+ Reply to Thread
Page 232 of 319 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 230 231 232 233 234 242 282 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,640 of 6366

Thread: American Politics: We're in for it now

Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    In The U.S. ! ?
    Yep. I don't think everyone will ever do it, but I can definitely see it becoming common in big cities, especially more progressive ones.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Nothing wrong with being hopeful but unfortunately we have too many stupid, entitled, & lazy people lurking around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Honestly, when Biden gets elected, maybe he can encourage people about mask-wearing when one is sick to change the culture of the United States. Or just write letters to help convince him to do it.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Saturday Night Live's version of the vice presidential debate:

My AniList: https://anilist.co/user/starlalilymoon/
    Discord: starlalilymoon#3489 | Steam: starlalilymoon
    Avatar Information: Artist - カグレ; Character - Gardevoir; Series - Pokémon

Quote Originally Posted by Kaba Kaba Fruit View Post
    But the flu vaccine that we're getting this year, is it really an updated version that helps fight against the new strain or is it just leftovers from the previous year that the pharmaceutical industry wants to burn off? Because if I'm going to get a flu shot, I want to make sure that it's going to be the latest version that can fight back against the mutated strain.
    I'm not positive about this, but what you've described here sounds not only dangerous and negligent, but also highly illegal. I'd be surprised if this ever happens...

If it has happened before, then could you provide a source?

Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    That is a good question, I make sure to ask my doctor if it's the updated version or not, though honestly I take it either way.
    Getting last year's flu vaccine instead of the currently available one is a terrible idea because it will likely do nothing to protect you from the potentially dangerous flu strains for this year.

For more information about how the flu vaccine works, I suggest checking out the CDC's website. Here are a couple relevant links:
    1. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/keyfacts.htm
    2. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/nasalspray.htm
    The first link tells you general information about the flu vaccine developed for each year. Vaccines are typically either trivalent or quadrivalent, meaning that they are cocktails containing either three or four different strains of the virus, based on predictions about which strains are most likely to become most prevalent for the current year. The second link tells you more about the nasal spray vaccines, which contain live, weakened versions of four different viral flu strains.

The CDC doesn't typically recommend one particular type of flu vaccine over another. However, as I mentioned in a previous post, there's ample evidence from the last decade or so that the nasal spray vaccines can not only build immunity to this year's dangerous flu strains, but also create a general boost in the immune system's response to other infections. It's not clear, but there's a chance that this boost could even help your body fight off the coronavirus if you get it, so it might be worth considering over the other types of flu vaccines that are available.
    Last edited by Kirbycide; October 11th, 2020 at 04:32 AM.

The hunt for Red Obergefell begun.
    https://www.washingtonblade.com/2020...urt-statement/

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Think we might owe Rin an apology for saying she was overreacting.

If they win the white house and the supreme court does decide to go through with it absolutely.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

"Religious liberty"? What bullshit.

Note that their position here is clearly that religious liberty and LBGT rights are mutually exclusive things; in other words, you can't be a Christian according to Thomas/Alito and be okay with gay marriage.

It's obviously elevating the chosen beliefs of a certain segment of the population above the rights of another segment who were born with that status. Which is the exact same thing they did in Burwell v Hobby Lobby.
    Last edited by Ubiq; October 12th, 2020 at 12:13 AM.
    Complicating things since 2009.

It's just so unbelievably frustrating to see this false 'religious freedom' argument come up against same-sex marriage again. Putting one's religious beliefs in law to rule over people of all religions/no religions is like, a basic textbook violation of freedom of religion. You can't have religious freedom if the government is allowing one into law. That's so incredibly simple I shouldn't even have to say this, yet here we are... A-flipping-gain.

What do people expect from the creatures that cherry pick the constitution to suit their needs? Freedom of (hate) speech and the right to bear arms get them creaming their pants, while freedom of religion clearly means protestant christians are the master race and if you follow one of them dirty foreign religions you can go fuck yourself. And freedom of the press has been on thin fucking ice for a while now. It's a wonder there hasn't been a second civil war already.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Power of a hippo! Kaba Kaba Fruit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The D.
    What do people expect from the creatures that cherry pick the constitution to suit their needs? Freedom of (hate) speech and the right to bear arms get them creaming their pants, while freedom of religion clearly means protestant christians are the master race and if you follow one of them dirty foreign religions you can go fuck yourself. And freedom of the press has been on thin fucking ice for a while now. It's a wonder there hasn't been a second civil war already.
    Give it time. If the election ends up getting FUBAR'd, it may push this country over the edge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbycide
    I'm not positive about this, but what you've described here sounds not only dangerous and negligent, but also highly illegal. I'd be surprised if this ever happens...

If it has happened before, then could you provide a source?
    Unfortunately, my dad is the only source for this as he suspects this is what's going on in the pharmaceutical industry. He has a damn good knack for spinning the ludicrous into the plausible.
    Last edited by Kaba Kaba Fruit; October 14th, 2020 at 08:32 AM.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Whatever drug cocktail they put him on is definitely making him worse.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Uuuuuuuuuuuuugh....

I hate being right.... I really REALLY hate being right...

Roe and Lawrence v. Texas are next.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

I saw the man tweet about Columbus day and I shouldn't be surprised by his view.

Of course the clown is a Columbus apologist.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Whatever drug cocktail they put him on is definitely making him worse.
    In order for him to get worse wouldn't he have needed a moment where he was better?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Zoro View Post
    I saw the man tweet about Columbus day and I shouldn't be surprised by his view.

Of course admiting crimes committed against the native americans or the slaves is radical historical revisionism, and not actual history instead of biased propaganda that he and GOP would like to be kept being taught.

Note that their position here is clearly that religious liberty and LBGT rights are mutually exclusive things; in other words, you can't be a Christian according to Thomas/Alito and be okay with gay marriage.

It's obviously elevating the chosen beliefs of a certain segment of the population above the rights of another segment who were born with that status. Which is the exact same thing they did in Burwell v Hobby Lobby.
    We may as well just start calling it religious fascism because they're really advocating for a two-tiered justice system where the "good" religious people always get their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Zoro View Post

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information