View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
281. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

130 46.26%
  • Shinobu

1 0.36%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc.)

1 0.36%
  • Momo

8 2.85%
  • Tama

7 2.49%
  • Carrot

59 21.00%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 2.49%
  • Caribou

4 1.42%
  • Other

22 7.83%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

42 14.95%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 215 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 214 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 4293

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    This was always a liiittle too much for me to stomach.
    Child abuse on screen? I thought this was a comic for kids!?
    Yeah that was not so nice

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

While it is a colorful and fantastical place, the un-named world One Piece is set in is a pretty god damn violent, cruel, horrible place. I mean, Tama was about to be made a child prostitute sex slave before Luffy intervened.

Like I honestly would rank it right up there with Westeros.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    This was always a liiittle too much for me to stomach.
    Child abuse on screen? I thought this was a comic for kids!?
    For a manga that had a child stab his face with a knife in chapter 1, this didn't fall far from the tree.
    Yamato FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    While it is a colorful and fantastical place, the un-named world One Piece is set in is a pretty god damn violent, cruel, horrible place. I mean, Tama was about to be made a child prostitute sex slave before Luffy intervened.

It just ain't for kids. Maybe at one point it was loooong ago, but there are long stretches in this manga where you'd be hard-pressed to not find something disturbing or highly disturbing that happened each chapter or 2.

As for as the actual world itself though, "fun adventure!!!" is quite a misleading way casual onlookers view the series lol. Without all the WG tyranny, yeah, it's a fun, dangerous sea. With it though, phew, it's one nightmarish world that mimics ours a little too closely at times, as far as the despotic rulers go and their methods.

Next prediction: "Enies" has more to it than meets the eye
    My proudest prediction: Predicted Imu before he showed up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7BkabF31ak

It's a shonen, so technically it's for teenagers mainly. It's not surprising to find some important social issues... Anyway, I think we're a little off-topic

Just shows you how important presentation is besides the topic in itself.

I'm giving up on Momo as a Straw Hat 100 percent. Why? He would be redundant and I hadn't factored that in. Some way, some how, Zoro will be the one carrying Wano's will, whether through Kuina's blade, or because of his own relation to someone of Wano. This hadn't come to mind before, but it is pretty convincing to me now. I don't have anyone else in mind who I think will join.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Tama was not going to be a child prostitute. The children who were taken to brothel were educated to be future oiran indeed but they were not prostitute immediately. Although the age they had sex would be probably considered underage nowadays, the first years they only do house jobs.

Also it is not a good education to protect to much the kids. I mean, traditional tales or famous authors like Roald Dahl demonstrates that one can tel the kids violent things without arming them. On the countrary it is important that they learn the outside world is not a paradise otherwise we have aberation where students forbid their teachers to use expressions like "violate the law"...

Discovered Stowaway bryannmaina's Avatar

The theme of “Freedom” hits harder when you take a deep look at the series. It’s not just for an Adventure or to fulfill dreams/fantasies, a lot of the characters in One Piece take to the seas because it represents Freedom for them. It makes sense why so many people of this world choose Piracy, the Navy, Revolutionaries etc etc. not just Luffy and the crew.

Children in general are not stupid. One Piece and other great franchises (manga and otherwise) like Avatar: The Last Airbender do so well because it respects its audience no matter the age. I feel like that is why manga especially does so well around the world because it can be enjoyed and bring so much to children and adults alike.

Mature themes and “Children’s” media aren’t and shouldn’t be mutually exclusive

I like that Kdom mentioned Roald Dahl. Apologies for being off-topic
    beware

I feel like yamato and weevil are the new WB and Kaidou from this generation, as in rivals for luffy just like kidd and law, not nakamas.

Luffy and Weevil bonding will be the best, mirroring roger and whitebeard.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; October 10th, 2020 at 10:33 AM.

I think the crew can use a younger character, like Chopper before and Carrot now, as long as they can clearly show they're not just a liability and can fight when they need to.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    I think the crew can use a younger character, like Chopper before and Carrot now, as long as they can clearly show they're not just a liability and can fight when they need to.
    I’m still rooting for the opposite, a bad ass grandma like Setsuno from Toriko or Genkai from Yu Yu Hakusho

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    I’m still rooting for the opposite, a bad ass grandma like Setsuno from Toriko or Genkai from Yu Yu Hakusho
    And I still say Big Mom is likely the craziest literal grandma we're ever gonna get.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Yamato is just perfect for me, now that Momo and them are still alive he can leave Wano in peace and also if he's following Oden's steps he'd like to set out to the Sea as well. His history with Ace should interest Luffy as well. Plus Luffy already considers him a good guy and even entrusted Momo to him. It would also be very funny/interesting when Sanji tries to hit on Yamato lol I wonder how would that go. The crew's dynamics will be very refreshed with such a wild character on board. Just imagining the shenanigans with Usopp/Franky/Zoro(duels n stuff, awkward Enma/Wado/Wano stuff )/Sanji/Nami and Robin XD and Brook when he asks to see the pants ��

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    And I still say Big Mom is likely the craziest literal grandma we're ever gonna get.
    Oh I totally agree with you, I personally don’t think we’ll get a grandma character to join the crew, it’s just another thing I want to happen that I know won’t, just like Croc joining the crew

I still think the characters who have a chance of joining are Carrot, Yamato, Diez Drake, Bonney, Vegapunk Or maybe Kuma in a new body (a very small chance for some but still a chance)

My money is still on someone we’ve yet to meet

Gambia's granny for nakama!
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    Gambia's granny for nakama!
    I mean she’s got to appear at some point right?

Iím still rooting for the opposite, a bad ass grandma like Setsuno from Toriko or Genkai from Yu Yu Hakusho

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    I can’t see what you posted for some reason

I can’t see what you posted for some reason
    Bonney. Compromise for everyone, you get your granny, others get their child...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information