+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Volume 97 Predictions/Discussion

Default Re: Volume 97 Predictions/Discussion

Them dropping it in later reprints would explain it, yes. I've been getting the volumes as they came out for the most part so without checking all 93 volumes I probably have first printings of all of them except for the first three or four. I know those are second printings because they're the Zolo versions.

EDIT: Checking my volumes 3 and 4 are second printings, but my volume one is sixth printing and my volume 2 was fourth printing. So that puts a very specific timetable on my grabbing the trades as probably September 2005. Volume 5 and on are first printings, though they date October 2004. Maybe I started getting volumes as they came out but didn't fill in the first few until later? Or maybe they just had a better gauge on the print runs they needed so there were more first printings.

I was buying a lot of manga at the time and I was getting the Jump magazine so it probably wasn't a priority at the time. Unlike those other classics like Beet The Vandel Buster! (Still dissapointed that just stopped. It wasn't great by any means but I was enjoying it.)
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

So Oda is saying that Luffys journey is over in a about 4-5 years. Within these years, developments take place which lead to a war, which probably will start when Luffy finds Joyboys Treasure and/or the Rio Poneglyph. It is also possible that the Government wants to prevent the finding and starts an all out war before Luffy reaches Laughtale. Ok by me, but it would kinda downgrade Whitebeards final speech :/
    On the other side, it would make sense for the Government to prevent the finding. That means they can and are prepared for a big war.

Quote Originally Posted by Gia Sado View Post
    Yeah, the next 2 volumes are surely going to grow those 4 pages lol.

Vol 98 will definitely have: Yamato, Apoo, F6, Bao Huang, and Hacha (8) added on the BP side. Perospero added to BMP side. And Marco added to Luffy's allies where Law/Carrot are. Oh and Izo will 100% replace Kanjuro there too, since he's on Orochi's side anyway.

Vol 99 will keep the same, but Drake will move over to Luffy's side, Hotei introduced plus a Mimiwarigumi character box possibly, and at least 4 Numbers will be added (Jaki (4), Goki (5), Nangi (7), and Juki (10) unless they are just grouped in 1 pic like Onibawanshu. Other than this, nothing significant unless the BMP join by the end of Vol 98 or some other Beasts Pirate member/outside force is introduced.
    Jinbe is finally going to bump Shanks off the first page, which is cool.

Oda changed Usopp face in chapter 979!!

https://twitter.com/4869_rk/status/1306060826856415233

Weekly Shonen Jump #23/2020 version.

One Piece Volume 97 version.

New illustration of Queen from Vol.97, in two versions (color & black & white).

Thanks to onemusashi :

Yo, Bad Future Chopper is hardcore.

https://twitter.com/newworldartur/st...85965204123648

Super-HQ cover

Quote Originally Posted by All Fiction View Post
    Oh, no. Hopefully it won't affect his art that much further down the line. OP's art quality as of late is already not what I would call astounding, at least compared to pre time-skip.
    are you joking? did u see the onigashima panel recently? lol

Hahahaha that original usopp expression did bugged me a little

Bad timeline Chopper starts to look a hell of a lot more like a mink, but there's probably nothing deeper to that at all.

So do you really believe Oda just spoiled us when Luffy will find the One Piece,and what will happen after that? Nah i dont buy it. My interpretation of his words is like the one Artur wrote in his website,so basically the story ends with Luffy finding the One Piece,and of course we will see the aftermath but it will be something shorter than a final war,which will happen before Luffy finds the One Piece. Yeah i remember what Whitebeard said,but he could be wrong about a war happening after the discovery of the One Piece. So basically the manga will still end in 5 years according to Oda.

It should be noted that Oda finishes his little volume message with "Just kidding! Volume 97, begin!" but who knows if "just kidding" refers to his eyesight getting worse or just to him putting on his glasses while he sleeps to see his dreams better lol

Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    are you joking? did u see the onigashima panel recently? lol
    I still enjoy his art. But I’ve been noticing some panels here and there that look rough. Mind you, I read the official chapter releases.

Quote Originally Posted by NamiRobinFrankyAce View Post
    So do you really believe Oda just spoiled us when Luffy will find the One Piece,and what will happen after that? Nah i dont buy it. My interpretation of his words is like the one Artur wrote in his website,so basically the story ends with Luffy finding the One Piece,and of course we will see the aftermath but it will be something shorter than a final war,which will happen before Luffy finds the One Piece. Yeah i remember what Whitebeard said,but he could be wrong about a war happening after the discovery of the One Piece. So basically the manga will still end in 5 years according to Oda.
    Arthur's translation is wrong. I'll break down the actual Japanese of the first part for anyone who wants to follow along.

はい。やめるっていうか、

I think most of the confusion is probably that it starts with simply saying Hai, which as a lot of non-Japanese readers would still probably recognize as "Yes". While it is true that Hai means Yes it can also be used as sort of a sentence starter as well, so you have to actually keep reading instead of jumping to conclusions! He then goes on to say yameru teiuka, yameru meaning "end" and teiuka being a phrase used to clarify a statement, kind of like "or rather?" or "how should I put it"? So again we should probably examine the next sentence before jumping to conclusions. I think he knew this was a correctional phrase (rather) and added on his own guess as to what it was correcting "rather than wanting it to end".

ルフイの一番面白い部分、One Pieceって何なの?の物語が完結する、終わります。

Here he says that it is the most "interesting" (strangely that is the exact word he uses) part of Luffy's story, "what is One Piece?" will conclude. He then adds a comma and "owarimasu", to further clarify that the mystery of One Piece will be concluded. While the phrase Monogatari, which means, story is used it is used immediately after "of what One Piece is" (Japanese grammar is kind of the reverse of English grammar). In other words he is saying the mystery of what One Piece is will be concluded. He does not say that the manga will be concluded and that's not because Japanese is indirect, he could directly say that if he wanted to. He choose to specify that the mystery of what One Piece is will be concluded within five years. And then moved on to hyping up the final arc, which I can break down if people want but the first posted translation is correct so not much point to really.

Quote Originally Posted by DaphneDescends View Post
    Arthur's translation is wrong. I'll break down the actual Japanese of the first part for anyone who wants to follow along.

はい。やめるっていうか、

I think most of the confusion is probably that it starts with simply saying Hai, which as a lot of non-Japanese readers would still probably recognize as "Yes". While it is true that Hai means Yes it can also be used as sort of a sentence starter as well, so you have to actually keep reading instead of jumping to conclusions! He then goes on to say yameru teiuka, yameru meaning "end" and teiuka being a phrase used to clarify a statement, kind of like "or rather?" or "how should I put it"? So again we should probably examine the next sentence before jumping to conclusions. I think he knew this was a correctional phrase (rather) and added on his own guess as to what it was correcting "rather than wanting it to end".

ルフイの一番面白い部分、One Pieceって何なの?の物語が完結する、終わります。

Here he says that it is the most "interesting" (strangely that is the exact word he uses) part of Luffy's story, "what is One Piece?" will conclude. He then adds a comma and "owarimasu", to further clarify that the mystery of One Piece will be concluded. While the phrase Monogatari, which means, story is used it is used immediately after "of what One Piece is" (Japanese grammar is kind of the reverse of English grammar). In other words he is saying the mystery of what One Piece is will be concluded. He does not say that the manga will be concluded and that's not because Japanese is indirect, he could directly say that if he wanted to. He choose to specify that the mystery of what One Piece is will be concluded within five years. And then moved on to hyping up the final arc, which I can break down if people want but the first posted translation is correct so not much point to really.
    Do you think his breakdown of the final arc, as related to Wano, implies that it will be right after Wano or after finding One Piece?
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Bad timeline Chopper starts to look a hell of a lot more like a mink, but there's probably nothing deeper to that at all.
    I think it's him becoming the "monster" people thought he was back at Drum.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Do you think his breakdown of the final arc, as related to Wano, implies that it will be right after Wano or after finding One Piece?
    So the reason I said it was pointless is because it's kind of hard to tell even in Japanese and I can't really add much to what the translation posted a couple pages back said.

いま「ワノ国盛り上がってますけども
    Right now Wano Country is heating up BUT

ルフイガ無事ここを出航できたなら、
    If Luffy safely sets sail from Wano Country

世界的展開、

Basically means a wordly development (世界=sekai=world), (的=teki=kind of means like? For instance if I added 的 to a kanji for say Japanese it would mean that something is very Japanese) and 展開=tenkai=development.

誰も読んだ事ないような大興奮、 One Piece 史上最も巨大な戦いを描く
    事になります。面白いです!!
    Then it's literally the most gigantic (巨大= kyodai=gigantic) battle (戦=tatakau=to go to war) he's ever written will take place, followed by hyping it as "interesting" with two exclamation marks. The use of 戦 is kind of interesting, cause it means to wage war where something like ikusa or sensou is the more usual writing of war in my experience. Idk if there's anything really worth reading into in that or not. I tried to break down the first more important part so people could look up any phrase for themselves but I'll speed through the rest. He says he wants to readers to know that the story is properly/ ちゃんと heading towards it's conclusion, which I bring up because I think it kind of seals the deal that we're actually debating Shueisha's marketing tactics more than any finite road map in Oda's head.

To end with some more conjecture, I think it might be useful to not think of the war as on/off switch with no return and no room for other less related arcs. For all we know he could be saying that if Luffy safely left now he could be caught up in some crazy stuff, but it may be concluded (for the time being) by the time he reaches Wano and all he can do is continue his journey. Given the writing of the story I'd expect a war between the WG and Revolutionaries to happen and make some headlines but it won't be till he finds One Piece that the actual war explodes into a world war.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I mean, normal heavy point Chopper could probably pass for a mink already. Not all of them are nicely proportioned humanoids like Carrot and Pedro. There's wide variety among them if you look at all of them (just like there's in OP humans).

Quote Originally Posted by DaphneDescends View Post
    So the reason I said it was pointless is because it's kind of hard to tell even in Japanese and I can't really add much to what the translation posted a couple pages back said.

いま「ワノ国盛り上がってますけども
    Right now Wano Country is heating up BUT

ルフイガ無事ここを出航できたなら、
    If Luffy safely sets sail from Wano Country

世界的展開、

Basically means a wordly development (世界=sekai=world), (的=teki=kind of means like? For instance if I added 的 to a kanji for say Japanese it would mean that something is very Japanese) and 展開=tenkai=development.

誰も読んだ事ないような大興奮、 One Piece 史上最も巨大な戦いを描く
    事になります。面白いです!!
    Then it's literally the most gigantic (巨大= kyodai=gigantic) battle (戦=tatakau=to go to war) he's ever written will take place, followed by hyping it as "interesting" with two exclamation marks. The use of 戦 is kind of interesting, cause it means to wage war where something like ikusa or sensou is the more usual writing of war in my experience. Idk if there's anything really worth reading into in that or not. I tried to break down the first more important part so people could look up any phrase for themselves but I'll speed through the rest. He says he wants to readers to know that the story is properly/ ちゃんと heading towards it's conclusion, which I bring up because I think it kind of seals the deal that we're actually debating Shueisha's marketing tactics more than any finite road map in Oda's head.

To end with some more conjecture, I think it might be useful to not think of the war as on/off switch with no return and no room for other less related arcs. For all we know he could be saying that if Luffy safely left now he could be caught up in some crazy stuff, but it may be concluded (for the time being) by the time he reaches Wano and all he can do is continue his journey. Given the writing of the story I'd expect a war between the WG and Revolutionaries to happen and make some headlines but it won't be till he finds One Piece that the actual war explodes into a world war.
    Thank you for more clarification, even if clarification actually comes out to more obfuscation. I think there were a lot of people who immediately interpreted it as Oda firmly stating that after finding One Piece there will be a war and I didn't think any of the translations said that. From what you're saying, we can at least say he didn't say that, but also that he's not proclaiming anything solid about what is coming after Wano.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

this whole ordeal is starting to feel like a marketing thing to make the readers that dropped the series coming back to catch up because the end is near, sure it is coming, Oda probably got all the arcs and storylines ready but who knows how long time itll actually take to execute them.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information