+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bounties After Wano

Default Bounties After Wano

So I remembered we had a long discussion about bounties after Whole Cake and wanted to discuss bounties going forward after Wano. Not just talking about numbers though, I'd like insight from others as to how Oda would use these numbers to "balance" the rest of the series. Maybe it's not an issue it at all but this is a topic thats really interesting to me beyond the raw numbers.

This is like the 4th time I've tried to bring up this topic around the internet since Arlong Park went down. Please lets talk about it! I'm lonely.

So where do you all expect Straw Hat bounties to end up after all this? For reference I've included known bounties of the bigger enemies who are actually present in the arc as well as Shanks and Black Beard. Should Kaidou and Big Mom go down does Luffy get a bounty bigger than Teach and Shanks? Do Luffy's biggest fighters cross into the billions club just yet? Are you all ready for Nami and Chopper to cross into the hundreds of millions?

Big Mom - 4,388,000,000.B
    Kaido - 4,611,100,000.B

Smoothie - 932,000,000.B

Jack - 1,000,000,000.B
    Queen - 1,320,000,000.B
    Perospero - 700,000,000.B

Oven - 300,000,000.B

Daifuku - 300,000,000.B
    Hawkins - 320,000,000.B
    Drake - 222,000,000.B(as of 2 years ago)
    Mont'dor - 120,000,000.B

Black Beard - 2,247,600,000.B
    Shanks - 4,048,900,000.B
    Ace - 550,000,000.B

With the team ups going on I don't think Luffy will get a bounty bigger than Kaido's or Linlin's. Well maybe thats not necessarily true. What ever the result of the war is I think Luffy needs to stay under Teach's bounty just for the sake of being an underdog in the future. Teach stated he was going to go after something that he didn't want the Government to get so maybe that confrontation rockets him even higher beyond his 2 billion bounty. At the same time if both Emperors are out right defeated and Luffy is the key reason for it how do you not justify a 4Billion+ bounty?

I'm also trying to keep in mind Roger's bounty of 5,564,800.000.B. This seems to be the ceiling in which Luffy will reach and surpass as the Pirate King probably reaching that golden 5,600,000,000.B for gomu pun. I can only imagine this happening after Raftel. Maybe it goes even higher once the world is saved. Of course at that point Luffy is a hero, does the bounty get raised???

I guess I'm trying to think of a way for the characters to feel like they could increase 1 or 2 more logical bumps before Laugh Tale. The Commanders of Emperor crews we have now are like the peak of what subordinates get as far as we can tell. I mean even Queen is less than a Billion away from Teach. Someone help me imagine a scenario where Zoro, Sanji and Jimbei defeat someone commander level and don't end up with a billion+ bounty. I feel like a number like that would be too soon if a few more increases happen before the confrontation with Teach. That's just my feeling. I certainly was blown away by 1.5billion after Katakuri and the Whole Cake adventure.

Though now that I think about it, Shank's crew was referred to as being the most well rounded. What if his top guys are closer to the 2 billion range and Teach's top guys end up being up there as well? In that case I could see Zoro beating a 1.4 billion King and ending up with 1.5 billion himself. Or does each Straw Hat get some sort of aid that has them end up with a bounty a little less than their enemies?

Franky, Nami, Brook, Chopper, Usopp and Robin are in really comfortable positions to all end up with bounties in the hundreds of millions. And I say this because of all the Ovens and Hawkinses running around. Of course this is all depending on the worth of their enemies or contributions to the over all fight. Of course gags and puns should be taken into account cause One Piece always gonna One Piece.

And finally I'm taking into account that most every major event of this battle will be known to the government and marines because of CP0 being present.

Here are some bull ship numbers, no puns sorry. And please these aren't my hard numbered guesses. I'm just trying to get discussion going.

Luffy - 3.5 Billion
    Zoro - 1.5 Billion
    Sanji - 1.4 Billion
    Jimbie - 1 Billion
    Usopp - 500 Million
    Robin - 430 Million
    Franky - 400 Million
    Brook - 370 Million
    Nami - 200 Million
    Chopper - 150 Million

I don't know, it's just fun to imagine. What do you all think?
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Default Re: Bounties After Wano

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post

Luffy - 3.5 Billion
    Zoro - 1.5 Billion
    Sanji - 1.4 Billion
    Jimbie - 1 Billion
    Usopp - 500 Million
    Robin - 430 Million
    Franky - 400 Million
    Brook - 370 Million
    Nami - 200 Million
    Chopper - 150 Million

Nice thread, and cool that you added the other rewards for reference. now, well Luffy oftenly suprasses the rewards of the people he beats up, but it's indeed quite hard to picture that is going to be the case here, and if Luffy doesnt may be that Zoro and the others don't either.
    So here's what I'm thinking;

Luffy is going to double his actual reward reaching 3 Billion.
    Zoro will not get the 1billion mark from my perspective, because he's not a danger to civilians and cause he's going to destroy Mihawk's history as an infamous swordsman, so I'm thinking 900 million will do.
    I'm pretty conflicted with Jinbe and Sanji at this moment, at this point I don't even see why Jinbe can't fight Queen and Sanji Jack, I suppose it really depends on who they're going to fight, for all we know Sanji might be pushed back to fight Tobi Roppos instead, Jinbe is too damn strong for that shit. But since I believe they both are staying behind Zoro once this ends, Im going with 700Millions for Jinbe, 650Millions for Sanji.
    With Usopp, I don't know how much Oda wants to keep on going with his ridiculous massive bounty, but if that's the case, I'm going for 400Million
    Franky is the one who deserves de 200Million Usopp currrently has, so I'm going for 240Millions for him.
    Brook is also totally going beyond 200Million but will remain lower than Franky, so 210Million on Yohoho.
    Robin, she's doesn't get that much of big increases over time, and I don't know if she's finally getting her own versus, so she's ending up with 170Million, even tho, if it leaks out that Luffy will come out with 3 Road Poneglyphs, that's going to put the WG super stressed, and that would justify for a much bigger increase, sort of like uhm 270million would do.
    Nami, she kinda hates becoming more and more notorious on her rewards, but with Zeus around, is just inevitable that she will, so, she's also going tu surpass the 100Million(at the very least). not sure of a more specific number here, just above 100Million.
    Chopper, well, X Drake is here, and he could finally tell the Marines that they have been understimating him, so it would be a good time for him to finally get a real reward, but in the other hand, Oda loves being cruel on him, so unless Drake tells the tale, Chopper is either getting a big increase, or remain being a cute pet, with 200 bellies. doubling his actual reward only.

Plus, let's also consider that others will get increases as well, more specifically Law and Kidd, and there's still plenty of enemies to feed up on those two, Perospero, Oven, Daifoku, Smoothie, the Tobi Roppo, Kaido's son(if he's strong), and in the eyes of the one who can tell the marines what the fuck just happened in Wano(once again X Drake), those two along with Luffy are the main heads leading the whole raid on Onigashima, and since they both might also participate in whatever is going to happen to Linlin, and in Kaido's defeat itself, I'm thinking Kidd is going to get 1.7Billion, leaving him still as a somewhat rival to Luffy, and Law will get 1.2Billion, being the master mind who started all this from Punk Hazard.

I think it's too early for anyone but Luffy to hit the billion mark.

Especially after how we've been following Luffy's progression to get that bounty in the first place. Dude had to fight two Commanders for like half a day or so to get to that level.

Extremely hard to predict, as your post shows there are countless factors to consider.
    I'll go ahead and make my prediction.

Luffy: IF Blackbeard's bounty gets increased a lot due to him obtaining an Ancient Weapon: Luffy hits 2.5 bil. If Blackbeard's bounty does NOT raise: Luffy hits 2 bil.
    Zoro: 1.2 bil?
    Nami: 300 mil
    Usopp: 300 mil
    Sanji: 1 bil
    Chopper: 100 mil or 200 mil
    Robin: (if accurately done) Should realistically be incredibly high due to how close they are to Raftel and her knowledge. Beyond 500m? If her Poneglyph knowledge is for some reason not accounted for, then low hundred millions.
    Franky: 400m
    Brook: 300m
    Jinbe: High hundred mils or a bil

I make no claim that these will end up correct but it'll be cool to see how close I get on some when Wano ends in 2-3 years. I'm also factoring in that the SH's are less dangerous to civilians.

- Yours with love, The World's Strongest Creature
    Next prediction: "Enies" has more to it than meets the eye
    My proudest prediction: Predicted Imu before he showed up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7BkabF31ak

Have not read responses yet but yes! Nice big responses! How I've missed it! Just hook it to my veins!

Edit:
    @Monquito - 3 Billion does seem like a good ending point for Luffy. It says he can contend with the others but doesn't control territory or is as evil. Kinda sorta maybe? And then it still leaves him less than Shanks and potentially less than Black Beard should he do something like steal an Ancient Weapon like Kowaru said. Oh yeah also like Kowaru mentioned they may factor in Luffy not being dangerous to civilians.

I also agree that Zoro will end up higher than both Jimbei and Sanji it's just at this point I'm wondering if Oda will do the old way where Zoro had a considerable lead above most of the others or did he start a new neck and neck trend with Sanji? Jimbei's first bounty at 76mill is just funny when you look at Sanji's first bounty of 77mill, I wonder if we're going to see some reference later.

@King Cannon - I too believe 1 Billion is just about too much for anyone that isn't Luffy but I just can't imagine anyone taking on Smoothie, Jack, Queen and King aside from the Straw Hats. Well I do believe Kid and Law certainly could I just think they will be preoccupied with the Emperors themselves.

I suppose I'm selling Neko, Inu and Ashura short because they did show themselves to be worthy of a fight against Jack and they all did manage to get hits in. To me Jack more or less stood out on top though. Neko and Inu tag teamed for days resting and restoring in 12 hour sets while Jack kept going. They wore him down until he resorted to poison gas but I think that says a ton about Jack. Then you have a one legged Inuarashi who managed to fight Ashura evenly when trying to recruit him and I just don't know if individually they will be enough. Well maybe I answered my own question, maybe they tag team him again! Sulong and all. Though speaking off Sulong, I imagine it's going to be the greatest thing ever until it runs out the enemy Zoans regenerate for round 2. In this scenario I feel like a Straw Hat will have to step in where the scabbards come up short.

And those 3 scabbards have outright stated that they became stronger in the last 20 years. I really don't believe Kinemon, Raizo, Kiku or Kawamatsu are at their level. Denjiro most certainly leveled up as well. We just haven't seen much beyond him blocking a strike from Zoro.

Oh no... I just imagined a scenario where Drake and Hawkins defect and go after one of the Calamities or Sweet Single.
    Last edited by RomanceDawn; April 20th, 2020 at 03:46 PM.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

To infinity and beyond! lello4ever's Avatar

Zoro and Sanji to get 1b+ bounties? Too much for me.

I'm just guessing here but I think Luffy's new monster trio (zoro, sanji and Jinbei) are gonna face off against Kaido's three calamities

Zoro vs King, Sanji vs Queen, and Jinbei vs Jack

then they'll each get over billion bounty

the only reason that might not happen is cause there wouldn't be much upward momentum left for them, very few people are stronger or as strong as the top three Yonko subordinates

After this arc it would basically be Admirals and Black Beards top three, and whatever type of new force Vega Punk has created..... and maybe a few of the level 6 prisoners who escaped

But it won't look too good if Zoro just randomly beats up King when Luffy had so much trouble with Katakuri. Zoro is finally going full beast+getting some assistance from someone.
    Same for whoever fights Queen.

Jack is just meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    But it won't look too good if Zoro just randomly beats up King when Luffy had so much trouble with Katakuri. Zoro is finally going full beast+getting some assistance from someone.
    Same for whoever fights Queen.

Jack is just meh.
    There’s a chance Marco could face off against King

Two right hand subordinates of a Yonko who can both turn into bird creatures and produce flames

And since it’s been like two weeks since Catviper went to see him maybe Jozu can come and face Queen

Maybe they save Sanji and Zoro at last second

Sorry I’m just throwing ideas out there to see if they’ll stick

Although Jinbei vs Jack doesn’t seem that crazy to me

Both are fishman and one cause droughts, a lack of water, against the literal best water bender in the entire series

Luffy: 2,5 - 3 billion
    kidd: 2 billion
    law: 1,8 billion
    soba mask: 800m
    zoLo: 790m
    jimbe 750m

Come to think of it, now that Luffy has his Calamities/Sweet Commanders(Zoro, Sanji, Jinbro). one thing we should consider here is that Franky, Brook and Robin would likely come out of Wano as the Tobi Roppo/Ministers of the Straw Hat crew, so I'm probably super wrong about those guy's bounties and all of them get very close, or surpass 300Million.
    After all, Daifoku and Oven are both at 300Million, Perospero is at 700Million, and X Drake's pre time skip bounty and still the one we know of is 222Million(even tho this one might be totally fake due to him being actually a Marine), but the other Tobi Roppos should be somewhere around the same as Oven, Daifoku and Perospero.

Meaning those three are getting major increases actually, and if they do, maybe, just maybe, Zoro, Sanji and Jinbro pass the 1Billion mark or get very close to it.

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

Luffy will end between 2 and 2.5 billion. Jimbe with slightly over 1 billion while Sanji and Zoro end in the 700-900 million range.
    Wash your hands.

If Zoro/Sanji ultimately defeat the likes of King/Queen/Jack, their bounties should be above 1 billion.

I believe Jinbe will be catapulted into the billions or close to it just by association with Luffy, even if he doesn't get to fight a calamity.

Up until now there was no reason to give this guy a bounty in the first place, since he's not a threat to anyone and the government knows that.

Quite the opposite, considering that he's basically your Friendly Neighborhood Fishman who tries to help civilians whenever he can. He's like the opposite of Caribou and Kid, who got an inflated number due to brutality.

However, becoming the underling of the soon-to-be biggest threat to the WG (alongside Blackbeard) should be enough of a reason to adjust his threat-level accordingly. His attitude doesn't matter anymore if he champions the cause of Luffy (as opposed to his loose status as allied captain of Big Mom, which was basically just friends with benefits).

Zoro will be going above 1 billion by defeating King, as name and fame are the pillars of his character, part of his dream even. That he isn't part of the Worst-Gen wanking yet is also mega suspicious, so I assume Oda will play that card when the time is right. Similiar to this scene in Dressrosa:

Zoro: "Oh yeah, I've forgot to say one thing....there is more to the Straw Hat Crew than Straw Hat Luffy and God Usopp. Don't forget this: I will be the greatest swordsman in the entire world. I'm on an entirely different level than you."

Sanji doesn't desperately require an increase in bounty, but I still believe Oda will make it clear that he's next in line after Zoro and comparable to Jinbe.

So I'm guessing for Luffy and his top 3:

Luffy in the 2,XX range, Blackbeard style

Zoro a bit above 1 billion

Sanji and Jinbe between 800-999

For the rest of the crew anything goes, probably around 300 and 400 million. Considering that one of the Flying 6 is female I could also see Nami getting a substantial increase.

Considering how big this arc is supposed to be, I can't possibly see Luffy getting a smaller increase now that after WCI. But by that same, token, I can't see this as the biggest increase we're gonna see because that should be the last (and probably next) one. So assuming he'll end up close to Roger's 5.5 billion and he's now 1.5 billion. The last increase was 1 billion so it should be bigger than that. But 2 billion would already make the Wano jump as big as the last one, so I'm gonna go with 1.5 billion and leave him at 3 billions. Now for the rest:

Zoro: 1.420 billion
    Sanji: 1.330 billion
    Jinbe: Let's give him a square billion
    Usopp: This is honestly a wildcard but let's say 500 million
    And for the rest, I'm gonna go with a flat 300 million increase too
    Robin: 430 million
    Franky: 394 million
    Brook: 383 million
    Nami: 366 million
    Chooper: 10000(a hundred-fold increase. Epic)

To infinity and beyond! lello4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darker View Post
    If Zoro/Sanji ultimately defeat the likes of King/Queen/Jack, their bounties should be above 1 billion.
    I don't understand how can zoro or sanji defeat single handedly king or queen. Luffy a few days ago hardly managed to deal with katakuri, and now zoro should do the same? that would mean that luffy and zoro are about the same level, and we know they aren't. so I think the calamities will be defeated only with a team work, just like luffy and kaido. luffy just can't defeat kaido alone right now, it's nonsense.

Based on current Emperor crew bounties...I can only see only Zoro surpassing a Billion bounty atm after this arc depending on if he actually fights King.

Luffy will skyrocket to say 4 billion mark i reckon, because he'll have added to his huge alliance with Wano & the Minks which makes him an even bigger threat to the World government than before.

The rest i cannot really sepeculate until we see the match ups

Quote Originally Posted by lello4ever View Post
    I don't understand how can zoro or sanji defeat single handedly king or queen. Luffy a few days ago hardly managed to deal with katakuri, and now zoro should do the same?
    Luffy beat Katakuri as an equal, while Zoro would have extreme difficulties dealing with King. He would be the clear underdog, that's the difference.

That said, what many readers are looking for in Wano are massive growth-battles, much like in Alabasta or Enies Lobby. Hurdles that seem impossible to overcome, but they'll manage anyway. It's been over a decade since we had those types of fights, people are starving for some real action.

Depends how many more Bounty updates are there for SHs until the end, but I don't see luffy's side get big bounties before facing the bb pirates. like even now there is no way someone like burgess has bounty on par with queen or king.

You don't want someone like zoro to have like 2 billion or more before facing his bb pirate, when even bb himself barely has 2,2 b.

1,3 is the final veteran NW, 50 years old top yonkou commander type of Bounty, can't have punks like zoro and sanji reach that at 21 when they got here in NW 1 month ago. Yeah, there's luffy, but he is yonkou and we know for a fact that he will surpass 5,6 b of roger by the end so he has to have at least 1,5 by now.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; April 21st, 2020 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lello4ever View Post
    I don't understand how can zoro or sanji defeat single handedly king or queen. Luffy a few days ago hardly managed to deal with katakuri, and now zoro should do the same? that would mean that luffy and zoro are about the same level, and we know they aren't. so I think the calamities will be defeated only with a team work, just like luffy and kaido. luffy just can't defeat kaido alone right now, it's nonsense.
    Yep, Zoro will defeat King or some other character that’s around King’s level.

And I’m dead serious about it.

For the Yonko (Kaido and Big Mom), I do agree that there should be some kind of team effort in order to bring them down though.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information