View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

    189 51.36%
  • Shinobu

    1 0.27%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc)

    1 0.27%
  • Momo

    9 2.45%
  • Tama

    9 2.45%
  • Carrot

    68 18.48%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

    7 1.90%
  • Caribou

    6 1.63%
  • Other

    28 7.61%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

    50 13.59%
Closed Thread
Page 493 of 506 FirstFirst ... 393 443 483 491 492 493 494 495 503 ... LastLast
Results 9,841 to 9,860 of 10112

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

  1. #9841
    Chocolate or raisins? Coookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    I admire how you peeps don't get tired of addressing the same arguments that are being regurgitated (and refuted) time and time again

  2. #9842

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptayn View Post
    I agree. #JinbeiIsTheLastOne

    @CarrotForNakama, clear something up for me. You argue that Yamato was set up late. Yet you say that Carrot wasn't because... Oda drew rabbits before?
    What are you talking about ? I have never said that. In fact Carrot was never set up in the story. It was an organic introduction discovered at the same time of a new race. This is narratively different than Yamato who was a part of a family we already knew before.

    The rabbits are merely hints, not setups.

  3. #9843

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrotForNakama View Post
    Carrot is far from boring in term of design
    Her regular design is the definition of boring... her Sulong is not. Unfortunately her regular design will have the most screen time...

    "There will be an answer, let it be."

  4. #9844

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    The thing is.. her base form is not boring at all. From a design perspective, it's even very appealing. As I said, you wouldn't have all those fan art if it wasn't the case.

  5. #9845

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Seems like this is one of those guys who thinks;

    •Lookout position is not stationary(xd)
    •Believes the rumor that Carrot sleeps less
    •Will not address Carrot's treatment the last three years at all
    •hints I like are hints, hints I don't like are "bad setup"
    •Subjective opinions are not subjective if you like videogames
    •Usopp has better eyesight, but denial is twice the better

    :/ We were promised new things were to be put in the table..

  6. #9846

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrotForNakama View Post
    The thing is.. her base form is not boring at all. From a design perspective, it's even very appealing.
    This design for a possible Nakama?
    There is nothing unique about her, not one special trait that makes her stand out... not even the fact that she's a rabbit is special, because we had Randolph...


    Quote Originally Posted by CarrotForNakama View Post
    As I said, you wouldn't have all those fan art if it wasn't the case.
    Or the people try to make a better design because it is so boring and easy to make it better...

    People making fan arts is not an indication of how good a design is, not at all....

    "There will be an answer, let it be."

  7. #9847

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Seems like this is one of those guys who thinks;

    •Lookout position is not stationary(xd)
    •Believes the rumor that Carrot sleeps less
    •Will not address Carrot's treatment the last three years at all
    •hints I like are hints, hints I don't like are "bad setup"
    •Subjective opinions are not subjective if you like videogames
    •Usopp has better eyesight, but denial is twice the better

    :/ We were promised new things were to be put in the table..
    Hm.. I sence an attack here.. so..

    - The look-out position is passive, so stationnary, the Recon position is not. Carrot is both.
    - Carrot sleep but seems to not have sleeping problem (Kingsbird position)
    - Carrot's treatment in Wano is irrelevant. The importance of a character is not defined necessaraly by it's importance in an arc. Yes Carrot was not here in Wano, but she was in whole cake. The yonko Saga is a two arc saga, not one. Keep that in mind.
    - Hints are hints. Setup are setups.. If you don't know what they are I can help you
    - This is irrelevant.
    - You don't know that and the eyesight of Usopp is irrelevant to the current conversation.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    This design for a possible Nakama?
    There is nothing unique about her, not one special trait that makes her stand out... not even the fact that she's a rabbit is special, because we had Randolph...

    Yes there is, you just forgot it:

    - Carrot is the only mink who can float in base form.
    - Carrot is the only mink with a cape the opposite to her faction
    - Carrot is one of the two only known mink in the Kingsbird position
    - Carrot seems to be the only mink capable of jumping off building distances.

    I told you, you won't get far with me.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    Or the people try to make a better design because it is so boring and easy to make it better...

    People making fan arts is not an indication of how good a design is, not at all....
    It might be boring for you, it's not for most artist. In fact as an artist I can assure you her design is inspirationnal.

  8. #9848

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrotForNakama View Post
    Yes there is, you just forgot it:

    - Carrot is the only mink who can float in base form.
    - Carrot is the only mink with a cape the opposite to her faction
    - Carrot is one of the two only known mink in the Kingsbird position
    - Carrot seems to be the only mink capable of jumping off building distances.
    And not one of these points has anything to do with her design...


    Quote Originally Posted by CarrotForNakama View Post
    I told you, you won't get far with me.
    Yeah, I can clearly see that, since you're drifting from one topic to another to make any argument just to be right...

    "There will be an answer, let it be."

  9. #9849

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    And not one of these points has anything to do with her design...
    Yes, the cape does but I was not talking only about the design

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    Yeah, I can clearly see that, since you're drifting from one topic to another to make any argument just to be right...
    Yup

  10. #9850

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrotForNakama View Post
    Yes, the cape does but I was not talking only about the design
    Clothes change, not relevant when talking about design... but since you changed the subject...

    I'm disappointed...

    "There will be an answer, let it be."

  11. #9851

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    Clothes change, not relevant when talking about design... but since you changed the subject...

    I'm disappointed...
    No. Clothing ARE part of a design. Even if they are changed later on. And this IS an important part of Carrot's design.

  12. #9852

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrotForNakama View Post
    And this IS an important part of Carrot's design.
    Yeah, because there is not much more....but you take what you can get, no matter how small...

    "There will be an answer, let it be."

  13. #9853
    Hells Memories Kishido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptayn View Post
    I agree. #JinbeiIsTheLastOne

    @CarrotForNakama, clear something up for me. You argue that Yamato was set up late. Yet you say that Carrot wasn't because... Oda drew rabbits before?
    Vivi is the "last one" if Yamato won't join.

    But as I addressed, I would be shocked it Yamato doesn't join

  14. #9854
    Warrior of Science Kaptayn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    France

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Vivi is the "last one" if Yamato won't join.

    But as I addressed, I would be shocked it Yamato doesn't join
    Re: Vivi - sure. I mean, I already consider her a Straw Hat, she's just not sailing with the crew at the moment.

    I have mixed feelings about Yamato. The character just doesn't do anything for me. Maybe that is why I am biased and cannot see her joining the crew.


  15. #9855

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    I'm surprised people are willing to snap at what is pretty obvious (and not subtle-at-all) bait, but hey. It's been pretty boring for some time, might as well sit back and see the agog meltdown again.

  16. #9856

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    Yeah, because there is not much more....but you take what you can get, no matter how small...
    Because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there. The beauty of Carrot's design resides in her efficacity. Color / Attitude / Clothing / Form / Lines . Much like Luffy it's all about simplicity and efficiancy.

    And that is only for her base form which is basically a representation of a bright Sunny character

    On the other hand, the design of Yamato - all cool it might look - doesn't ring the same bell, the color are only indicative of Oden, Yamato's hair, figure, attitude and color are not really figurative of anything but the devil fruit Yamato has.

    Oh wait.. yes it is figurative.. of a protective deity lol

  17. #9857

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrotForNakama View Post
    it's all about simplicity and efficiancy.
    Right, Oda didn't want to waste much time creating and drawing her, so he drew a blond bunny... and named her Carrot... such creativity...

    And then we have Yamato, where he thought about colors and details...

    "There will be an answer, let it be."

  18. #9858

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Its so weird seeing a complete stranger come in here and regurgitate the EXACT same points that have been argued/debunked for years now, as if they're brand new fresh takes that no one has ever thought about before.

    You can literally go back two years in this thread or the previous one and copy paste responses to every single thing being brought up, and no one would notice..
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  19. #9859

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    The colorful i'm at war imagery is new tho.

    Never had any soldiers before as far as i can recall.

  20. #9860

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gol D. Silvers View Post
    Fair enough! Though we've had 119 chapters of Wano in total so far, he's appeared in approximately 40% of them, and that figure will continue to increase.

    The story as a whole, since we're in the last handful of years of One Piece and the crew's journey as a whole - yes, he's late to the story/journey.

    Just like how Oden was to Roger's crew. He only joined them I think for the final year.

    I'm not saying it in a disparaging way though - Oda's more than made up for it and I'm excited for him to be officially part of the crew.

    Considering how big the Yonko crews are and even Roger's crew, if Luffy will have less than those totals, he needs to have top-level fighters. Yamato, Jinbe, Sanji, and Zoro all fit the bill.
    Also interesting is that apparently, these are the characters to have the most panels in the Wano arc, including how Yamato has more Wano panels than Law, Raizo, and Denjiro, even though they were introduced before Yamato:

    1. Monkey D. Luffy - 1278
    2. Roronoa Zoro - 723
    3. Kaido - 669
    4. Kin'emon - 603
    5. Sanji - 462
    6. Kozuki Momonosuke - 454
    7. O-Kiku - 451
    8. Kozuki Oden - 450
    9. Nami - 396
    10. Kawamatsu - 377
    11. Charlotte Linlin - 350
    12. O-Tama - 347
    13. Queen - 342
    14. Yamato - 322
    15. Trafalgar D. Water Law - 299
    16. Raizo - 296
    17. Nico Robin - 292
    18. Denjiro - 284
    19. Franky - 282
    20. Tony Tony Chopper - 280

    Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/co...rs_in_wano_as/

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts