are all the people crying about how there isn't much to Yams around the Ace flashback and it's like yeah maybe wait for their personal flashback. And now that we got a part of that there is probably also people not satisfied yet when I'm here kind of expecting another flashback to expand more on Yams(either from Kaido's pov or actually Yams flashback part 2). Like a lot of these argument I'd def feel would be stronger if Yams was a character around for 200+ chapters and non of these things had any progress to them I'd totally would get behind a lot of them. But people were really eager with these doubts like 10-15 chapters after the character first appeared which is like .... yo....

I dunno how other people feel on Kaido currently my sense is powerscalers are probably finally content with how enduring Kaido has been. But for me I think a large part of if Luffy vs Kaido will be emotionally satisfying will depend on going into what makes Kaido tick.
    And on that front I think a lot of that could be tied to Yamato and why Yamato even exists in the first place. Like why does Kaido want Yamato to be the Shogun, why did he take over Wano, there is also the whole "possible" projecting on his preaching about Oni to Yamato a lot of people picked up on recently.
    Last edited by DarthAsthma; October 11th, 2021 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAsthma View Post
    Yeah I don't expect talking really. The way I see it, if Oda goes with this it's going to be the easy excuse to give a couple more strawhats the Frankie/Yams moment. Which would amuse me because that one is also such a bad argument that has been lingering for a while about how Yams doesn't have any interactions with most strawhats so far.
    Reminds me of when Luffy had only like three interactions with Robin from Whiskey Peak to Alabasta before parting ways with Vivi.

Discovered Stowaway astagadragon's Avatar

Oh yeah, I agree with you all that Yams' exposures are kinda annoying at this point, like Oda really wants to hammer something.

Still, the momentum is really with her at this point, even after last month's reveal in the anime. It makes my tinfoil hat tingling you know?
    "The rain has ceased, and we have been graced by another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it." - Elidibus

I'll predict that Yamato, in a wolf form, will accidentally hunt and eat Carrot.
    LIE
    CHEAT STEAL
    KILL WIN

I still don’t understand how some people still think that Carrot is important to the whole One Piece story than Yamato. The final fight is definitely obvious: that Straw Hats will fight Akainu and/or Blackbeard. Both are responsible for the death of Ace, and we all know that Yamato is related to Ace. It’s mind boggling to think that Carrot’s role as a look-out (which in this case, Oda hasn’t made an official statement about Carrot’s role) is more important to One Piece’s whole story, than the final fight against Akainu / Blackbeard.

Even with Yamato joining, 6 out of 11 are capable of using haki; as Usopp can use haki also but he hasn’t developed it yet. That’s half of the crew. As far as weak trio are weak, they compensate with the ability they’re best at. Nami being a very skilled Navigator, Chopper is an awesome doctor, and Usopp is an incredible sniper. Fighting ability wise, Carrot doesn’t give more firepower to the crew; and role wise, she’s not been confirmed if she’s at least one of the best look-outs there is. Even we all don’t know if Carrot is indeed, a look-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Child 78 View Post
    I still don’t understand how some people still think that Carrot is important to the whole One Piece story than Yamato. The final fight is definitely obvious: that Straw Hats will fight Akainu and/or Blackbeard. Both are responsible for the death of Ace, and we all know that Yamato is related to Ace. It’s mind boggling to think that Carrot’s role as a look-out (which in this case, Oda hasn’t made an official statement about Carrot’s role) is more important to One Piece’s whole story, than the final fight against Akainu / Blackbeard.

Even with Yamato joining, 6 out of 11 are capable of using haki; as Usopp can use haki also but he hasn’t developed it yet. That’s half of the crew. As far as weak trio are weak, they compensate with the ability they’re best at. Nami being a very skilled Navigator, Chopper is an awesome doctor, and Usopp is an incredible sniper. Fighting ability wise, Carrot doesn’t give more firepower to the crew; and role wise, she’s not been confirmed if she’s at least one of the best look-outs there is. Even we all don’t know if Carrot is indeed, a look-out.
    You are making an argument about Yamato only because of her connection to ace. Do I have to remind you that the one who has the more to grudge against Akainu and Blackbeard is not Yamato, but Jinbe ?

More firepower is not needed.

Plus this is not about being the best look out, but a mystical one. Chapter 888 will help you understand that. Carrot IS a look-out, this is a fact, not something you can debate on.

My guess as to why Oda has avoided Luffy seeing Yamato's transformation is that Luffy's natural reaction will surely be the starry-eyed excitement, but Oda doesn't want Luffy to get distracted from his single minded push to take down Kaido. Luffy's reacton would be an out of place distraction, so Oda is saving it.

There's also the chance to set up for some gags, like surprising everyone with the transformation once they know him better, or people not realizing the wolf and the person are one in the same (sort of like Onimaru/Gyukimaru).

Quote Originally Posted by CarrotForNakama View Post
    You are making an argument about Yamato only because of her connection to ace. Do I have to remind you that the one who has the more to grudge against Akainu and Blackbeard is not Yamato, but Jinbe ?

More firepower is not needed.

Plus this is not about being the best look out, but a mystical one. Chapter 888 will help you understand that. Carrot IS a look-out, this is a fact, not something you can debate on.
    Yamato was about to leave Onigashima with Ace, then Ace was killed because of Akainu and Teach. Yamato surely has the reason to have a grudge on Akainu & Teach.

More firepower is indeed needed. Are you expecting Straw Hats to fight Akainu / Teach, where both are Logia power users, with once in a month power up plus the fact that she doesn’t have haki? Not to mention that Carrot was clearly exhausted after her power reveal. Straw Hats need a strong capable woman fighter who can be counted on and doesn’t rely on an occasional power up.

Carrot is a look-out based 2-3 panels of her using binoculars and you can say that’s a fact? Carrot does it because Robin & Usopp are not there. When they were about to raid Onigashima, Usopp is there and he’s the one who becomes the look-out. If Carrot is a look-out; a mystical one like you said that it’s a fact, why Oda doesn’t show Carrot, the mystical one, does it but Usopp instead? Are you sure you’re reading the right One Piece?
    Last edited by Devil Child 78; October 11th, 2021 at 03:21 AM.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

he has, chapter 888. The Sunny in position of danger. Go check this chapter out, it's awesome.
    I don't think you understood what I just said.

We're talking about the need of a lookout during a battle. Not just the ship being in danger. We were never talking about that.

You just told me to read the chapter where Carrot goes sulong for the first time lol.

Yes it is. it's how all the post are working. Again, go check them out, they are awesome.
    Yes what is? You're not even responding to what I'm talking about by saying that.

Still useless except for one specific scenario. Not cool at all.

We don't really need a fulltime :
    - Cook (nami can do it)
    This is wrong for obvious reasons.

- Helmsman (Brook can do it)
    Etc ..
    I already said this wasn't a need.

You're not even suggesting the right strawhats to replace each other lol
    The need comes in a specific situation.
    No.

That's not how needs work in this context. You're talking about a position as a ship member (lookout). Not a need vital to the story in a specific situation (Robin as a poneglyph translator).

If you're talking about somebody being a lookout they actually have to do it.

It would have been a game over.
    At this point you're not even responding to what I'm talking about.

Like all the post, wrong argument.
    Again, not even close to addressing what was said.

When Oda talk, it IS undeniable. The lack of sleep of the strawhat because of the need to watch ou for ennemy OR being "look out" IS undeniable.
    This also doesn't address anything I've said.

You just want to keep using the word undeniable lol.

Like I said I don't think you know how to properly support this stance.

I just said some strawhats are always awake at all times. Then you post a link of Oda saying exactly what I said.

Nothing about that link says anything about needing or wanting a lookout. That's actually a fact and undeniable.

Until you start understanding it.
    If you don't know what you're talking about why would you expect me to?

That's dishonest I you know it.
    No. You've shown an inability to show any comprehension of what a look out entails by saying it has to deal with being fast and jumping. Lookouts observe things far away. Even threats. The key thing is that they are far away. Nobody on the crew is slow, so getting to the crow's nest isn't a problem. That Sanji can get there faster than Usopp doesn't mean anything.

Being a good look out means being able to see the best, and the highest possible (you see the higher you go the farthest you can see
    Being a lookout is attached to being in the crow's nest of a ship. If it was simply about getting highest as possible then the best lookout would be someone that could fly or had a flying companion like Ann and Balloon.

It's not solely about that though.

[Quote]Dishonesty will get you nowhere with me, i'll keep repeating the same argument until you stop the bias ones.[quote]
    I don't tolerate dumbassness, it'll get you nowhere with me. I'll keep pointing out your dumbassness until you stop being a dumbass.

And ? My point exactly. lol
    If your point is that Usopp is better at sensing and spotting danger then we agree. If its also Carrot is ignorant and that also would wouldn't help if she is suppose to be a lookout, then we agree.

You can't keep saying that's your point when my point is different from yours.

I think I know full well how it works and you don't understand it.
    This sentence is an indication that you don't.

I'm not talking about how anything works.

I'm talking about you not knowing what the word need means or the difference between the words need qnd want.

You have yet to display you do even when you say otherwise.

You just don't want to be proven wrong that's all ^^
    Your replies prove you are incapable of that.

it was a very subtle need spreaded all around the story, stop being dishonest.
    Disagreeing with your interpretation and opinion is not dishonesty.

You just don't seem to have a reasonable response to disagreements.

That's an irrelevant statement, every statement (aside from Oda's facts) here are opinion based on interpretation. An analysiis is just that. The point here, this present Carrot analysis is much more synchrone with the reality that a potential Analysis on Yamato joining the crew because of the narrative DATA the story gaves to us.
    Nothing can be more relevant than you trying to pass off your opinion as a fact.

You're pretending what you're saying is true and when that is pointed out you are calling it undeniable and saying those that disagree with you are wrong or dishonest.

Just calling it how I see it.

Nop, a little fun fact.
    Bullshit.

i know, nothing will, you will continue to argue your point even if your are wrong, because that's how this forum works
    The thing is what consists of being wrong according to you is anyone that disagrees with you.

Your first post in this thread was basically what I say is right and if you disagree you are wrong.

Hard to forget and ignore such high level of dumbassery when you reply to me disagreeing with you.

Nop. A good look out needs to be able to go to his post in the blink of a eye. Meaning, they have to be able to jump to it, fast.
    This is literally you making up a qualification and requirement for the position of lookout.

It'd be so much easier if you stuck to the actual definition but I get your bias wanting to favor Carrot precludes that.

not really tho
    Ignore the story if you want. You've done so several times already.

I will do what I want in the limits of respectablility.
    Keep making shit up and you'll keep getting that reply.

i'm giving you fact, you are chosing to argue with them.. not my fault
    You've already admitted your bias and can't post without it. Same with your opinion and interpretation. You should pay attention to whats being argued.
    There is no analysis without bias.
    LOL WUT?

This is someone who believes an analysis cant happen without bias.

Yes it is, you are just choosing not to see the importance of this technic. Kind of an irony when this is Oda most powerfull technic.
    I'm choosing to recognize the weakness in your argument.

It seems to be a habit of yours when your opinion is countered or disagreed with to then say its undeniable or you're presenting facts when you're not. If not that then you try to say its not you but Oda as it that saves your argument.

Again, There is no analysis without bias.
    You're doing it wrong.

The point of an analysis is to blend the fact to the analysis in question. You should try it's not that hard.
    What is the actual definition of analysis? And where did you learn it?

That's the thing with analysis that does not support our point of you or are too strong.. You make them "unreal".. sadly, this IS real. Milking is a real technic that Oda uses ALL the time. You can argue with that fact, you can't deny it or this would just prove you lack of analysing skills. And you are better than that i'm sure.

Objectivity does not exist when we talk about a story. You should know that.

I think a year from now, we will be close to the end of Wano and therefore, the sneaking of Carrot on the Sunny.
    https://youtu.be/LQCU36pkH7c

Now that's not a good argument for you lol
    Another thing you're terrible at, detecting sarcasm or mayne you don't even know what that is.
    Last edited by Zik; October 11th, 2021 at 03:35 AM.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    I don't think you understood what I just said.

We're talking about the need of a lookout during a battle. Not just the ship being in danger. We were never talking about that.

You just told me to read the chapter where Carrot goes sulong for the first time lol.

Yes what is? You're not even responding to what I'm talking about saying.

Still useless except for one specific scenario. Not cool at all.

This is wrong for obvious reasons.

I already said this wasn't a need.

You're not even suggesting the right strawhats to replace each other lol

No.

That's not how needs work in this context. You're talking about a position as a ship member (lookout). Not a need vital to the story in a specific situation (Robin as a poneglyph translator).

If you're talking about somebody being a lookout they actually have to do it.

At this point you're not even responding to what I'm talking about.

Again, not even close to addressing what was said.

This also doesn't address anything I've said.

You just want to keep using the word undeniable lol.

Like I said I don't think you know how to properly support This stance.

I just said some strawhats are always awake at all times. Then you post a link of Oda saying exactly what I said.

Nothing about that look says anything about needing or wanting a lookout. That's actually a fact and undeniable.

If you don't know what you're talking about why would you expect me to?

No. You've shown an inability to show any comprehension of what a look out entails by saying it has to deal with being fast and jumping. Lookouts observe things far away. Even threats. The key thing is that they are faway. Nobody on the crew is slow, so getting to the crow's nest isn't a problem. That Sanji can get there faster than Usopp doesn't mean anything.

Being a lookout is attached to being in the crow's nest of a ship. If it was simply about getting highest as possible then the best lookout would be someone that could fly or had a flying companion like Ann and Balloon.

It's not solely about that though.

Dishonesty will get you nowhere with me, i'll keep repeating the same argument until you stop the bias ones.
    I don't tolerate dumbassness, it'll get you nowhere with me. I'll keep pointing out your dumbassness until you stop being a dumbass.

If your point is that Usopp is better at sensing and spotting danger then we agree. If its also Carrot is ignorant and that also would wouldn't help if she is suppose to be a lookout, then we agree.

You can't keep saying that's your point when my point is different from yours.

I think I know full well how it works and you don't understand it.
    This sentence is an indication that you don't.

I'm not talking about how anything works.

I'm talking about you not knowing what the word need means or the difference between the words need qnd want.

You have yet to display you do even when you say otherwise.

Your replies prove you are incapable of that.

Disagreeing with your interpretation and opinion is not dishonesty.

You just don't seem to have a reasonable response to disagreements.

Nothing can be more relevant than you trying to pass off your opinion as a fact.

You're pretending what you're saying is true and when that is pointed out you are calling it undeniable and saying those that disagree with you are wrong or dishonest.

Just calling it how I see it.

Bullshit.

The thing is what consists of being wrong according to you is anyone that disagrees with you.

Your first post in this thread was basically what I say is right and if you disagree you are wrong.

Hard to forget and ignore such high level of dumbassery when you reply to me disagreeing with you.

This is literally you making up a qualification and requirement for the position of lookout.

It'd be so much easier if you stuck to the actual definition but I get your bias wanting to favor Carrot precludes that.

Ignore the story if you want. You've done so several times already.

Keep making shit up and you'll keep getting that reply.

You've already admitted your bias and can't post without it. Same with your opinion and interpretation. You should pay attention to whats being argued.

LOL WUT?

This is someone who believes an analysis cant happen without bias.

I'm choosing to recognize the weakness in your argument.

It seems to be a habit of yours when your opinion is countered or disagreed with to then say its undeniable or you're presenting facts when you're not. If not that then you try to say its not you but Oda as it that saves your argument.

You're doing it wrong.

What is the actual definition of analysis? And where did you learn it?

https://youtu.be/LQCU36pkH7c

Another thing you're terrible at, detecting sarcasm or mayne you don't even know what that is.
    I might as well add that if someone doesn’t agree with him/her, they will immediately call them toxic and don’t understand One Piece, like he/she is the only one who understands One Piece and crack Oda’s secret code.

Quote Originally Posted by Rean View Post
    Most people here are very nice, but they clearly never experienced a troll post before.
    Once in a while it’s ok to feed the troll. As long as everyone is on the same page about the troll.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Carrot IS a look-out, this is a fact, not something you can debate on.
    Did we ever had a pirate crew with someone in the official position as Lookout?

"There will be an answer, let it be."

Lookout is an official position. We don't know what the position for most crews are outside of the Straw Hats though (and for the few we have its either been first-mate, doctor or navigator. I don't even think we know the shipwright or musician of any other crew).

Also on the topic of whether or not the crew NEEDS a lookout, I don't think they needed a musician or helmsman either. For the latter, they were getting on just fine with Franky or taking it in turns. So I don't think any argument about whether they need a crew member, for or against, is a very valid one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    Did we ever had a pirate crew with someone in the official position as Lookout?
    If the Wiki is any indication we never had an official lookout mentioned in the story.

I disagree that the Straw Hats need a dedicated lookout or that Carrot has shown any proficiency beyond what anyone else can do in that role, but what I particularly never understood was the notion that a lookout needs to be able to quickly reach the crow's nest.
    Isn't the point of a lookout to see things preemptively, before there's any urgency in the first place? If there's ever a situation where speed is of essence, I can't imagine it not being reactionary, i.e. something already happened that the lookout should've seen sooner which means they failed their job.

And then there's also the scene where Usopp climbed the mast and spotted the Onigashima entrance guards faster than Carrot ever even thought of doing her supposed job.

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    Lookout is an official position. We don't know what the position for most crews are outside of the Straw Hats though (and for the few we have its either been first-mate, doctor or navigator. I don't even think we know the shipwright or musician of any other crew).

Also on the topic of whether or not the crew NEEDS a lookout, I don't think they needed a musician or helmsman either. For the latter, they were getting on just fine with Franky or taking it in turns. So I don't think any argument about whether they need a crew member, for or against, is a very valid one.
    Gonna agree here. Especially since all the critical positions on the ship have already been filled - at least the ones the crew brought up in the story. No matter who joins they're gonna have to go for a less important position, whether it's lookout, apprentice, log keeper, gardener, ambassador, etc.

Hell, maybe the next person is a janitor.
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    I don't think they needed a musician or helmsman either. For the latter, they were getting on just fine with Franky or taking it in turns.
    I‘m sure helmsman will be essential to reaching Lodestar or Laugh Tale. Just as navigator.

There must be a reason why Burgess was introduced as helmsman…

"There will be an answer, let it be."

Archaeologist is also considered not an official role in a ship. That’s why Oda makes Robin really special, that she’s the only one of a kind to be presented in the crew; even in the whole One Piece. If someone’s role is considered as a secondary role, at least that someone could compensate with their power. And it also happens vice versa, with the weak trio. Weak trio don’t give too much on the power outputs, but their roles are extremely important inside the crew.

Quote Originally Posted by goty View Post
    If Hiyori is truly here, then I have a feeling that maybe Yamato will be the one to reunite her and Momonosuke. Remember they didn't meet yet, although he expressed the desire to see her again, so I'm expecting the reunion to happen in an important moment and not as an afterthought after everything is said and done. Maybe knowing Hiyori is there will give Momo the final push he'll need to accomplish his task.
    Having read your kind post, I think the idea of Yamato helping fulfill Oden's legacy in full (including helping out both of his offspring) would indeed form part of the "personal quest" that every crewmate accomplishes in their signature arc. And yes, I do believe the mystery figure that patched up the scabbards is Hiyori.

I genuinely have a very hard time not seeing Yamato as part of the SHs post-Wano, mainly because I have never seen a potential crewmate hit all the typical checklist items with such speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    Once in a while it’s ok to feed the troll. As long as everyone is on the same page about the troll.
    IMO, the #1 rule of (counter) trolling is, the more effort involved, the less funny the resulting reaction is.

I mean it's fun to troll the troll back, but one has to make sure they're not unknowingly giving them what they want, and speaking as a spectator, seeing walls of text flying back and forth isn't a very fun experience. With that said, to each their own lol.

Carrot4Nakama isn't a troll, they're just really passionate. It can be annoying, but what they're doing is more like what you see from a young person who is really, really into their hobby. We've seen lots of people like that over the past. I don't see the issue when the thread has been the same circular arguments for over a year.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Child 78 View Post

I do not agree that the final battle will be against Blackbeard or Akainu. Particularly Blackbeard. At least Akainu is allied with the World Government, the main antagonists of the series.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

Closed Thread

Thread Information