View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
275. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

    125 45.45%
  • Shinobu

    1 0.36%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc.)

    1 0.36%
  • Momo

    8 2.91%
  • Tama

    7 2.55%
  • Carrot

    58 21.09%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

    7 2.55%
  • Caribou

    4 1.45%
  • Other

    22 8.00%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

    42 15.27%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 197 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 3923

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

  1. #2501

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    I would hazard a guess that there are other groups out there who have passed down stories about that too. What was once common knowledge would probably scatter far and wide into little pockets of surviving information holders and their descendants who still "know" bits and pieces

  2. #2502

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Is also worth noting that it seems like Inu and Neko only learned about the Dawn from Oden/Roger.

    Which means, this is never been a long prophecy of the Minks at all.

  3. #2503

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Is also worth noting that it seems like Inu and Neko only learned about the Dawn from Oden/Roger.

    Which means, this is never been a long prophecy of the Minks at all.
    We don't know that. Inu and Neko left Zou pretty young and dumb, so there's that, so they learned about it in a roundabout way by travelling with Oden. Also, it doesn't need to be a whole "tribe thing" that everybody cares about. Instead, maybe it's something that only a few of them pick an interest, like how Wiper (and the village's chief) was the only one who cared about Calgara and Noland among all the young shandians.

    Caring about the Dawn was pretty much a Pedro thing, although the dukes also care about it. Maybe he learned about it from Nekomamushi, or maybe it's something he was always curious since his childhood through other sources. We don't know.

    What we know is that Carrot was unaware of it, and now she's trying to understand because of Pedro.

  4. #2504

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Luffy- Check
    Franky-Check

    Now who's the next Strawhat Yamato will interact with?
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

  5. #2505

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    I don't think Momo has the same thing as Luffy. We have the dawn and new dawn here. I think there is a difference in how both are guided to the world. Yamato said that Momo is the one who will guide the world to its dawn, while Pedro said that luffy is the one who will guide the world to a new dawn. I see it that way. Momo will open the borders of wano to bring the dawn to wano since wano is the place where the dawn starts to guide the world to its dawn, which I think will lead to a bigger event.

    I don't think Momo guides the world to its dawn by changing the world since he's not the one who will change the world. I think to open the borders of wano to bring the dawn to wano means to guide the world to its dawn while changing the world means to guide the world to a new dawn.

  6. #2506
    Discovered Stowaway Ivotas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    福岡

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Exsolea View Post
    I don't think Momo has the same thing as Luffy. We have the dawn and new dawn here. I think there is a difference in how both are guided to the world. Yamato said that Momo is the one who will guide the world to its dawn, while Pedro said that luffy is the one who will guide the world to a new dawn. I see it that way. Momo will open the borders of wano to bring the dawn to wano since wano is the place where the dawn starts to guide the world to its dawn, which I think will lead to a bigger event.

    I don't think Momo guides the world to its dawn by changing the world since he's not the one who will change the world. I think to open the borders of wano to bring the dawn to wano means to guide the world to its dawn while changing the world means to guide the world to a new dawn.
    I think that dawn and new dawn are exactly the same because every upcoming dawn is a new dawn just like every day is a new day compared to what came before. And from the way how this entire story about the OP worlds history is presented it seems to be a several centuries long wait for the dawn to finally arrive.



  7. #2507

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    I think that dawn and new dawn are exactly the same because every upcoming dawn is a new dawn just like every day is a new day compared to what came before. And from the way how this entire story about the OP worlds history is presented it seems to be a several centuries long wait for the dawn to finally arrive.
    Don't forget that Pedro said that Luffy and his crew are the ones who will guide the minks and the kozuki family to the dawn of the world. So one can read from Pedro's words that neither one of the minks nor one of the kozuki will guide them to the dawn of the world. So I think that momo, who will guide the world to the dawn, doesn't have the same dawn meaning as Luffy. So it makes no sense that Momo and Luffy have the same role with the dawn because Momo from the kozuki family is someone who does not guide the minks and the kozuki to the dawn of the world.

    According to what Pedro said, the dawn of the world is about guiding the world to a new dawn. That's why I think Luffy guides the world to a new dawn after Momo guides the world to the dawn.
    Last edited by Exsolea; November 21st, 2020 at 12:30 AM.

  8. #2508
    Discovered Stowaway thegab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    US- Midwest

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Momo will be accompanied by Yamato and both join the SH to guide the world to the dawn together. Scabbards will lead Wano Momo is grown. Yamato will be Momo's retainer and guard. Carrot is no where to be seen after Wano.

  9. #2509
    Chocolate or raisins? Coookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    I think it's far more likely that Yamato and Pedro mean the same dawn but came to different conclusions on who will be responsible for it

    3DS Friendcode: 1547 - 5175 - 1342

  10. #2510

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    So I’m really having trouble buying the logic that Carrot is somehow needed to join the crew because of the dawn legacy that Pedro vaguely talked about, but Momo somehow isn’t even though Yamato literally states this chapter that he is 100% necessary For said prophecy

    Seems like if you really believed that you’d totally be in for Momo joining now too

  11. #2511
    Discovered Stowaway Ivotas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    福岡

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Exsolea View Post
    Don't forget that Pedro said that Luffy and his crew are the ones who will guide the minks and the kozuki family to the dawn of the world. So one can read from Pedro's words that neither one of the minks nor one of the kozuki will guide them to the dawn of the world. So I think that momo, who will guide the world to the dawn, doesn't have the same dawn meaning as Luffy. So it makes no sense that Momo and Luffy have the same role with the dawn because Momo from the kozuki family is someone who does not guide the minks and the kozuki to the dawn of the world.

    According to what Pedro said, the dawn of the world is about guiding the world to a new dawn. That's why I think Luffy guides the world to a new dawn after Momo guides the world to the dawn.
    Then I would say that we have to agree to disagree here. I stay by the point that each approaching dawn is a new dawn. I don't see any difference between the terms 'dawn' and 'new dawn' if both refer to event that are yet to come.

    If you're however trying to say that Momo will be the headfigure of the new dawn for the Wano country while Luffy will be the one to bring a new dawn to the whole world, then I can get behind this.



  12. #2512

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Coookie View Post
    but came to different conclusions on who will be responsible for it
    Yamato might have a little more knowledge about it, since she read Oden's journal.
    Momo could be the second king, the Sea Kings talked about, since they had no reaction when Luffy and Shirahoshi were around them, and Momo was able to command Zunisha.
    Luffy would be the person to unite those two kings and together they will be responsible for bringing the Dawn. It is Luffy's special ability to unite all kind of people, after all.

    Momo has chances of joining them, but not immediately after Wano, he probably joins them after they found out about everything, after Laugh Tale.
    Which, I think, is inevitable, since the world changing war against the WG is after Laugh Tale, and there is no way Luffy's allies won't participate in it.

    Yamato could go either way, since she thinks Momo is important for the Dawn she could stay in Wano as a retainer, or she could leave Momo in Wano to the others and join the Strawhats to be a proactive part of the Dawn.
    What I can't see is, Momo joining the Strawhats without Yamato, if he decides to join now, Yamato has to join too.
    It's hard to predict her chances, her situation changed when she found out about Momo.

    Seems like Tama really has the ability to summon animals.
    The question is, is this part of her Devil Fruit power or a ninja technique...

    Did she summon Komachiyo or just Hihimaru, why the 3-minute time limit?
    If she summoned both, the time limit seems random and doesn't have anything to do with the summoning, and it's not necessary part of her Devil Fruit power, since Komachiyo wasn't tamed by a Kibi Dango, if I'm not mistaken.
    If she only summoned Hihimaru, and it's limited to three minutes, it must be part of her Devil Fruit power.
    But that would raise the question, how the hell did she hide Komachiyo on an enemie's ship?
    That would be easy to answer though...

    "There will be an answer, let it be."

  13. #2513
    Discovered Stowaway Syphin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Yamato interacting with Franky and showing her worth and strength through her actions could possibly signal a deeper involvement with the crew in the future. Franky himself has beome curious in Yamato and I believe such situations are indirectly crafting bonds and relationships between Yamato and the Straw Hat Pirates.

    Regarding the dawn of the world, it appears Yamato’s goal aligns with that of the Straw Hat Pirates and may even involve them considering what Pedro stated. Opening the borders of Wano Kuni and reconnecting it's people and the Minks to the rest of the world does seem to be part of the "dawn". Wano Kuni led by Momonosuke (and Hiyori) will come to stand against the World Government and be the center of the change that will engulf the world. Other nations will likely be inspired by Wano Kuni and Zou’s example (e.g. Elbaf). While the World Government via Im's instructions attempts to keep the world from changing, once Momonosuke opens Wano Kuni borders, he will start to become a competing force against the World Governments reach. In addition, Momonosuke will develop into the embodiment of their fears. The Straw Hat Pirates will play an integral role in opening up a path for Momonosuke (and Hiyori) to guide the world to this dawn by uncovering the secrets hidden in the past. In order for the nations around the world to embrace change, they need someone to show them the way and provide them the inspiration to want to change and this is where I believe Momonosuke (and Hiyori) come in.

  14. #2514

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Oh yeah, forgot that part.

    Yamato already taking orders from Luffy and the way she interacted with Franky is a big plus.

    "There will be an answer, let it be."

  15. #2515

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    And as armament hero told me, if Yamato has the neko (cat) fruit, perhaps model tiger, then it fits the df pattern, Ne (2) ko (9).
    Theres been surprisingly few tigers in the series, some randoms beasts and one unnamed mink tiger, thats all I think.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post

    Seems like Tama really has the ability to summon animals.
    The question is, is this part of her Devil Fruit power or a ninja technique...

    Did she summon Komachiyo or just Hihimaru, why the 3-minute time limit?
    If she summoned both, the time limit seems random and doesn't have anything to do with the summoning, and it's not necessary part of her Devil Fruit power, since Komachiyo wasn't tamed by a Kibi Dango, if I'm not mistaken.
    If she only summoned Hihimaru, and it's limited to three minutes, it must be part of her Devil Fruit power.
    But that would raise the question, how the hell did she hide Komachiyo on an enemie's ship?
    That would be easy to answer though...
    Im certain it would be part of her DF, and as for the three min limit, I think thats not a limit of her power, but just enough time for Tama and the co to get away and for Hihimaru to be summoned back to wherever he came from, otherwise id think he is left there to die eventually , assuming he was summoned there.

    It'd also be cool if Babnuki was summoned to meet up with Queen hah!

  16. #2516

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    And as armament hero told me, if Yamato has the neko (cat) fruit, perhaps model tiger, then it fits the df pattern, Ne (2) ko (9).
    Theres been surprisingly few tigers in the series, some randoms beasts and one unnamed mink tiger, thats all I think.



    Im certain it would be part of her DF, and as for the three min limit, I think thats not a limit of her power, but just enough time for Tama and the co to get away and for Hihimaru to be summoned back to wherever he came from, otherwise id think he is left there to die eventually , assuming he was summoned there.

    It'd also be cool if Babnuki was summoned to meet up with Queen hah!
    Did that not apply to Nikyu? No idea how that works in Japanese and the different characters.

  17. #2517

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Did that not apply to Nikyu? No idea how that works in Japanese and the different characters.
    It does to that too! There's a lot of combinations that would work for it.

  18. #2518

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    I am pretty sure Tama just used her ability to command some of Kaidos Smile users to get her to Onigashima and that there was no need to hide. She even says "we" got a ride on the enemy's ship. If she can somehow summon them out of nowhere she would have just said "I". I also don't think that there is anything about the "three minutes" it is just a generic "hold them back for X minutes until we are gone and then escape yourself"

  19. #2519

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGarc View Post
    I am pretty sure Tama just used her ability to command some of Kaidos Smile users to get her to Onigashima and that there was no need to hide. She even says "we" got a ride on the enemy's ship. If she can somehow summon them out of nowhere she would have just said "I". I also don't think that there is anything about the "three minutes" it is just a generic "hold them back for X minutes until we are gone and then escape yourself"
    Yeah, but there's also the fact of Hihimaru seemingly appearing out of nowhere, but I get you, most of all its just wishful thinking, imagine if she could summon the mountain god for example

  20. #2520

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    It does to that too! There's a lot of combinations that would work for it.
    Well that would be another good sign for her. I remember people thinking, something i liked as well, that Franky might eat/receive the Nikyu powers in a possible Vegapunk arc but with Yama that would be unnecessary.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 1 guests)

  1. Hades
  2. Johnny B. Decent

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts