+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 983 - Thunder

Default Chapter 983 - Thunder

It's officially out. Enjoy!

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006998

Some comments:

Spoiler:
    Calm Big Mom is scarier than angry Big Mom.

After rereading Oden's flashback, I think the most likely explanation for Yamato is that he read Oden's journal.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Default Re: Chapter 983 - Thunder

I'm on board with the journal theory. Makes the most sense in what we have seen from Yamato right now.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Sanji saving Momo is so close

And Yamato for nakama
    "This is a common misconception. The term "Monster Trio" is canon, not fanmade.
    It's been used quite a few times in the manga, most recently in chapter 606.
    Oda does use the term "怪物三人組 (Monster Trio)" in the very manga itself."

Making sure Luffy is him specifically but then saying he's been waiting 'for a long time' is pretty weird. Nobody knew who Luffy was until 2 years ago. Unless this is some 'the prophecies foretold' stuff.

I'm gonna stick to my nonsensical crackpot theory that Yamato is secretly Hiyori somehow.

I like the idea of Yamato reading Oden's journal... a lot!

I don't really have anything to add about the chapter besides what I already said on the spoiler thread, except I really love the weakling trio dynamics. One chapter ago it was Nami "BM is going after them... oh well, nothing I can do about it" and now it's Usopp "BM is going after Nami... oh well, at least we are safe".
    Last edited by .access timeco.; June 21st, 2020 at 10:04 AM.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

The thing that pissed me off is that Luffy took that headbutt instead of dodging it. Its like he never fought Katakuri. I would understand him not being able to dodge Apoo's attack as it manifests as you hear the sound which seems to be undodgeable and actually it might be Observation Haki proof too in a way but why take on that headbutt? Its ok if he want to go around kicking ass but he should take it seriously and dodge stuff like he did vs Katakuri instead of tanking hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    Making sure Luffy is him specifically but then saying he's been waiting 'for a long time' is pretty weird. Nobody knew who Luffy was until 2 years ago. Unless this is some 'the prophecies foretold' stuff.

I'm gonna stick to my nonsensical crackpot theory that Yamato is secretly Hiyori somehow.
    He may have waited for the ones who would save Wano and change the world, not knowing who would it be until now.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight View Post
    The thing that pissed me off is that Luffy took that headbutt instead of dodging it. Its like he never fought Katakuri. I would understand him not being able to dodge Apoo's attack as it manifests as you hear the sound which seems to be undodgeable and actually it might be Observation Haki proof too in a way but why take on that headbutt? Its ok if he want to go around kicking ass but he should take it seriously and dodge stuff like he did vs Katakuri instead of tanking hits.
    He likely saw it coming but thought, "I can take this ez." Being able to tank hits sends a message (one that Ulti/PayPay clearly got). We know how impulsive he is. CoO will only be used when the plot requires it.

Discovered Stowaway ArseneWenger's Avatar

CoO will always be a plot device, no matter how well explained it is at the moment.
    Whichever side wins becomes the Justice.

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

Clearly Yamato is a Luffy fanboy like Barto.
    Wash your hands.

He used observation haki since he foresee the headbut but decided to take it head on. But lost the battle

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    He may have waited for the ones who would save Wano and change the world, not knowing who would it be until now.
    What throws me off is that he seemed to be looking for Luffy specifically already since he asks if it's him. Doesn't look like something he just decided.

I could understand Don Chinjao or even Sai as successor. But if Ulti really should have CoC, I give up on it being something special
    "This is a common misconception. The term "Monster Trio" is canon, not fanmade.
    It's been used quite a few times in the manga, most recently in chapter 606.
    Oda does use the term "怪物三人組 (Monster Trio)" in the very manga itself."

Why dodge the attack if Luffy believes he can take it?

He even berates himself for not taking things seriously after the headbutt ends up having some actual considerable effects.

Which I think is actually the first time Luffy has ever done that.(i.e:Berate himself for not taking things seriously)
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Luffy foresaw the headbutt coming. He just decided to take it. It's Luffy, cmon. The headbutt was a pissing contest, it was him standing his ground.

Did Oda gave Page One a new tail or that is just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    I could understand Don Chinjao or even Sai as successor. But if Ulti really should have CoC, I give up on it being something special
    Why? Kaido's crew is formed in big part of pirates he found impressive and got to work for him. Hawkins, Apoo, Drake, Sasaki, Who's Who, Killer, he tried to get Kid, Luffy and Ashura Doji (not a pirate though). The mantis Gifter fighting Zoro says they also dreamed of being Pirate King once, so more people who were on their own crews before joining the Beast Pirates.

I would guess all the Tobi Roppo and Calamities were once big name pirates, captaining their own crews (maybe Ulti/P1 were something like Caribou/Coribou), so it wouldn't be surprising if some of them had CoC (not that we know for sure what we saw in this chapter was CoC, could be just CoA).

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Did Oda gave Page One a new tail or that is just me?
    Wow, he did indeed.

A pity DF users can't swim...

Damn, great chapter, Ulti really impressed me here. And I'll bet many glad that Yamato is neither weak or has a super silly design.

Don't know what Perospero's planning, but I'm definitely rooting for him lol

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information