View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
241. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

    100 41.49%
  • Shinobu

    1 0.41%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc.)

    1 0.41%
  • Momo

    8 3.32%
  • Tama

    7 2.90%
  • Carrot

    53 21.99%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

    7 2.90%
  • Caribou

    3 1.24%
  • Other

    22 9.13%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

    39 16.18%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 133 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2651

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

  1. #2301
    Button Pusher Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Monkey D. View Post
    lol people will come up with any argument
    Make your argument or leave it alone. Don't come in here just to make fun.



    Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

  2. #2302

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Franky got light blue in the countdown, all but officially confirmed from Oda himself now that Jinbe is brown.

  3. #2303

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    I'm tempted to edit my vote to Yamato just to spite all the lol looks like Nami memers. But my long term commitment to none of the above is too well rooted by now

  4. #2304

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    I've been saying for a long time that Carrot would go after Perospero, this chapter just confirmed it.

    About Yamato, as a mysterious character that was introduced very late in an arc, it was obvious he'd have some importance ahead, no need of a Jump Cover to hint at it.

    These latest developments didn't change anything for me. I still think Jinbe is the only one joining in Wano.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

  5. #2305

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    As for Kyarotto, she's inevitably going to lose, but I'm interested in this fight since it could also be the very first time she ever shows interest in the Dawn, or at least a bit more about her past.

    And as for Yamato, those colors are unique, yeah well maybe a bit too unique, overly unique actually, it went cross the border of uniqueness, that's waaaay too much for actual SH standards.
    But I like that her outfit is red and white, kinda the Japanese flag, what the WSJ cover tells me, is that she's being setup to be the next Trafalgar Law.

    So we're likely having her a couple of arcs hanging around with the SH's, but never joining officialy.
    Iíve got to be honest, I think itís the exact opposite problem

    After a seven level transformating Reindeer with a blue nose cool hat and broken antler, a self made cyborg with popeye arms that have stars on them a cyan pompadour Metal nose three chins and is constantly wearing a Hawaiian shirt and speedo, a super tall gentleman Skelton with an Afro and a cracked skull that can open up, and a blue whale shark fishman who happens to be a former Shichibukai

    After all those Iíd say the problem is Carrot and Yamato simply arenít diverse or unique enough to be the last member, although I do think they both have a chance

  6. #2306
    Button Pusher Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    So nice to see the glare finally acknowledged. I’m excited to see where this leads.







    I also loved the parallel of how she and Luffy were running at the same pace, the same direction. I really hope Luffy gets to see at least a bit of what Carrot can do.

    But I’m actually bothered by two things. First, the fact Carrot slips away just to have her revenge is, I feel, kinda not what her main priority should be. It’s the best chance she’ll have, of course, but what compelled her to just drift on in the first place?

    Second, the fact that Wanda’s along for the ride kinda throws a wrench into things. Carrot works best when she has to face problems without her Mink mentors. That’s the whole reason why Pedro pushing her on without him was so powerful. With Wanda there, I’m worried it’ll take some of Carrot’s impetus to stand on her own, especially if they both go Sulong to take on Peros.

    Neither of those are deal-breakers, though. I trust that if she is going to be a Straw Hat, her vengeance and Wanda being along for it have their purpose in it. And there’s the small matter of how she doesn’t specify who she’s going after. Naturally Peros seems to be the main target, but avenging Pedro could just as easily mean going after both Peros and Big Mom herself. Crazy to imagine Carrot going against her, but if Big Mom goes down to anyone, it seems like it should be in service to Pedro whose life she stole and caused all this. Luffy could even burst in to finally take care of BM while Carrot deals with Peros.

    In any case, I’m glad we’ve finally reached the point where Carrot will have her time to shine. Whatever happens, I’m looking forward to her years of development paying off.



    Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

  7. #2307

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Jimbei's too fat to fit in the train.

  8. #2308

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Robby you’ve been saying for a while we need a character with a white color scheme and now it turns Yamato has that, does that mean you think he’s more likely to join?
    Last edited by Shiebs; October 16th, 2020 at 04:20 PM.

  9. #2309

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Jimbei's too fat to fit in the train.
    Nah Sea Train laws forces Fishmen & Merfolks to the back unfortunately.

    Its what Jinbe and co are fighting aganist.

  10. #2310

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Not sure about the train, but the Sunny is changing size all the time, so no probs for Jinbei boy to pass throught those doors

  11. #2311

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chams View Post
    Not sure about the train, but the Sunny is changing size all the time, so no probs for Jinbei boy to pass throught those doors
    More like Oda keeps forgetting about consistent character size and does jack all when it's more aesthetically convenient, but yeah, not really a problem.

  12. #2312

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Robby you’ve been saying for a while we need a character with a white color scheme and now it turns Yamato has that, does that mean you think he’s more likely to join?
    I've been saying for ages that white, purple, or red hair would up someone's chances. And Yamato has both white hair (with purple tint!) AND red horns. So yeah, I'd say that ticks off the "different from the crew" box. Managed to hit all three! The gradient is pretty unique too.

    Oda also seems to be making effort to make her face a bit different from Nami's, but if that effort extends past the one giant cover image (and how he handles that hair in future pieces) remains to be seen.

    I'm still not fully on board but I cast my vote a while ago so.

    Next few chapters are pretty much make or break it for Carrot.

    And since the scabbards are about to fall and Yamato is bound to catch up and interact with Momo soon, that SHOULD affect the "I am literally Oden" gag and hopefully transition to just "I want to be LIKE Oden". Orochi flashback is likely at the very least so maybe get more coverage there.
    Last edited by Robby; October 16th, 2020 at 10:24 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  13. #2313
    Discovered Stowaway Dorobō Neko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Maryland

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    It also looks like Yamato has really subtle make up on. Her eyes are pretty striking too. I think the looks like Nami thing is more or less dead now.

    As far as unique designs go, Yamato has the highest chances in like ever.

    We really need like one character moment to make it happen.

    Edit: Oh and white, purple, blue and red in the colors of her outfit? Neat

  14. #2314
    Button Pusher Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Why does Yamato want to leave? Because he's been oppressed.

    Was it Wano oppressing him? No, it was Kaido.

    The reason Yamato wants to leave Wano is because all he's ever known is being restricted through those cuffs. They're gone, and eventually Kaido will be, as well. And the whole reason I think Yamato exists is to address the close-minded guilt that existed with the generations of the Kurozumi clan, the Minks and Kawamatsu, and to an extent the Kozuki clan being dragged through the mud for 20 years. Being the child of Kaido, Yamato will be be just the next person at the mercy of the people's hatred if it's revealed who Kaido really was all along. But when that's overcome, whether by Luffy or Momo clearing Yamato of any guilt, it will remove the main reason he wants to escape.

    Could that allow Yamato free to leave just because he wants to explore the world? Sure. But that's a matter of going out for the sake of a dream, rather than leaving on the first available ship to escape oppression like what's currently his motivation. And I still think Yamato won't be as eager to leave with Kaido gone, and will have more of a place on Wano as part of Momo's court, considering the two are destined to confront each other and come to an understanding.



    Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

  15. #2315

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    I think it would be pretty cool to have a lady traditional melee fighter on the Straw Hat group. Nami and Robin can be pretty powerful and cool of course, but it would also be cool to see a woman on the crew attack like this:



  16. #2316

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Like some people have already said it looks like Jinbeis color will be brown. Can anyone tell me why that might mean and how brown relates to Jinbei? Of all the colors I have never seen brown theorized for him.

    Also Brook is officially black & white but he is mostly shown with black when the crew colors are relevant for outfits and the chapter countdown. The white part is just because he is a skeleton. So does this open up the color white for either Carrot or Yamato?

  17. #2317

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    just because he wants to explore the world?.
    We don't know why Yamato wants to go out exactly, and that's a big deal since it could eventually come up with something like "Yeah, I always wanted to go to God Valley(or something), cause it says in Oden's diary, that place is awesome". So that we'll know she's actually going to ride temporarily.

    Cause yeah, its hard to imagine that 1-Luffy is not picking up someone from Wano, and 2-Oden's diary won't play a role in the outside world, where the current owner must get out to let some scummy villains know of its existence.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGarc View Post
    Of all the colors I have never seen brown theorized for him.
    Am I a joke to you?

    Also Brook is officially black & white but he is mostly shown with black when the crew colors are relevant for outfits and the chapter countdown. The white part is just because he is a skeleton. So does this open up the color white for either Carrot or Yamato?
    Brook will most oftenly be represented or wear both black and white, it just happens that sometimes it doesn't work well with the surrounding enviroment and Oda would pick one, OR use gray, since its a combination of both.

  18. #2318
    Your long-lost brother Jabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    (ಥ ͜ʖ ಥ)

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGarc View Post
    Like some people have already said it looks like Jinbeis color will be brown. Can anyone tell me why that might mean and how brown relates to Jinbei? Of all the colors I have never seen brown theorized for him.
    It's been theorized, but more in a "please don't let it be brown"-manner. It's kind of... on the nose, if you ask me. Given the context of Fishman history and the real life parallels and stuff...

    On the other hand, blue would be terrible as well

    Spoiler:


    Personally I thought Silver would be the most fitting color, considering his experience and his grey strands.


  19. #2319

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Personally I thought Silver would be the most fitting color, considering his experience and his grey strands.
    The anime made that silver. Oda always has it gold, along with his muttonchop things and eyebrows.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  20. #2320
    Discovered Stowaway andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Mt. GOATmore

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    It's been theorized, but more in a "please don't let it be brown"-manner. It's kind of... on the nose, if you ask me. Given the context of Fishman history and the real life parallels and stuff...

    On the other hand, blue would be terrible as well

    Spoiler:


    Personally I thought Silver would be the most fitting color, considering his experience and his grey strands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    The anime made that silver. Oda always has it gold, along with his muttonchop things and eyebrows.
    I posted about this with some picks on another thread. I'm pretty sure the brown is Jinbe's natural hair color.

    Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    It's the color of his hair. The black seems to be Jinbe's version of our hair graying for some reason, at least that's how it appears to me. Note that the picture of Jinbe as a child that Oda drew in one of the SBS has completely light hair and in the flashbacks, his tips are light, while the roots are black. The anime fucked this up for years, basically until Whole Cake. Oda, though, has been pretty consistent with this color, though occasionally it seems to have a bit more gold in it. This is something I've thought about for a decade, lol, so it was nice to see them finally get it right in the anime.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 1 guests)

  1. Exsolea
  2. Kaiolino

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts