View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

189 51.36%
  • Shinobu

1 0.27%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc)

1 0.27%
  • Momo

9 2.45%
  • Tama

9 2.45%
  • Carrot

68 18.48%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 1.90%
  • Caribou

6 1.63%
  • Other

28 7.61%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

50 13.59%
Closed Thread
Page 484 of 506 FirstFirst ... 384 434 474 482 483 484 485 486 494 ... LastLast
Results 9,661 to 9,680 of 10112

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    Someone needs to understand what "At least for now" means.

But anyway, more Momo/Yamao bonding incoming instead.
    Somebody needs to learn when to acknowledge being wrong and stop using nonsense arguments... for his nonsense predictions....
    It's clear as day what you're trying to implicate with your wording. And even repeating what you meant with this post...
    Shifting the focus to Yamato helping Momo, once again... Not acknowledging that she does it on Luffys orders... just to stay by your... ...prediction.

"There will be an answer, let it be."

Yeah, that was kind of the point tho, Hammock evolving into Hancock, Bones evolved into Brook, and is just inevitable for Luffy to call her Yamato eventually

Perhaps its got something to do with what Greg elaborated about the possibility that Yamato is going to concede the title of Oden to Momo when she sees his grown up form now.

So as long as Yamato still has that title, Luffy will continue to refer to Yamato as a male, and that's only going to change until we reach that point where Yamato is only Yamato.

Again, I wouldn't call 977 nothing, but that's just me.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Again, I wouldn't call 977 nothing, but that's just me.
    Would have more impact if she wouldn't jump at anyone she knows and likes...

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    Somebody needs to learn when to acknowledge being wrong and stop using nonsense arguments... for his nonsense predictions....
    It's clear as day what you're trying to implicate with your wording. And even repeating what you meant with this post...
    Shifting the focus to Yamato helping Momo, once again... Not acknowledging that she does it on Luffys orders... just to stay by your... ...prediction.
    Someone is angrey at divergent opinions.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Someone is angrey at divergent opinions.
    No, just the absence of logic...

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    No, just the absence of logic...
    So, the only "logic" is the one that serves you. Right...
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

So, the only "logic" is the one that serves you. Right...
    Oh, dear god...

Nope, I'm not gonna go down that road, I can only lose if I do that. Thank you...

Not only Yamato went with Momo on Luffy's orders, but Momo also only thought of Kinemon and Kiku to help him out, his actual retaineers.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Quote Originally Posted by D.aelthasaar View Post
    Yamato seems sealed as a Crew member although I would have preferred Carrot, as Yamato is too much overpowered, even compared to the monster trio (even if I don't like talking about power creeps)

Next member recruit will be on Elbaf, as it has been too hyped, but won't be a giant

Last member...I still say Smoker
    The strawhats really don't need anymore weaklings on the crew. Especially in the New World.

Yikes @ Smoker joining.
    Aaaaand... Yamato is back to Momo duty. At least for now, so much for bonding with Luffy, who still calls him by nickname.
    Always funny to read the made up qualifications to become a crewmate while the other things are ignored.
    Last edited by Zik; October 3rd, 2021 at 02:58 PM.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Discovered Stowaway astagadragon's Avatar

Lmao, remember when last week we boasted that Yamato will be dueting with Luffy? He immediately sends her down lol. Still, nice motivational speech from Yamato there, from Oden to Oden

Wow, Carrot stops Neko from slaughtering Peros right there, with a huge motivational speech! Would you look at that, she totally redeems her past disappearances!
    "The rain has ceased, and we have been graced by another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it." - Elidibus

I still think we're only getting one more member, but a lot of people seem set on the multiple more crewmembers

Quote Originally Posted by astagadragon View Post
    Lmao, remember when last week we boasted that Yamato will be dueting with Luffy? He immediately sends her down lol. Still, nice motivational speech from Yamato there, from Oden to Oden

And that Luffy's smile, man...
    I mean, they did a team attack and Luffy may be determined to counter agains this one on one reputation. Yamato has also contributed quite a bit already in general.

After Momo's epic saving of the Capitol by preventing Onigashima from crashing i feel like Yamato is just going to say something like Wano doesn't need two Odens just to kill off all this retainer talk.

On top of Momo looking exactly like Oden.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    I still think we're only getting one more member, but a lot of people seem set on the multiple more crewmembers
    Do you mean one more after Jimbe and that's it or one more member after Yamato (or whoever else you think is likely) and then that's it?

I can kinda get it cuz for me it's Yamato and thats it or if there's more it has to be two more not just one after. Totaling 12 ppl to have joined.
    Quote Originally Posted by astagadragon View Post

Wow, Carrot stops Neko from slaughtering Peros right there, with a huge motivational speech! Would you look at that, she totally redeems her past disappearances!
    What's really been forgotten is all the Yamato is too strong talk just for Oda to address that and shut it down in this chapter lol.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    After Momo's epic saving of the Capitol by preventing Onigashima from crashing i feel like Yamato is just going to say something like Wano doesn't need two Odens just to kill off all this retainer talk.

On top of Momo looking exactly like Oden.

Do you mean one more after Jimbe and that's it or one more member after Yamato (or whoever else you think is likely) and then that's it?

I can kinda get it cuz for me it's Yamato and thats it or if there's more it has to be two more not just one after. Totaling 12 ppl to have joined.

What's really been forgotten is all the Yamato is too strong talk just for Oda to address that and shut it down in this chapter lol.
    I think Yamato or whoever joins next is the last member, but a lot of people seem to think we’ll have more members than that

I think we have Luffy and then 10 crew members (11 total if you count Luffy)

But it seems a lot of people think we will get more than that, I disagree

I hope I wrote that in a way that’s easy to understand

People who think Oda is going to write a story where a character is going to give up his dream of exploring the world to be stuck as a retainer working in one building fulfilling bureaucratic responsibilities don't know One Piece. And before people mention Vivi, Vivi got three arcs and a lot of good memories and she wanted to stay behind and protect her people. Yamato has been stuck in Wano for 20 years and wants to pay tribute to his idol by living his life. Momo's job is going to be the responsible shogun, Yamato's role is to inherit Oden's will and legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    I think Yamato or whoever joins next is the last member, but a lot of people seem to think we’ll have more members than that

I think we have Luffy and then 10 crew members (11 total if you count Luffy)

But it seems a lot of people think we will get more than that, I disagree

I hope I wrote that in a way that’s easy to understand
    Yeah, I got it.

And it makes sense and adheres to what Luffy said in chapter 1 if you believe he only meant 10 ppl would be joining for a total of 11.

Some think "about 10" or "10 or more" is closer to the translation and meaning.

Then the whole Strawhat 13 theory is why some think there will be 12 ppl joining not 10. There's the whole pattern of 4 ppl in East Blue, 4 ppl in the Paradise half of the Grandline and an expected 4 ppl to join from the New World.
    Last edited by Zik; October 3rd, 2021 at 07:12 PM.
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Yeah, I got it.

And it makes sense and adheres to what Luffy said in chapter 1 if you believe he only meant 10 ppl would be joining for a total of 11.

Some think "about 10" or "10 or more" is closer to the translation and meaning.

Then the whole Strawhat 13 theory is why some think there will be 12 ppl joining not 10. There's the whole pattern of 4 ppl in East Blue, 4 ppl in the Paradise half of the Grandline and an expected 4 ppl to join from the New World.
    I personally would love more Straw Hats, I love all of them and I love there interactions with each other, Oda has a way of making each Straw Hat special and great, so I would personally welcome more but I think Oda is done with the last one

Luffy said he wanted 10 members and the Black Beard Pirates have 10 Titans so I think 10 members is where he’ll stop

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    People who think Oda is going to write a story where a character is going to give up his dream of exploring the world to be stuck as a retainer working in one building fulfilling bureaucratic responsibilities don't know One Piece. And before people mention Vivi, Vivi got three arcs and a lot of good memories and she wanted to stay behind and protect her people. Yamato has been stuck in Wano for 20 years and wants to pay tribute to his idol by living his life. Momo's job is going to be the responsible shogun, Yamato's role is to inherit Oden's will and legacy.
    Yeah, ppl who go that route really can't rationalize how bad of a take it is when it comes to Oda. They usually come up with something like Oda will find a way for it to seem like the character isn't ditching their dream even though they can't come up with anything good themselves.

Probably would just be easier if they said Yamato would change his mind and leave Wano solo. Not much better of an option but it is better than he'll become a retainer or decide to stay in Wano as their official guardian.
    Last.fm

Even if Yamato doesn’t join he’s definitely going out to sea

Closed Thread

Thread Information