View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
281. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

130 46.26%
  • Shinobu

1 0.36%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc.)

1 0.36%
  • Momo

8 2.85%
  • Tama

7 2.49%
  • Carrot

59 21.00%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 2.49%
  • Caribou

4 1.42%
  • Other

22 7.83%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

42 14.95%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 215 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Well, if Kaido never allowed Yamato to sail out there, tecnically she wouldn't know how to be a pirate, so Apprentice would fit her well.

I also been thinking that if Yamato has a dinosaur or mythological devil fruit, is going blast her already growing fanbase.
    the iconic T-Rex is still missing...

But I think she would be perfect fit with a tiger zoan, she could have the kanji for King on her forehead between her fringe (like real tigers), fits with the oni theme and maybe that could be reason Oda dropped the black cat zoan for marguerite... would have too many cats other wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    the iconic T-Rex is still missing...

But I think she would be perfect fit with a tiger zoan, she could have the kanji for King on her forehead between her fringe (like real tigers), fits with the oni theme and maybe that could be reason Oda dropped the black cat zoan for marguerite... would have too many cats other wise.
    Oda is anti-cliche, T-Rex and Lion devil fruits are expected to never show up.

a Tiger would be nice, but with Zoro and Law around I don't know, a mythological might be best for her.

I still want a logia just because it'll be a nice evening out of powers and abilities for the crew, getting a nice synergy going. I think by this point they're not too OP that one couldn't be on the crew, so hopefully it will be tame enough for it to be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Oda is anti-cliche, T-Rex and Lion devil fruits are expected to never show up.
    Oh, they're ABSOLUTELY going to show up... but he's saving Lion for someone big... unless Gold SHiki already semi-claimed it. Heck, the first named color walk was Lion.

T-Rex is a little rougher, if they don't show up this arc then when? But considering we all assumed for years Drake was a T-Rex, only for him to be officially demoted to the similar but smaller Allosaurus, well...
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Idk about the T-Rex, but I think Avalon Pizarro is a good fit for the Lion and it would give his Corrupt King moniker the Scar vibes, but maybe that's me
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Oh, they're ABSOLUTELY going to show up... but he's saving Lion for someone big... unless Gold SHiki already semi-claimed it. Heck, the first named color walk was Lion.

T-Rex is a little rougher, if they don't show up this arc then when? But considering we all assumed for years Drake was a T-Rex, only for him to be officially demoted to the similar but smaller Allosaurus, well...
    Nah, he's definitely avoiding it, more or less the same can be said for Gorilla and Crocodile Devil fruits, which are along with lions a massive cliche for fictional powers. Oda is the kind who picks up an Axolotl instead.
    Way before making a guy with a lion devil frui, he made a lion with a turtle devil fruin instead, and with the bunch of lion based characters around, from Ritchie to Holdem, seems like Oda is only willing to go for lions as long as he can get away with making them weird or funny.

The only ones who could have the t-rex are the 3 Tobi Roppos left to show their powers, but from what we've seen so far, seems like Oda is picking less popular dinosaurs and giving them a chance.

Maybe Oda doesn't want to reuse the dinosaurs we've seen at Little Garden.

"There will be an answer, let it be."

Not too sure that I want Yamato to have Devil Fruit powers, personally, but eh...

A lion zoan feels pretty much inevitable, but I don't know that a t-rex zoan would do anything that we're not already getting from Drake - they're different animals, obviously, but not so visually distinct that I can see it being noticeable for most readers (unless, like me, you're a dinosaur nerd and are really paying attention to the number of fingers on his hand when he transforms).

Black tea is best enjoyed with one's fellow monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    Maybe Oda doesn't want to reuse the dinosaurs we've seen at Little Garden.
    I wouldn't see much of a point in that. Especially since he has reused animals. I'm pretty sure he's reused all of the CP9 Zoans through the SMILEs
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by LordButler View Post
    I still want a logia just because it'll be a nice evening out of powers and abilities for the crew, getting a nice synergy going. I think by this point they're not too OP that one couldn't be on the crew, so hopefully it will be tame enough for it to be possible.
    I was thinking Luffy's "awakening" would sort of make him a "logia" so if that happens would that change your mind?

I don't think that's how that works. For one, it has to be a natural substance, and although there is natural rubber, a lot of what Luffy does is very man-made. Heck, he calls his haki-infused gomus "vulcanized" at one point. Another thing, there's a difference between natural logia powers and awakening the environment around you to match your respective powers. One is an extension of one's self and the other is a changing of the environment itself.

Yeah I meant a "logia" in the sense that he will be able to make his body liquid-like and such. Katakuri was initially called a "logia" then changed to "special paramecia". I don't expect Luffy's "awakening" to be like Doflamingo and Katakuri's though; It just doesn't suit him.

When did "vulcanization" come up with Luffy's attacks? Just curious; I don't remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    I wouldn't see much of a point in that. Especially since he has reused animals. I'm pretty sure he's reused all of the CP9 Zoans through the SMILEs
    Well, dinosaurs are somewhat special, I'd say.
    I mean we had Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus and Pterodactylus in Little Garden, and got Brachiosaurus, Pteranodon and Allosaurus in Wano.
    I think it's weird not to use the first three as Devil Fruits, since they are more prominent, in my opinion.

"There will be an answer, let it be."

Quote Originally Posted by Claudio View Post
    When did "vulcanization" come up with Luffy's attacks? Just curious; I don't remember that.
    I don't think it ever did.

I recall that "vulcanization" was a kind of fan-theorized power-up around the timeskip that gained some traction for a while when Hardened Armament Haki was first showing up (when Luffy was the only one doing it and we didn't really know what it was yet), but I don't think it was ever something mentioned in-series... Luffy's powers have always been more tilted toward the properties of vulcanized rubber than of natural rubber.

It might be my mistake, but I remember in the anime when they were first heading towards Fishman Island someone on the crew (Nami, I think?) comments on Luffy's haki infused giganto pistol as being vulcanized.

People were using the parallel of Oden as an excuse for Momo to join.

Now Yamato is a thing.

Vulcanization was a thing even earlier than that, I remember it being a popular topic here around W7/enies lobby and with gear 2.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    People were using the parallel of Oden as an excuse for Momo to join.

Now Yamato is a thing.
    Is justifiable.

Yamato has everything Momo lacks to be a solid candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by LordButler View Post
    It might be my mistake, but I remember in the anime when they were first heading towards Fishman Island someone on the crew (Nami, I think?) comments on Luffy's haki infused giganto pistol as being vulcanized.
    Haven't watched the anime in years, so can't speak to that personally. Don't remember that reference in the manga, but again, it's been a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    Vulcanization was a thing even earlier than that, I remember it being a popular topic here around W7/enies lobby and with gear 2.
    Predates my time here, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by otakufan View Post
    I don't think it ever did.

I recall that "vulcanization" was a kind of fan-theorized power-up around the timeskip that gained some traction for a while when Hardened Armament Haki was first showing up (when Luffy was the only one doing it and we didn't really know what it was yet), but I don't think it was ever something mentioned in-series... Luffy's powers have always been more tilted toward the properties of vulcanized rubber than of natural rubber.
    Oh I thought so.

From what I understand, their is natural rubber and synthetic rubber; both can be vulcanized and are initially a sort of liquid. I'm not quite sure which one Luffy leans more too but I am sure their much more that can be done with the kind of "rubberman" Luffy is so I hope that is the point of his "awakening".

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information