+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bounties After Wano

Default Re: Bounties After Wano

I think it depends on how this war turns out, right now it seems set on the Rocks alliance vs the Straw Hat alliance more or less, but that would mean Luffy having to beat Big Mom and Kaido two on one, which right now is something I can't see happening. To me what is more likely right now is that the Big Mom pirates turn up and start attacking both sides causing an alliance break up due to not being aware of the alliance and a bit of a three way (four if you include any marine interference) skirmish between Kaido/Mom/Luffy which would allow for slightly lower bounty boosts right now, but also for a way for Luffy to win this battle

Luffy - increased by 750m to 2.25b for winning this war
    Zoro - increased by 500m to 820m for defeating a commander level opponent
    Jinbei - increased by 300m to 738m for joining the Staw Hat crew and defeating a high ranking non commander
    Sanji - increased by 400m to 730m for defeating members of the 'flying 6'
    Ussop - increased by 300m to 500m for being perceived to defeat the numbers
    Robin - increased by 300m to 430m for participating in the war, and also a re-raising of her ability to read the poneglyphs
    Franky - increased by 200m to 294m for participating in the war (can see him defeating numbers but not getting credit)
    Brook - increased by 200m to 283m for participating in the war
    Nami - increased by 200m to 266m for participating in the war
    Chopper - increased by 900 to 1000 for participating in the war (can see him defeating numbers but not getting credit)

Quote Originally Posted by Morris D. Morris View Post
    I think it depends on how this war turns out, right now it seems set on the Rocks alliance vs the Straw Hat alliance more or less, but that would mean Luffy having to beat Big Mom and Kaido two on one, which right now is something I can't see happening. To me what is more likely right now is that the Big Mom pirates turn up and start attacking both sides causing an alliance break up due to not being aware of the alliance and a bit of a three way (four if you include any marine interference) skirmish between Kaido/Mom/Luffy which would allow for slightly lower bounty boosts right now, but also for a way for Luffy to win this battle

Luffy - increased by 750m to 2.25b for winning this war
    Zoro - increased by 500m to 820m for defeating a commander level opponent
    Jinbei - increased by 300m to 738m for joining the Staw Hat crew and defeating a high ranking non commander
    Sanji - increased by 400m to 730m for defeating members of the 'flying 6'
    Ussop - increased by 300m to 500m for being perceived to defeat the numbers
    Robin - increased by 300m to 430m for participating in the war, and also a re-raising of her ability to read the poneglyphs
    Franky - increased by 200m to 294m for participating in the war (can see him defeating numbers but not getting credit)
    Brook - increased by 200m to 283m for participating in the war
    Nami - increased by 200m to 266m for participating in the war
    Chopper - increased by 900 to 1000 for participating in the war (can see him defeating numbers but not getting credit)

I think people are underestimating and yet, simultaneously overestimating the feats of these characters. Really, we are at a point where Zoro, Sanji, Jinbe should be matching Yonko commanders. They need to push their limits. The Tobi Roppo should be reserved for weaker Strawhats (Franky, Brook, Robin, etc) and get them to a level that makes them worth of being under the future PK. The manga may have 10 years left, but anything under a billion for Luffy's top 3 when he's likely shooting past 2-3 billion is a little ridiculous.

At the same time, people are overestimating probably how much Luffy will grow this arc. Akainu and Blackbeard are people Luffy will have to contest with after this in the least, aside from any other possible arc villains, yet do people truly expect him to 1v1 Kaido? 1v2 Kaido/Big Mom? With the number of Supernova and high level allies this arc, it's clear that the battles against both will be more teamup oriented, with Luffy likely delivering a final blow to Kaido or having a small 1v1 by the end of the battle. This won't be without massive help. We need to stop underestimating a Yonko here, let alone 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Yeah Smoothie would be fine. And I disagree with Jack outlasting them.

Sulong is a big ass power up... But story and characters wise the team play would be more important
    Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Since Awakened Zoan seem to be able to recover from damage very fast, I can totally see InuNeko proving to be stronger than Jack and at the same time he managing to outlast the transformation and end up winning the fight.
    Right thats what I'm thinking.

Kishido I'm just thinking of it in terms of a "plan" that we are already privy to. We know it's their trump card. Are we to assume once the moonlight hits its game over for the opposing side? Seems to me Sulong is going to be everything the alliance needed until it isn't.

I can easily see Jack being defeated by Cat and Dog in their Sulong forms. I also see the battle continuing into the dawn and Awakened Zoans(potentially Jack) regenerating themselves. Seems at that point someone else would need step in and finish it off. I mean Jack already outlasted them for days on end without resting.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

I also innitially thought that Jack is reserved for Neko & Inu, but after the flashback I believe the scabbards deserve a piece of Orochi and his gang - and no one else. The only problem is that Orochi's side is so weak, the only combatant worth anything was Denjiro and... well!

Unless I'm severely underestimating the Oniwabanshu and those Samurai dudes. Mimuwarigumisomething.

The problem I have with Jinbe suddenly being being able to beat billion players.

Jinbe is a veteran player and even after WCI haven't got a big jump. If the marines would know that he is in reality YC level fighter they would auto raise his bounty way higher or not

Just let us think that Mihawk has no bounty and suddenly loses his Shichibukai status. I doubt he would "only" 500 million

Compared to him and others Luffy and co are still wild cards and rookies for the marines

But hey bounties are a strange thing after all
    Last edited by Kishido; April 21st, 2020 at 01:11 PM.

- Watch out, It's Jinbe of the strait, the former Warlord!

- Oh crap, we're toast! What will he do to us? Cut us down mercilessly like Hawk Eyes? Force us to kill our families like Doflamingo? Turn us into stone like the Pirate Empress? Remove our hearts and squeeze them really hard, like the surgeon of death Trafalgar Law?

- Uhm, apparently he wants to improve human-fishman relations.

- Human-fishman relations? He wants to improve them?!! HIDE YOUR KIDS HIDE YOUR WIVES!

Jinbe's bounty should have been minus 200 million.
    Last edited by Jabra; April 21st, 2020 at 01:26 PM.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

The problem I have with Jinbe suddenly being being able to beat billion players.

Jinbe is a veteran player and even after WCI haven't got a big jump. If the marines would know that he is in reality YC level fighter they would auto raise his bounty way higher or not
    But if you think about it, the Sun Pirates are just meh, and that's probably a big factor, if you're part of a Yonko crew and you're super threathening yourself, then you go up, see Perospero's ridiculous massive bounty, it kinda makes you doubt he would have that on his own merits.
    in the other hand, if you're strong but your crew is lame, then you just get a bounty for yourself since your crew doesn't help on your notoriety, see Kidd for example as well.

Just let us think that Mihawk has no bounty and suddenly loses his Shichibukai status. I doubt he would "only" 500 million

Compared to him and others Luffy and co are still wild cards and rookies for the marines

Mihawk is kind of the reason I don't want Zoro to reach the 1Billion mark, cause that'll isntantly turn him into the most infamous swordsman out there, and Mihawk better get a shit ton massive bounty or get captured to justify Zoro now being more famous than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    I also innitially thought that Jack is reserved for Neko & Inu, but after the flashback I believe the scabbards deserve a piece of Orochi and his gang - and no one else. The only problem is that Orochi's side is so weak, the only combatant worth anything was Denjiro and... well!

Unless I'm severely underestimating the Oniwabanshu and those Samurai dudes. Mimuwarigumisomething.
    Oh yeah Orochi, I never really take him or his ninjas into account. Orochi has Kanjuro, his 7 heads and the ninjas. I don't put much faith in them but there very well could end up formidable opponents. I'd be pretty cool with that if it meant the bigger players were left for the Straw Hats.

- Human-fishman relations? He wants to improve them?!! HIDE YOUR KIDS HIDE YOUR WIFES!

Jinbe's bounty should have been minus 200 million.
    lol Now I got that song in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Gia Sado View Post
    I think people are underestimating and yet, simultaneously overestimating the feats of these characters. Really, we are at a point where Zoro, Sanji, Jinbe should be matching Yonko commanders. They need to push their limits. The Tobi Roppo should be reserved for weaker Strawhats (Franky, Brook, Robin, etc) and get them to a level that makes them worth of being under the future PK. The manga may have 10 years left, but anything under a billion for Luffy's top 3 when he's likely shooting past 2-3 billion is a little ridiculous.
    The problem is that the Tobi Roppo have people around X Drake's level. And Drake is considered to be a leading name in the new era, even captaining the super secret Marine organization.

And the likes of Hawkins and Apoo are below that. Hawkins alone has the potential to give both Luffy and Zoro trouble.

Hell, Zoro struggled against 200 Million Killer not too long ago. He even fainted from a single strike.

In other words, bounty numbers are completely arbitrary and we should never take them seriously.
    Last edited by King Cannon; April 21st, 2020 at 02:05 PM.

If we are assuming the WG would acknowledge Zoro and Sanji are billion worth based on them defeating +billion bounties, why the same logic wouldn't apply for Jinbe?

Wasn't Jinbei more radical in his youth? Or am I completely misremembering that?
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    Wasn't Jinbei more radical in his youth? Or am I completely misremembering that?
    Yeah, he was too brutal even for Arlong standards.

But the WG has no reason to give him an extraordinary bounty after he toned down a lot. The Gorosei know this, Sengoku knew this. They even feared that the human/fishman relations would suffer after he left.

Yeah, he was too brutal even for Arlong standards.

But the WG has no reason to give him an extraordinary bounty after he toned down a lot. The Gorosei know this, Sengoku knew this. They even feared that the human/fishman relations would suffer after he left.
    Maybe his initial bounty was fairly high before it was frozen. And he's proven himself to be a powerful opponent of the marines and government. Makes sense to me that his bounty would be high.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    Maybe his initial bounty was fairly high before it was frozen. And he's proven himself to be a powerful opponent of the marines and government. Makes sense to me that his bounty would be high.
    The highest Jimbei got before it was frozen was 250million. By the time they met up again at Fishman Island Jimebi was worth over 400million. I presume it was mainly because of Marineford. We didn't get the precise number until just a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    The problem is that the Tobi Roppo have people around X Drake's level. And Drake is considered to be a leading name in the new era, even captaining the super secret Marine organization.

And the likes of Hawkins and Apoo are below that. Hawkins alone has the potential to give both Luffy and Zoro trouble.

Hell, Zoro struggled against 200 Million Killer not too long ago. He even fainted from a single strike.

In other words, bounty numbers are completely arbitrary and we should never take them seriously.
    I just read that chapter today so I think you're misremembering the Zoro vs Killer/Kamazu fight.
    Zoro absolutly dominated. He started the fight with only two swords, was fighting Killer and the Fox Spirit at the same time, and had to tank a killing blow meant to Komurasaki and Toki.

I do agree that the bounties are meant to be exciting rather than accurate power levels but Zoro vs Killer was a no-contest.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    The highest Jimbei got before it was frozen was 250million. By the time they met up again at Fishman Island Jimebi was worth over 400million. I presume it was mainly because of Marineford. We didn't get the precise number until just a few years ago.
    That's what I was getting at. His bounty jump was probably when he proved himself an enemy of the marines and government at marineford.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Quote Originally Posted by FolhaS View Post
    I just read that chapter today so I think you're misremembering the Zoro vs Killer/Kamazu fight.
    Zoro absolutly dominated. He started the fight with only two swords, was fighting Killer and the Fox Spirit at the same time, and had to tank a killing blow meant to Komurasaki and Toki.

I do agree that the bounties are meant to be exciting rather than accurate power levels but Zoro vs Killer was a no-contest.
    Nah. I've reread this arc plenty. Zoro fainted after one strike, which is strangely unlike him, who's usually so durable.

The whole fight was actually even (you see Zoro and Killer trading blows left and right for a long time) with Gyukimaru observing until he attempted a strike, which allowed an opening for Killer and a counterattack for Zoro (since the scythe allowed him to use Santoryu).

And this was against a Killer that didn't have his usual weapon. I guess we can just assume the Worst Generation is underrated in terms of bounty.
    Last edited by King Cannon; April 21st, 2020 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Nah. I've reread this arc plenty. Zoro fainted after one strike, which is strangely unlike him, who's usually so durable.

The whole fight was actually even (you see Zoro and Killer trading blows left and right for a long time) with Gyukimaru observing until he attempted a strike, which allowed an opening for Killer and a counterattack for Zoro (since the scythe allowed him to use Santoryu).

And this was against a Killer that didn't have his usual weapon. I guess we can just assume the Worst Generation is underrated in terms of bounty.
    If you're taking points away from Killer because he's not using his usual weapons then you gotta grant Zoro the same leway. He's fighting with two swords, not his usual three. The moment Zoro got his third blade the fight ended.
    And while they where toe to toe for a little while, it was only because of Gyukimaru's interference that Killer got an opening.

Zoro fainting is indeed very attypical. The blade did go straight through him, which is also attypical in OP and shounen in general, and could mean a more serious wound, but I actually think that was just Oda going for the troupe: a warrior rescues a passing damsel, putting his life at risk, and then the damsel takes care of him while he recovers.

I do agree with the worst generation still being underrated in terms of bounties, Killer has 200 millions bounty and Zoro has a 300 million one.

I don't want to start a power level discussion, but I really am not under the impression than Zoro vs Killer is the same type of challenge we saw in Luffy vs Katakuri, where it felt the fight could go either way. I think Zoro would win this fight every single time.

Luffy ~ 3B
    Zoro 900K~1B
    Sanji 700k~1B
    Jimbie
    800k~1B
    Usopp ~400M
    Robin 250~350M
    Franky 200~400M
    Brook
    200~450M
    Nami 150~250M
    Chopper 150~300Berry or 1M

Quote Originally Posted by FolhaS View Post
    If you're taking points away from Killer because he's not using his usual weapons then you gotta grant Zoro the same leway. He's fighting with two swords, not his usual three. The moment Zoro got his third blade the fight ended.
    And while they where toe to toe for a little while, it was only because of Gyukimaru's interference that Killer got an opening.

Zoro fainting is indeed very attypical. The blade did go straight through him, which is also attypical in OP and shounen in general, and could mean a more serious wound, but I actually think that was just Oda going for the troupe: a warrior rescues a passing damsel, putting his life at risk, and then the damsel takes care of him while he recovers.

I do agree with the worst generation still being underrated in terms of bounties, Killer has 200 millions bounty and Zoro has a 300 million one.

I don't want to start a power level discussion, but I really am not under the impression than Zoro vs Killer is the same type of challenge we saw in Luffy vs Katakuri, where it felt the fight could go either way. I think Zoro would win this fight every single time.
    Well of course. Zoro might've had a hard time facing Kid but not against Killer. Ang you're right, he fainted due to some circumstances, but the main thing was to create some happy "anata-sama" time with hiyori, sorry Oda, got through you.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information