View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

189 51.36%
  • Shinobu

1 0.27%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc)

1 0.27%
  • Momo

9 2.45%
  • Tama

9 2.45%
  • Carrot

68 18.48%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 1.90%
  • Caribou

6 1.63%
  • Other

28 7.61%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

50 13.59%
Closed Thread
Page 481 of 506 FirstFirst ... 381 431 471 479 480 481 482 483 491 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,620 of 10112

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Just to double down about what I've said, before the timeskip, intangible logia were all the rage, they couldn't be touched without buso haki or some sort of natural elemental advantage. Post timeskip it seems "unnatural" almost indestructible bodies, whether by unique bloodline or otherwise is the new thing they've had to watch out for. I feel like Doflamingo and Katakuri kicked this off with their non logia awakened df abilities, Big Mom and Kaido in particular started the whole "thickest skin" portion which is interesting since even Blackbeard has already been hinted to be "different" from everyone else which Oda himself decided to remind us of through Shanks and Buggy dialogue in Oden's flashback.

Now we find out there's a way to use Kings haki to strengthen attack power to another level. It's being treated as common occurrence now, we saw this as far back as Dressrosa with Chinjao.

"The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terror"

When you think about who the Straw Hat Pirates are going to face when the Elbaf, Vegapunk, Laugh Tale, and World Government stories come into focus, it appears obvious why adding a strong character to the Straw Hat Pirates seems justified, appropriate and necessary.

Yamato's addition in this very arc does not throw off the balance of the Straw Hat Pirates military might. It does not make them overpowered or the arc less exciting, rather it allows for tougher opponents to come to the forefront and enhance the thrill of the events. Proceeding arcs will function the same even if someone with Yamato's strength joins the Straw Hat Pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    "Everyone has its turn to shine".
    Her Sulong moment at WCI does that just fine.

Discovered Stowaway astagadragon's Avatar

Shine? I mean, Carrot is literally a background character atm, in an arc with so many named characters that also waiting for their moment to shine...

Gonna be realistic tho, maybe she will be involved in post-arc Minks moment/mass reaction faces, and that will be it.
    "The rain has ceased, and we have been graced by another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it." - Elidibus

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    If that were the case, the connection would be clearer, Pedro’s words wouldn’t keep coming back, and Carrot would have found peace already.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Quote Originally Posted by Coookie View Post
    I just thought it's weird that every other cover story besides Gedatsu's became relevant to the main story at some point or is highly suspected to do so in the future (Enel's), making Gedatsu the clear outlier.
    Besides that I see the usual omnipotent cop-out of "anything is possible if Oda just chooses so"/"who knows what the future holds", so I'm not sure why I even bothered
    I'm guilty of not paying plot related attention to any of the cover stories until some other reader points it out to me and brings up its relevance.

I use to just think some cover stories were Oda's mind going in to overdrive just needing to add or conclude to minor character's stories even when he didn't have to but of course a mind like that would then make those minor events a part of the main story. Some like Enel's of course would be relevant again but Gedatsu. Honestly, he should've just showed up during the time skip and ran in to one of the separated strawhats to tie that loose seemingly meaningless thread off.

That he didn't though, I wouldn't begin to speculate where and when he'd show up again or why. So I get thinking it's a big if and Oda may just be done with him.
    Last edited by Zik; September 29th, 2021 at 08:24 AM.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    If that were the case, the connection would be clearer, Pedro’s words wouldn’t keep coming back, and Carrot would have found peace already.
    Uuh, you're just making unnecessary and ambigious assumptions/speculations, I dont even know since no theory about Carrot is ever clear enough..

She already had a shining moment, that's all we know so far. And it seems to me that you're not appreciating it as much, your original post appeared to imply she's had no shining moment at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    She remembered the words 'keep moving forward' again after fighting Perospero which means they're yet to be fulfilled.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

I love Carrot as a character, she’s fun, cute and is more like the boys than Nami and Robin, but to be honest if we’re gonna have a mink on the crew I actually prefer Catviper, Dogstorm and Pekoms

Feels like you guys are mixing up a lot of stuff.

'keep moving forward' meant that she'd raise interest in the Dawn, now it means she'll have a shining moment..

Make up your minds pls

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Carrot kept sailing with the crew even if she doesn’t join as a tag along, based solely on how insanely popular she is

I think Oda will adjust his plans if a character is popular enough, Law being the best example of this

I also think there will be ample tag alongs in the next arc, more than just Law and Carrot, even as a new Yonko crew I think the scope of what Oda is going for in the next saga will be too big for just the Straw Hats to tackle

Although I’d much rather a few Straw Hat focused arcs, I think Oda is done with those

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Although Id much rather a few Straw Hat focused arcs, I think Oda is done with those
    Yeah, now I'm waiting for the arc with all tag alongs and no Straw Hats. Everyone bar Luffy and Zoro goes for a picnic while every Supernova plus Carrot and Yamato hops onboard the Sunny. Also Tama and Oden GrownMomo. What an arc this will be !

Law is smart to not tell Luffy his name. Dude has a big mouth. Robin makes perfect sense.

I thought Luffy being found by Law's crew would lead to getting more names, but that was a let down.

Law can't join the crew because Bepo is too cool to be a Strawhat. He's Usopp, Nami, and Zoro in 1 character.

Discovered Stowaway The Humanoid Typhoon's Avatar

So, um... is this place the right one to talk about Blackbeard Pirates vs Straw Hat Pirates if we count the possible additions of both Moriah & Yamato? (Possible a way to give a new breath to the thread)

Quote Originally Posted by The Humanoid Typhoon View Post
    So, um... is this place the right one to talk about Blackbeard Pirates vs Straw Hat Pirates if we count the possible additions of both Moriah & Yamato? (Possible a way to give a new breath to the thread)
    Sure it is! Match them up to you heart’s content!
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

You really think Moria is one of the 10 Titanic Captains? If anything she is fighting Devon. ( Wolf vs Fox)

Discovered Stowaway The Humanoid Typhoon's Avatar

No, Moriah was not the 10th Titanic as the invitation was after the Dressrosa and they already had a 10th member so if Moriah accepted the invitation (if not Teach could simply grab the fruit and give it to someone else but I see no point to this scene except to make us aware of it) plus a Moriah vs Brook seems cool thing because of their past and theme they both have.

Yes a Yamato vs Devon is something that I also look forward so that means that there is some unknown member on BBP’s and Straw Hats need one member also (wink wink more speculation on this thread)

What do you think?

The 10th titan isn't Aokiji or Moria.

I am really interested to see who it is... Maybe the Sanji opponent

No, Moriah was not the 10th Titanic as the invitation was after the Dressrosa and they already had a 10th member so if Moriah accepted the invitation (if not Teach could simply grab the fruit and give it to someone else but I see no point to this scene except to make us aware of it) plus a Moriah vs Brook seems cool thing because of their past and theme they both have.

Yes a Yamato vs Devon is something that I also look forward so that means that there is some unknown member on BBP’s and Straw Hats need one member also (wink wink more speculation on this thread)

What do you think?
    The SHs are definetly fighting the TCs. Moria will most likely fight an ally or some third party (marine, cipher pol etc...).

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post

Sanji vs Axe Hand Morgan would be cool, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post

Oh man imagine if it was gin

Closed Thread

Thread Information