View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

189 51.36%
  • Shinobu

1 0.27%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc)

1 0.27%
  • Momo

9 2.45%
  • Tama

9 2.45%
  • Carrot

68 18.48%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 1.90%
  • Caribou

6 1.63%
  • Other

28 7.61%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

50 13.59%
Closed Thread
Page 460 of 506 FirstFirst ... 360 410 450 458 459 460 461 462 470 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,200 of 10112

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Yeah, when Momo turned into an adult it killed his chance of becoming a crew member and all-but confirmed he would be come Shogun, that there won't be a stand-in like Hiyori or Yamato.

Strength won't be a major issue for Yamato, just like it wasn't for Jinbei. He'll be on the upper-end of strength, like Jinbei, but still below the Monster Trio.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    This is an ongoing discussion. Viewpoints change as more information comes and goes. That's the point of coming here weekly, rather than stating something once and then only coming back in the end to see who got what right.
    Weird, I've seen you using the same bases to make your arguments even though the informations for your bases was outdated, and you were ignoring the current developments...
    Or I just imagined it... also a possibility...

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    Plus, just because Yamato got some much-needed depth of emotion here, it doesn't mean his character or his role in the story has changed significantly. He's still mainly a (1) exposition character, and (2) the guy holding Kaido while Luffy is away. He just got a much-needed emotional core and feels more like a character than a plot device now. He's still not a main character in my opinion.
    So, basically ignoring current developments to keep Yamato at your status quo.

"There will be an answer, let it be."

Uh it's kind of gross that this has turned into the Deicide Smearing Thread rather than the next strawhat thread.

I've seen that happening before and it was gross too. Why do people like to bully Deicide so much?

Deicide, did you notice that Hancock is actually posing with the strawhats in the big poster?

Also, one of Yama-o's sketches, the short fat one, looks like one of the samurais in the cave, I think this pretty much confirms she was not planned to be a straw hat at first at least (and wont be one either).

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    Deicide, did you notice that Hancock is actually posing with the strawhats in the big poster?

Also, one of Yama-o's sketches, the short fat one, looks like one of the samurais in the cave, I think this pretty much confirms she was not planned to be a straw hat at first at least (and wont be one either).
    To be fair, Chopper and Franky's sketches also looked very different from their final versions, and Robin was an entirely different character.

Quote Originally Posted by Blowfish View Post
    Monthly reminder that Yamato was introduced in the arc where we learn Kaido was just an Apprentice in Rocks, and the origins of other Pirate Apprentices' were explored in Oden's flashback. Also oddly has a mystical zoan fruit like a young Marco, or how Yamato is a powerhouse despite being a little naive like a young Kaido was sailing under Zebec.

Oda's never recycled crew positions, if Zoro is still fighter, Yamato wont be. Zoro has to proclaim his role as Vice Captain or First mate before Luffy pops the question, or guys I'm almost certain Yamato will be their Pirate Apprentice.

Just consider that strength and experience aren't mutually exclusive. Yamato at the moment is closer to a Samurai like Kinemon and others than a Pirate. This chapter confirms it, she's not fooling around or posing. But what does she know of sailing and adapting to new freakish environments we've come to know? Or braving a Buster call of Elite Marines?

Yes she's strong, but she's inexperienced how it concerns facets of adventuring as a Pirate. Oda logic = Apprentice who is really strong.
    If she really is Oden then you are probably right. He too went around to adventures like an apprentice.

However the point that she doesn't have experience is moot, as Chopper too had none and adapted really quickly.
    "In mad world, only the mad are sane."

I commented on it last week, but I had no time to make an analysis of the second part yet.

Yeah, Hancock's position there with the SHs, shared only with Vivi, Bon Kurei and Going Merry (plus Woop Slap, lol) made me really excited!

This is pretty much the setup I would expect from a "possible hint of next nakama" in a poster like this.

Another thing that left me stoked is her color scheme. White, violet and pink! I never linked Hancock to white before, but it suddenly made so much sense: she had a white cape in her debut, her dress had a lot of white in Stampede, Salome had the white/pink color scheme since the beginning, AND we never saw Oda's colors for her dresses in Impel Down and Marineford. If Hancock is actually represented by white (or silver), it would fit really well in the crew, just like in the poster.

I'm not sure if that discounts Yamato as a nakama entirely, but yeah, an "ugly" design means that, at least at some point, Oda wasn't really expecting him to be that popular. I'd like to know when Yamato started to be designed, thought. I think that information would indicate if he's a Wano thing, or if Oda had him planned as nakama for a long time.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Reminder that Deicide literally once thought that Yamato was what was shown. That he wouldn't get a flashback because there was nothing there.

Now that a flashback exists, he's stating that Yamato is something else than what is shown. That everything about him is fake except for the parts that support my theories.
    Let's not attack other members for old fan theories that turned out to be wrong, please.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Too bad Yams zoan form is so butt ugly
    It actually her hybrid as it seems... Which make things worse

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon D. Luffy View Post
    Uh it's kind of gross that this has turned into the Deicide Smearing Thread rather than the next strawhat thread.

I've seen that happening before and it was gross too. Why do people like to bully Deicide so much?
    I know I make some far-fetched links often, as I love to try to think "outside the box" and overanalyze storytelling techniques, but I'm always impressed by how people seem to be offended by my opinions.

I don't mind being wrong. I now I get things wrong more often than not, but it's always exciting when you see something others don't and it ends up close to the truth. But the way people react, is like I was absolutely sure of everything I comment, so they must prove me wrong for some reason.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Let's not attack other members for old fan theories that turned out to be wrong, please.
    Did he he get an infraction as well of just a warning before it actually happens?

Just asking

Reminder that Zoro was originally Buggy's bodyguard.

In fact, a lot of early SH concepts ended up not materializing to make prototype designs matter. Someone like Robin was likely not planned since the original sketch only had Nami as the token female.

Default Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Tiny fishman shipwright was a sight to behold, though Jimbei's appearance is also very popular

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Difference is... Jinbe is a veteran who had enough adventures on his own
    Unlike Usopp and Chopper whom were on their home islands all their lives until Luffy came along?

I find it just funny that the old arguments against Carrot are basically nullified with Yamato. Face looks like Nami in normal form, looks like "Chopper" in transformed form (Too similar!). Has fur (Oh my gosh, will never join). Has no job on the ship (There is none for Carrot no, please guide Yams to the writing board)...
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

Maybe carrot gets something to do next week

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    I find it just funny that the old arguments against Carrot are basically nullified with Yamato. Face looks like Nami in normal form, looks like "Chopper" in transformed form (Too similar!). Has fur (Oh my gosh, will never join). Has no job on the ship (There is none for Carrot no, please guide Yams to the writing board)...
    Plus, a lot that justifies Yamato joining applies equally as strong to Carrot. Some time ago, people were saying that Yamato joining was certain because the only way he wouldn't do it is if he gives up on his desire for adventure and/or is denied by Luffy. Well, the very same arguments apply to Carrot down to a T. And Carrot has the advantage of already making friends with many crewmates and having earned Luffy's respect to the point he calls her by name. Yamato lacks both, and has mostly interacted with non-Straw Hats.

What's dragging Carrot down right now is just that the story isn't focused on her. But, as long as Perospero and Carrot are around, her story arc can still be picked up. The arc is far from over.

Imo everything that Yamato and Carrot is lacking can be fixed at any time, except panel time.

Not being important to the story is a pretty bad trait to have when you want to join the protagonist cast because it says the author doesn't see you as a protagonist.

I really hope that they don't both join, if constant comparisons between Carrot and Yamato will stick around until the end of the series I might go insane. Well, not as insane as bringing up the same old arguments time and time again even though nothing has changed

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Lol @ the Yamato's strength destroys the dynamic of the crew's strength as if Oda didn't address this with Jimbe. As if he can't do it again with Yamato

Yamato resisters in the face of this flashback and clear indication of more are just silly.

After the last phase Oda comments of this story, this isn't the time to get some weak characters to tag along. As far as future antagonists, this is it. Kaido and his crew are that last big challenge. The final war is just the climax of the entire story. Not gonna be a ton of more things to do. It's Blackbeard, probably Im, some admirals to face all on equal ground.

Quote Originally Posted by otakufan View Post
    Can't comment on the translation itself, but I think if we look at past comments by Yams, I think it's pretty clear that he'd have taken the "Go out to sea, get stronger, then come back for the big battle" path if it were an option. He very clearly wanted to go with Ace four years ago, but the explody-cuff situation forced him to remain on Onigashima against his will. He also mentions his frustration about how having accidentally eaten a Devil Fruit robbed him of his option to just swim way.

Taken together, I think that implies that Yamato would have left a long time ago if he could, though given his repeated insistence on still going out to sea once the battle against his father is finished, I don't think it really changes his priorities that much. Yams always intended to be a part of this battle.
    Yeah, I'm not sure what other way to take the official translation.

Yamato was speaking as if he would get to go out to sea and get stronger and then come back to help free Wano. That did not happen.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Closed Thread

Thread Information