View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

189 51.36%
  • Shinobu

1 0.27%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc)

1 0.27%
  • Momo

9 2.45%
  • Tama

9 2.45%
  • Carrot

68 18.48%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 1.90%
  • Caribou

6 1.63%
  • Other

28 7.61%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

50 13.59%
Closed Thread
Page 450 of 506 FirstFirst ... 350 400 440 448 449 450 451 452 460 500 ... LastLast
Results 8,981 to 9,000 of 10112

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    If Pedro didn't die I would've probably considered him the strongest contender for the Strawhat crew up until Yamato arrived. Somehow he felt so right, I genuinely wanted to see him sail.

One of my favourite characters in the whole post-time skip.
    Someone who understands

...except

Pedro, living status pending , is/was the strongest contender, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Not saying that happened here, but it totally could have. I want Pedro dead as much as the next person....as grim as that sounds...
    The horror!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    The literal King of the Pirates telling him that he's going to have his moment+ the fact we've never seen Pedro's Sulong, that's it, that's always been about enough basis to me.

I'm a simple man, I theorize about Pedro witnsessing the Dawn with Sulong activated, I press like.
    I'm pressing that like and subscribe button!

Prediction: Pedro's Sulong form will grant him two tails
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Oh hey Pedro talk is back. Good times to be had.
    Except there isn't anything to talk about besides Nekomamushi fighting Perospero for Pedro's sake. Not a strong talking point.

No, no...this will turn back to debating mainly for/against Yamato until Tama matures and/or Carrot gets up to witness (and maybe participate) in Nekomamushi vs Perospero. This thread will be at an all-time madness if/when that transpires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    The worst part about the ďPedro is aliveĒ thing is that, despite me really wanting a meaningful death there, itís indeed possible for Pedro (and Pekoms) to be alive, maybe captured by the BM Pirates, and saved once they come to Onigashima in Act 4. So, Iím not putting my finger in that anthill. Iíll wait and see in that regard.

Anyway, both Carrot and Yamato do not feel like crewmates to me. Both have some barriers I need to see breached before they reach that status. Both have failed to exceed my expectations for them.
    I want Pedro and Pekoms to come back...but these battles are winding down.

Kaido vs Yamato; Luffy will tag in and I don't see Luffy losing the next bout
    King and Queen vs Zoro and Sanji
    Jack vs Inuarashi

Big Mom vs Kid and Law
    Perospero vs Nekomamushi

Hawkins vs Killer

Fukurokuju vs Raizo

All of the Topi Roppo, minus X Drake, are out for the count.
    Denjiro, Kawamatsu, and Izou should be capable to fight any plot related opponents like if Orochi comes back again (which is possible).
    Groups of Gifters, Pleasures, and Waiters are now on the Alliance side.
    Apoo could rebound but what could he do to turn the tides? Or would he try to join the Alliance when defeat is close?

Not sure there is even a reason to extend Wano to more Acts when it's already over 100 chapters at this point. Those battles, Kaido/Yamato flashback, plus whatever other plot points are what...20-25 chapters...30 tops. That's plenty long enough. Strawhats can still potentially deal with Big Mom and her crew at Elbaf. Or Emerald City where I believe Vegapunk resides. Big Mom definitely gives off Wicked Witch vibes.

But...what will the BM Pirates do if they finally get upstream and the war is over? I guess that depends on how the World Government through CP0 and the Marines through SWORD reacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinds View Post
    We're quickly approaching four years since Pedro's death in the Manga. Chapter 878, released on September 16, 2017.
    Damn...it's been a while. At least he went out in a bang. *rimshot*

I upset myself...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post

Nah, I don't agree with at all.

2.9 theory is something fans came across, brought to Oda as a question, and he most likely dropped it.

10 crewmates or more is something stated in the first chapter and Oda has slow played it for 20 years when he easily could've got 10 before the time skip or the first arc right after. Whether he had all 10 strawhats thought out or not if he only intended 10 that matters. Same as if he changed his mind and added more.

Given other interviews alluding to it in not entirely sure we'll have to wait until the end of the series to see if only 10 characters will join. Also there is no ruined surprise if he's done adding crew mates. Its right there in the first chapter.
    If the DF Number Theory was something Oda was planning, I doubt he drop it after 4 of the 5 crewmates were on-board. If the theory is true, I surmise that Oda would try to hide the clues better. Or not. *shrug*

And more people could join after 10 crewmates but they would not have a devil fruit ability. The logia train is gone since not many natural elements left...unless there is one known that fits the theory but I don't recall any.
    Bounty: 382M Quirks: High Places | Garchu
    Roles: Ship Guard | Ship's Cat | Lookout
    Clues: Ch 175 | Statue | Foxy Flag | Paw DF
    Dreams: Travel w/ PK | The Dawn
    Survival: Moon Resurrection | Will of P

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    See, this is exactly what I was talking about. It's so frustrating reading posts like this. They're not about the characters, they're trying to directly about people who believe a certain character will join.
    Well it's not hard to point out bias.

I said it because I have seen some sentiment that not being entirely certain about Yamato is directly related to believing Carrot will join within this thread and I do not believe that to be the case.
    That's cuz of the inconsistency in the logic.

Saying you (not you specifically) still don't think Yamato has any signs of being a strawhat after going on and on about one panel where Carrot is thinking about Pedro's words and that indicates something about her joining is pretty ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Rich View Post

If the DF Number Theory was something Oda was planning, I doubt he drop it after 4 of the 5 crewmates were on-board. If the theory is true, I surmise that Oda would try to hide the clues better. Or not. *shrug*

And more people could join after 10 crewmates but they would not have a devil fruit ability. The logia train is gone since not many natural elements left...unless there is one known that fits the theory but I don't recall any.
    I think Oda dropped it for the mere fact that he addressed it in a SBS.
    Last edited by Zik; August 25th, 2021 at 09:56 PM.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Well it's not hard to point out bias.

That's cuz of the inconsistency in the logic.

Saying you (not you specifically) still don't think Yamato has any signs of being a strawhat after going on and on about one panel where Carrot is thinking about Pedro's words and that indicates something about her joining is pretty ridiculous.

I think Oda dropped it for the mere fact that he addressed it in a SBS.
    I never said Yamato shows no signs of being a Straw Hat. I have said I'm not sold yet because there are a few points that are still missing for me. But of course there are also a lot of points in her favor. I have pretty consistently said there are quite a few signs in Yamato's favor, but I still think there are other viable outcomes. The biggest thing for me is a dream. If a flashback fills that in or something more concrete is established, I would be a lot more convinced than I am now.

But my broader point is that I'm looking at Yamato and Carrot independently, not one versus the other. Unlike Franky and Paulie, they wouldn't even occupy the same hypothetical role on the ship, so I see no problem with both Carrot and Yamato joining. While I understand the 'three at one time' arguments against, I also think it's important to remember Luffy extended the offer to Jimbei almost 400 chapters ago. It has been a matter of when, not if for a very long time now. Carrot was also introduced in Zou, nearly 175 chapters apart from Yamato. Even if multiple characters celebrate joining simultaneously, they all entered the story at different times.

EDIT: seeing the 'not you specifically' now. Too lazy to edit, but want to acknowledge
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    I never said Yamato shows no signs of being a Straw Hat.
    Did you really just ignore what I said and still take it as I'm talking about you?

*sigh*

I'm not talking about you. You are not the only Carrot supporter.

Forget it.

EDIT: seeing the 'not you specifically' now. Too lazy to edit, but want to acknowledge
    I was about to say.

Can't have a discussion about several groups of ppl and then take every statement personally when the group is being discussed.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

NO SPOILERS.

Rules are rules, it DOES NOT MATTER that its a no-context color spread.

You are still breaking the official release date by half a week and discussing SPOILERS.

Why are you even discussing it HERE? There's a *spoiler thread* for exactly that.
    Last edited by Robby; August 26th, 2021 at 07:17 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    We've been saying Carrot isn't joining for five years. "Team Yamato" has nothing to do with it.

It's entirely about the Carrot theories being unconvincing.

And that they're STILL coming, even now, when Carrot has done basically nothing for three years.
    It would probably be beneficial in everyone’s case and the discussions they participate in if one talked about a character joining, whether it be Carrot, Yamato, or anyone else, within the framework of how it helps benefit and drive the story forward, whether their personal and/or the overall story, as opposed to doing it within the framework as if it’s a competition of trying to prove that “my theory is superior to yours, so you obviously don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    It would probably be beneficial in everyoneís case and the discussions they participate in if one talked about a character joining, whether it be Carrot, Yamato, or anyone else, within the framework of how it helps benefit and drive the story forward, whether their personal and/or the overall story, as opposed to doing it within the framework as if itís a competition of trying to prove that ďmy theory is superior to yours, so you obviously donít know what youíre talking about.Ē
    The issue is not everyone regards the narrative in the same way. Fiction is always going to be interpreted subjectively, especially when the context of the fiction intentionally leaves big chunks of the narrative ambiguously concluded and up to interpretation.

Something as simple as 'what exactly happened to Pekoms' could be debated infinitely from all sides, because we don't know what Oda has planned for the future of the narrative and of the character. We can only interpret what we think may happen, and that is exactly how new Crewmate debates are happening. Yes, there is always a hefty amount of bias involved as well, and that's to be expected if we're literally going on opinions to make any arguments about how the narrative could play out.

The narrative is not some tangible, immutable factual thing. It's nebulous and ambiguous while it is still being presented, and we can only ever regard the narrative in retrospect after it's already laid out to us. And even then, Oda is capable of overturning everything we know by dropping a lore-bomb that changes everything, just like Ace being revealed as not blood-related to Luffy, or Kuma having ties to the Revolutionaries. We can't really bank on talking about any framework of the narrative when the narrative itself is going to present intentional plot twists to keep us on our toes. And when it comes to what is possible, there really isn't anything that is impossible unless the narrative actually reaches the point where it becomes unambiguously concluded (which, I should point out, is extremely rare)

If we're just going to all stick to the narrative, then by all means there's very little left to discuss on new Crewmate. It's Yamato. End of discussion. Anything beyond that? Well you'd have to create a theory or twist the narrative to make anything else fit, because the current narrative has zero intention to show any other character proclaiming themselves joining the crew.

I agree with Robby. Color spreads pulled from the unreleased magazine are spoilers. They're not allowed until Sunday.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    I agree with Robby. Color spreads pulled from the unreleased magazine are spoilers. They're not allowed until Sunday.
    Understood. I thought it would be ok since it wasn't actually part of the chapter (It's not its cover), but I'll keep it in mind next time.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Carrot definitely fell into the food group while Nami is too cool for school.

Ok this might end up being nothing at all, but just to throw something "new" into the thread..

this right here is towels ok, just towels, they're part of the ton of merchandising celebrating the 100 vol release.

the publicity on it is.. to say the least, interesting, they been smacked together with an also 100 vol anniversary figures coming out too, apparently.

https://twitter.com/1kuji_onepiece/status/1431202353563140103

N
    ow its got to be noted that O-tama, Vivi, Sunny and Law make their way into SH merchandising and quite oftenly, so any of those four has good chances to be it.

But also, might be Yamato too..

There's a big chance of it being Yamato, as his silhouette appears in the end of the video.
    But it may also represent more than one character, like having towels for several secondary ones.
    Same with the plates, they have non-SH characters in them and a "?" mark as well.

BTW, Yamato's face will be revealed in the anime next week, right? That's September Fourth.
    And these merchs will be released sequentially from 9/4 onwards. So huge chances of Yamato hype being high. There will be lots of Yamato merch from then on.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Discovered Stowaway Galleon Panthera's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I'm fine with Carrot talk because it's completely like Oda at this stage to say, "....Fuck it! Carrot, Yamato, AND Momo are joining! Nobody called it!"
    Don't want to be that guy, but I actually am one of those rare members here that has consistently called the idea that both Carrot and Yamato would join, and I still stand by that stance, haha! Momo would just be a extra icing in the cake for me.

Let's see how it all ends.

Haven't looked at the poll in ages, but damn that lead Yams has is not even funny

Don't want to be that guy, but I actually am one of those rare members here that has consistently called the idea that both Carrot and Yamato would join, and I still stand by that stance, haha! Momo would just be a extra icing in the cake for me.

Let's see how it all ends.
    You're not being that guy (^○^)

But what I meant about not calling was all three.

But let's face it. Someone definitely 'called' that too no doubt. Just hyperbole. Eager to find out what he does. He definitely has leeway to place all the pieces as he likes at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Haven't looked at the poll in ages, but damn that lead Yams has is not even funny
    I haven't voted in the poll so I don't see the numbers but navigating to the results, that support is quite something. And for good reason, Yamato is a fascinating character with a massive amount of potential, momentum and connection to the core story threads of One Piece. He could easily be a Straw Hat Pirate if Oda scripts it so, which at this point seems probable.

Also thanks for sharing that tweet Monquito. That was interesting.
    Last edited by Syphin; August 28th, 2021 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    [URL="https://twitter.com/1kuji_onepiece/status/1431202353563140103"]https://twitter.com/1kuji_onepiece/status/1431202353563140103
    Yeah, it was always clear that spread was going to get figures. Shame I already have Jinbe, that one looks great.

I want that mug tho...
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

One of the things I like about the core crew is that it's open to anyone joining, yet not necessarily everyone. There are, and have been, many characters who more than deserve a spot on the crew. And someday there will be that epic moment when the world declares itself a Straw Hat Pirate. But as theoretically possible as it is, I can't get on board with the idea of any more than one person joining at the end of Wano. It's Carrot, or Yamato, or someone else.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Well Carrot appeared again this chapter

Since now I can talk about it...

I love this! Some observations (this is pure opinion and speculation, don't get mad over it):

- This is the 1st part of a 3-part poster. This is the left portion of the image, as you can see by looking into the borders.

- Kaido and Big Mom decorate the corners, so it's safe to assume Shanks and Blackbeard will be on the opposite side.

- The Straw Hats are likely in the middle. They'll likely all be in the 2nd part, thought some may spill into the 3rd. You can see Sanji's flame leg above Hancock, and a tip of Nami's Climatact to the right. You can also see treasure around Hancock's feet, indicating the Straw Hats may be defending their claim to it.

- There's also a "Warlord area" of the image. Here, we can see Kuma, Doflamingo, Moria and Mihawk, but also part of Crocodile's barchan attack just above Sanji's leg.

- Law, once a Warlord, is also near the other warlords, but get a more prestigious position in the foreground, and as a heroic figure rather than a threat.

- Hancock's placement is rather interesting. She's near the Warlords, just like Law. But, like him, she's portrayed as a hero. And she's really close to the Straw Hats's likely position. She could even be in some sort of formation with them. Let's see how they are placed, and if some other character completes the formation by standing on the other side of the crew. I also like that Hancock is using a dress rather than her Amazon Lily outfit. She's always using dresses when portrayed as a hero, while her empress outfit is more like her "Warlord garb", IMO. I also really liked her color scheme here. White/pink/violet not only suits her, but also matches Salome's scales. I always found strange that Salome's colors did not match Hancock's, but it becomes so perfect here!

- BTW, all three almost-official waifus are in this piece: Hancock, Pudding and Hiyori. It's interesting Hiyori is portraied in her Komurasaki outfit and hair. But she feels more relaxed and happy here than she usually looked like as Komurasaki. Maybe it's just because of how low-detailed she is in the picture, but could it mean something?

- Reiju's position is really weird. She's just by herself, away from Sanji, and with none of her brothers around. We know Oda is adding characters beyond the Top 50, so he could have included someone else with her. Or is her loneliness a hint of something?

- Same with Pudding. She's portrayed like an ally, unlike Katakuri, and she's away from any figures related to her family. Yes, Katakuri is nearby, by on another plane and really not interacting with her. Plus, what's up with Katakuri's height? He's taller than Moria or Kuma, and yet he's so small here. Worst, he's the character that's closest to our PoV, so he would be absolutely huge, lol.

- Yamato's placement is as far away from the Straw Hats as it can be. I was surprised by that. I was expecting him to be near the other allies. The image features Yamato closer to Wano figures (Hiyori, Oden, Kiku). Does it mean something? His position may get more prestigious if we see some of the Straw Hats also spread out in other parts, thus balancing it out.

- Perona is near both Mihawk and Moria, both people she cares about. But I can't tell if she's meant to be friend or foe in this. What do you think? She looks pretty neutral, but is facing towards the supposed Straw Hat position, like most enemies. Mihawk is also pretty neutral, I can't see if he's friend or foe in this.

- Law, Yamato and Hancock are almost the three "main" heroes of this piece. Law obviously take the most prestigious position, being in the center of the piece.

----------------------

I can't wait for the next part! About next pieces:

- Non-SH characters from Top 50 that haven't appeared yet: Shirahoshi, Izou, Blackbeard, Garp, Lucci, Koby, X Drake, Tashigi, Woop Slap, Aokiji, Enel, Buggy, Rayleigh, Going Merry, Whitebeard, Gol D. Roger, Smoker, Kid, Bon Kurei, Vivi, Marco, Crocodile, Shanks, Carrot

- We see a glimpse of Crocodile's sand above Hancock and Sanji's feet. He completes the Warlords section, as mentioned. I don't expect Weevil to be in it.

- There will probably be a a "marine section" like the Warlords'. It will probably be on the other side of the Straw Hats, featuring Koby, Garp, Drake, Tashigi, Aokiji and Smoker.

- I wonder where Carrot will be placed. On the other side of the Straw Hats, balancing with Hancock? Or farther away, balancing with Yamato? Or even among them? Any other minks round?

- I expect Izou, Marco, Whitebeard and Ace to be together somewhere, likely in the 3rd piece. Ace could be the opposite to Yamato, Izou as the opposite to Kiku, and Whitebeard opposing Oden

- What will be Sabo's placement? Near Ace? It wouldn't fit the Whitebeard theme. Maybe he's fighting Lucci, representing Revolutionaries vs. World Government.

- Lucci's placement is probably as a loner, rather than near the marines.

- Where will Buggy be? Near the Warlords? With Roger and Rayleigh?

- Vivi and/or Bon Kurei may be the opposites to Hancock's position near the Straw Hats.

- How will Oda fit Shirahoshi and the Going Merry in this? Will he cheat and put just references to them, or will they appear for real? I could see Shirahoshi being among the Straw Hats, protected by them in the center of the full image.

- What about Enel and Woop Slap? They fit nowhere, lol. However, you can see lightning around Moria's hand. Enel is probably in the next piece, to Moria's right.

- Kid will probably be opposite to Law, as the center figure of the 3rd piece.

Closed Thread

Thread Information