View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
305. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

148 48.52%
  • Shinobu

1 0.33%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc.)

1 0.33%
  • Momo

8 2.62%
  • Tama

7 2.30%
  • Carrot

61 20.00%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 2.30%
  • Caribou

5 1.64%
  • Other

23 7.54%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

44 14.43%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 284 of 284 FirstFirst ... 184 234 274 282 283 284
Results 5,661 to 5,676 of 5676

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Did Buggy know that was Roger's hat?
    He attacked the hat just because Luffy reacted to it, and when Luffy name droppped Shanks he just went "Shanks? No wonder this hat looked familiar, that guy's a douche"

When we see kid Shanks he already has the hat, we don't know when Roger gave him the hat but I'd guess before Buggy joined the crew.

The more important thing is did he know it was a plot important macguffin. Nah but Buggy made it abundantly clear that he sees no sentimental value in things other people cherish, only gold and jewels are treasures to his mind, a hat is trash even if it was an important hat

Once the Straw Hat is fully revealed as some extremely important token or artefact, Its gonna be fun to reminisce about the time Buggy hocked a loogie on it

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Once the Straw Hat is fully revealed as some extremely important token or artefact, Its gonna be fun to reminisce about the time Buggy hocked a loogie on it
    Watch it be a key to the altar of ze saviour. A big strawhat shaped hole in the stone altar. And it isn't made out of straw at all. It is super secret moon technology! With authentic Buggy spit on the brim. A real collectors item

So Luffy seems to have allies or at least friends of every race

Fishmen and Mermaids - Jinbei and his Fishman Island allies
    Long Arm - Ideo
    Long Leg - Blue Gilly
    Dwarves - Tontatta pirates
    Giants -New Giant Warrior Pirates
    Mink's - all there allies from Zou
    Sky People - all there allies from Skypeia

so far they have yet to become allies with a three eyed (unless you count pudding) and a long neck

after that there are two more unknown races (One of which King is part of) do you think these neglected races will eventually become allies or friends with the Straw Hats?

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Theres a bunch more races out there. Not even sure all of them will show up.

Wotans, kinokobito, automated, Birkans (supposedly all wiped put), etc.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Any news on Yamato's voice actor/actress? I wonder how much input Oda has had outside of Kazuki Yao who does Jango, Bon Clay, and Franky.
    Bounty: 382M Quirks: High Places | Garchu
    Roles: Ship Guard | Ship's Cat | Lookout
    Clues: Ch 175 | Statue | Foxy Flag | Paw DF
    Dreams: Travel w/ PK | The Dawn
    Survival: Moon Resurrection | Will of P

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Rich View Post
    Any news on Yamato's voice actor/actress? I wonder how much input Oda has had outside of Kazuki Yao who does Jango, Bon Clay, and Franky.
    We will hear about that closer to when he is introduced so once we reach Onigashima and people sneak in & we see all the Flying Six.

Personally Romi Park would be a great choice IMO.

Known for Edward Elric, Toshiro Hitsugaya, Hange, Naoto Shirogane, Zidane Tribal, Koichi, and IMO one of her best and most underrated LORAN Cehack.

Well, as you noted, they did Loran which was notably a sort of dual gender role, so I could see that working.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I imagine a deeper, gruff voice will be used at first, just to keep the daughter reveal more unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    I imagine a deeper, gruff voice will be used at first, just to keep the daughter reveal more unexpected.
    They'll be underneath a mask, that can distort it. They won't have to be disguised for long.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

He picked Luffy's VA I'm pretty sure. The manga creators are usually involved in the casting process at least a little, even if they're not in on the auditions. They can give their top choices to be considered, at the very least.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
    We will hear about that closer to when he is introduced so once we reach Onigashima and people sneak in & we see all the Flying Six.

Known for Edward Elric, Toshiro Hitsugaya, Hange, Naoto Shirogane, Zidane Tribal, Koichi, and IMO one of her best and most underrated LORAN Cehack.
    Oden flashback should be ending in about 1 month, so maybe in 2-3 months?

Romi Park you say...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Well, as you noted, they did Loran which was notably a sort of dual gender role, so I could see that working.
    https://youtu.be/a74H6Z_qLPs

After hearing Loran Cehack, I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    Not sure if it's necessary since there are Japanese women who voice male characters all the time. Though, I could see this for other dubs in different languages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    They'll be underneath a mask, that can distort it. They won't have to be disguised for long.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

He picked Luffy's VA I'm pretty sure. The manga creators are usually involved in the casting process at least a little, even if they're not in on the auditions. They can give their top choices to be considered, at the very least.
    That makes sense. It's his creation. So which role played by Mayumi Tanaka may have been why she was chosen?

Maybe Ryota from Dr. Slump? Straw hat alert!

Krillin from Dragonball? Koenma from Yu Yu Hakusho? I'm not sure but I surmise Oda would pick someone that he listened to in his childhood.
    Bounty: 382M Quirks: High Places | Garchu
    Roles: Ship Guard | Ship's Cat | Lookout
    Clues: Ch 175 | Statue | Foxy Flag | Paw DF
    Dreams: Travel w/ PK | The Dawn
    Survival: Moon Resurrection | Will of P

That makes sense. It's his creation. So which role played by Mayumi Tanaka may have been why she was chosen?

Maybe Ryota from Dr. Slump? Straw hat alert!

Krillin from Dragonball? Koenma from Yu Yu Hakusho? I'm not sure but I surmise Oda would pick someone that he listened to in his childhood.
    Probably Krillin, Oda actually told Akira that he never read Dr Slump haha, dont know if that means he never watched the anime either though.

Speaking of voice actors...
    Megumi Han got a very warm welcome by the staff when she joined team.

drawn by Usopps voice actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    Probably Krillin, Oda actually told Akira that he never read Dr Slump haha, dont know if that means he never watched the anime either though.

Speaking of voice actors...
    Megumi Han got a very warm welcome by the staff when she joined team.
    https://i.imgur.com/QlS8tD6.png

drawn by Usopps voice actor.
    Even though they were altogether at the start because of a job, it’s cool to see a friendly atmosphere over other voice actors joining the cast. I remember it being noted that some party was held after the straw hats were separated actually. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post

Romi would be perfect, I can see her using her Sailor Uranus Voice as well for Yamato.

Edit: Nope I got her confused with Megumi Ogata my bad (she would be a great choice too) but I'd be here for Romi tho.

It really makes me wonder if anyone knew in advance that Daisuke Gōri, may he rest in peace, was intended to play a Straw Hat after his other roles on the show. Did Katsuhisa Hōki know all those years ago?

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information