+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 165

Thread: Bounties After Wano

  1. #21

    Default Re: Bounties After Wano

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Luffy beat Katakuri as an equal, while Zoro would have extreme difficulties dealing with King. He would be the clear underdog, that's the difference.

    That said, what many readers are looking for in Wano are massive growth-battles, much like in Alabasta or Enies Lobby. Hurdles that seem impossible to overcome, but they'll manage anyway. It's been over a decade since we had those types of fights, people are starving for some real action.
    Luffy had extreme difficulties against both Cracker and Katakuri. Those battles literally lasted the whole day/night, with Luffy only winning because his stamina/endurance was much higher than his enemies' (and because he could eat tons). He was definitely the underdog, at least against Katakuri.

    Never mind that the likes of Jack could fight for weeks without break.

  2. #22

    Default Re: Bounties After Wano

    Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    I think it's too early for anyone but Luffy to hit the billion mark.

    Especially after how we've been following Luffy's progression to get that bounty in the first place. Dude had to fight two Commanders for like half a day or so to get to that level.
    If Zoro, Sanji and Jinbe all fight Yonko commanders, which are literally the point they need to be at post-Wano if Luffy successfully takes down the possible Ace or Kaido (as a team), then they all should be a billion or above.

    This is the growth arc. Other people are hitting the nail on the head.

    Relate it back to when Luffy got 100 Million. Zoro entirely eclipsed Luffy's first bounty (30 Million) with 60 million. Then when Luffy hit 300 million, Zoro surpassed Luffy 100 million bounty with 120 million at Water 7. After Dressrosa, Zoro surpassed Luffy's 300 million Berry bounty, and now Sanji and Jinbe have done the same. Luffy has gained more bounty levels now (400, 500 and 1.5 billion), and will probably be well over the 2 billion mark after this arc. Its only appropriate that his top commanders (Zoro, Sanji, Jinbe) all grow to billion plus bounties, considering the fact that their fights may be with Jack, Queen and King, all Billion + bounty level pirates.


    We NEED Luffy's crew to get super strong this arc. After this there may be other non-Yonko arcs but we hit the big leagues and plot ending shit most likely as well. We need to stop underestimating the main characters just like the villains do lol.

  3. #23
    Stowaway w/ 18k posts Kishido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Bounties After Wano

    Luffy 3.5 billion

    Zoro above 1 Billion
    Sanji as well if he fights someone like Queen
    Jinbe 700 Million
    Dunno about the rest

  4. #24
    Discovered Stowaway The D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Default Re: Bounties After Wano

    Everytime I'm reminded that Usopp has a higher bounty than Franky I die a little inside. Seriously wg? The guy who potentially memorized the blueprints of an apocalyptic superweapon is less of a danger than the manga equivalent of the cowardly lion? The fuck?
    Gonna give ya the D.!

  5. #25
    Stowaway w/ 18k posts Kishido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    Everytime I'm reminded that Usopp has a higher bounty than Franky I die a little inside. Seriously wg? The guy who potentially memorized the blueprints of an apocalyptic superweapon is less of a danger than the manga equivalent of the cowardly lion? The fuck?
    What about Robin?

  6. #26

    Default Re: Bounties After Wano

    Quote Originally Posted by Gia Sado View Post
    If Zoro, Sanji and Jinbe all fight Yonko commanders, which are literally the point they need to be at post-Wano if Luffy successfully takes down the possible Ace or Kaido (as a team), then they all should be a billion or above.

    This is the growth arc. Other people are hitting the nail on the head.

    Relate it back to when Luffy got 100 Million. Zoro entirely eclipsed Luffy's first bounty (30 Million) with 60 million. Then when Luffy hit 300 million, Zoro surpassed Luffy 100 million bounty with 120 million at Water 7. After Dressrosa, Zoro surpassed Luffy's 300 million Berry bounty, and now Sanji and Jinbe have done the same. Luffy has gained more bounty levels now (400, 500 and 1.5 billion), and will probably be well over the 2 billion mark after this arc. Its only appropriate that his top commanders (Zoro, Sanji, Jinbe) all grow to billion plus bounties, considering the fact that their fights may be with Jack, Queen and King, all Billion + bounty level pirates.


    We NEED Luffy's crew to get super strong this arc. After this there may be other non-Yonko arcs but we hit the big leagues and plot ending shit most likely as well. We need to stop underestimating the main characters just like the villains do lol.
    Then wouldn't it make sense for Luffy's 500M bounty to be surpassed instead? At least following the logic of surpassing Luffy's bounty. Zoro didn't really surpass Luffy's post-timeskip 400M yet. And it's unlikely anyone will get beyond the 1.5 billion.

    Not to mention that Emperor Captain bounties tend to be ridiculously inflated in comparison to their subordinates. Kaido himself is worth more than his Commanders put together. Same for Big Mom.

    Plus, we have the likes of Kid and Law to take in account. Most likely they will get their own fights in order to establish their power, especially Kid since we don't know much about where he stands.
    Last edited by King Cannon; April 21st, 2020 at 08:58 AM.

  7. #27
    Discovered Stowaway The D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Default Re: Bounties After Wano

    Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    What about Robin?
    In my opinion I think Robin should have one of the highest bounties in the series. She possibly the last person who can decipher the poneglyphs and reveal the true history. Surely an oppressive government would want to keep a lid on that at all costs, no?
    Gonna give ya the D.!

  8. #28

    Default Re: Bounties After Wano

    I agree with the notion of Luffy doubling his current bounty. Something around 3 billion sounds about right.
    Yes, it's bigger than Blackbeard's current bounty but I'm sure his bouty will also go up in the future after he raids some important place.

    Kidd and Law will also surpass the billion mark since they're captains. Maybe something close to the 2 billion mark without breaking it or at least around Luffy's current 1,5 billion.


    Luffy's an emperor now so his underlings need to get on the same level as the other emperor's underlings.

    Zoro's bounty will be 1,2 billion, mirrowing his second bounty of 120 million. Leaving him room to grow to 3,2 billion by the end of the series.
    It's a shame we don't know Rayleigh's bounty yet, to make a comparison.

    Sanji will either double our triple his current bounty of 333 million, that way he gets 666 million or 999 million.
    A way to show he has embraced some of his Germa side, he's already using the suit. 999 million would be great because he'd be so close to breaking the billion mark but falling short and Zoro would tease him so much for it.

    Jimbe will double his 438 million.
    876 million, because he's a great warrior but he just now joined the crew. It would seem weird to me if he just broke the original monster trio dynamic as soon as he joined.

    Not sure about Usopp, I don't recall us having the bounties of other snipers like Van Auger or Yasopp to compare.
    But maybe his bounty will double? Either that or he gets a round 500 million. I like the theory that he will be the main responsible for the defeat of the Numbers, since one of the stories he told Kaya was that he defeated 10 giants and the Numbers seem to tower over most people whenever they appear. I don't think he will be fighting giants when they get to Elbaf.

    All the other Strawhats will break the 100 million mark easily. Just double all their bounties.
    Except for Chopper, I don't think this is where we part with the lowest bounty ever joke, I don't think we ever will. Chopper's bounty by the end of the series will be something like 1 million.
    Feels like a "real" bounty would be a question for the SBS, the same way Oda revealed what Enel's bounty would be if the Marines knew/cared about him.

  9. #29

    Default Re: Bounties After Wano

    I think Zoro can get his +1billion bounty at the moment. EoS, I see him above 4billion, which means above Shanks and probably Mihawk.
    He still has to open his second eye and he hasn't used his ashura yet.


    On one hand, Shanks has "the most balanced" crew. Roger probably had the same kind of crew and so will Luffy.
    I'm expecting bounties ranging from 500million to 3 billion.

    On the other hand, Roger and WB's crew seemed to be even. And I can't see anyone else except Joz, Vista and Marco being around one billion belly.

    Also, there is the fact that Oden gave Kaido a scar. And even though it's unclear how strong was Kaido back then, he's still the only one who could carve through him.

    I don't think that 1 billion for Zoro would be too soon. As for the other bounties, they should respectively follow the lead.
    I'd give Luffy 3billion, above Teach because both Bigmom and Kaido are going down imo. somehow
    Last edited by Nilitch; April 21st, 2020 at 09:29 AM.
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

  10. #30
    Stowaway w/ 18k posts Kishido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Bounties After Wano

    Well Robin had a higher bounty as Sanji as well

  11. #31

    Default Re: Bounties After Wano

    Over 4 billion for what? Zoro is taking on swordmen to become wss. Even If all those swordmen would be marines I would not see them give him 4 billion for that lol.

  12. #32

    Default Re: Bounties After Wano

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Over 4 billion for what? Zoro is taking on swordmen to become wss. Even If all those swordmen would be marines I would not see them give him 4 billion for that lol.
    Shanks has a 4+ billion bounty and he's just a swordsmen. Mihawk should have a bounty around 4billion too. And so will Zoro right
    That's the logic

    edit: all of that EoS of course, not after Wano lol
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

  13. #33
    Your long-lost brother Jabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    (ಥ ͜ʖ ಥ)

    Default Re: Bounties After Wano

    Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Luffy had extreme difficulties against both Cracker and Katakuri. Those battles literally lasted the whole day/night, with Luffy only winning because his stamina/endurance was much higher than his enemies' (and because he could eat tons). He was definitely the underdog, at least against Katakuri.

    Never mind that the likes of Jack could fight for weeks without break.
    Come on Cannon, you know exactly what I mean.

    There is a difference between overcoming a challenge and winning a battle that is considered impossible to win by virtually everyone. Like Luffy vs. Croc or Luffy vs. Lucci.

    Katakuri and Cracker were absolutely in the same ballpark as Luffy, with Kata having a slight edge in every area. He even recognizes that they are equals at the end of their fight. I mean that was the whole point of the Dressrosa and Whole Cake fights - Luffy is now legitmately at that level. He can beat those figures without insane luck or nakama power.

    The same obviously doesn't apply to Zoro, he would have extreme difficulties against a top commander. "Shit, I might actually die here...." - difficulties.


  14. #34

    Default Re: Bounties After Wano

    Sanji, Jimbei or Zoro taking on Calamities or Smoothie just seem about right since Luffy took on two of them last arc. Luffy is always a few steps ahead of his crew so I think it's very logical that they'll now have to deal with underlings that Luffy no longer has time for. We've been waiting for everyone else to get the full on pre-time skip struggle and now is the time.

    I'd say Kid and Law could go after a General or Calamity but with both Big Mom and Kaido on the battle field there is no way they won't be apart of that all out brawl.

    As for Mihawk's frozen bounty I can't imagine it was any higher than Weevils or something. Should it be updated now that the War Lord system is gone that might be a window into what we should expect from Zoro's final bounty. Actually strike that, Rayleigh would be a better indicator because Mihawk doesn't seem like he cares about anything. Zoro is going to help topple the world his bounty should end well above Hawk Eye.

    Usopp's next bounty might have been foreshadowed already. What if Doflamingo's 5 star reward becomes a world wide reality? I wouldn't be surprised if Usopp got the 500 million along with a new epithet.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

  15. #35

    Default Re: Bounties After Wano

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Come on Cannon, you know exactly what I mean.

    There is a difference between overcoming a challenge and winning a battle that is considered impossible to win by virtually everyone. Like Luffy vs. Croc or Luffy vs. Lucci.

    Katakuri and Cracker were absolutely in the same ballpark as Luffy, with Kata having a slight edge in every area. He even recognizes that they are equals at the end of their fight. I mean that was the whole point of the Dressrosa and Whole Cake fights - Luffy is now legitmately at that level. He can beat those figures without insane luck or nakama power.

    The same obviously doesn't apply to Zoro, he would have extreme difficulties against a top commander. "Shit, I might actually die here...." - difficulties.
    But Zoro hasn't had much in full fights since the timeskip.
    He hasn't face a Mr. 1 or Kaku yet. The closest was Pica but in the end Zoro overpowerd him and made him run away. It was Law who fought vergo on Punk Hazard, he wasn't present in WCI and Fishman Island was never meant to be a challenging battle.

    Zoro was always shown to be in the same ballpark as Luffy, Luffy getting the edge since he's the main character.
    Luffy just finished his training in haki level 2 and Zoro just finished training his haki with Enma.

    Btw, Zoro's best fights are always those where he puts his life on the line.
    He gets halfway cut to pieces then invents or reveals a new technique and comes out on top.
    I was never Zoro fanboy but I do miss those fights.

  16. #36
    Stowaway w/ 18k posts Kishido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Bounties After Wano

    Dunno if Jinbe will fight Jack. He should be beaten by Inu and Neko

  17. #37
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Bounties After Wano

    I magine luffy getting a nice 2B to stay under blackbeard an actual yonko.

    Zoro- Sanji varying from 650-970M

    I'm not not sure what they do to Jimbei I could see him get an extra 200M or nothing. Is really any more dangerous than before?

    The rest will top at 500M max



  18. #38

    Default Re: Bounties After Wano

    Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Dunno if Jinbe will fight Jack. He should be beaten by Inu and Neko
    What if Jimbei fights Smoothie? She goes after Jimbei since he was the failed mutineer. Her liquid absorbing abilities might be an interesting foil to some of his attacks while some of Jimbe's water manipulation could foil her when she does absorb.

    Seems like if that happened he'd end up with a bounty less than anyone who ended up facing a Calamity just because of the fact that their bounties are a little higher.

    I think Inu and Neko should get their revenge against Jack but I really want him out last their Sulong forms.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

  19. #39
    Stowaway w/ 18k posts Kishido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    What if Jimbei fights Smoothie? She goes after Jimbei since he was the failed mutineer. Her liquid absorbing abilities might be an interesting foil to some of his attacks while some of Jimbe's water manipulation could foil her when she does absorb.

    Seems like if that happened he'd end up with a bounty less than anyone who ended up facing a Calamity just because of the fact that their bounties are a little higher.

    I think Inu and Neko should get their revenge against Jack but I really want him out last their Sulong forms.
    Yeah Smoothie would be fine. And I disagree with Jack outlasting them.

    Sulong is a big ass power up... But story and characters wise the team play would be more important

  20. #40

    Default Re: Bounties After Wano

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    I think Inu and Neko should get their revenge against Jack but I really want him out last their Sulong forms.
    Since Awakened Zoan seem to be able to recover from damage very fast, I can totally see InuNeko proving to be stronger than Jack and at the same time he managing to outlast the transformation and end up winning the fight.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts