View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

    189 51.36%
  • Shinobu

    1 0.27%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc)

    1 0.27%
  • Momo

    9 2.45%
  • Tama

    9 2.45%
  • Carrot

    68 18.48%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

    7 1.90%
  • Caribou

    6 1.63%
  • Other

    28 7.61%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

    50 13.59%
Closed Thread
Page 494 of 506 FirstFirst ... 394 444 484 492 493 494 495 496 504 ... LastLast
Results 9,861 to 9,880 of 10112

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

  1. #9861

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    I’m surprised nobody has brought up the Marines invading Wano

    Luffy promised they’d have the biggest party ever after they defeat Kaido, so I think something or someone will stop them

  2. #9862

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrotForNakama View Post
    - The look-out position is passive, so stationnary, the Recon position is not. Carrot is both.
    I see you keep repeating "Carrot can jump into the crow's nest like nobody else"(even tho that's debatable with Sanji around), but that's not how it works at all. the Look Out must already be there, not jump whenever he/she feels like, that's like the worst Look Out ever.

    - Carrot sleep but seems to not have sleeping problem (Kingsbird position)
    Nobody in the crew has them either. they just have squedchules, and like every normal person, they can stay awake all night long.

    - Carrot's treatment in Wano is irrelevant. The importance of a character is not defined necessaraly by it's importance in an arc. Yes Carrot was not here in Wano, but she was in whole cake. The yonko Saga is a two arc saga, not one. Keep that in mind.
    Thanks for confirming what I just said.

    - You don't know that and the eyesight of Usopp is irrelevant to the current conversation.
    Thanks for confirming what I just said.


    __________________________________________________ ____________


    Now that chapter's out, yuup, Yamato totally abandoned the one he was supposed to bond with xD.

    lots of bombs in less than 5 minutes, sounds like a huge task to accomplish for just one single person, and the SH's aren't doing like anything too important right now, seems like this is going to be the "push the Torikago" mission this arc, some sweet interactions with the SH's are coming.

    the "integrated" Carrot has never had a conversation with Robin at all, wonder if Yamato would like to talk to her, that would be one hell of an interesting conversation.

  3. #9863

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptayn View Post
    Re: Vivi - sure. I mean, I already consider her a Straw Hat, she's just not sailing with the crew at the moment.

    I have mixed feelings about Yamato. The character just doesn't do anything for me. Maybe that is why I am biased and cannot see her joining the crew.
    Quite literally the ship sailed on Vivi becoming a close fully-fledged member of the crew long ago. I'm sure she'll have more time to shine when she meets back up with Luffy after Wano though, with what's happening with Im and all.

  4. #9864

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    I can't help but think there's a reason Oda hasn't show Yamato's tansformations with Luffy around.

    This focus is completely unreal for a "secondary character".

  5. #9865
    Omne ignotum pro magnifico Zik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrotForNakama View Post




    The rest of the crew are not look out. In a battle they have other things to do.
    In a ship battle, there's no need for a lookout.

    If you expect for the crew to be taking part in a battle and Carrot to just be in the crow's nest still being a lookout that just kinda seems useless. I also don't think Oda would waste time depicting scenarios like that. It still doesn't make the role of a lookout that vital to the crew. Especially when you can substitute any other strawhat to temporarily do the task like Usopp.




    Yes this IS an evidence. And an UNDENIABLE one.
    No its not. Especially when according to the schedule somebody is awake at all times. You should probably better familiarize yourself with the meaning of evidence and undeniable. Putting the words in all caps do not make the statements any less wrong.




    Liike I said, we do not care about Usopp's eyesight, Usopp is not a lookout but a sniper. And no Usopp do just the minimum requiered for the post :
    The minimum is all that's been required in the story.

    - He can't have a complete sleep schedule*
    This sentence does not make sense.
    - He can't jump high and fast on the post, he needs to crawl to it
    So?

    Are you under the assumption that lookouts are suppose to be able to jump high and fast?
    - He is scared most of the time
    Still hasn't stopped him from being on lookout duty in the past. If anything it's because he's scared a lot that Usopp is always on alert and is always looking out for potential danger. He basically has a 6th sense to things he's scared of.


    In the story the need is not always done in an obvious manner like the Musician or the shipwright or the cook, sometimes it's done subtle.
    Musician was never a need. Luffy always wanted a musician to sing songs and during parties. That's why the strawhats have one. No other reason. Before Brook joined the crew managed pretty well during post arc parties.

    Cook and shipwright were needs. Not just cuz Luffy is a glutton but also cuz the entire crew needs to eat and remain healthy. Helps avoid stuff like scurvy.

    Shipwright is just self explanatory. Oda gave the crew a great navigator right away so he spent most of the story showing the need for a shipwright.

    Like for Jinbe with the helm. Luffy did not expresses clearly that he wanted a look-out, but he expressed CLEARLY his NEEDS for the position and that all that matter. And no, the chapter is not a proff that anyone can do it, that's the opposite, you are being dishonnest here.
    Ida never showed that a helmsman was needed. The crew managed the Grandline's unpredictable weather quite well with the likes of Chopper, Sanji, Zoro, Luffy, and Franky all doing the job. What Oda did do was show how useful a skilled helmsman can be during that one time while they escaped whole cake island. It was shown before during Impel Down but it really wasn't focused on a great deal.

    The chapter has Usopp and Robin doing what a lookout does. The dialogue establishes the rest of the crew basically takes turn doing it. That Robin was currently doing it and then got admonished and corrected is proof enough anyone can do it. That's not dishonest, thats just what happened.



    yup I know i'm just going ahead of the argument.. i know this will come up so I debunk it right away.
    Well this is just dumb as fuck.

    Reply to what I actually post. Not what you think someone might say.

    I'll probably just have to ignore you if this is something you prefer to do instead of actually addressing what was said.





    There IS an optimized design for the look-out post:

    - Must be able to go high and fast
    - If can stay in the air, that's a plus
    - Must be really enjoyable about discovery (Luffy)
    This is all made up. Especially the go high and fast. The crow's nest exists specifically for the lookout. They're not required to jump high in order to do the job.

    It's also not an "optimized design".

    What you're talking about are qualifications and requirements.

    For that a rabbit mink amazed by everything is the PITCH PERFECT character for the look out post in term of narration.
    This is a very subjective opinion based on a definition of the role of lookout you made up.

    But If you add to that the fact that the look-out is basically the person who see the world with a wide eye.. you can see how Carrot's characterisation and her non knowledge of the world fits perfectly the role. It's just a matter of narration and milking. Carrot is a look-out in her design, in her character, even in her habbits. She the is perfect look-out for Luffy. And that is undeniable i'm sorry.
    Carrot's ignorance is not a good thing or a bonus to why she would be a good lookout.

    I can also see now you just like using the word undeniable to underline your opinions. Not facts so I see now why you keep using the word incorrectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Is this AGOG?
    If it is she sure picked the wrong horse to back.

    Both are boring
    Half right

    I find Jimbe more boring than any member/potential strawhat and he's already in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoeggr View Post
    I just feel like Carrot has a lot more potential for interesting arcs than Yamato, who feels confined to a certain role and interaction. I agree that both need to be flashed out more, but I have tons of trouble seeing a world where Yamato feels like a natural addition to the crew...
    Thats okay but it kinda seems like the reason you think Carrot has more potential is cuz Oda has done so little with exploring the character, has established her as a very naive and green character.

    Meanwhile, Yamato may have some similarities is experienced enough in hard hopeless situations not to be so gullible.

    As far as the hard time you may have just gonna have to find a way to deal with that.
    Last edited by Zik; October 10th, 2021 at 04:44 PM.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

  6. #9866
    Discovered Stowaway astagadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Somewhere I belong

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    I can totally see Yamato meeting some of the Straw Hats that are running around the place and give them a purpose to defuse the bombs. She met Franky before, so he is a start point. Better than them running around without purpose v3.0 right...

    As for invading Marines, ehh I can see them getting stalled by Big Mom's kids, then they're getting steamrolled by SSG, forcing Mom to save her kids. Or if she doesnt get pwned by Law and Kid already...
    "The rain has ceased, and we have been graced by another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it." - Elidibus

  7. #9867

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    I can't help but think there's a reason Oda hasn't show Yamato's tansformations with Luffy around.

    This focus is completely unreal for a "secondary character".
    I suppose it's once again to keep people guessing. He had Franky reveal his cyborg abilities to Luffy at Water 7, but didn't get amazed since he was too focused on being angry at him for what happened with Usopp for example, even though he had Luffy amazed at every other cyborg enhancement. Having him go "Oh man, you're an interested creature. You gotta join!" would sound too obvious for this. lol

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by astagadragon View Post
    I can totally see Yamato meeting some of the Straw Hats that are running around the place and give them a purpose to defuse the bombs. She met Franky before, so he is a start point. Better than them running around without purpose v3.0 right...

    As for invading Marines, ehh I can see them getting stalled by Big Mom's kids, then they're getting steamrolled by SSG, forcing Mom to save her kids. Or if she doesnt get pwned by Law and Kid already...
    Yep, with Yamato and the Straw Hats running around in the dome, it's probably about time she meets up with the rest of them.

  8. #9868
    Discovered Stowaway astagadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Somewhere I belong

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)


    Just gonna put this here

    Pretty irrelevant character to appears alongside Luffy (again) on official merchandise huh
    "The rain has ceased, and we have been graced by another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it." - Elidibus

  9. #9869

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    I can’t wait to see Luffy’s reaction to Yamato’s hybrid and animal form, there must be a reason Oda has made it so Luffy only appears when he’s in his regular form, there’s a moment being built to there and I can’t wait to see it

  10. #9870

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by astagadragon View Post
    https://i.ibb.co/WKjx3SS/20211011-101429.jpg
    Just gonna put this here

    Pretty irrelevant character to appears alongside Luffy (again) on official merchandise huh
    Hmm



    https://one-piece.com/news/detail/20211011_13161

  11. #9871
    Button Pusher Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by astagadragon View Post
    https://i.ibb.co/WKjx3SS/20211011-101429.jpg
    Just gonna put this here

    Pretty irrelevant character to appears alongside Luffy (again) on official merchandise huh
    And again, being relevant and joining the crew are not the same thing. But I will say, it's a nice bag and a nice feather in Yamato's cap.



    Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

  12. #9872

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    I see you keep repeating "Carrot can jump into the crow's nest like nobody else"(even tho that's debatable with Sanji around), but that's not how it works at all. the Look Out must already be there, not jump whenever he/she feels like, that's like the worst Look Out ever.
    if you keep bringing others strawhats into the discussion when you know full well that it is irrelevant to the discussion, we are gonna have some problem.. Pretty much all the strawhat can do what the other does.. what matter is what each of them can do in a SPECIFIC situation like:

    - A tornado approaching
    - A sudden pinch from all side
    - The need to aim far and fast
    - Cooking for life
    Etc..

    You know full well that a look out (on the Sunny in One Piece) will not be all the time to the post, sometime, they will be shenaniganing with the strawhats, so the argument "they must stay always there" is dishonest. In fact you can see that in the story when Carrot feel the need to look-out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Nobody in the crew has them either. they just have squedchules, and like every normal person, they can stay awake all night long.
    Oda has stated that the strawhats lack sleep because of the post. Therefore being able to stay awake will bring their energy down. I'm not the one saying this, Oda is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Thanks for confirming what I just said.
    I'm not confirming your arguments, i'm debunking them.



    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Its so weird seeing a complete stranger come in here and regurgitate the EXACT same points that have been argued/debunked for years now, as if they're brand new fresh takes that no one has ever thought about before.

    You can literally go back two years in this thread or the previous one and copy paste responses to every single thing being brought up, and no one would notice..
    None of the point against Carrot have been debunked, what is your universe ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    Right, Oda didn't want to waste much time creating and drawing her, so he drew a blond bunny... and named her Carrot... such creativity...

    And then we have Yamato, where he thought about colors and details...
    Details does not make up for a good design.. the is in fact the opposite.. Yamao's design is pretty meh in comparizon to the efficiancy of Carrot's one. Too much detail kills a design. It's cool, but that's just it.


    Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    I can't help but think there's a reason Oda hasn't show Yamato's tansformations with Luffy around.

    This focus is completely unreal for a "secondary character".
    It's because Yamato is an "arc character"..so her focus is the same as someone like Kyros or Rebecca.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    In a ship battle, there's no need for a lookout.
    Wrong, and for you to understand that, you should play some sea of thieve. Having a Lookout at all time during a warship is essential, as the crew needs to know the position of the ennemy at all time.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    If you expect for the crew to be taking part in a battle and Carrot to just be in the crow's nest still being a lookout that just kinda seems useless.
    I don't "expect it, it has already happened. Carrot being at the crows nest was the sole reason the crew made it to Cacao Island. The thing is, from her crow's next and if the Sulong is possible (what I call a specific situation) then she is able to jump from her post directly into the battle. That's what makes her post so cool.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    I also don't think Oda would waste time depicting scenarios like that.
    He already has >> whole cake

    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    It still doesn't make the role of a lookout that vital to the crew.
    It does, without Carrot, the crew would have gone down.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Especially when you can substitute any other strawhat to temporarily do the task like Usopp.
    They have others things to do.




    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    No its not. Especially when according to the schedule somebody is awake at all times. You should probably better familiarize yourself with the meaning of evidence and undeniable. Putting the words in all caps do not make the statements any less wrong.
    Oh yes it is. The comment of Oda on the SBS is exactly that : UNDENIABLE. (in all caps)




    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Are you under the assumption that lookouts are suppose to be able to jump high and fast?
    yes, if you want to be the best look out possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Still hasn't stopped him from being on lookout duty in the past. If anything it's because he's scared a lot that Usopp is always on alert and is always looking out for potential danger. He basically has a 6th sense to things he's scared of.
    Rabbits are by ESSENCE always looking for predator, that's why they have a weird sleeping schedule and that they never sleeps entirerely. Usopp is just scared.




    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Musician was never a need.
    Oh yes it was, for Luffy. he expressed that need multiple time.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Cook and shipwright were needs. Not just cuz Luffy is a glutton but also cuz the entire crew needs to eat and remain healthy. Helps avoid stuff like scurvy.

    Shipwright is just self explanatory. Oda gave the crew a great navigator right away so he spent most of the story showing the need for a shipwright.
    Yup, my point.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Ida never showed that a helmsman was needed.
    Yes, it did but very subtly. You can see that around chapter 826 I think. Brook and Luffy and Nami are ""arguing"" on who should take the helm and the fact that Luffy was doing a poor job at it. This need doesn't need to be obvious, it can be very.. very subtle, but it's always pretty much there. This is one of the pattern for each mugiwara, sometime Oda even take a bit of time to focus on the impossibility of a crewmate to do the job and make another crewmate do it (brook in that example)


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    The crew managed the Grandline's unpredictable weather quite well with the likes of Chopper, Sanji, Zoro, Luffy, and Franky all doing the job. What Oda did do was show how useful a skilled helmsman can be during that one time while they escaped whole cake island. It was shown before during Impel Down but it really wasn't focused on a great deal.
    Until a very SPECIFIC situation where no one was able to make a move to the helm. That's where Oda choosed to make Jinbe take responsibilities by entering the green Room. And that's my point, each job can be fullfill by another UNTIL a very specific situation where the role must go to the one crewmate who has capacity to act with the most efficiancy. That's when Oda made Jinbe's shine and this is also when he choosed to make Carrot shine.

    Observe that those "mugiwara shining action" are depicted in the SAME Volume. You can even check the side of the volume, it's Jinbe and Carrot. That's because those two protagonist are two side of the same coin. They are complementary, like the Sun and the moon.



    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    The chapter has Usopp and Robin doing what a lookout does. The dialogue establishes the rest of the crew basically takes turn doing it. That Robin was currently doing it and then got admonished and corrected is proof enough anyone can do it. That's not dishonest, thats just what happened.
    Poorly, Usopp has to crawl to the nest, and Robin is doing a poor job.



    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Well this is just dumb as fuck.

    Reply to what I actually post. Not what you think someone might say.
    No, I do this by experience, to prevent some unecessary replies. I've gone through those argument more time that I can count, I prefer to make them go faster because I know for a fact the argument that will follow. It's not rocket science.




    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    This is all made up. Especially the go high and fast. The crow's nest exists specifically for the lookout. They're not required to jump high in order to do the job.

    See, that the type of reply that people make when I make narrative arguments. They can't understand them .. so "it's all made up"

    The thing is, this is what authors call "milking" this is not "made up" this is an actual storytelling technic. Oda - for example - will push EVERY paramater of a design to fit a position. For example, Franky can be seen as creative and capable at first sight! His post is litterally reflected by his posture, his design, his manner, his color and his story.. That's the power of milking. It enhance the power of a message through narrative and visual clews.


    so..

    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    It's also not an "optimized design".
    .... The optimized design of Carrot is no different ! From her design (a rabbit who can jump fast) to her posture, someone who look at the world like a wonderland, Oda made Carrot as the perfect look out for Luffy, in his words (Oda - on the design of Carrot): "Carrot had to be first jovial"

    Carrot is Alice in wonderland, she the one who discovers, who watchs, who experiences.




    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post


    This is a very subjective opinion based on a definition of the role of lookout you made up.
    This is not a subjective opinion, this is a litteral storytelling analysis, a real one, from the visual to the writings.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Carrot's ignorance is not a good thing or a bonus to why she would be a good lookout.
    Oh yes it is. There is no better look out for Luffy than someone who is excited by each discovery.



    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    I can also see now you just like using the word undeniable to underline your opinions. Not facts so I see now why you keep using the word incorrectly.
    Narration is inevitable, undeniable.. You can argue against it for a while, but it will show you that you are wrong in the long run.. And narration, might it be visual or litteral, is on the side of Carrot, not smoker, not Yamato, not Law... Carrot.

  13. #9873

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Wow, that certainly is a post.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  14. #9874

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Buy popular character merch please. Thanks.

    Last edited by BobLoblaw; October 10th, 2021 at 09:32 PM.

  15. #9875
    Omne ignotum pro magnifico Zik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrotForNakama View Post
    Wrong, and for you to understand that, you should play some sea of thieve. Having a Lookout at all time during a warship is essential, as the crew needs to know the position of the ennemy at all time.
    We're talking about One Piece NOT Sea of Thieves.

    You'd have a point if Oda ever actually showed that scenario or as a need during a battle which he has never done.

    I don't "expect it, it has already happened. Carrot being at the crows nest was the sole reason the crew made it to Cacao Island. The thing is, from her crow's next and if the Sulong is possible (what I call a specific situation) then she is able to jump from her post directly into the battle. That's what makes her post so cool.
    So mostly useless except for a specific special situation. That's not cool.

    He already has >> whole cake
    I mean as an actual need for the crew. Not at any point is the crew like we really need a full time lookout especially after when they escape. Nobody is like good thing Carrot was here as lookout.


    It does, without Carrot, the crew would have gone down.
    False.

    They have others things to do.
    Unless one of them is actually doing that. Its as simple as that.

    Oh yes it is.
    No. I don't think you know how to properly support this stance.
    The comment of Oda on the SBS is exactly that : UNDENIABLE. (in all caps)
    The comment in the sbs has nothing to do with a lookout. Its the schedule of when the members sleep and if you look at it one or several of the crew are awake at all times.

    I don't even think you know what you're calling undeniable at this point. You're just repeating it.

    yes, if you want to be the best look out possible.
    So you don't know what qualifications or requirements or what the job consists of. At least that's clear now.

    Rabbits are by ESSENCE always looking for predator, that's why they have a weird sleeping schedule and that they never sleeps entirerely.
    LOL
    Usopp is just scared.
    Usopp is ALWAYS looking out for danger. It is his very nature. Carrot's just an ignorant rabbit.

    Oh yes it was, for Luffy. he expressed that need multiple time.
    You seem to not know what the word need means or the difference between a need and a want. Luffy wanted a musician. It wasn't a necessity. Just something he really wanted. At no point is it stated in the story as a need. If you think it's a need that's just your very incorrect opinion.
    Yup, my point.
    So you agree the lookout position is not a need and not a want expressed by anyone in the crew.
    Yes, it did but very subtly. You can see that around chapter 826 I think. Brook and Luffy and Nami are ""arguing"" on who should take the helm and the fact that Luffy was doing a poor job at it. This need doesn't need to be obvious, it can be very.. very subtle, but it's always pretty much there. This is one of the pattern for each mugiwara, sometime Oda even take a bit of time to focus on the impossibility of a crewmate to do the job and make another crewmate do it (brook in that example)
    Again this is just your subjective opinion based on your interpretation.

    If you think your interpretation is the only right one that's your problem.

    Until a very SPECIFIC situation where no one was able to make a move to the helm. That's where Oda choosed to make Jinbe take responsibilities by entering the green Room. And that's my point, each job can be fullfill by another UNTIL a very specific situation where the role must go to the one crewmate who has capacity to act with the most efficiancy. That's when Oda made Jinbe's shine and this is also when he choosed to make Carrot shine.
    This doesn't change anything I said about the difference about a need or a want or that Oda created a situation to show Jimbe's skill as a helmsman.

    Observe that those "mugiwara shining action" are depicted in the SAME Volume. You can even check the side of the volume, it's Jinbe and Carrot. That's because those two protagonist are two side of the same coin. They are complementary, like the Sun and the moon.
    What is this, meta clues bullshit?

    This doesn't support your point in my eyes.

    Poorly, Usopp has to crawl to the nest,
    Irrelevant.
    and Robin is doing a poor job.
    Until she began to do a good job in the very same chapter.

    No, I do this by experience, to prevent some unecessary replies. I've gone through those argument more time that I can count, I prefer to make them go faster because I know for a fact the argument that will follow. It's not rocket science.
    I don't give a fuck about any of that.

    Reply to what I post. Not what you think I might post in the future.

    If not you can reply to someone else.

    See, that the type of reply that people make when I make narrative arguments. They can't understand them .. so "it's all made up"
    If you can't support your stance with facts or with what happens in the story to at least point be support for your argument and instead have to make up definitions and make up qualifications for a position that is not a need then I don't see a reason to entertain it.

    I understand that you think you're using the narrative but you should reconsider if its the narrative or how you're choosing to use it with bias.
    The thing is, this is what authors call "milking" this is not "made up" this is an actual storytelling technic. Oda - for example - will push EVERY paramater of a design to fit a position. For example, Franky can be seen as creative and capable at first sight! His post is litterally reflected by his posture, his design, his manner, his color and his story.. That's the power of milking. It enhance the power of a message through narrative and visual clews.
    You can think that if you want to. Its not good support the way you're using it for your stance though.

    so..



    .... The optimized design of Carrot is no different ! From her design (a rabbit who can jump fast) to her posture, someone who look at the world like a wonderland, Oda made Carrot as the perfect look out for Luffy, in his words (Oda - on the design of Carrot): "Carrot had to be first jovial"
    Again, this is nothing but a subjective opinion.

    Carrot is Alice in wonderland, she the one who discovers, who watchs, who experiences.
    You have to be able to know when you're presenting your interpretation and when you're giving an example of something from the story supporting your argument. Right now it doesn't seem like you can tell the difference.

    It just reads like you spout a lot of opinion and things that are your interpretation and then say this is UNDENIABLE and you're wrong if you disagree. If you've already convinced yourself you're right then just wait until the story proves everything you came up with wrong.

    This is not a subjective opinion,
    Its a perfect example of a subjective opinion.
    this is a litteral storytelling analysis, a real one, from the visual to the writings.
    Based off a definition you made up and your interpretation of the visuals.

    Just calling something real doesn't make it "real".


    Oh yes it is. There is no better look out for Luffy than someone who is excited by each discovery.
    Its amazing how little objectivity exists in your posts especially with all these very obvious statements presented as facts when they are not.

    Narration is inevitable, undeniable..
    Not when you confuse your interpretation for narrative.

    You can argue against it for a while, but it will show you that you are wrong in the long run..
    Keep this in mind a year from now
    And narration, might it be visual or litteral, is on the side of Carrot, not smoker, not Yamato, not Law... Carrot.
    LOL

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Buy popular character merch please. Thanks.
    https://i.imgur.com/STLif6l.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/pxmHSHk.jpg
    Now we know who the last 3 strawhats will be, right?
    Last edited by Zik; October 10th, 2021 at 10:06 PM.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

  16. #9876

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    We're talking about One Piece NOT Sea of Thieves.

    You'd have a point if Oda ever actually showed that scenario or as a need during a battle which he has never done.
    he has, chapter 888. The Sunny in position of danger. Go check this chapter out, it's awesome.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    So mostly useless except for a specific special situation. That's not cool.
    Yes it is. it's how all the post are working. Again, go check them out, they are awesome.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    I mean as an actual need for the crew. Not at any point is the crew like we really need a full time lookout especially after when they escape. Nobody is like good thing Carrot was here as lookout.
    We don't really need a fulltime :
    - Cook (nami can do it)
    - Helmsman (Brook can do it)
    Etc ..

    The need comes in a specific situation.

    And yes everyone was "thanks you Carrot for saving us from a dire situation" As I said a look-out in Carrot case is both passive and active.




    "It does, without Carrot, the crew would have gone down."
    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    False.
    Not at all, the ship was surrounded, by stopping for a fight, the entire back fleet would have been on their skin. It would have been a game over.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Unless one of them is actually doing that. Its as simple as that.
    Like all the post, wrong argument.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    No. I don't think you how to properly support thos stance. The comment in the sbs has nothing to do with a lookout. Its the schedule of when the members sleep and if you look at it one or several of the crew are awake at all times.
    When Oda talk, it IS undeniable. The lack of sleep of the strawhat because of the need to watch ou for ennemy OR being "look out" IS undeniable.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    I don't even think you know what you're calling undeniable at this point. You're just repeating it.
    Until you start understanding it.

    "yes, if you want to be the best look out possible. "




    >
    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    So you don't know what qualifications or requirements or what the job consists of. At least that's clear now.
    That's dishonest I you know it. Being a good look out means being able to see the best, and the highest possible (you see the higher you go the farthest you can see

    Dishonesty will get you nowhere with me, i'll keep repeating the same argument until you stop the bias ones.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Usopp is ALWAYS looking out for danger. It is his very nature. Carrot's just an ignorant rabbit.
    And ? My point exactly. lol


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    You seem to not know what the word need means or the difference between a need and a want. Luffy wanted a musician. It wasn't a necessary. Just something he really wanted. At no point is it stated in the story as a need. If you think it's a need that's just your very incorrect opinion.
    I think I know full well how it works and you don't understand it. That's okay, I'm here for that. A need can be expressed as a desire full well. "I want a musician" = I need a musician. In One Piece, that how it works. Luffy's want are is need, that what make him so relatable.

    You just don't want to be proven wrong that's all ^^



    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    So you agree the lookout position is not a need not a want expressed by anyone in the crew.
    it was a very subtle need spreaded all around the story, stop being dishonest.



    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Again this is just your subjective opinion based on your interpretation.

    If you think your interpretation is the only right one that's your problem.
    That's an irrelevant statement, every statement (aside from Oda's facts) here are opinion based on interpretation. An analysiis is just that. The point here, this present Carrot analysis is much more synchrone with the reality that a potential Analysis on Yamato joining the crew because of the narrative DATA the story gaves to us.




    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    What is this, meta clues bullshit?
    Nop, a little fun fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    This doesn't support your point in my eyes.
    i know, nothing will, you will continue to argue your point even if your are wrong, because that's how this forum works


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Irrelevant.
    Nop. A good look out needs to be able to go to his post in the blink of a eye. Meaning, they have to be able to jump to it, fast.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Until she began to do a good job in the very same chapter.
    not really tho


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    I don't give a fuck about any of that.

    Reply to what I post. Not what you think I might post in the future.

    If not you can reply to someone else.
    I will do what I want in the limits of respectablility.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    If you can't support your stance with facts or with what happens in the story to at least point be support for your argument and instead have to make up definitions and make up qualifications for a position that is not a need then I don't see a reason to entertain it.
    i'm giving you fact, you are chosing to argue with them.. not my fault


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    I understand that you think you're using the narrative but you should reconsider if its the narrative or how you're choosing to use it with bias.
    There is no analysis without bias.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    You can think that if you want to. Its not good support the way you're using it for your stance though.
    Yes it is, you are just choosing not to see the importance of this technic. Kind of an irony when this is Oda most powerfull technic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Again, this is nothing but a subjective opinion.
    Again, There is no analysis without bias. A bias doesn't make a analysis wrong by essence.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    It just reads like you spout a lot of opinion and things that are your interpretation and then say this is UNDENIABLE and you're wrong if you disagree. If you've already convinced yourself you're right then just wait until the story proves everything you came up with wrong.
    The point of an analysis is to blend the fact to the analysis in question. You should try it's not that hard.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Its a perfect example of a subkective opinion.
    same old same old.. cf (above)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Based off a definition you made up and your interpretation of the visuals.

    Just calling something real doesn't make it "real".
    That's the thing with analysis that does not support our point of you or are too strong.. You make them "unreal".. sadly, this IS real. Milking is a real technic that Oda uses ALL the time. You can argue with that fact, you can't deny it or this would just prove you lack of analysing skills. And you are better than that i'm sure.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Its amazing how little objectivity exists in your posts especially with all these very obvious statements presented as facts when they are not.
    Objectivity does not exist when we talk about a story. You should know that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Keep this in mind a year from now
    I think a year from now, we will be close to the end of Wano and therefore, the sneaking of Carrot on the Sunny.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Now we know who the last 3 strawhats will be, right?
    Now that's not a good argument for you lol
    Last edited by CarrotForNakama; October 10th, 2021 at 10:57 PM.

  17. #9877

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Most people here are very nice, but they clearly never experienced a troll post before.

    Also I think that Yamato going back into Onigashima might set him up to meet more Strawhats or Hiyori (who has been heavily hinted to be on the island).

  18. #9878

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Buy popular character merch please. Thanks.
    https://i.imgur.com/STLif6l.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/pxmHSHk.jpg
    That's another thing. Law and Kid have repeatedly shown attitudes of wanting to be their own bosses, going onto become frenemy/mutual acquaintances at best after meeting them at Sabaody all those years ago, making them more distinct from Yamato.

  19. #9879

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by astagadragon View Post
    I can totally see Yamato meeting some of the Straw Hats that are running around the place and give them a purpose to defuse the bombs. She met Franky before, so he is a start point. Better than them running around without purpose v3.0 right...

    As for invading Marines, ehh I can see them getting stalled by Big Mom's kids, then they're getting steamrolled by SSG, forcing Mom to save her kids. Or if she doesnt get pwned by Law and Kid already...
    That's a good point. I was mostly thinking them going to prevent the fires/bombs is going to be a callback to their wolf myth but yeah honestly now that you say that it's such an easy excuse to facilitate them meeting the other strawhats that are currently free and even gathering them to help with the situation.
    If that's the route Oda goes with it there is also the very easy intersection of Yams possibly clashing with CP0 if them meeting Robin/Brook who are closest to the fires iirc, coincides with CP0 making their move on Robin.
    ------
    Still maintain all merch and metahint arguments are kind of just grasping and straws for either side and I think they're very poor.
    Also the one argument I really hate the most against Carrot is the power argument which seems very common from what I've seen. It's also just such a poor argument because Oda doesn't write the story around hitting certain milestone fights and characters aren't even limited by the perceived limitations of the frankly dumb and consistently wrong powerscaling fandom. That one really irks me fact is characters strength can vary to large degrees and Oda can always make enemies to suit whatever character needs to fight *cough* Usopp/Perona *cough*. Strength/Character power literally does not matter to the degree the usual argument push it.

    As always I think there is no need to bring all the tangential stuff up when we have the actual narrative itself being quite clear about it and so far all developments relevant to the argument have evolved in an expected fashion.
    Last edited by DarthAsthma; October 11th, 2021 at 12:02 AM.

  20. #9880

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Buy popular character merch please. Thanks.
    https://i.imgur.com/STLif6l.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/pxmHSHk.jpg
    Aww look at all those "next nakama", lol.
    Seriously though, if people are so absolutely sure that Yamato's joining, I don't understand why grasping at things like these, which doesn't mean anything.



    Quote Originally Posted by Rean View Post
    Most people here are very nice, but they clearly never experienced a troll post before.

    Also I think that Yamato going back into Onigashima might set him up to meet more Strawhats or Hiyori (who has been heavily hinted to be on the island).
    If Hiyori is truly here, then I have a feeling that maybe Yamato will be the one to reunite her and Momonosuke. Remember they didn't meet yet, although he expressed the desire to see her again, so I'm expecting the reunion to happen in an important moment and not as an afterthought after everything is said and done. Maybe knowing Hiyori is there will give Momo the final push he'll need to accomplish his task.

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts