View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
288. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

135 46.88%
  • Shinobu

1 0.35%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc.)

1 0.35%
  • Momo

8 2.78%
  • Tama

7 2.43%
  • Carrot

60 20.83%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 2.43%
  • Caribou

4 1.39%
  • Other

23 7.99%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

42 14.58%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 195 of 243 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 197 205 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,900 of 4856

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Will every Beast Pirate stay the same if and when Kaido is defeated? Even the WB Pirates are free. If some were to join Law or Kid, I wouldn't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Oda loves redeeming villains to an extent.
    Redeeming=/=Joining the people that contributed to my suffering

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I'm not getting on the Yamato becoming captain of Beast Pirates bandwagon, but that's a pretty absurd comparison. She has history with them and Oda loves redeeming villains to an extent. If any of them can be redeemed, then it's not out of the realm of Oda's writing for Yamato to be the leader of such rehabilitation. I don't think it's going to happen, but we don't know enough about Yamato's history with the rest of the crew to say it's completely out of line. I mean, even Nami was able to forgive Hachi. It's not impossible.
    Yamato tied them up and gaged them with Ace, forgiveness is one thing it’s a Luffy tier stretch to say that Yamato just gonna lead them when he himself wants nothing to do with them.

Considering a good amount of the Beats Pirates have been show to have been former crews they could just join up with those banners or just stop being Pirates, none of the Beats Pirates have really been portrayed pleasant or redeemable besides random mooks/nobodies who just moments ago are partying wasting food that the citizens of Wano are slaving to make or go hungry over no food like Tama taking it for granted.

The Beast Pirates are no Pudding, no Katakuri he’ll no Pekoms.
    Last edited by Jaime; January 12th, 2021 at 02:50 PM.

I just want to make sure we’re all on the same page here, when the last member does officially join we’re still gonna have this thread open for a while longer so the winners can gloat, right?

I find it hard to see how Yamato leading the Beast Pirates would help progress the path to the Dawn for them. Yamato is interested in pursuing that which Oden and Roger sought.

And after chapter 1000 where Yamato heard Ace mention Luffy's [other] dream and shedding tears at the overwhelming/inspiring nature of it, Yamato seems destined to follow the path Oden did. Yamato has some idea as to what is at stake thanks to Oden's journal and the importance of Luffy whom Yamato has realised is the person Oden and Roger were waiting for. Yamato has been waiting for Luffy because of that. Yamato has been preparing themselves to assist Luffy. And what better way to assist Luffy (and the SHP) than to join him on his journey?

Yamato's presence in the crew could ensure that when the Straw Hat Pirates reach Laugh Tale they are prepared to continue moving forward beyond what the Roger Pirates were able to do (they were too early and unaware of how everything connected together). Yamato will clearly be a benefit in terms of story relevance (and fight capabilities) to the Straw Hat Pirates if they were to join the crew.

If Yamato doesn't join the crew then I think he will lead the 'New Beast Pirates' which would just be made up of all the remaining members. Not the calamities but more like the gifters and some headliners and the like. Then they can become Wano's navy and also part of the Grand Fleet, seeing as Sai was leader of Kano's navy and also part of the Grand Fleet (although he may have given that up? Wano are friends with the Straw Hats though so they may not mind).

Of course, that's assuming Yamato doesn't join.

I do think that something worth considering that I don't see anyone really bring up is how Oda will deal with the Beast Pirates post-Wano. Presumably Luffy will kick them all out of the country and Kaido will either die or have to retreat, but what's to stop them from just returning after Luffy and co leave? Every villain has had an explanation for why they never go back when defeated (although Krieg and Kuro's are somewhat weak but its also early One Piece). How will Oda make it so the Beast Pirates stop being a threat when they are beaten? Yamato taking over is one way to do that.

Only Kaido is a threat, and he will be gone.

Only two scabbards alone were capable of defeating one Calamity.

Tamas mindrape power never ceases to be creepy

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    We have already seen some of the beast pirates are integrated with Wano's society, Sarahebi is a teacher, the goons were relieved they didn't have to fight each other after Orochis death, and the pirates and samurai have been seen side to side in Kuri since the start of the arc, sure most of the beast pirates are assholes, but they're still humans, and like we saw with Denjiro and Sasaki, some of them are (were) friends. I reckon the goons who almost got killed by Queen's ice oni virus would happily join Yamato on his adventures...
    I think that's fair, the Beast Pirates definitely became a big part of Wano's culture.

I personally see it as a means for change though, since Wano's entire society is going to be turned upside down and anything that existed before will be changed moving forward. Beast pirates being separated again from their society, the integration of the non-Flower capital citizens back into the capital, the reintroduction of Hyogoro and the Yakuza bosses, the entire opening up of Wano's borders etc. I don't think the Beast Pirates necessarily need to be brought back; though I fully understand the point you make and I think Oda would consider it as well. He's a sucker for redeeming the bad guys, I can totally see it happening.

I think that if any Beast Pirates end up following under Yamato, it would be much like the relationship between Luffy and the Grand Fleet. He'd just let them do their thing more than take them all under his wing.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Tamas mindrape power never ceases to be creepy
    Part of me agrees and doesn't like it being in One Piece. Part of me wants Oda to take it to the darkest places just for the sake of unbridled chaos and unpredictability.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Only two scabbards alone were capable of defeating one Calamity.
    That's kind of unfair to say "only two scabbards", as it were two of the four strongest scabbards using their limited super mode after Jack had already fought the entire mink tribe.

But whatever.

I feel Yamato will start his own crew. Maybe even with Tama and Carrot. The New Dawn Pirates or something.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Hi to everyone.
    I was thinking about something. Yamato and Carrot, if they donīt join to the crew. Who will join ??? Maybe, Oda will show a new girl character with all the corrrect things to become a nakama. But, i donīt think that will happen. I think, the gilr who will join should be someone that we met before. Like Vivi, Monet, Tama, Boa... ETC. Is only an idea.
    Thanks for read!
    I am reading One Piece with my girlfriend !

Quote Originally Posted by flagandhat View Post
    Hi to everyone.
    I was thinking about something. Yamato and Carrot, if they donīt join to the crew. Who will join ??? Maybe, Oda will show a new girl character with all the corrrect things to become a nakama. But, i donīt think that will happen. I think, the gilr who will join should be someone that we met before. Like Vivi, Monet, Tama, Boa... ETC. Is only an idea.
    Thanks for read!
    I fully expect Vivi to be returning to the story post-Wano, regardless of what happens re: Carrot and Yamato.

Black tea is best enjoyed with one's fellow monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by flagandhat View Post
    Hi to everyone.
    Thanks for read!
    My bet is on Hancock.

Thought I also think Vivi will travel with the crew again (thought her status is special).
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

I feel like Vivi has a very good reason to go to Laugh Tale given her status as a Nefertari, descendants of one of the 20 families that founded the WG and were involved in the void century, as well as the fact that she's likely to be a political figurehead for whatever replaces the WG at the end of the series. Oda is definitely setting her up for an expanded role given recent events.

The BP are guatanteed to disolve without their grand leader, making them a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    The BP are guatanteed to disolve without their grand leader, making them a non-issue.
    Agreed. The ones who haven't been made unwilling slaves of Tama that is.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    Since Wano never seemed to have a navy, and they don't seem knowledgeable about naval warfare or sailing either, it would be great for the country if Yamato leads the remaining beast pirates as Wano's very own fleet, kind of similar to the happo navy, Yamato becomes an admiral, the remaining beast pirates can repent their sins working for Wano, and the wanonians can learn how to forgive and Momo get's his very own fleet he can sail into the final war, win win.
    LOL

Why would the remaining Beast pirates turn the other leaf after Kaido loses and decide to protect Wano and be their navy when before they pretty much had free reign and their own agenda as pirates?

Was Kaido hypnotizing them the entire time too?

I cant imagine Queen playing Wano vice admiral and fighting off pirates. Pretty sure he'd try to experiment on civilians.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Freedom, sailing and adventuring doesn't seem best achieved in my view by giving Yamato responsibility over a navy fleet which would ultimately continue to limit Yamato in what they can do. It seems opposed to the grand adventurous life Yamato seeks.

Yamato's story appears more directed toward sailing with characters whom they are more intimate with. The superior/subordinate relationship the Navy Fleet leader position embodies runs in conflict with how Oda has been writing Yamato's story.

Marco alongside Chopper and Law (and Masked Deuce if he appears) could end up curing the Pleasures and those impacted by the SMILE fruit side-effects unless of course this story thread runs further into the story ultimately being remedied in the arc Vegapunk is featured in (with Chopper developing a cure for the SMILE fruit side-effects in this arc). The Pleasures along with the Beast Pirate Waiters saved from the Ice Oni Plague would end up feeling gratitude towards their saviors (Chopper, Marco and the Minks). Once Kaido is defeated and the members of the Beast Pirates have time to reflect on their action and reevaluate their choices, they may end up deciding to stay and assist Wano Kuni in their rebuilding and protection (Onigashima Island may cause some damage to the Flower Capital). If the Samurai and Ninja who betrayed the Kozuki Family are brought back into the Wano faction once Momonosuke becomes Shogun (including the Kurozumi members), I can also see an exception being made for the Beast Pirates who wish to repent for their past actions. The Headliners/SMILE fruit users would be pacified by Tama.

Luffy once defeating Kaido and Momonosuke once becoming Shogun of Wano could end up claiming Sphinx as an Island under their protection allowing Marco the option to assist Wano. Ultimately, with the experience Marco has and any potential guilt at not being able to help Wano Kuni earlier, he could end up forming the Wano Navy Fleet with the Beast Pirates and Samurai/Ninja/Minks.

The Tobiroppo could escape Wano Kuni once defeated and continue their own adventure on the Grandline if they are not apprehended by the Marines or Sword. Ulti and Page One may have a different story being set-up for them. The All Stars will likely be captured unless Big Mom saves King and takes him with her when she makes her escape from Wano Kuni.

The masked who now?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information