View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
275. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

125 45.45%
  • Shinobu

1 0.36%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc.)

1 0.36%
  • Momo

8 2.91%
  • Tama

7 2.55%
  • Carrot

58 21.09%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 2.55%
  • Caribou

4 1.45%
  • Other

22 8.00%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

42 15.27%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 204 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 137 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Since we know of the Journal, her presence in Oden's execution, the mistreatment from Kaido, and other possible details like a connection with Tama, and even the fate of whoever her mother is. Ace is really just one part of it, we actually need a huge flashback here.

also, Yamato could be de person Ace learned to make hats from.
    Yeah, I think it has to be a big flashback that ties in a lot of threads because being introduced so late is a issue so I hope there's some kind of foreshadowing that we missed but just have to wait for now lol

And Tama taught him the Strawhat making
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

also, Yamato could be de person Ace learned to make hats from.
    This is fucking criminal bruh, go and reread Wano xD
    Last edited by Solid; August 3rd, 2020 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    I felt like he purposely put that there for you, but I could be wrong

I think Carrot is the one with most chances of joining, and she's also my favourite candidate. I've been playing the devil's advocate here time ago, tho. And now I come back with a new doubt: Is she really that special as to make HER the last Straw Hat? Also, I've read theories thas she could match Devon in the final battle against the BBs, leaving Nami as the only Straw Hat whose VS hasn't been revealed yet. BUT, are Nami or Carrot special enough in regards to power and background as to be the counterpart of the last (and therefore, most intriguing and likely, one of the most powerful) member of the BB pirates? What can you say in favour of Carrot about these topics?

It's a shame these polls can't be updated and be graphed over a timeline so we can see the trends of bandwagon hopping and jumping based on week-to-week chapters.

I feel like a lot of hype is just due to wanting any new big major character reveal that has any loose relation to Straw hats be a new crewmember.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    I felt like he purposely put that there for you, but I could be wrong
    Yeah, I kind of hope that is the case ��

Tama is doing a Cloud and remembering other peoples memories as her own. Sephri-yamato was the one who was really making strawhats like a boss, and the Tama-cloud was just there watching it all..... Either that or she is Ace and Yamas time displaced love child

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Tama is doing a Cloud and remembering other peoples memories as her own. Sephri-yamato was the one who was really making strawhats like a boss, and the Tama-cloud was just there watching it all..... Either that or she is Ace and Yamas time displaced love child
    So wait, who's Jenova in this scenario? Kaido? Yamato's mom? Is Yamato the true main villain of this arc and is Kaido just another puppet, both figuratively and quite literally?

Quote Originally Posted by Yxenz View Post
    I think Carrot is the one with most chances of joining, and she's also my favourite candidate. I've been playing the devil's advocate here time ago, tho. And now I come back with a new doubt: Is she really that special as to make HER the last Straw Hat? Also, I've read theories thas she could match Devon in the final battle against the BBs, leaving Nami as the only Straw Hat whose VS hasn't been revealed yet. BUT, are Nami or Carrot special enough in regards to power and background as to be the counterpart of the last (and therefore, most intriguing and likely, one of the most powerful) member of the BB pirates? What can you say in favour of Carrot about these topics?
    Cresent moon vs. full moon, I get that. I think Carrot and Nami could be matched up to a number of opponents, including Devon. Their skillsets are different enough too: Nami is great at long range and crowd control, Carrot excels in speed and getting in close.

It's hard to say which SH will be matched with the last BB captain. I do think the only obvious match-ups are Luffy and BB, Zoro and Shiryu, Usopp and Augur and Chopper and Doc Q. Everyone else is flexible, but I could see Carrot handling herself fine against most of them. As long as she isn't being grabbed, of course. Watcha gonna do?

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Quote Originally Posted by LordButler View Post
    So wait, who's Jenova in this scenario? Kaido? Yamato's mom? Is Yamato the true main villain of this arc and is Kaido just another puppet, both figuratively and quite literally?
    Plot twist Kaido can't die because he isn't alive.

Flesh puppet abomination confirmed

https://one-piece.com/special/usop/20200720_1159.html

Usopps VA and one of the editors bringing some focus on Ace and Tama

https://ameblo.jp/meg-han/entry-12612729358.html

Voice actor of Tama was allowed to draw Tama stickers for Line, dedicated to all anikis out there.
    Last edited by Solid; August 4th, 2020 at 02:52 AM.

Hey guys.. I am new to this page. I'd like to share my view on this topic
    A few years ago Oda mentioned in an interview that there will be new crew members and that they will Join successively. Now that Jinbei has officially joined, the next two could possibly be Carrot (because of her dream to fulfill Pedro's desire) and Yamato.
    She literally asked for the permission to join Luffy.. Therefore this would add up. And since we're right next to the endgame, it's reasonable to have new powerhouses join the crew to form
    A big five with Luffy Zoro Jinbei Sanji Yamato

Predicting the 1 vs 1 fights against the Blackbeard Pirates is pretty hard and I wouldn't be surprised if we some unexpected match ups. Personally I prefer if we see the Strawhats vs their Blackbeard counterparts when it comes to their roles on the ship

- Luffy vs Blackbeard: captains
    - Zoro vs Shiryu: swordsman
    - Usopp vs Van Augur: snipers
    - Chopper vs Doc Q: doctors
    - Nami vs Laffitte: navigators (but he also would fit against Brook because both use a cane and are gentleman like or also Robin because both can fly with angel wings)
    - Jinbei vs Jesus Burgess: helmsman

now for the following fights we don't know the roles of the Blackbeard members but I would like to see:

- Sanji vs Avalo Pizarro: Prince vs King, both from the North Blue, Avalo Pizarro is supposed to be some King from the North Blue who needed to be erased from history and there could be a connection with the Vinsmokes. In his most recent appearance he is seen eating so he might have a connection to food (but that is really weak evidence), he also seems to have some kind of gauntlets as weapons so it could be legs vs arms
    - Franky + Sunny vs Sanjuan Wolf: Wolfs epithet is "Colossal Battleship" and I can see Oda wanting to draw a "Mecha-Sunny" in the fight and also proving that way for Franky that the Sunny is best ship in the world
    - Brook vs Vasco Shot: So far there is honestly nothing that points to this fight but those are the two that are left from my match ups

which brings me to the last two:

- Robin vs ???: I expect the missing tenth Titanic Captain to be somebody that can somehow read the Poneglyphs. No idea what or who this character could be but every time we see Blackbeard he has a plan and has been thinking about becoming the pirate king for a long time so I would also expect from him to have a plan to read the Road Poneglyphs
    - Carrot vs Catarina Devon: If Carrot joins then this will be her fight I think. As has already been pointed out there is the Full Moon vs Crescent Moon Hunter angle. Both can transform (Sulong vs Zoan Nine Tailed Fox) making it an "animal" vs "animal" fight. Catarina is known for killing beautiful women and Carrots Sulong form was described as beautiful.

Wait so yamato is beating carrot now in the poll...

Luffy vs Blackbeard, duh

Doc Q vs Chopper, doctor show off, and given Choppers past experiences with doctors, thatis what makes him most worked up.

Zoro vs Shiryuu, swordsman duel, with Shiryuus new df giving him some even more ominous aura matching Zoro.

Catarina Devon vs Nami, Devon hunts and decapitate beautiful women, Nami is a beautiful woman, Devon should also have some more spells, illusions and tricks along with her DF making an interesting match up for our monkey king weather controlling sorceress.

Brook vs Lafitte, demon vs angel, both thin and carrying canes.

Jinbei vs Vasco Shot, in my head canon Vasco shot is a drunken kung fu master, seawater vs alcohol, lol.

Tama vs Sanjuan Wolf, typical david and goliath match up, with some jack and the beanstalk theme, that will hopefully end up like a giant kaiju battle between tamas potential pet and sanjuan wolf.

Luffy vs Blackbeard
    Zoro vs Shiryu
    Jimbe vs Jesus Burgess
    Nami vs Catarina Devon
    Chopper vs Doc Q and Stronger
    Ussop vs Van Augur
    Robin vs Vasco Shot
    Brook vs Lafitte
    Franky+Sunny vs San Juan Wolf
    Sanji vs Mysterious Titan Captain/Avalo Pizarro
    New Member vs Mysterious Titan Captain/Avalo Pizarro

That's what I think
    Last edited by ArmamentHero; August 4th, 2020 at 05:19 AM.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Quote Originally Posted by Kizaruuu View Post
    A few years ago Oda mentioned in an interview that there will be new crew members and that they will Join successively.
    Given the timing of the quote and how long ago it was, and what was *actually* said, he was most likely talking about the strawhat fleet at the time.

Similarly, the "a former boss will join" quote that keeps getting pulled out was from over a decade ago and was certainly about the Impel Down crew.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

aah, leave me alone.

she's been gone for a while you know, makes you forget things about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Yeah, but. The point wasn't about the matches but if Carrot is special enough as to be the last one. Also, if the band will be complete as to match the BBs having into account that probably the last member will likely be super powerful and important.

Jinbei vs Vasco Shot, in my head canon Vasco shot is a drunken kung fu master, seawater vs alcohol, lol.
    Jinbe VS Burgess is quite obvious. Helmsman VS Helmsman. Martial Artist VS Wrestler. Distance physical attack VS Distant physical attack. Shooting water through the air VS shooting air.

aah, leave me alone.

she's been gone for a while you know, makes you forget things about her.
    sad, but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Yxenz View Post
    Jinbe VS Burgess is quite obvious. Helmsman VS Helmsman. Martial Artist VS Wrestler. Distance physical attack VS Distant physical attack. Shooting water through the air VS shooting air.
    oh, fair point. Sabos manhandling of Burgess has sort of made me forget about burgess in the match ups, hope he gets a power up.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information