+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Yashahime(Inuyasha Sequel)

Default Re: Inuyasha is getting a sequel

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    As someone who loved early Inuyasha and actually owned the entire manga series in English... why are we supposed to care about this?

People started watching Boruto because it aired not long after Naruto and the manga had a huge cast of fan favorite characters that many people were still invested in despite the series dragging a bit.

With Inuyasha there were like seven important characters who weren't that well fleshed out and their stories were all fully resolved at the end after twenty or thirty volumes of dragged out boredom.

What's the draw here?
    Sesshoumaru was the only reason I even watched the show. So if he's around. I'll definitely watch. Although it'll be like why I watch Boruto. Just hopes of seeing characters I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Sesshoumaru was the only reason I even watched the show. So if he's around. I'll definitely watch. Although it'll be like why I watch Boruto. Just hopes of seeing characters I like.
    Sesshoumaru was criminally underused.

I might be interested in seeing him again.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Sesshoumaru was criminally underused.

I might be interested in seeing him again.
    The nerd groups I'm in are all losing it over who could be his baby mama.

Which of course has caused some people to clutch their pearls over at least one know suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Yeah. That'll be so fun if it is Rin...

People are already preparing to call him a groomer.

I'm assuming it's not her since there's no resemblance to her from the color images I've seen.

The trailer for Yashahime is out.

This sequel is kinda giving Blue Seed vibes.... I wonder if there is gonna be a dub. If so I hope they use Ocean to dub it.

Of course there will be a dub. Its a huge property, I'm sure Viz is working on it even now.

And obviously they'll try to get back the original cast if at all possible.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I watch the first episode of Yashahime. I thought the episode was really good. I like that most of the first episode was mostly an flashback that took place a couple months after the finale of the original series. It was nice seeing the main characters and some of the recurring characters again. From what I seen of them so far, I already like Towa, Setsuna and Moroha.

New show is kind of a hot mess. That first episode was terrible nonsense for any new viewers (which I'm not) but it starts with a flash forward, then it focuses entirely on the old cast, then the second episode goes to a flashback... and somehow Inu Yasha and Kagome's daughter has never met the kids from the other families?

(And we still havent gotten to where the first episode started)

Like obviously they want to play off a mystery of "what happened to those characters?" but they're doing a terrible job of it. Its not even an explicitly stated mystery at this point, its just kind of lingering there unaddressed. And after having the old cast showcased heavily in the first episode, are they even going to appear in any capacity for the rest of the series?

Like, the actual show hasn't even acknowledged whose these girls are the daughters of, if the marketing materials didn't spell it out and they left out the first episode, it could almost just be an actual standalone spinoff set in the world.

Hopefully third episode starts to tie to all together.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

A few updates. Here's the cast for the Yashahime english dub its been confirmed its gonna be a LA/Vancouver dub with most of the original cast from InuYasha dub returning (bar Moneca Stori of course)
    https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/...543244290?s=19
    https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/...231632897?s=19
    https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/...832825857?s=19

And here's a clip of the dub
    https://www.youtube.com/isZnZHRq1Jk

I'm actually excited for the dub for Yashahime. Since I'm happy that they got Richard, David, Kelly, Kira, Jillian, and Kirby back to reprise their roles from both the original anime and Final Act. I'm actually surprised they were able to get David back for this, since he haven't really been doing dub voices for anime in a long time (Since he didn't voice Sesshomaru during the Final Act episodes).

Well, getting them back isn't too big a deal if the first five episodes are any indication... given how little the old main characters are actually appearing past the first episode.

And that considered there'd be riots if they didn't manage to get back at least some of them. Same as when they had the Tenchi and Slayers casts come back after a decade for their follow ups.

Watched the dub of the first episode out of curiosity of what the new characters sounded like, and to hear the old cast again. And wow, old is right. I know its been 10 years since Final Act, and 17 since they started dubbing the original show, but none of themm sounded like themselves. There were some bits and pieces that sounded right but... is that just aging at work or did they all forget how to play their roles? It's kind of weird.

Not like they'll be anywhere else in the show after the first episode so it barely matters, but still weird.

Quoting myself from the RIP thread Kirby Morrow (Miroku) has passed away
    Quote Originally Posted by Onepieceanimefan23 View Post
    Kirby Morrow voice of Miroku from Inuyasha has passed away.
    https://www.gateworld.net/news/2020/...ies-at-47/amp/

Dang.... Kirby is going to be missed. I always enjoyed his performance of Miroku.

Shouldn't the title of this thread be updated to the series name?

Nah, no one would know what Yashahime is.

No one's talking about it anyway.

Possibly because nothing interesting has happened.

Yeah, but maybe we could change the tense. How about "Inuyasha has gotten a sequel"

It could just be titled Yashahime (Inuyasha Sequel).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information