+ Reply to Thread
Page 244 of 319 FirstFirst ... 144 194 234 242 243 244 245 246 254 294 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,880 of 6373

Thread: American Politics: We're in for it now

Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Actually people are saying Jorgenson may have taken more votes from Trump than from Biden?

So Yay Jo Jorgenson?
    Maybe why Georgia is the way it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Discovered Stowaway Dorobō Neko's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Don't jinx it Neko, just don't.
    Nah Biden has had this in the bag ever since the early morning of today. WI/MI/PA all really just had Democratic leaning votes left. PA is gonna flip to Biden tonight and could get called tonight or tomorrow but yeah Biden has this.

My state did not vote for Biden and I'm ashamed. The state I live in also didn't, but Kentucky sucks ass and I can't wait until I can comfortably move to somewhere with people whose values are more like my own.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Actually people are saying Jorgenson may have taken more votes from Trump than from Biden?

So Yay Jo Jorgenson?
    I guess? Though to me independents always seem to lean right more than left.

I'm still floored my state went for Biden... I'm super duper happy but... honestly did not expect this, wow.
    What state are you from?

I can't read it, but yes, very nice of them.

What state are you from?
    Hint it’s the one people are blaming John mcCain’s widow for flipping and not apparently Trump hating the the state so much he refused to go there as frequently as he did Florida despite it being a red state.

Edit: Too overt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

A dog exists somewhere David Ludwig's Avatar

Fuck Florida.

Would be amazing if fucking Georgia manages to flip but not Florida.

Steve Kornacki said North Carolina is back in play.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Would be amazing if fucking Georgia manages to flip but not Florida.
    Since the difference is less than 40k and apparently the majority of the remaining votes are mail ballots from Atlanta, there's a non 0 chance.

Something to watch while we're waiting for Biden to win:
    Cops in LA are attempting to chase down a three hundred and sixty thousand dollar truck.

Edit: he hit a telephone pole and was arrested.
    Last edited by RoboBlue; November 4th, 2020 at 11:13 PM.

Aaagghh, I don't wanna go to work tomorrow. My Trump-supporting coworker will be there and I do NOT want to get into anything with her.

It would certainly be a huge shame if the most voted candidate in history doesn't actually become president.

So is it just sheer size that makes some states take so much longer to count their votes?

A big part this year is the mail-in ballots.

My state is on the right side of history. Also, I was able to vote and even convinced my mom to vote biden. Had a panic attack on the way there, but whatevs. I did it.

Why the holy fuck is Nevada taking so long, and how is it so close?!
    Last edited by The D.; November 5th, 2020 at 01:39 AM.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

I can't wait when this is over and I can completely shit on the corporate democrats for being so unbelievably pathetic and ineffectual again.
    Aaagghh, I don't wanna go to work tomorrow. My Trump-supporting coworker will be there and I do NOT want to get into anything with her.
    It's the perfect opportunity to gloat the hell out of her.
    Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    My state is on the right side of history. Also, I was able to vote and even convinced my mom to vote biden. Had a panic attack on the way there, but whatevs. I did it.
    That's awesome dude. Go pat yourself on the back. You did good, you have my respect.

Things have narrowed in GA and PA so I'm really curious to see if Biden ends up taking them. The stronger the lead, the better.

I'm still floored my state went for Biden... I'm super duper happy but... honestly did not expect this, wow.
    John McCain's revenge beyond the grave >:)

No, they absolutely do not.

The Third Parties basically want to be taken seriously. You see ALL political coverage is framed as a 2-way battle. Dems vs. Repubs. Third parties exist and are technically valid but nobody pays any attention to them. They are an afterthought.

However, if they can get AT LEAST 5% of the vote in a presidential election, then they qualify for FEC General funding. That's like $20 MILLION dollars towards election campaigns as well as the major networks and pollsters starting to take them seriously as a major party. They would start getting a lot more coverage because people would see that 5% as significant enough that they could be on the rise.

It's basically an attempt to get themselves on a fast track to the big kid table of politics instead of having to do all the leg work of actually winning down ticket and local elections and seeding themselves into state and local governments and congress enough to get themselves on the national stage.
    On one hand, I can admire the efforts of these third parties. The two-party system in America has solidified itself but it doesn't allow for anything else to grow, and the fact is people just might not want to serve either party. And I'd rather someone vote for them opposed to either a) not voting or even worse b) writing a joke candidate, if they truly didn't want either Biden or Trump.

On the other, they take some votes either might've wanted. I wouldn't put it past Trump to complain the "third party nobodies" took HIS votes.

Third parties keep trying to get the presidency, while they should try and get something else going at state levels, not like “but my local congress is 40% Green Party”, but a Long held position, before trying to go to the big one. The states is so stupid big and uneven that no third party can do anything.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

If Nevada is called for Biden, it's done. How are they so fucking slow?
    Gonna give ya the D.!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information