+ Reply to Thread
Page 245 of 323 FirstFirst ... 145 195 235 243 244 245 246 247 255 295 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,900 of 6456

Thread: American Politics: A Brand New Day

Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

Mail, pandemic, rabid trump supporters, remote towns, shitty internet...
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    If Nevada is called for Biden, it's done. How are they so fucking slow?
    They sent a ballot to every registered voter, and Nevada has never been hugely important on election night before.

Crossing my fingers hard for Pennsylvania. I just checked the maps and still only 70% of Philadelphia's county are reporting in. With the margins where they are, and with how much Biden has already cut into Trump's on-day vote count that is HUGE.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    So is it just sheer size that makes some states take so much longer to count their votes?
    Probably that and Republicans in state legislatures intentionally opting not to have the process expedited even when they know shit would likely get tricky with the influx of mail in and absentee ballots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

The face of the guy when he is shown to clearly not know the laws he swear to abide: priceless
    https://twitter.com/azmiluv/status/1...880022016?s=20

Trump will use supreme court now somehow, right? This situation is so disgusting....
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    The face of the guy when he is shown to clearly not know the laws he swear to abide: priceless
    "Oh no, I swore on the Bible. I've done it three times!"

And apparently that was a big mistake. A loony like this who can't even understand basic religious freedom, separation of church and state, and...um...the Constitution itself which notes there can be no religious test for office, has no place being swore in even once, much less three times.

But this is America. *sighs*

I just got a word of it. Something about a clown, a messiah and a guy covered in shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    Trump will use supreme court now somehow, right? This situation is so disgusting....
    It shouldn't lead him anywhere, as long as the Supreme Court guys are as educated as they should be, they understand elections, Trump doesn't.

Harsh lesson for liberals: Latinos breaking hard for Trump in some counties (not just Florida) means demographics are not destiny.

Harsh lesson for leftists: downballot Republicans making huge gains across the board while Trump loses means people really think the orange man is bad

Harsh lesson for media elites: Donald Trump is the first presidential candidate who lost a majority of the vote twice since Adlai Stevenson, so maybe spend your absurd amounts of money on better journalism than safaris to Ohio dinners

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    It shouldn't lead him anywhere, as long as the Supreme Court guys are as educated as they should be, they understand elections, Trump doesn't.
    I heard present SC has Republican leaning. Or is it simply more like conservative leaning ?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

It is depressing to see the race this close.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    I heard present SC has Republican leaning. Or is it simply more like conservative leaning ?
    It’s both actually but even with that, they’re not all that likely to help Trump especially since he tried to get them to overrule
    Pennsylvania’s ruling on ballots just a week ago and got turned down. It also doesn’t help as usual he’s been sabotaging his case with his blatant stupidity and disrespect.

It was all good just 3 years ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I just got a word of it. Something about a clown, a messiah and a guy covered in shadows.
    So the improbability drive is to blame. Should've seen that coming.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

I just don't get the whole poll thing.

There was an opinion piece in the newspaper today, where they were gloating about how once again liberals in America, and over here in the UK, were tricked in to thinking they were going to have this massive victory by people misleading pollsters.
    And it got me thinking, why lie? It doesn't really effect anything, and if you're so embarrassed by who, or what, you're voting for you can't tell anyone the truth, perhaps take that as a sign you're wrong?

Because bigots are becoming more cunning these days.

So Trump actually said "Staph the Count mi mi mi", I thought it was some sort of rage meme.

Its already soo hard to explain to Trump cultist that couple of tiny irregularities=/=Electoral Fraud.

Also, what is exactly happening in Nevada?? It's been an entire day without updates

Robby Mook, probably the most incompetent member of Hillary's campaign, was in charge of the House Majority PAC this election. This election where Dems lost a bunch of seats despite Biden winning the election. Is Mook going to be in charge of regaining the Senate in 2 years? It's more likely than you think!

With less than 14k votes, can Georgia be flipped?

With less than 14k votes, can Georgia be flipped?
    Yes actually. There are ~50k votes left to count in Georgia and in the Mail-in Ballots, Biden has been outperforming Trump 63% to Trump's 37%

If that pace holds, Biden will JUST BARELY overtake Trump.

Georgia should be seen as anyone's game at this point but there is hope.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

My state is on the right side of history. Also, I was able to vote and even convinced my mom to vote biden. Had a panic attack on the way there, but whatevs. I did it.
    Legit proud of you, my dude. Hopefully voting next time will feel a little easier.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Yes actually. There are ~50k votes left to count in Georgia and in the Mail-in Ballots, Biden has been outperforming Trump 63% to Trump's 37%

If that pace holds, Biden will JUST BARELY overtake Trump.

Georgia should be seen as anyone's game at this point but there is hope.
    Georgia's almost certainly going to a recount since just a few thousand votes will separate things. Shouldn't make a difference in the election as a whole but flipping Georgia would really help salvage this election.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information