View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

189 51.36%
  • Shinobu

1 0.27%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc)

1 0.27%
  • Momo

9 2.45%
  • Tama

9 2.45%
  • Carrot

68 18.48%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 1.90%
  • Caribou

6 1.63%
  • Other

28 7.61%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

50 13.59%
Closed Thread
Page 488 of 506 FirstFirst ... 388 438 478 486 487 488 489 490 498 ... LastLast
Results 9,741 to 9,760 of 10112

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    What stumps me is people being adamant that someone will join based on a "maybe." Like, maybe the character will do this and join, maybe they'll accomplish that, maybe they'll go here, maybe they'll meet this other character and join.

Not that one can't speculate on what maybe might happen in the future, but basing entire conversations based on a maybe more so than relevant logic, and reason, and evidence within the manga, or what's presently going on in the manga in general, just really leads to getting stumped and conversations going nowhere, and I don't think anyone ultimately wants that.
    It's a fascinating thing though, what may appear to be logical to one person could be very illogical to the other. It's an interesting insight in how we all perceive One Piece differently. And to the series credit Oda is the kind of guy who can take a "maybe" and make it true. It's one of the reasons I generally disregard any rules for joining like the presence of tragic flashbacks or a clear stated dream. Those elements certainly strengthen the chances, but as seen with Robin joining they can be bent and Oda can always do something completely new to shake things up. That said I do agree with you, and I think one of the difficulties is when people end up arguing from different standpoints - you can get some really well done arguments but at their core they're arguing very different things. But I don't think that can really be avoided either. Like Shift said, in the end it comes down to respecting each other.
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Mod talk, I gotta make this clear, there isn't going to be a war period. You gotta be civil, or you can't stay.
    You know all too well that I'm not talking only about Arlong park here. Of course their won't be "war"... here
    I trust you to keep things civil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorobō Neko View Post
    I'm sorry but even just this talk of war over waifus is silly and to be frank, very dumb.
    Some of us are long pass the waifu territory. It's more about the story, our relationship to it and how we communicate with eachothers about it.

Well i guess it has been a while since AGOG

We were bound to get another one sooner or later.

I'm in with Yamato joining. With the way Oda wrote Oden's role in Roger's ship, as the last piece to the crew destined for Laugh Tale.

Yamato as the last member is a go. Really excited for the crew interactions ��

HA! Rookie mistake by all the Carrot haters... if you hate her, you have some feelings for her...
    Just treat her the way she is supposed to be treated... not caring for her, and she'll disappear...

"There will be an answer, let it be."

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    HA! Rookie mistake by all the Carrot haters... if you hate her, you have some feelings for her...
    Just treat her the way she is supposed to be treated... not caring for her, and she'll disappear...

I don't want to ignore Yamato, it's a cool character anyway.. She is just irrelevent when we talk about integration to the strawhats, that's all

Quote Originally Posted by CarrotForNakama View Post
    I don't want to ignore Yamato, it's a cool character anyway.. She is just irrelevent when we talk about integration to the strawhats, that's all
    If Yamato is irrelevant... then what is Carrot... is there an increase to irrelevant? Is Carrot the synoym for irrelevant?
    Will this be her epithet? "Carrot the Irrelevant"

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    If Yamato is irrelevant... then what is Carrot... is there an increase to irrelevant? Is Carrot the synoym for irrelevant?
    Will this be her epithet? "Carrot the Irrelevant"
    Don't mix up irrelevancy of a character and irrelevancy of a character for a specific action. I'm not aiming at Yamato's character, nor should you. i'm aiming at her inadequation to the possibility of joining the crew.

For now, this inadequation is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrotForNakama View Post
    Don't mix up irrelevancy of a character and irrelevancy of a character for a specific action. I'm not aiming at Yamato's character, nor should you. i'm aiming at her inadequation to the possibility of joining the crew.

For now, this inadequation is clear.
    Okay, care to explain why Yamato is less adequate/relevant as possible nakama?

I'm working on it as we speak. Wait a bit, I'm famous for being a little bit slow to deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Gol D. Silvers View Post
    I'm in with Yamato joining. With the way Oda wrote Oden's role in Roger's ship, as the last piece to the crew destined for Laugh Tale.

Yamato as the last member is a go. Really excited for the crew interactions ��
    By the time he stated on page he wanted to sail with Luffy the deal was sealed for me. I'm all in on him joining. Hadn't really thought about the parallels to Oden until now, but it's true.

Now that I think about it, if he joins he's gonna be the first member since Chopper who is a rookie to pirate life. That's gonna be a lot of fun to watch, especially since he's such a powerhouse already - just doesn't have the sea legs or experience of the greater world. That was the one part of Oden's flashback I really enjoyed, seeing this monster of a person act like a kid at all the new things, I really hope Yamato will be the same way. Might bring back some of that adventure feeling.
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    Now that I think about it, if he joins he's gonna be the first member since Chopper who is a rookie to pirate life. That's gonna be a lot of fun to watch, especially since he's such a powerhouse already - just doesn't have the sea legs or experience of the greater world. That was the one part of Oden's flashback I really enjoyed, seeing this monster of a person act like a kid at all the new things, I really hope Yamato will be the same way. Might bring back some of that adventure feeling.
    This is one of the things I really hope we get to see. For the most part, Luffy is the one pushing the rest of the crew to do crazy stuff, but Yamato has a similarly unfettered desire for adventure, so it could be fun to see them playing off of each other. I also feel like Luffy has been pretty focused on taking down the Yonko for the past several hundred chapters, and he hasn't really been doing things just for the sake of it since Punk Hazard (let's go to Dressrosa to destroy the factory, we have to go to Zou to meet the crew, we have to go save Sanji, we have to beat Kaido). This could be the new norm now that becoming Pirate King is within sight, so Yamato could pick up some of the I-just-want-to-do-fun-stuff slack.

I'm all in on this war, but I'm team Gaimon. It's not too late for him to join the crew, is it?
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Well, Luffy still has to go back to the East Blue as a Pirate King to pay his treasure tab to Makino.
    He can still pick up Gaimon and his new fam on the way to Goa. I'm in, love Gaimon, he has a great story.

Didn't know people could get so riled up over minor characters of the story like Carrot and Yamato. Truly a testament to Oda's talents as a storyteller.

What are you all doing just walking around an active warzone

Take cover before the carrot inquisition shells your position

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    What are you all doing just walking around an active warzone

Take cover before the carrot inquisition shells your position
    There's no point, she will spot you from the Sunny's crow's nest anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    By the time he stated on page he wanted to sail with Luffy the deal was sealed for me. I'm all in on him joining. Hadn't really thought about the parallels to Oden until now, but it's true.

Yeah. I also love the idea that the crew will potentially be leaving Wano with two members. One veteran and one "rookie" haha

To be honest, I had concerns when Yamato went with Momo but that's more of what meaning you attribute to that(subjective); what only matters is Oda's intent and he had Yamato say twice that he wants to sail with Luffy.

Edit:

Has Jimbei's dream ever been explicitly stated? Has he ever said it on-panel or just implied since it was Otohime and Tiger

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

LOL. Definite AGOG vibes.

But I didn't fall for her antics either.

So I'll just laugh when things come to pass.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I'm all in on this war, but I'm team Gaimon. It's not too late for him to join the crew, is it?
    Not too late at all.

During the two year time skip he took his exotic animals, formed his pirate crew and became an infamous late addition to the worst generation.

Oda's just slow playing the reveal.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

I'm kinda curious bout whos spreading this news about the evil rabbit haters.

I never used Reddit, so I'm clear.

@Cockycent what were you doing last night before 9:00 PM?

Closed Thread

Thread Information