+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 983 - Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    To be honest, I was ready for CoC to be the New World's Devil Fruit. Just like DF was almost a myth outside the Grand Line but everyone in there had it, I was expecting everyone in the New World to have Haki and pretty much every Captain to have CoC (and since I believe all the TR are former big name Captains...).

The New World was supposed to be this impossible task that only the strongest should be able to take on. If on Paradise you needed to be exceptional to thrive, on the New World you would need to be exceptional to survive. If anything, the lack of high level abilities (like CoC) among the NW Captains makes it look underwhelming (fucking Tontattas being able to navigate it without problem kinda betrays how challenging those seas were supposed to be).
    Would make it even worse if every captain would have it.

If it is that common. Why the likes as Sengoku and Co are so shocked if it is regular stuff.

But well. I won't derail this thread anymore and maybe it wasn't CoC and Oda changes lightning coloring whenever he wants. So let it be.

Ever since post TS I dislike haki after all with stuff as future sight and PIS like sensing people as Caribou but not on other occasions.

I was a friend of the "basic" version of simple, punch logias, read movements and the ultra rare CoC

But now... Well. Nope
    "This is a common misconception. The term "Monster Trio" is canon, not fanmade.
    It's been used quite a few times in the manga, most recently in chapter 606.
    Oda does use the term "怪物三人組 (Monster Trio)" in the very manga itself."

Default Re: Chapter 983 - Thunder

Can someone explain how Luffy is grabbing Ulti from behind when he jumps into her from the front?

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Can someone explain how Luffy is grabbing Ulti from behind when he jumps into her from the front?
    He jumps past her, grabs her on his way and then throws her.

But, to be honest, the choreography of this fight was... a choice. For it to make sense, we need to consider Luffy made a lot of twisting and some movements in the air that he shouldn't be able to do.

Like, regarding their positions it starts like this: P1... Ulti... Luffy.
    Then Luffy jumps past Ulti, grab her by her horns and throws her in front of him. That means she should land between P1 and Luffy. But on the next page we see Luffy is between them, like if he twisted his body 180º while he was doing the throw. Also we can see he is in the ground already on the panel when he is throwing her, but on the following panel (the one he is weirdly between the two enemies) he is mid-air.
    Then P1 tries to bite him, Luffy grabs something on the ceiling to pull himself away from P1's attack and instead of attacking P1 from above he somehow uses soru to appear under P1 and attack him. Not just very weird choice of movement (unless he knew P1 was going to dodge his attack from his initial position), but also kinda impossible since Luffy would need to know Geppou to be able to soru mid-air (or he can now bounce in the air in his base form like in G4?).

It was clunky.

FUTURE VISION EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by oikgerd View Post
    Oda is updating his manga based on real-life discovery. Check out Spinosaurus 2020, a swimming dino.
    It was already cool enough to see him changing to a more accurate depiction, but finding out it is a recent discovery from like 2 months ago just makes it a lot better.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; June 21st, 2020 at 01:30 PM.

He jumps over her, reaches back, grabs her and flips her.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Did Oda gave Page One a new tail or that is just me?
    Oda is updating his manga based on real-life discovery. Check out Spinosaurus 2020, a swimming dino.

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

(fucking Tontattas being able to navigate it without problem kinda betrays how challenging those seas were supposed to be).
    Barto got into the new world asking for sailing instruction over the phone (and receiving housekeeping tips instead).
    Wash your hands.

Yeah, but that was a joke, it was absurd on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by oikgerd View Post
    I am aware of that. That's why I asked.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Now that we know Ulti's fighting style I'm not so confident that Nami will fight her after all. Like, I could see them butting heads when Nami's being comedically headstrong, but otherwise their fighting styles seem like a poor match. Perhaps Nami will use her kunoichi training and fight the Oniwabanshu. I have a feeling that Ulti and Pay-Pay will run into Usopp at some point, though wouldn't anticipate him beating both of them by himself (but I am certainly open to it)

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Zeorn View Post
    The reason Ulti's headbutt is so ridiculously strong is immediately revealed. As a Pacycephalosaurus Zoan, or Heabuttosaurus, that is literally her strongest attack. If Luffy could take it head on, pun intended, I don't think she is ever going to be any more of a threat. Luffy endured her strongest attack, then she got 1-shot. Not too much to think about.
    That's not her strongest attack since it was used in human form.

In fact, she was ready to use an even stronger one in dinosaur form, but was interrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeorn View Post
    The reason Ulti's headbutt is so ridiculously strong is immediately revealed. As a Pacycephalosaurus Zoan, or Heabuttosaurus, that is literally her strongest attack. If Luffy could take it head on, pun intended, I don't think she is ever going to be any more of a threat. Luffy endured her strongest attack, then she got 1-shot. Not too much to think about.
    Her being a pachyopsapojpesaurus (fuck this word) means headbutt is her fighting style, not that that attack was her strongest. Just like Sanji fighting style is all about kicks but it doesn't mean every kick is his strongest attack.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I am aware of that. That's why I asked.
    Then the answer is yes

Ulti wasn't even using her fruit for that headbutt clash. That might be her equivalent to Gum Gum pistol for all we know.

Can Yamato be Toki's son?
    Last edited by Only; June 21st, 2020 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Only View Post
    Unless Kaido impregnated Toki at some point during when Oden was off sailing with Roger - and she gave birth to him without anyone knowing about it then....no...

Her being a pachyopsapojpesaurus (fuck this word) means headbutt is her fighting style, not that that attack was her strongest. Just like Sanji fighting style is all about kicks but it doesn't mean every kick is his strongest attack.
    Just say Headbuttosaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Only View Post
    Hmmm, what if Toki is pregnant when she send Momo etc to the future? The times lined up, right? After that, Kaido is bringing toki in, cant kill the baby and raise him/her as his own. But Yamato know all about his real father hence the shackles and rope. And this is why he waiting for someone who will liberated wano (luffy).

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    If it is that common. Why the likes as Sengoku and Co are so shocked if it is regular stuff.
    They were surprised that rookies like Luffy had it. Luffy not being an established 'threat' at the time makes it significant seeing as he had CoC well before getting to the New World.

I actually hoped we would see more CoC rather than less. In Dressrosa I did feel like we were meeting too many people with it, but now we're dealing with Yonkou level enemies. If contestants at the dressrosa arena could have CoC then I expect more out of New World crews.

The fodder crews are all but weeded out at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    I think they were more amazed that a way-out-of-his-league rookie like Luffy had it, not necessarily about the Haki itself. He was an "ant leaping into a hurricane" after all--from the perspective of eveyone else at Marineford, he was fodder. It'd be like if one of the random background gifters who Luffy and Zoro have been tearing through suddenly pulled out CoC. That's how Sengoku and company felt watching that moment.

Also, so happy to see a female character being defeated with a physical strike attack!!! Equality 2020, baby!

EDIT: Ninja'd by Triceron T_T
    He won't disobey if he dies, only if he dies when he dies!
    ***Because the madness that is AP Forums chapter discussions must not perish from the earth***

Its nice to see a woman getting in on the physical action and the final results of it like the men do. Still nothing has topped Vergo's attack on Tashigi. At least as far as post time skip-present time goes. That was brutal and what Ulti dealt with looked like kids stuff in comparison. I still say this despite Ulti seemingly being knocked out for now when Tashigi ultimately wasn't.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information