+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Yashahime(Inuyasha Sequel)

Default Yashahime(Inuyasha Sequel)

Default Re: Inuyasha is getting a sequel

Isn't this the manga that already ran way, way, way too long?

I guess she needs the money. I do not think she has had smash hits recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    Nah that’s Bastard, Golgo 13, and Kochikame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Bastard
    I'm amazed to see mangaka with worse output ratio than Togashi.

Beet The Vandal Buster went on a decade long hiatus, apparently came back then took another hiatus.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    Its was 56 volumes, which was way less than some other long runners that went too long. Also, it was largely the anime padding that made it seem that way, they had a LOT of filler episodes. But they were actual standalone episodes instead of chapter padding that did a decent job of matching tone, so it was hard to tell.

Also, Takehashi wanted to end it way way sooner, but its success had the editors prompt her to keep it going.

You look at the actual pacing of the thing, stuff like the jewel being like 90% remade, Sango and Miroku getting engaged, Kikyo dying again (before she came back AGAIN) Sesshomoru's turn around, when Kagura died... were all before the 1/2 mark. The story was very clearly *wrapping up* long before it was drawn out. I can't find the article anymore but I did read once that she WAS encouraged to extend it, that's not just assumption.

It was inflated well past what the author would have naturally done, same as Ranma was. You look at her other series like One Pound Gospel or Maison Ikkoku epecially, and those tend to run at reasonable paces.

Also, this is basically the anime staff doing their version of Boruto. Takehashi herself is just advising, she's not doing a new manga. And it been like 15 years since Inu Yasha ended, its fine.

Quote Originally Posted by PatTraverse View Post
    I guess she needs the money. I do not think she has had smash hits recently.
    Rin-ne ran for nearly ten years (40 volumes) and had a 75 episode anime. It wasn't a mega hit by any means, but it did fine. (That it was about shinigami at the same time Bleach was running might have been a factor) And she just started her new series Mao about a year ago and it already has an anime lined up.

Beet The Vandal Buster went on a decade long hiatus, apparently came back then took another hiatus.
    The artist apparently broke their hand or something in that particular case but yeah... 10 year gap only to then go into hiatus again is sad. I actually liked that series too.
    Last edited by Robby; May 9th, 2020 at 07:44 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I would have guessed that Ranma and Inuyasha are enough to be set for life, I doubt she does anything for the money nowadays...?

Anyway, not really interested. I only gave Inuyasha a chance because Ranma was entertaining (with ups and downs), but watching the Anime was kind of painful.

Edit: Yeah, she is one of the richest people in Japan according to wikipedia (based on taxes paid).

I know that she is very successful and rich. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. I tried Maison Ikkoku, Ranma and Inuyasha with only finding Maison Ikkoku to be pretty decent because like it has been said above; the story was not dragged out. I understand Takahashi's success as she is definitely no hack just not my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post

The artist apparently broke their hand or something in that particular case but yeah... 10 year gap only to then go into hiatus again is sad. I actually liked that series too.
    I was trying to figure out what the issue was but couldn’t find anything but even having a broken hand would
    suck certainly less worse than what happened to the author of Highschool Of The Dead whose death put the manga on hiatus until the end of the time.

I could be mistaken but waaaay back when the series first went into hiatus I think there was a comment about a hand injury... somewhere.

Not prominent enough to be memorialized into wikipedia or anything but...
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Loved the original, can't wait for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Its was 56 volumes, which was way less than some other long runners that went too long. Also, it was largely the anime padding that made it seem that way, they had a LOT of filler episodes. But they were actual standalone episodes instead of chapter padding that did a decent job of matching tone, so it was hard to tell.

Also, Takehashi wanted to end it way way sooner, but its success had the editors prompt her to keep it going.

You look at the actual pacing of the thing, stuff like the jewel being like 90% remade, Sango and Miroku getting engaged, Kikyo dying again (before she came back AGAIN) Sesshomoru's turn around, when Kagura died... were all before the 1/2 mark. The story was very clearly *wrapping up* long before it was drawn out. I can't find the article anymore but I did read once that she WAS encouraged to extend it, that's not just assumption.

It was inflated well past what the author would have naturally done, same as Ranma was. You look at her other series like One Pound Gospel or Maison Ikkoku epecially, and those tend to run at reasonable paces.

Also, this is basically the anime staff doing their version of Boruto. Takehashi herself is just advising, she's not doing a new manga. And it been like 15 years since Inu Yasha ended, its fine.
    Ah that explains why I got so tired of Inuyasha eventually. After a point it seemed to be just repeat itself and just drag on. I caught the feeling it was nearly done, then it juuuussst drrraaaggged along. I ended up abandoning it because it became boring with how it dragged.

From that link above, seems the sequel will focus on the daughters of Inuyasha & Sesshoumaru? ...why did it seem to be following footsteps of Boruto .. or whatever the title is

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    Ah that explains why I got so tired of Inuyasha eventually. After a point it seemed to be just repeat itself and just drag on. I caught the feeling it was nearly done, then it juuuussst drrraaaggged along. I ended up abandoning it because it became boring with how it dragged.
    Roughly 50 episodes out of the original 167 were filler, and mostly in the second half of the series... so there's good reason it felt sloggy and repetitive. if you compare the first 60 or so episodes to anything later its a significant difference. This happens to a lot of manga longrunners... they start out with a buffer so the early anime is filler free but then it catches up and well...

You can just skip most of that and watch The Final Act, even if you missed the last 100 episodes of the anime, and you won't miss a thing. and can jump right into the finale without missing a thing. That last 26 episodes of the revival are *crammed* with content because they had the opposite problem... but better too much than too little.

From that link above, seems the sequel will focus on the daughters of Inuyasha & Sesshoumaru? ...why did it seem to be following footsteps of Boruto .. or whatever the title is
    Doing generational jumps is a normal thing. You get to see that all the couples had happy lives, but they're old and mature enough they're not immediately dragged into things... while you still get to play with the same world and lore, and bring those favorites back whenever you need to.
    Last edited by Robby; May 10th, 2020 at 03:33 AM.

Nah that’s Bastard, Golgo 13, and Kochikame
    Golgo 13 can never run too long.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Golgo 13 can never run too long.
    It can when you take your apparent first hiatus in 51 years of serialization.

Takahashi already uses the running gag a lot so I suppose when you add filler it can only feel too much

Her new serizialisation Mao has quite some common points with Inuyasha so I wonder if this is related

As someone who loved early Inuyasha and actually owned the entire manga series in English... why are we supposed to care about this?

People started watching Boruto because it aired not long after Naruto and the manga had a huge cast of fan favorite characters that many people were still invested in despite the series dragging a bit.

With Inuyasha there were like seven important characters who weren't that well fleshed out and their stories were all fully resolved at the end after twenty or thirty volumes of dragged out boredom.

What's the draw here?
    Last edited by RoboBlue; May 10th, 2020 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    People started watching Boruto because it aired not long after Naruto and the manga had a huge cast of fan favorite characters that many people were still invested in despite the series dragging a bit.
    And bitching about who ended up with who.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    As someone who loved early Inuyasha and actually owned the entire manga series in English... why are we supposed to care about this?
    Well its a *new story* so you're not supposed to care about it at all yet, like any story you haven't yet seen.

But for people that were fans of the series, bigger ones than you are, its more of the world they like and a chance to see what happened after. Get some new adventures and new characters, with the same mix of comedy and adventure that got the previous series to sell 40 mill copies and run for 200 episodes.

I'm perfectly interested to see what a follow up does that doesn't have the constraints of a manga to keep pace with. Also, NOT being dragged down by Naraku plot and shard hunt means hopefully it'll be a lot less formulaic overall.

Granted, these ten year later follow ups on older shows tend to not go great, if Slayers and Tenchi are anything to go by, but it could be good.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information