View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
279. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

128 45.88%
  • Shinobu

1 0.36%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc.)

1 0.36%
  • Momo

8 2.87%
  • Tama

7 2.51%
  • Carrot

59 21.15%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 2.51%
  • Caribou

4 1.43%
  • Other

22 7.89%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

42 15.05%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 209 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 172 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 4180

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    False DMCA claim, just like the last few times
    Wait, how does that work?

i dont really know the details surrounding it and im afraid ill say something inccorrect

and to stay on topic, TAMA THE LAST NAKAMA

That's a good topic.

So how did you guys like her re-entrance? Was good, right?
    Showing once again her courage and that she wouldn't be the only one that has to be saved by others when faced some strong opponent.

Now let's hear all the "She can't have her dog all the time with her, she can't have all kind of animals, she's a child, she can't protect herself" whining.

"There will be an answer, let it be."

So i guess Carrot will be tying up her loose end soon.

Wrong topic...

"There will be an answer, let it be."

I know as well as anyone that with this chapter, Carrot's chances as a SH candidate are in a much more precarious state. On the one hand, she's finally taking on Peros and showing off a lot more of what she can do in battle. On the other hand, it's currently in her hax Sulong form, with Wanda who appeared out of nowhere, and away from everyone else. One of those three factors needs to change before the needle can move back in her favor.

It's a lot different from just being temporarily out of the picture. Carrot always had the chance to pop back into the foreground when needed. The issue now is the same as when Pedro was still around: she's still an active part of the Mink group with a lot of senior members above her. She naturally falls in line behind them when they're around. She's had just one feat on her own and in service to the SHs: the first Sulong transformation. If she can't break free from the shadow of the other Minks, she has a much harder case against her.

But here's the main takeaway: Carrot knows that there's a reason Pedro gave his life, yet she still doesn't know what that reason is. Pedro said Carrot would come to understand why the Straw Hats needed to survive over himself. Carrot still has that connection with the crew, and there's still time and opportunity for her to put it all together for herself.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Wanda being shown as an equal isn't great for Carrot, imo. But she still looks a little better than maybe 3 chapters ago. Appearances are better than no appearance.

Tama just got some nakama hype, though. Maybe not enough to offset the numerous issues with her case, but it's nice to see her being resourceful and pro-active. Looks like someone who would be useful in a pirate crew.

Carrot's storyline ends when she figures out the importance of the Dawn and what it meant to move forward according to Pedro's will. In this last chapter she makes a remark about this war being tied to Pedro's death, which is not only for sequential reasons, but especially thematic, since Wano is probably the arc that will reveal a little bit more about the lore, about the Dawn and about Luffy's role as the new Joyboy.

Then we'll see if Carrot will join or not. In the meanwhile, I wonder if she'll be able to beat Perospero or if we'll see a repeat of what just happened to Nami and Usopp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon D. Luffy View Post
    Wanda being shown as an equal isn't great for Carrot, imo. But she still looks a little better than maybe 3 chapters ago. Appearances are better than no appearance.
    No it's not, I agree. It's especially weird that Wanda didn't join in the Momo rescue party or the other Minks attacking Kaido. And there are no other Minks with them now, so Wanda has presumably been doing her own thing for whatever reason and just happened to run into Carrot for this moment.

I don't know what the plan with Wanda is. I always figured that there would be a deeper reason for Pedro to die, and that just getting revenge on Peros wasn't the end goal for Carrot and the Minks. It's certainly possible that there wasn't any deeper meaning at all, and that it was only ever something cool Oda wanted to show off and leave it at that. But I still believe there's more to it, and Wanda being here now has a purpose not only for vengeance, but for getting Carrot on the crew.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?

Basically what Shift said above me. Let me also throw in my own 2 cents.

The thought that Carrot's adventure to Whole Cake Island was only there to avenge Pedro, as I said before, was kinda ridiculous because as we see here with Wanda, she isn't the only Mink here who could have done that. Like I've said countless times. So using her sole existence to project her as some revenge side-plot always felt contrived to me. As she said here, there's a reason why Pedro died that has guided her to this point that she should understand. This battle, this war, is going to help her get that and from knowing it, her direction in the story is determined. Because as we've seen before, the only inhibitor to Carrot's potential journey or possible plans to head out to sea is herself. She has shown many times that she can do whatever she wants with no one's approval. She has a a responsibility to her people? Where was that ever shown? The moment her status as a Kingsbird became null and void, she yeeted herself off Zou to help out the crew on her own volition and continues to do whatever she wants on her own volition. She's a complete independent variable. So if she wants to stow away again to seek her adventure or further her goals, she's gonna do it.

So @Monquito there's Carrot's interest in knowing about Pedro's last words. She just was never certain of it, but is still pursuing that knowledge in this climatic battle.
    Last edited by SeaOfHope; November 15th, 2020 at 12:10 PM.

So at what point is all hope lost?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    So at what point is all hope lost?
    When the Dawn plot come and go without Carrot finishing her development.

I'd say when the crew leaves Wano.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?

Tama is still at 0% chance imo. Her hack/plot fruit was required in order for this "war" to end anyway, so it was a given that she would make an appearance sooner or later. As for Carrot, while Wanda showing up out of nowhere is still one of the dumbest things I've seen in a while, my guess is Oda did it to a) have her saved at some point by Carrot or b) to have her realize how strong Carrot is so that she doesn't have to worry about her anymore. Could be both.

Anyway, Carrot's panel recalling Pedro's words still means she has a lot to understand. Carrot just beating Peros won't teach her that. She won't have a better understanding or his words or sacrifice until this arc ends and she's had time to reflect on what the SHs have just accomplished. Then we'll see how she interprets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    That's a good topic.

So how did you guys like her re-entrance? Was good, right?
    Showing once again her courage and that she wouldn't be the only one that has to be saved by others when faced some strong opponent.

Now let's hear all the "She can't have her dog all the time with her, she can't have all kind of animals, she's a child, she can't protect herself" whining.
    it was godly, tama kicked the nay sayers in the nuts with her first panel in onigashima, absolutely loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    Wrong topic...
    Oh, you didn't know? this here is the CARROT thread, even when she was absent for years it was still about that rodent.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    it was godly, tama kicked the nay sayers in the nuts with her first panel in onigashima, absolutely loving it.

Oh, you didn't know? this here is the CARROT thread, even when she was absent for years it was still about that rodent.
    How about you cut back on the smack talk? I'd be happy to further discuss Tama and Carrot's respective pros and cons, but not if you're gonna be flaming.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    How about you cut back on the smack talk? I'd be happy to further discuss Tama and Carrot's respective pros and cons, but not if you're gonna be flaming.
    Okey, okey you're obviously not in the mood for some smack talk, just want to point this wasn't directed at you personally so don't take it that way.
    i just prefer some straight up smack talk rather than the passive aggressiveness and snarky attitudes that generally overflow these threads.

Pros for tama within this chap:

the chapter title is referencing to her
    She showed combat ability and potential
    She is bonding with two more strawhats
    She saved her second strawhat

cons
    Was hoping for a new outfit
    Last edited by Solid; November 15th, 2020 at 03:20 PM.

Not that I think chapter titles matter, but isn't it referencing Nami instead?

Yeah, I wrote and/or nami first then edited it out, I think it fits them both, but I didn't want to be modest.
    What Tama has with Ace and to herself is a promise, and I've just checked the raws and it is indeed the kanji for oath not really a promise, at the same, Tama a kunoichi with a promise appears in the cliffhanger, and I dont know if Nami still counts as a "kunoichi in training" since she switched outfit and all the strawhats have dumped their aliases.

Could mean them both.

Solid, another con is: Tama is ridiculously underpowerd to do anything against Ultipay. Her steed is worth the plant Usopp growed within this chap.
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information