View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
241. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

100 41.49%
  • Shinobu

1 0.41%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc.)

1 0.41%
  • Momo

8 3.32%
  • Tama

7 2.90%
  • Carrot

53 21.99%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 2.90%
  • Caribou

3 1.24%
  • Other

22 9.13%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

39 16.18%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 133 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 2651

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Bonney. Compromise for everyone, you get your granny, others get their child...
    Lol I love it! Perfect compromise

Bonney does feel like a mixture of luffy and nami. Then again, big mom feels like that too. So bonney is the perfect big mom replacement, people even used to think that bonney is the daughter of big mom for a while.

I'm still highly confident eleventh member will be a male, just to assert Shonen Genre dominance.

Actually, shonen is a demographic, not a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Bonney does feel like a mixture of luffy and nami. Then again, big mom feels like that too. So bonney is the perfect big mom replacement, people even used to think that bonney is the daughter of big mom for a while.
    Bonney is a mixture of many possible connections, at this point it is pretty weird.
    There was/is the Whitebeard and Ace thing(her crying when WB got accused of betraying his allies makes no sense otherwise), then we saw her ship which is a cake which people thought looked similar to BM ships, and then out of nowhere we got Kuma.
    And in der the end it might lead to nothing, considering the 5 year plan...

Bonney is a mixture of many possible connections, at this point it is pretty weird.
    There was/is the Whitebeard and Ace thing(her crying when WB got accused of betraying his allies makes no sense otherwise), then we saw her ship which is a cake which people thought looked similar to BM ships, and then out of nowhere we got Kuma.
    You forgot her connection to the Marines and the five elder stars (who she may be keeping young)

I highly doubt Oda would have her tied to so many characters and not have a flashback, it just doesn’t make any sense, she’s obviously super important

Again I don’t think Oda will keep good on his five year plan because there’s just to many loose threads to connect

She was crying because she saw Kuma and the Pacifistas, not because of WB/Ace.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    She was crying because she saw Kuma and the Pacifistas, not because of WB/Ace.
    1) While possible, the entire scene was a reaction of every Supernova shown to Whitebeard, seems weird to only let her react to something else, but not impossible i guess

2) Blackbeard has no connection to Kuma, but does to both WB and Ace heavily. So the entire thing about her finding someone in the New World because all of this is his fault does not work unless she coincidentally ran into Blackbeard while searching for either Dragon or Vegapunk and it´s just a big misdirection, which narrative-wise makes no sense since that misdirection holds no weight, we are not invested in her character

1) While possible, the entire scene was a reaction of every Supernova shown to Whitebeard, seems weird to only let her react to something else, but not impossible i guess

2) Blackbeard has no connection to Kuma, but does to both WB and Ace heavily. So the entire thing about her finding someone in the New World because all of this is his fault does not work unless she coincidentally ran into Blackbeard while searching for either Dragon or Vegapunk and it´s just a big misdirection, which narrative-wise makes no sense since that misdirection holds no weight, we are not invested in her character
    That's true but with her reaction towards Kuma at Marijois it seems more likely that her reaction during Marineford also was concerning Kuma.

As for the second point: I don't think she was searching for Blackbeard. How would she find him anyways? On the other hand Blackbeard randomly runs into people all the time. He also seemed to know how important she was to the WG (maybe something he learned during his short Shichibukai period? )

That was the assumption back then, before we found out that she's related to Kuma. In hindsight, it seems obvious that she was crying for Kuma, not Whitebeard.

"It's all his fault" seems to be aimed at Vegapunk, not Blackbeard. That Blackbeard and Bonney met seem more like fate than anything Bonney planned.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    That was the assumption back then, before we found out that she's related to Kuma. In hindsight, it seems obvious that she was crying for Kuma, not Whitebeard.

"It's all his fault" seems to be aimed at Vegapunk, not Blackbeard. That Blackbeard and Bonney met seem more like fate than anything Bonney planned.
    I might remember this wrong and would have to check this when I have access to the chapter in question again but I'm quite sure that when Bonney was captured by Teach he actually said to him that it is all his fault. Like your intretation of this entire situation though. Might aswell all be a big red hering if Bonney makes no clear and direct accusation at Teach.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    I might remember this wrong and would have to check this when I have access to the chapter in question again but I'm quite sure that when Bonney was captured by Teach he actually said to him that it is all his fault. Like your intretation of this entire situation though. Might aswell all be a big red hering if Bonney makes no clear and direct accusation at Teach.
    You should check it again. It's Chapter 595. In the translation I'm checking, she yels "she will never forgive you", but when Akainu has already arrived, so she may be speaking to Akainu/marines/WG, rather than to Blackbeard, who has already left.

Every Bonney appearance at this point is very ambiguous. It was only after the Reverie chapters that her link to Kuma was revealed, thus changing how we perceive the Marineford scenes in hindsight.

Bonney saying "it's all his/her fault" happens way earlier in chapter 581, when she declares she's going to hunt "him/her" down in the New World.

She could be pissed at them for both WB and Kuma, it doesn't have to be exclusive. Kuma was in a better shape in the war than what he was at Mariejois. It makes sense that she chased BB for causing the war in the first place and being the man who dealt/attempted to deal the final blow to WB and stole his DF. It also makes sense that she's mad at the WG, may be at that time she didn't even know Kuma was a lost cause. Maybe he met her one last time like he did with Rayleigh and possibly Dragon(since he seems to know what's with Kuma from what he said to Evankov[even damned Robin knows something but she didn't say anything about him when Franky mentioned him on their reunion under the sea, she just had a thought bubble] ).

Seeing Yamato in color on the cover of WSJ makes me think she really has a good chance to join. Original enough IMO.

Plus, Oda choosing to feature her seems to be a good indicator that her importance to this arc will at least grow a lot in the future chapters. Right now she's just one of many side characters. Exciting to see.

Good chapter for both Yamato and Carrot fans imo.

Carrot finally got a plot thread, an indication that she has things to do in this arc other than being a sidekick to Nami. The Carrot fan crew correctly predicted she would want revenge against Perospero. Still not conclusive evidence of being a strawhat, but one must first become a major arc character if they want to be a series long character.

Yamato didn't get much in the chapter per se, other than Oda continuing to remind us that they are relevant with the weekly Momo chasing panel. The Jump cover is the big thing, though. Not only Yamato is deemed important enough to be shown alongside Luffy in the magazine itself, but finally got a color scheme, with a hair color that makes them unique compared to strawhats, and one that I particularly enjoyed (the red, blue and white just fit together), feeling more well designed than the rainbow hairs we have been getting for other characters lately.

Yamato’s color scheme and being on the SJW cover is a big plus for her joining but carrot also gets her own time to shine getting revenge for Pedro which is a huge plus for her joining too

Carrot Fans, we are nearing the Endgame now. I guess it will be Carrot and Wanda vs Perosperos.

I like the colors Oda gave Yamato, very unique in the series. Also Oda seems to have made some slight changes to her face so that it looks a little different from Nami, I just hope that he also tries to do that in actual manga panels and keeps it consistently different. One thing I don't like in the cover is her noodle arms, really wish she would be more muscular considering that she seems like a strong melee brawler but Oda just gave her his usual barbie doll figure.

Something about this chapter that I didn't like was once again Oda rushing through things: What was up with the whole Perosperos and Marco team up? First hint at it in a panel only for it to not be relevant in the end. And then the panel with Carrot, there are just so many things unexplained. Where did Wanda suddenly come from? Why is she not on top with the other Minks and how did she even find Carrot in all this chaos (remember Carrot and Nami were chased by Big Mom and only ended up there because they were captured)? In fact where are the two of them even? How could Carrot have possibly seen Perosperos? They are inside a huge skull and didn't even know that Perosperos was on the way. Or can we count this as one more point for her lookout role (not serious with this). I really hope that Oda isn't rushing through this just to hit a moment for chapter 1000 or to be on track for the five year plan.

As for Kyarotto, she's inevitably going to lose, but I'm interested in this fight since it could also be the very first time she ever shows interest in the Dawn, or at least a bit more about her past.

And as for Yamato, those colors are unique, yeah well maybe a bit too unique, overly unique actually, it went cross the border of uniqueness, that's waaaay too much for actual SH standards.
    But I like that her outfit is red and white, kinda the Japanese flag, what the WSJ cover tells me, is that she's being setup to be the next Trafalgar Law.

So we're likely having her a couple of arcs hanging around with the SH's, but never joining officialy.

lol people will come up with any argument

Yamato is too unique in a crew that features a 3 meter tall skeleton musician fencer with an afro.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information