View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
242. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

101 41.74%
  • Shinobu

1 0.41%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc.)

1 0.41%
  • Momo

8 3.31%
  • Tama

7 2.89%
  • Carrot

53 21.90%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 2.89%
  • Caribou

3 1.24%
  • Other

22 9.09%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

39 16.12%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Quote Originally Posted by RobinotX View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised Carrot and Yamato both joined.

Yamato
    Currently I need a bit more chapters to see if Yamato is indeed the Oden to Luffy's crew (if he gets one) or are they going to be the one helping out Momo after they got rid of the Animal Kingdom Pirates and Orochi's Army? But that really will be based on how they will develop further.

Carrot
    I have seen a lot of reasons in the previous topic of why she wouldn't join. But her inclusion in the Whole Cake Island arc has been quite confusing to me and her having a backstory that is has been in the present wouldn't change much to me. Plus, she can still have something in her past that we don't know. Hell Luffy's background story wasn't that crazy untill we saw more after the war so. It will be very important what kind of fight she will have and what development she will have during the war.

Oh well we will find out :). Currently both contenders are quite interesting! (I only include Yamato and Carrot for now).

I recently have been thinking that the last Admiral could be an interesting contender for fourth and last nakama. As it seems he is a womanizer and both Sanji and Brook were that as well (this is a Shower thought ;) )
    I'm in this camp. I think Carrot and maybe Yamato will join.

What's important imo is that their fighting styles are very different from anything we have in the crew right now. Carrot is a very speedy brawler with an emphasis on aerial combat compared to Jinbe who's more of a heavy/tank that specializes in underwater combst., with Sanji being somewhere in-between kind of like a beefy Red Mage. Zoro uses a katana for hack n slash attacks while Brook uses a fencing sword to pierce opponents. However we don't have a melee weapon fighter with a blunt weapon.... yet. Then Yamato just happened to show up now.

I think Jinbe, Carrot, and Yamato joining in the New World would form some kind of recurring theme:. Fisher Tiger/Otohime's Will ---> Jinbe, Pedro's Will ---> Carrot, Oden's Will ---> Yamato

I guess I'm in the minority but I'm seeing all these people on different forums saying Yamato "inherited" Oden's will in the same vein as Luffy/Ace, Chopper/Hiluluk, Franky/Tom. etc. I think that does a disservice to the latter relationships since, as far as we can tell Yamato just thought Oden was cool and never even interacted with the guy. When compared to every other relationship crewmembers have with their respective family/mentor figures it's incredibly shallow. It's like saying pre-Dressrosa Barto had "inherited Luffy's will"
    Not even Naruto resorted to time travel

you're not the only one Kurloz
    PSN: The_BlueOGRE
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/blueogre

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Luffy wouldn’t want spoilers, which is why I don’t think they’d use it (plus it would make their search for the Road Poneglpyhs meaningless)

I would assume any other individual would want it, Emperors or Supernova or the WG or literally anyone else. If word got out, whoever has it would have an X on their back.
    i know Luffy doesn't want spoilers for what the One Piece/if it really exists, but i don't think he'd be opposed to using Oden's log book for how to get to Laugh Tale in the first place. like technically the Straw Hats finding out about the Road Ponegliff's on Zou and not Lode Star is a spoiler, and Luffy didn't seem to mind then.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    https://twitter.com/ochimusha108/sta...236189184?s=21

Greg about Jinbeis color, I know monquito will at least find this interesting, colors seems to be his fav subject
    But Greg's speaking of image/scenario.

my color theory's basis is that these colors;

Are given according to personality traits, and the Japanese do believe colors are strongly tied to personality.
    for which I still believe Jinbe is getting brown ​in any of the upcoming SBS's.

If colors and animals can be changed as the story progresses, they don't seem that relevant

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    If colors and animals can be changed as the story progresses, they don't seem that relevant
    their SBS colors have never ​been changed.

Next chapter (in two weeks) has a color spread, so we have a chance of seeing Jinbe's official color there somehow.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by JDub View Post
    the official translation literally says very important things and that shit made me laugh. there is almost certainly information about getting to Laugh Tale in that book.

which then would add to Yamato’s case probably, because he has an intimate knowledge of the text and would serve as the crew’s guide to Laugh Tale.
    I realize that this is purely speculation on your part, but as a reader, I'd feel just as robbed hearing anything about Laugh Tale from Yamato as Luffy would've felt hearing it from Rayleigh. We know the road poneglyphs are needed to help locate it. The SHs themselves need to figure out the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurloz View Post
    Anyway I still believe the last nakama will be whoever gets the paw fruit, assuming it passed on at all considering Kuma is in a weird braindead cyborg limbo. Sayonara to anyone who doesn't have it
    The paw fruit is a hack/plot fruit just like Perona's, Hancock's, Viola's, Sugar's, etc. Being able to launch your opponent to another island hundreds of miles away is an instant "I win" power that the SHs don't enjoy.

I wonder who the people who vote "Other" or "a Supernova/a Red Scabbard" expect to join.

I've hinted mine. What about others' bets?
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    I wonder who the people who vote "Other" or "a Supernova/a Red Scabbard" expect to join.

I've hinted mine. What about others' bets?
    Who I want: Sir Crocodile

Who I actually think will join: Some character we’ve yet to see, or possibly Vegapunk or maybe Kuma’s consciousness in a new body (probably not though)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post

Who I actually think will join: Some character we’ve yet to see, or possibly Vegapunk or maybe Kuma’s consciousness in a new body (probably not though)
    I'm pretty sure Croc will return in next saga. His story seems linked to the Revolutionaries somehow. I don't expect him to be a big villain, more like a grey presence in the story. He may even be the character that teaches Luffy and Chopper about awakening DFs, acting as some sort of evil mentor. But joining? I doubt it, thought wouldn't mind him as some sort of ally.

I think Vegapunk will become an ally of the revolutionaries. As for Kuma... Well, that one we need to wait and see Bonnie's story.

Quote Originally Posted by JDub View Post
    the official translation literally says very important things and that shit made me laugh. there is almost certainly information about getting to Laugh Tale in that book.

which then would add to Yamato’s case probably, because he has an intimate knowledge of the text and would serve as the crew’s guide to Laugh Tale.
    Considering the last 5 years of his life were spent dancing naked in the streets, I wouldn't be surprised if it was filled with how he improved his wacky dancing each day.

Carrot is 10, but Yamato could be 11. Vivi will rejoin as the last member I’m pretty sure.

Yamato has been more intriguing in ten pages than Carrot has the entire five years we've known her.

Also he actually had a conversation with Luffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Croco-boy is still one of the very few villains that Luffy a) remembers clearly and b) actively hates so udner what circumstances would this work?

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    I'm pretty sure Croc will return in next saga. His story seems linked to the Revolutionaries somehow. I don't expect him to be a big villain, more like a grey presence in the story. He may even be the character that teaches Luffy and Chopper about awakening DFs, acting as some sort of evil mentor. But joining? I doubt it, thought wouldn't mind him as some sort of ally.

I think Vegapunk will become an ally of the revolutionaries. As for Kuma... Well, that one we need to wait and see Bonnie's story.
    I can't see another Shichibukai or Supernova joining the crew. Sometimes I see people mention how convenient it is that Bonney doesn't seem to have a crew anymore but even then I can't see her joining. She's 100% reliant on her overpowered DF to turn people into babies/old people and hasn't demonstrated much else in terms of combat. People already complain about how Robin doesn't get enough fights with Bonney it'd be 1000% worse if she joined.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    The paw fruit is a hack/plot fruit just like Perona's, Hancock's, Viola's, Sugar's, etc. Being able to launch your opponent to another island hundreds of miles away is an instant "I win" power that the SHs don't enjoy.
    Haki. Also just because someone eats a fruit doesn't mean they've instantly mastered all its powers. One of the things that really annoyed me about Sabo eating Ace's fruit is that he seems WAY too proficient for a DF he literally just ate. Compare that to Tashigi being swapped into Smoker's body and having no idea how to use his logia powers. If someone eats Kuma's fruit, I hope there's a steep learning curve and Sabo being Ace 2.0 was an exception.

Just some pet speculation but I think it'd be cool if Carrot ate Kuma's fruit and combined the paw abilities with electro. Seems like a great way to take a fruit we already know and use it in a lot of new and creative ways. She also tends to wear the gauntlets/gloves already.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Yamato has been more intriguing in ten pages than Carrot has the entire five years we've known her.

Also he actually had a conversation with Luffy.
    Personally, I think the naminess completly annihilates Yamato's chances.

But one very curious and impressive thing about Yamato, is that he was written to avoid any other SH or ally(at all), to be introduced right beside and to interact specifically with Luffy himself.

Contrary to Carrot, who literally met with every other SH first, and only met with Luffy last, whom with barely interacted with in her introduction arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Personally, I think the naminess completly annihilates Yamato's chances.

But one very curious and impressive thing about Yamato, is that he was written to avoid any other SH or ally(at all), to be introduced right beside and to interact specifically with Luffy himself.

Contrary to Carrot, who literally met with every other SH first, and only met with Luffy last, whom with barely interacted with in her introduction arc.
    I'm actually thinking Yamato is pretty distinguishable from Nami, etc. Everything else I pretty much agree.

Though I'm still going to wait and see where this plot line goes before jumping on the hype train.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

It's become pretty clear that one of Oda's biggest faults is the general sameness of his attractive female designs. Since the timeskip redesign, I've seen Robin as looking far less distinct than she used to be, with the way her nose is drawn being less noticeable without the bangs. Yamato's face has enough going for it, in particular the thick eyebrows, to make her distinct enough from generic Nami/Shirahoshi/Rebecca face. It's really just a trope of Oda at this point that I don't think it should be reason enough to count her out of the running, especially considering a lot of the other unique visual traits she has (hair tuft, dreads?, horns), just stuck on Oda's usual hourglass attractive female frame.

In 10 panels she's been more engaging than Carrot's been in 5 years. Once Wano is opened up, Momo's gonna take on leading the country with the help of the Akazaya, which would free up Yamato to chronicle the adventures of the next pirate king in the same fashion as Oden did with Roger.

I thought the things Kuma did was because how good he used it and not because the DF. Many of those things the Kuma did require precision. Is G2, 3, and 4 given at the beginning or do they have to work to get to those applications if they even even think to use it that way?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information