+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Time Paradox Ghost Writer

Default Time Paradox Ghost Writer

Time Paradox Ghost Writer
    Genre: Sci-fi, Shounen
    Author: Ichima Kenji (story), Date Tsunehiro (artwork)
    Serialization: Weekly Shounen Jump
    Publisher: Shueisha

Chapter 1
    Last edited by Kaizou 10; May 18th, 2020 at 08:21 AM.

Default Re: Time Paradox Ghost Writer

First chapter was pretty interesting. I'm curious to see where this nonsense goes.

It's been a little while since Bakuman.

Please post the official SJ link as opposed to the bootleg when possible.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapt...ox-ghostwriter
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Despite the supernatural (sci-fi?) aspects, this manages to be more realistic than Bakuman, in that it really shows the struggles one has to go through to become a mangaka. It really seems like the author put his personal experiences of desperation and despair into the first chapter, and that resonated with me. Unfortunately, it's very possible that these elements will now be pushed aside in favour of the supernatural elements, but I'm interested in seeing where the story goes nevertheless. Let's see how it continues.

Pretty interested for what happen next.

I realize being a mangaka is hard but given the current crop of generic gag manga or demon slaying action manga that just came out, I feel the manga is exaggerating heavily on the standards that need to be met to make it into Jump. I feel it more likely that the poor guy got an editor who didn't give a fuck and was throwing out perfectly good manga because he's a dick.

It feels like that is the conclusion to be made, even if what he said (do the things that only you can do/what makes you special) is actually pretty good advice

But I guess this editor in chief is thinking on “the series that get over 70 chapters” “We ignore the under 40s here unless they are part of the success story of other manga. “

Granted, that ends up happening because the format of having a cliffhanger each week diminishes impact , and producing a chapter each week is brutal Work hours.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

This was an unusual one that came out of the left field.
    Like, if it was planned well and the author has an idea where to go, it will actually be good.
    If it's going to be another Bakuman, it's not going to do well.
    The white knight/hero text box of the MC that succeed is generic as shit, if that's the standard that Jump holds up to and that's the author vision of a successful manga then that's a huge Red flag.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

As I said in the shueisha thread, this is the series in Weeky Shonen Jump with the most potential FOR ME since Chainsaw Man. It's been a long time since Bakuman (which I never ended up reading completely, unfortunately) and this seems to be taking its baton. But it's not only a Bakuman successor/copy, it adds a totally new twist that gives it a lot of potential. It's the thing that really clinched my interest right at the end of the chapter. The fact that the real author of the series from the future that the main character drew is already around has a lot of promise for conflict and development. I can't wait to see where this is going and I really hope it keeps delivering. Honeslty, I'm very satisfied with this first chapter, it started with a bang to me. The chapter establishes the main character's personality, touches on his background and at what point he is in his life, what his material and mental struggles are, what he has been through. Let's see what the 2nd chapter has in store. I think the little girl who is the actual author will be more heavily involved.

"A rubber kid goes to find the treasure of a pirate to the sea, hijinx ensues", "another reteling of journey to the west, but suddenly superman", "highschool basketball, for delinquents", "a middle age cop tries several get rich schemes", "a pariah orphan aims to be ninja president", "tentacle monster teaches highschool", "child soldier fights old man for the cure for his sister's pink eye", "partners become part of demanding and unrewarding job", "kid looks for deadbeat parent", "bland kid attracts many attractive highscholers with generic acts of kindness while he randomly gropes them in convoluted accidents", "kid choses a profession he's highly unsuited for, and ignores advices of parents and professionals", "orphan discovers that adults lie, hijinks ensues", "kid loses dog to the mob, welcomes indented servitude for a breakfast and vague promises of sexual favors", "child soldier who reaches adulthood becomes an underarchieving otaku", "screaming kid that can't do the thing, manages to do the thing, unortodoxically"

A premise can only take you so far, it is all about execution.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

And with the advent of chapter 2? Not much happened, but I can't wait to see chapter 3. I guess mission accomplished?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I just noticed I read this before all the other non-OP manga. Could this be the power of... future plagiarism!?

(EDIT: Now that I think about it, it just means I read it before MHA since there was no Jigokuraku this time and I always leave Chainsaw Man for last)
    Last edited by .access timeco.; May 24th, 2020 at 01:57 PM.

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

This is the winner of the new batch. The guy was really bothered by the plagiarism but gave in to the circumstances in a realistic way.
    Wash your hands.

There are a ton of way to mental gymnastics your way into doing what you want. I really hope they find a good co-working style, as in she’s not actually ready to launch the manga, and without this dude she won’t be for another ten years.

But after they stablish their ghost writing alliance, or the true author pulls another manga out of her ass trying to do his plot twists earlier than her for revenge, I don’t see how this manga can last.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information