View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

189 51.36%
  • Shinobu

1 0.27%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc)

1 0.27%
  • Momo

9 2.45%
  • Tama

9 2.45%
  • Carrot

68 18.48%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 1.90%
  • Caribou

6 1.63%
  • Other

28 7.61%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

50 13.59%
Closed Thread
Page 345 of 506 FirstFirst ... 245 295 335 343 344 345 346 347 355 395 445 ... LastLast
Results 6,881 to 6,900 of 10112

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Raw fish like sushi or raw fish like catching a trout straight from the stream?
    From the latest SBS:

Question 13:
    R: Odacchi! Please tell us the age, height, and favorite food of Yamato! – P.N. Pumpkin
    O: Sure~ A very straightforward question~ Since you asked, here’s the answers:
    Age is 28 years old (was born on the same year as Momonosuke)
    Height is 2.63m (about twice as tall as Luffy)
    Favorite Food is, of course, Oden. However, he also really likes salmon (by biting into it raw).

source: https://thelibraryofohara.com/2021/0...estion-corner/

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Raw fish like sushi or raw fish like catching a trout straight from the stream?
    He's Kaido's child. What do you think?

Bodyguard was recently suggested as a role, and while it does sound weird for Luffy to have one, I suppose Yamato could be one in light of Yamato challenging Kaido in Chapter 1015 after Luffy, as well as Zoro, got incapacitated after trying to fight him. This could also extend to when Yamato attacked Ulti to save Luffy and defended Momo and Shinobu against Sasaki.
    Last edited by electricmastro; June 10th, 2021 at 05:18 PM.

So both Father and Child enjoy fish. That is hilarious.

It's also interesting that wild-caught [Alaskan] Salmon is one of the healthiest fish available to eat. I'm sure the Wano variant is equally as exceptional if not more. No wonder Yamato grew up to be so badass.

Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    Bodyguard was recently suggested as a role, and while it does sound weird for Luffy to have one, I suppose Yamato could be one in light of Yamato challenging Kaido in Chapter 1015 after Luffy, as well as Zoro, got incapacitated after trying to fight him. This could also extend to when Yamato attacked Ulti to save Luffy and defended Momo and Shinobu against Sasaki.
    Wouldn't Defender sound cooler?

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Ceaser didn't stab the heart. He stabbed the cube it was contained in and hit the floor, as we saw in the next chapter.

Even if he DID hit it, Monet is a logia. A SNOW logia in an island covered in snow. If Ceaser wasn't imbuing that thing with Haki, she recovers anyway.

She was already weak and coughing up blood *before* the "stab" thanks to Tashigi, and we saw with other characters just jostling it was enough to mess them up. It didn't need to be a direct hit to knock her out.

If Oda wanted to clearly show the heart being stabbed, he could have. He instead picked the *one* camera angle where a near miss would look like a hit.
    So you're saying he stabbed the cube and it didn't pierce any further to reach the heart? And if it did Monet most likely has that 2nd nature reaction where even she doesn't know she'll be hit just automatically activates her logia intangible ability?

Law was a part of it. Can't let him be partly responsible for a death, saem way Oda had to make sure Sanji was absolved for killing Pedro.
    Yeah he was part of exchanging hearts, the wrong one at that. Thats it.

I don't really see him as a murderer for it. Barely even an accessory. Its not like he provided the weapon.

Also whats this about Sanji's involvement with Pedro's sacrificial suicide? He didn't do anything. Maybe my recollection is poor. Crazy Pedro just up and decided to pull out a bomb so the strawhats could escape.

Vergo as a parent killer might actually be done. Or at least not allowed to move free without a cost.
    Now he's the one character I think is alive.

After what Doflamingo lost somebody has to be there when he gets out of Impel Down.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Now he's the one character I think is alive.

After what Doflamingo lost somebody has to be there when he gets out of Impel Down.
    Vergo as a Marine would be the perfect person to break Doflamingo out of Impeldown

Also Doflamingo and Croc need to settle there score from Marineford, Oda spent a lot of time on that rivalry there might be a bigger reason, also there plans and schemes are very similar

So you're saying he stabbed the cube and it didn't pierce any further to reach the heart?
    There is no question that what Caesar stabbed the bloody ‘block of flesh’ and that blood came out indicating injury to it, but as can obviously be seen, Caesar is in a weakened state and the position he stabbed the ‘block of flesh’ in is such a weird one, only a small fraction of his remaining strength would have come through in the stab. And Oda chose the ONE camera angle where hitting the edge of the cube would look like hitting it dead center.

But in the next chapter you can see the spike is clearly embedded in the ground, not the cube. He missed. Slippery blood stuff and he was wounded. But the jostling was enoguh to shake her up, just like it was for Smoker.

Either he missed and the cube slid away... or he pulled the spike out and then forcefully stabbed the ground. For some reason. Even though he was stabbing on his side with his pinned arm and was about to collapse.

If you look close you see just the top most bit of the cube is indented.

If the spike was just laying on its side it'd be one thing, but it's embedded in the ground. That's not an accidental prop placement, that's a conscious Oda choice.

And if it did Monet most likely has that 2nd nature reaction where even she doesn't know she'll be hit just automatically activates her logia intangible ability?
    If you can't get behind the visual fact that the spike missed, then yeah, the second thing is also in play.

She wasn't hit in the first place, but the logia defense also covers it if you need even more explanation.

Mostly need to address the logia thing as a second out because the anime changed the scene pretty heavily.

Also whats this about Sanji's involvement with Pedro's sacrificial suicide? He didn't do anything. Maybe my recollection is poor. Crazy Pedro just up and decided to pull out a bomb so the strawhats could escape.
    Sanji is the reason that group went there at that time in the way they did. And he also beat up Luffy which didn't help.

The would have eventually hit up BM's territory anyway for the poneglyph, but it would have been weeks or months later post-Wano with full crew strength.

Granted a few months later all the random happenstance alliances would have worked out differently, but they would have had the whole crew and possibly a lot more backup.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

There is no question that what Caesar stabbed the bloody ‘block of flesh’ and that blood came out indicating injury to it, but as can obviously be seen, Caesar is in a weakened state and the position he stabbed the ‘block of flesh’ in is such a weird one, only a small fraction of his remaining strength would have come through in the stab. And Oda chose the ONE camera angle where hitting the edge of the cube would look like hitting it dead center.
    Even in a weakened state, his intention was to kill (Smoker) and even if he only pricked the heart she would've died but going back to him being weak, its not like that heart is going to grow legs and go anywhere. Caesar had plenty of time to regain some strength and properly stab that heart but as seen in the panels it looks like he successfully stabbed it and it began to bleed out.

Plus its not like the cube the hearts are in are some impenetrable super resistant material. I'm pretty sure he made contact with the heart.

But in the next chapter you can see the spike is clearly embedded in the ground, not the cube. He missed. Slippery blood stuff and he was wounded. But the jostling was enoguh to shake her up, just like it was for Smoker.

https://12dimension.files.wordpress....95_06-edit.jpg

Either he missed and the cube slid away... or he pulled the spike out and then forcefully stabbed the ground. For some reason. Even though he was stabbing on his side with his pinned arm and was about to collapse.

If you look close you see just the top most bit of the cube is indented.

If the spike was just laying on its side it'd be one thing, but it's embedded in the ground. That's not an accidental prop placement, that's a conscious Oda choice.
    To me, you cant have it both ways. He either tried to stab the heart and failed to penetrate the cube or he completely missed and stabbed the ground.

The stabbed the cube, fail, then stabbed the ground is just extremely odd. The tried to stabbed and completely missed but an indentation can be seen is also odd.

I'd say seeing it that way, that Oda gave so many outs for Monet not to be dead, that actually none of them are outs. They're too inconsistent and the two scenarios almost contradict each other unless you're going with he stabbed the ground a second time for some reason.

If you can't get behind the visual fact that the spike missed, then yeah, the second thing is also in play.

She wasn't hit in the first place, but the logia defense also covers it if you need even more explanation.

Mostly need to address the logia thing as a second out because the anime changed the scene pretty heavily.
    Just can't buy in to this one.

I mean if logia defenses are just kicking in then Smoker's heart would've just turned in to smoke when squeezed.

Monet should be dead. If not just from the heart stab then the explosion melting her snow body (surely she can't reform herself in a state of water).

Sanji is the reason that group went there at that time in the way they did. And he also beat up Luffy which didn't help.

The would have eventually hit up BM's territory anyway for the poneglyph, but it would have been weeks or months later post-Wano with full crew strength.

Granted a few months later all the random happenstance alliances would have worked out differently, but they would have had the whole crew and possibly a lot more backup.
    Pedro isn't a strawhat pirate. He had absolutely no obligation to go with them to get Sanji back. Sanji was nice to him, helped out on Zou and Pedro felt indebted to him so he went but if we're honest he went there with an ulterior motive, always planning to get to that road poneglyph like he originally intended when he ended up losing 50 years of his life the first time and failed.

The scenario in where he did what he thought would kill Peros was extreme.

Sanji is totally blameless. That crazy cat had a death wish.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Plus its not like the cube the hearts are in are some impenetrable super resistant material. I'm pretty sure he made contact with the heart.
    Nothign on the actual page shows that he touched the actual heart. Just the cube.

And the next chapter further emphasizes it.

To me, you cant have it both ways. He either tried to stab the heart and failed to penetrate the cube or he completely missed and stabbed the ground.
    You can hit the edge of a thing without hitting the center of it.

Try stabbing a block of jello. Just out of reach. While on your side.

The stabbed the cube, fail, then stabbed the ground is just extremely odd.
    That's my point. That's impossible and stupid and almost certainly NOT what happened. But its the ONLY way to say he hit the heart AND explain why the spike is in the ground. ANd its complete nonsense.

Thus, he didn't hit the the heart. He nicked the edge, but basically missed, and hit the ground.

The tried to stabbed and completely missed but an indentation can be seen is also odd.
    he hit the edge. That's what created the spurt and the wobble and shook Monet up, but he didn't hit it well.

Just can't buy in to this one.

I mean if logia defenses are just kicking in then Smoker's heart would've just turned in to smoke when squeezed.
    Smoker's heart was fully encased at the time. It had nowhere to go.

Monet should be dead. If not just from the heart stab then the explosion melting her snow body (surely she can't reform herself in a state of water).
    Explosions have never once killed anyone in the series. They're not a threat.

But under your hypotethical that she... melts? Why wouldn't she be able to reform later? Every other logia can. Crocodile has had his head cut off and he's fine. Aokiji has permanently replaced a limb with ice and its not in danger of melting.

ANd after the explosion passes and it gets cold again? And other snow falls? When others inevitably arrive to investigate? Like Doflamingo did? Like the marines that would be coming shortly? Like Ceaser himself now that he's free?

The strawhats picked up Ceaser and no one commented on the heart that was literally right next to him. There were shenanigans.

Sanji is totally blameless. That crazy cat had a death wish.
    And yet, if they hadn't gone to get Sanji THAT day, with only the half crew, the scenario in which they eventually invaded Big Mom would have been completely different.

Sanji and Sanji alone is the reason they HAD to go then, since he's the one that refused to trust in his crew.
    Last edited by Robby; June 10th, 2021 at 09:17 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Nothign on the actual page shows that he touched the actual heart. Just the cube.

And the next chapter further emphasizes it.
    So that stuff on the cube is what? A shadow? Cube liquid? Caesar's blood? Not the blood from the heart?

You can hit the edge of a thing without hitting the center of it.
    And even in that scenario you can still penetrate it.

Try stabbing a block of jello. Just out of reach. While on your side.
    10 out of 10. I'm a block-of-jello-stabbing-just-out-of-reach-while-on-my-side champion.

That's my point. That's impossible and stupid and almost certainly NOT what happened. But its the ONLY way to say he hit the heart AND explain why the spike is in the ground. ANd its complete nonsense.
    I'm going with he stabbed the heart and killed Monet. Then the mystery spike embedded itself in the ground.

Thus, he didn't hit the the heart. He nicked the edge, but basically missed, and hit the ground.
    Nicking the edge would still kill her unless you're saying the cube is also impenetrable.

he hit the edge. That's what created the spurt and the wobble and shook Monet up, but he didn't hit it well.
    Its my opinion, that alone would still kill her given its her heart.

Smoker's heart was fully encased at the time. It had nowhere to go.
    Still would've turned in to smoke if we're going with immediate second nature logia defense kicking in cuz Monet's heart was fully encased and the only exit or entrance would be created by the spike penetrating it.

Explosions have never once killed anyone in the series. They're not a threat.
    I'm just doing that just in case back up guaranteed death reasoning.

Sure explosions alone haven't killed but how many ppl have had their hearts pierced and then exploded in One Piece? Only Monet from my recollection.

But under your hypotethical that she... melts? Why wouldn't she be able to reform later?
    Well cuz we're talking about the direct weakness to her logia. Extreme heat. Snow stops being snow when it melts.

Where would she reform and when? Do logia users just have an indefinite time to be in a state of nothingness and come back like they weren't ceasing to exist?

Every other logia can. Crocodile has had his head cut off and he's fine.
    I'm talking about specific weaknesses.

If Enel or Carrot electrocuted Crocodile he would turn to glass and never reform to sand again.

Aokiji has permanently replaced a limb with ice and its not in danger of melting.
    Same would go for Aokiji. He is able to keep his ice arm or leg (I forget) cuz he is made of it so he is in a constant appropriate temperature below zero to keep his arm solid.

ANd after the explosion passes and it gets cold again?
    How long would it take for the explosion to finish and the resulting factory fire to die down? Thats the real question.
    And other snow falls?
    Too late. Already dead.
    When others inevitably arrive to investigate? Like Doflamingo did? Like the marines that would be coming shortly? Like Ceaser himself now that he's free?
    They'd find the nearest fruit to be a snow logia devil fruit.

The strawhats picked up Ceaser and no one commented on the heart that was literally right next to him. There were shenanigans.
    No need to inquire about the dead heart that had already bled out.

And yet, if they hadn't gone to get Sanji THAT day, with only the half crew, the scenario in which they eventually invaded Big Mom would have been completely different.

Sanji and Sanji alone is the reason they HAD to go then, since he's the one that refused to trust in his crew.
    And it was Pedro and Pedro alone who made the decision to go with the Sanji retrieval team (same as Carrot). Nobody forced him. He knew the risks showing his face back in Big Mom's territory could lead to potential death. He went anyway. His fault. Only he can own it just like he owned his death. Not Sanji's fault.

Besides its not like the lives of Sanji's mentor/real father and friends weren't threatened. Hard to say he had a choice in the matter. Regardless he'd have to go just to address that. Just like Sanji said when they did show up, he left them a note and never asked them to come for him especially Pedro of all ppl.
    Last edited by Zik; June 10th, 2021 at 10:14 PM.
    Last.fm

I'm with Robby on this one, I don't think Monet is dead because of how it was portrayed in the artwork. If she was really dead it would have been directly in the cube, but it has been drawn in a specific manner to show it wasn't the case.

Yeah, I'm done trying to explain this to you.

She'll be fine whenever Oda gets around to the Ceaser or Dresserossa cover story. Dunno why he's taken as long as he has except that the arcs are multi-year and interconnected now, and he had actual hero pieces to move around.

Besides its not like the lives of Sanji's mentor/real father and friends weren't threatened. Hard to say he had a choice in the matter. Regardless he'd have to go just to address that. Just like Sanji said when they did show up, he left them a note and never asked them to come for him especially Pedro of all ppl.
    Sanji could have just, y'know, said that. And trusted in his crew.

Instead of abandoning them and then actively beating the shit out of Luffy later.

It's like he didn't pay any attention to what Nami or Robin went through at Arlong or Water 7.

She'll be fine whenever Oda gets around to the Ceaser or Dresserossa cover story. Dunno why he's taken as long as he has except that the arcs are multi-year and interconnected now, and he had actual hero pieces to move around.
    Maybe the cover story with her be the next one, since we just finished one relating to Whole Cake Island, but guess we have to see. Though I didn't think about Caesar being in it, but it make a lot of sense if he was. Maybe that's why it took so long since Caesar was still with the Strawhats.

Yeah, I'm done trying to explain this to you.
    Well its not like I wanted an explanation.

I think she's dead.

I entertained the reasoning for this out you said Oda created but i find it lacking.

In the chance, Oda does bring back Monet I wouldn't be surprised if everything you brought up had absolutely nothing to do with why she's alive.

Sanji could have just, y'know, said that. And trusted in his crew.

Instead of abandoning them and then actively beating the shit out of Luffy later.

It's like he didn't pay any attention to what Nami or Robin went through at Arlong or Water 7.
    Sanji's actions aren't the problem here. I don't need to rehash his trauma and why he tried to push the crew away in what he feels was a situation that definitely trumps the threat of Arlong and his crew or the world government and Marines (keeping in mind that if Big Mom wasn't planning on betraying the Vinsmokes immediately and Sanji went against the wedding anyway Zeff and the Baraitie would all be dead and destroyed).

Lets stick to crazy death wishing Pedro, he's to blame for his death and no one else.
    Last.fm

Discovered Stowaway Galleon Panthera's Avatar

Ugh....here we go again with people claiming Monet is alive. Unless you got actual proof she's actually alive, and not going all "but by this angle, and the way how this was pictured". Really, sorry, that sounds really, REALLY farfetched and reeks of desperation. That and it has been YEARS, and no one, besides hard Monet supporters have been clinging to the possibility of her being alive.

Also for the Logia argument...yes, she is/was a Snow Logia, BUT logias can be HIT if they are unaware of the attack coming. Monet had NO idea that Ceasar had her heart, and even if she wasn't stabbed, she was already injured and planned to blow up the island anyways with a Vergo sliced and diced into pieces and used as decoration on railing. She was going to die no matter what. People can explain all they like, but those two are DEAD.

If Oda was really playing around to play around with Monet's death with that knife, he'd shown it in the anime directly to give that illusion. But he didn't, and yes, besides filler, I consider the anime to be canon to the manga.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcjFdAcDuVU
    Last edited by Galleon Panthera; June 10th, 2021 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galleon Panthera View Post
    Ugh....here we go again with people claiming Monet is alive. Unless you got actual proof she's actually alive, and not going all "but by this angle, and the way how this was pictured". Really, sorry, that sounds really, REALLY farfetched and reeks of desperation. That and it has been YEARS, and no one, besides hard Monet supporters have been clinging to the possibility of her being alive.

Also for the Logia argument...yes, she is/was a Snow Logia, BUT logias can be HIT if they are unaware of the attack coming. Monet had NO idea that Ceasar had her heart, and even if she wasn't stabbed, she was already injured and planned to blow up the island anyways with a Vergo sliced and diced into pieces and used as decoration on railing. She was going to die no matter what. People can explain all they like, but those two are DEAD.

If Oda was really playing around to play around with Monet's death with that knife, he'd shown it in the anime directly to give that illusion. But he didn't, and yes, besides filler, I consider the anime to be canon to the manga.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcjFdAcDuVU
    You know, sometimes I think Oda had things play out the way he did so that his characters are talked about more. Like I don’t think Pell and Pagaya would have been talked about more if they had died somehow, and now they get referenced all over the place in attempt to discredit how smart Oda is. lol

Discovered Stowaway Galleon Panthera's Avatar

For Carrot to joint Oda would have to do some pretty massive reveals about her and there seems to.nowhere to fit that in Wano at the moment. So she probably would have to stowaway again or a long shot of Luffy sort of treating the situation like with Usopp, taking it as a given that Carrot would keep sailing with the crew but I dont see high chances for it.
    The bolded is what Im pretty much banking on, and why I support both Carrot and Yamato joining. I agree there's not much space anymore for any "fan thought" massive reveals that can shake the New Nakama discussion that would skyrocket Carrot into the stratosphere. Like Shift has already stated himself, and this is where I also put my stand here....the moment the Straw Hats leave Wano and without Carrot, that is the point where I say "Yeah, she's not joining. its done. Over with. "

Unlike Monet supporters, I won't be making the biggest excuses and head canon stories of how Carrot still can join after Wano. No, once the Straw Hats leave Wano without Carrot, again, that is where I draw the line. And this post can be quoted for future reference.

Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    You know, sometimes I think Oda had things play out the way he did so that his characters are talked about more. Like I don’t think Pell and Pagaya would have been talked about more if they had died somehow, and now they get referenced all over the place in attempt to discredit how smart Oda is. lol
    Really, I have nothing against Monet, but there are times people just have to let it go. People wanna doubt Pedro's death, sure, that I can still understand because it happened not so long ago. But, bloody hell, we are going into the Endgame ground of the series. Why does Monet still EVEN matter at this point or Mr Sliced-&-Diced Vergo? Heck, her younger sister is in Impel Down with the rest of the Donquixote Family.

Monet's death....it was all there, the music, the snowfall (ice/snow is a symbolism of death), and hell, you even get to see the cube spiked right down the center, with blood coming out of it, no tricks, no tricky angles, nothing. Just straight down the center, no bars given. And if she was magically surviving that attack, there's still the fact she was in a collapsing building wanting to die and take everyone with her.

Now, Im not going to argue on this matter further. To ME specifically and Im pretty sure to many others, Monet IS DEAD until further notice, or whenever this magical Cover Story has happened.
    Last edited by Galleon Panthera; June 10th, 2021 at 11:56 PM.

Ugh....here we go again with people claiming Monet is alive. Unless you got actual proof she's actually alive, and not going all "but by this angle, and the way how this was pictured". Really, sorry, that sounds really, REALLY farfetched and reeks of desperation.
    If this was Naruto or Hunter Hunter or Promised Neverland, I'd 100% agree she was dead. But this is One Piece. Oda doesn't kill when fainting serves the same purpose. He just doesn't, no matter how far fethched or tension breaking the survivals are, or how much they sabotage future attempts at drama.

He does it consistently even though it makes the story worse for it. But that's how it is.

I don't care at all about Monet. I'd PREFER if she was dead. Pedro too. But they'll be fine eventually all the same.

That and it has been YEARS, and no one, besides hard Monet supporters have been clinging to the possibility of her being alive.
    Mr. 9 and Bellamy were "dead" for a much longer time before they were revealed to be alive. Mr .9 from chapters 111-632. For THIRTEEEN YEARS. And Bellamy was dead almost as long.

Monet and Vergo were only 320 chapters ago. Seven years. Still within this same saga even! They aren't anywhere near the record holders yet.

, and yes, besides filler, I consider the anime to be canon to the manga.
    The anime changes and gets things wrong ALL THE TIME that contradict the manga later. Not to mention the censorship or dropping cover stories. It's a decent adaptation but is in no way canon and Oda doesn't give them notes on a week to week basis..

Heck, even the movies Oda personally wrote himself aren't canon since they just don't fit the timeline.

Why does Monet still EVEN matter at this point or Mr Sliced-&-Diced Vergo?
    They don't matter.

Buggy, Hachi, Jango, Fullbody, Geddatsu, Wapol, Mrs. Goldenweek, Hachi, Enel, CP9 and Caribou didn't matter either.

Their stories were done, they were beaten. Oda had no reason to go back to them.

They still got redemptive, lengthy, cover stories, some ultimately more important than others, Some have come back into the actual story and some have not.

Oda likes keeping all his toys and giving them happy endings or a chance to reform.

Even super minor characters are important to Oda, he goes back to everyone given enough time. Even one chapter characters like Gaimon get revisited.

Heck, her younger sister is in Impel Down with the rest of the Donquixote Family.
    That sounds like a story hook to me.

(And DID they get to Impel Down? Is that 100% confirmed? Jack attacked the ships that were transporting Dofla as I recall.)
    Last edited by Robby; June 11th, 2021 at 01:17 AM.

Was suggested that Yamato can’t join because her face is too similar to Nami’s face and that would cause confusion.

I mean, Oda has admitted that he has gotten frustrated over not finding more beautiful female faces he likes drawing, so I doubt he would let that shortcoming stop him, in addition to how he can stylize hair, clothing, etc.

Week 3 Yamato's face looked too much like Nami's, legit criticism.

Week 43, not so much.

They're easy to tell apart now, Oda's subtly tweaked the design a lot so even the extreme closeups are different now.

And anything that's a medium shot or further there's no confusion at all cause then you see the horns and hairstyle and clothes and height.

Closed Thread

Thread Information