View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

62 39.74%
  • Shinobu

1 0.64%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc.)

1 0.64%
  • Momo

5 3.21%
  • Tama

6 3.85%
  • Carrot

35 22.44%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

1 0.64%
  • Caribou

2 1.28%
  • Other

14 8.97%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

29 18.59%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

I've said this before but I'll say it again: the fact that Oda chose to delay Jinbe's toast yet again, even with him right there, added on to Yamato putting a lampshade on the topic, has made the possibility of two people joining the crew stronger than ever. The only question in my mind is, is Carrot going to have her moment to shine and assume her place as the Tenth, or was Oda always intending to cram Yamato in before they left Wano? Because I sincerely don't think we'll get "The Ninth, Tenth and Eleventh" all together.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

I also think we won't see a full SH spread for some time.
    I'm expecting a villain spread or Scabbards spread for next week.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

I think we'll get a Strawhat spread by the end of the arc bc it's going to be a complete crew, a very special moment/spread
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

It could be a WCI spread as ODa did spreads like that to celebrate arcs since FI

Has Oda ever done a colorpread for a chapter without Luffy? I can't remember any.

Quote Originally Posted by Claudio View Post
    Has Oda ever done a colorpread for a chapter without Luffy? I can't remember any.
    I remember one with the schichibukai

There was a color spread with Big Mom, Namo, Robin, Perona etc that didnt have luffy
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Quote Originally Posted by Kfunk View Post
    I remember one with the schichibukai
    Thanks. My memory has been really failing me lately. I shouldn't have forgotten that one.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by ArmamentHero View Post
    There was a color spread with Big Mom, Namo, Robin, Perona etc that didnt have luffy
    I rember that one but techninally it did have Luffy.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I rember that one but techninally it did have Luffy.
    Yeah, kinda sorta lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    I've said this before but I'll say it again: the fact that Oda chose to delay Jinbe's toast yet again, even with him right there, added on to Yamato putting a lampshade on the topic, has made the possibility of two people joining the crew stronger than ever. The only question in my mind is, is Carrot going to have her moment to shine and assume her place as the Tenth, or was Oda always intending to cram Yamato in before they left Wano? Because I sincerely don't think we'll get "The Ninth, Tenth and Eleventh" all together.
    Hey it could totally happen:p

My thought in it is that Jinbe and Yamato would join, but then Carrot would pull off the same stowaway stunt before WCI and mirror the exact moment Inu/Neko did twice to Oden lol. Kind of very in-character for her

Luffy doesn't need "Oden" though so a parallel with Carrot joining because of that, can't happen.

Luffy doesn't need "Oden" though so a parallel with Carrot joining because of that, can't happen.
    Except, like I said, she already did it before WCI. Its not just a Neko/Inu trait. She did it already before they ever shown to, chapter wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    I thought the Nami face meme would die down a lil, but it's still going. She has horns, so Oda tried. They gotta RELAX

https://i.imgur.com/dY2nXuJ.jpg
    Man this is perfect

they look way to similar!

if she had a unique design that was different from the rest I'd be totally on board by now, but how the hell are we supposed to know the diffrence

sucks because everything else just screams next crewmate

Quote Originally Posted by Gia Sado View Post
    Except, like I said, she already did it before WCI. Its not just a Neko/Inu trait. She did it already before they ever shown to, chapter wise.
    Yeah but that had nothing to do with following "Oden" or anyone really(she just wanted to adventure) so it wasn't a parallel to Dogstorm and Catviper following Oden.

Yeah but that had nothing to do with following "Oden" or anyone really(she just wanted to adventure) so it wasn't a parallel to Dogstorm and Catviper following Oden.
    It does though. Its a parallel Oda has made between these minks. It has nothing to do with Oden.

Hey it could totally happen:p

My thought in it is that Jinbe and Yamato would join, but then Carrot would pull off the same stowaway stunt before WCI and mirror the exact moment Inu/Neko did twice to Oden lol. Kind of very in-character for her
    Carrot stowing away is a distinct possibility, though I personally hope her joining would be more above board: her asking, him asking, them asking at the same time maybe.

And sure, Yamato joining could happen. But after ten years of waiting for Jinbe and three years on the Carrot bandwagon, Yamato's entrance seems way too blunt to me. Yeah, on paper he/she seems great, and had he/she had been woven into the story properly like Oda's clearly capable of, instead of on fast forward, I might have been down for him/her. But it feels waaay too easy here.

Tin foil hat talking, but I get the feeling Oda wanted to set up the idea of the tenth person joining right after Jinbe, so he postponed Jinbe's toast and had Yamato put the idea out in the open. But Carrot's the one he introduced years ago, set up on the adventure relatively early and ingrained into the group's dynamics. She's been in the cards a long time now, and if Oda was going to introduce the last member and give them time to acclimate, that was just about the right time frame to do it. Too soon and Jinbe's absence would be even more palpable. Too late, like the climax of Wano, and their place doesn't feel earned.

In my eyes, the crew sketches in Data Book Green are the Rosetta Stone to this discussion. I fully believe Oda had some semblance of Jinbe and the tenth person planned out from the beginning, hence why they were erased and there were only eight plus Luffy. If Yamato was actually the tenth, he/she would have had some presence in Oda's plans from all the way back then, and he wouldn't have waited this long to get him/her into the story. Yamato is a means to an end, not the final result.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

It does though. Its a parallel Oda has made between these minks. It has nothing to do with Oden.
    Carrot tagged along to adventure. Catviper and Dogstorm followed Oden. It's not the same.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

The complete lack of Carrot in the newest Opening kinda makes me think she has lots of random appearances in the manga just cause the editor likes her so much, and no other reason in particular.

I've sat on the idea of Yamato the past two weeks and honestly I like the character a lot more in just the few chapters. While the face was a bummer, but still find them more interesting than any other character introduced

A Nami-face, a design built on established characters, no foreshadowing, overlapping "Ace will take me to sea" story with Tama, and now a nickname from Luffy. Not sure what people are seeing that I'm not.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information