+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: American Politics: We're in for it now

Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

Let's not go down the pineapple pizza rabbit hole again. We'll have another new thread on our hands before we're done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Yet another "outlier" poll showing Trump is doing a good job.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ETi2Tv6X...jpg&name=small

And another one: https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/...33871593320449

As long as the Democratic strategy is "hide until November instead of pointing out how Trump is getting people killed, while Trump himself gets to do pressers every day", this will be the new normal.
    Did you completely forget that I responded to you with showing Carter had a boost from the Iranian hostage crisis that then horribly tapered off?
    Can't let that get in the way of a good chicken littling I guess.

And hell the Carter data was pure approval rates, not specifically "How is he handling Iran".
    By which standard Trump is still polling badly.
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...oval-6179.html

The negative effects haven't really kicked in yet so people are giving him credit just for trying anything. Plus less informed people are probably assuming a lot of local and state government actions are because of Trump rather than local leaders taking intiative
    Complicating things since 2009.

If one is obsessed with being a depressed negative then "Trump will benefit from this crisis that apparently the US has a handle on and will be just fine" sure seems optimistic.

Wait people think Trump is handling this well? He literally said it was a hoax made up by the Democrats to hurt him a few days before he called it a state of emergency

Of course there are people who think that. There are people who think he can do no wrong, either because they're idiots and honestly think that, or they just don't want to admit they're wrong themselves (subconsciously or otherwise).

Wasn't reported on til November. It could've been in multiple airports since October. Not taken seriously by the US gov't til March. Yet some expect the people to take it seriously right away. Some need to see the death rate go up a little before they use their common sense. They lack critical thinking. If the mayors and governors take their own time to call for shutdowns, then they will follow that behavior.

It took a basketball player to test positive before things started to get shut down. America has no pause button. Companies were emailing customers to keep visiting and that it was safe. Imagine how many people have been passing it around since January. That's when I started to finally take it seriously at least.

To make it worse, rich people are going on social media to say they've tested positive and everyone should calm down. Imagine skipping the line to be tested, then telling people who are either afraid to go to the hospital or just don't "qualify" to keep calm. Everyone is showing their true colors and i'm not surprised. People worship celebrities too much. I doubt they will stop.

China's population is at least 23x larger than Italy's. It took a whistle blower to get somewhat of a truth. Yet i'm supposed to believe that their numbers are correct at having lower deaths than Italy. "They've had more time to quarantine and take precaution". How much time? I think this been going on since September at least. It's my guess.

Senators dumping stock more than a month ago. If the NBA didn't act, I wonder how long it would've taken for the gov't to do anything. Very on brand of the US to wait for the entertainment business to be interfered before being a lil honest about the situation.

So Trump's Barr-run DOJ wants to suspend some of our constitutional rights because of the pandemic:
    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...Vp1x9dFQQK7jf0

Cause, y'know, we need to have control of everything and get rid of stuff like habeas corpus.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorPhil View Post
    Let's not go down the pineapple pizza rabbit hole again. We'll have another new thread on our hands before we're done.
    Its a very political thing, you just don't get it

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    So Trump's Barr-run DOJ wants to suspend some of our constitutional rights because of the pandemic:

Cause, y'know, we need to have control of everything and get rid of stuff like habeas corpus.
    This would never fly in America.

There are pros and cons to everything. Us being a free country is likely the main reason why we won’t be able to get a handle on this thing as quickly China did. That being said, if this is the price of freedom, it’s a sword I’ll happily fall on.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis-1988 View Post
    This would never fly in America.

There are pros and cons to everything. Us being a free country is likely the main reason why we won’t be able to get a handle on this thing as quickly China did. That being said, if this is the price of freedom, it’s a sword I’ll happily fall on.
    It should never fly... but you never know.

Barr should really be removed for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    It should never fly... but you never know.

Barr should really be removed for trying.
    I'd begrudgingly temporarily relinquish some rights and freedoms if I could be convinced they would be beneficial in curbing this thing to save some lives, but habeas corpus isn't one of them. I don't see what relevance that has to slow or stop the spread.

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post

And that's how you start a soft AI-5, well if the Trump-republicans want a coup the time is drawing near.

One of those wonderful cases of Karma Is A Bitch.

I don't think it's in the article, but Rand Paul supposedly went to a gym before getting the results for his test. So, he could have infected others. This man continues to find new ways to be a horrible human being.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    I don't think it's in the article, but Rand Paul supposedly went to a gym before getting the results for his test. So, he could have infected others. This man continues to find new ways to be a horrible human being.
    The Senate's private gym as well, which, turns out isn't wheelchair accessible so Tammy Duckworth has to use a gym at her own home. So not only do we find out that Paul is being his usual dickish self but that there's yet another law that the Senate is exempt from complying with.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Let all the political rats die so we can harvest better crop of politicians.

What happened to Joe Biden?

He should really be out fighting Trump's Coronavirus propaganda right now.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information