+ Reply to Thread
Page 221 of 319 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 219 220 221 222 223 231 271 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,420 of 6376

Thread: American Politics: We're in for it now

Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

Trump decided to take a joy ride around in his limo, putting secret service at risk just to entertain his cult waiting outside the hospital for him.

Meanwhile today I went to the doctor because I've been incredibly sick all weekend, and they refused to test me for COVID because I've "only" been sick for 3 days, while still telling me to treat it like I have Covid and they'd test me if I was "still the same" in a few more days(I ended up getting tested at another place later on in the day).

The fucking privilege abused from the GOP with this is just pure vomit inducing. I hope they all fucking die of COVID.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Trump decided to take a joy ride around in his limo, putting secret service at risk just to entertain his cult waiting outside the hospital for him.
    I have to say, trying to kill your Praetorian Guard is a novel way to resolve the Roman emperor's dilemma.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Clinton/Trump. Both candidates hit 44% multiple times in a roller coaster.
    https://i.insider.com/57bf1c8ab996eb...79e?width=1200

Biden/Trump. Trump has never gone above 42 and Biden has never gone below 46 and they've been on straight lines.

https://fair.org/wp-content/uploads/...n-Featured.png

Yeah at the end of the race it looked like Clinton had a lead but that was a volatile thing the whole time with Trump passing her a few times along the way, and was within the margin of error in swing states. Trump hasn't been within a league of Biden since Biden became the nominee.

History is not repeating itself.
    Yeah, looking at these two graphs from side to side, I can really see how things really are, thanks for sharing this.

The entire deal is she used a private server to send emails that were mildly classified *after* she sent them.

The server wasn't unsafe, it wasn't hacked, literally nothing bad happened because of it.

There is not but. There is no except. That's it. That's the entire story.

She did literally nothing wrong. But republicans had nothing on her, so they basically made it up to try and make a case that she had broken the law. (They also tried with Benghazi and 30+ sham investigations.)
    Well, damn. Here I thought she actually she something wrong regarding these e-mails, but it was all just some huge conspiracy against her. I mean having a private server is way more secure than using like gmail or hotmail. It doesn't really feel that insecure. (Wish I had my own server too, but too poor for one ;-;)

Also, what was up with Benghazi too? Was she at fault for the people getting killed or it was another way to make her look bad?

It'd be like if you got a speeding ticket seven years ago and then someone spent a year insisting you were a reckless driver endangering lives on a regular basis always at risk of having massive accidents..

Note that the entire GOP has done the exact same (and worse) with sending government emails privately and exactly zero hay has been made out of it.
    That's actually a good analogy. Thanks for explaining it to me!

My AniList: https://anilist.co/user/starlalilymoon/
    Discord: starlalilymoon#3489 | Steam: starlalilymoon
    Avatar Information: Artist - カグレ; Character - Gardevoir; Series - Pokémon

Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    Also, what was up with Benghazi too? Was she at fault for the people getting killed or it was another way to make her look bad?
    A terrorist group attacked a US embassy on the other side of the world during a riot and two men died. They immediately beefed up security afterward worldwide.

But Clinton was secretary of State so obviously that was entirely her fault.

Sure 9/11 happened on Bush's watch, and Trump has killed 250,000 from Covid, but those aren't remotely as serious.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Just to be clear, there are a lot of private servers that have worse security than gmail. Yes, private servers can be much more secure, but only if they are managed correctly.

I think that the bigger problem most republicans had with Hillary’s private server is that she could not produce all of the stored emails under subpoena because she had destroyed the records after the fact.

But, that all goes to say that they still would probably not have turned up anything of note even if they had been produced. It’s probably best for all public servants to do all of their work on their provided servers. The security there is so much better, and they don’t personally have control of the records if and when they are needed to perform audits and investigations.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post

Meanwhile today I went to the doctor because I've been incredibly sick all weekend, and they refused to test me for COVID because I've "only" been sick for 3 days, while still telling me to treat it like I have Covid and they'd test me if I was "still the same" in a few more days(I ended up getting tested at another place later on in the day).

The fucking privilege abused from the GOP with this is just pure vomit inducing. I hope they all fucking die of COVID.
    Well, even if Trump survives, I'm pretty sure Chris Christie, at the very least, is probably going to die from it.

A terrorist group attacked a US embassy on the other side of the world during a riot and two men died. They immediately beefed up security afterward worldwide.

Sure 9/11 happened on Bush's watch, and Trump has killed 250,000 from Covid, but those aren't remotely as serious.
    Yeah, I get it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbycide View Post
    Just to be clear, there are a lot of private servers that have worse security than gmail. Yes, private servers can be much more secure, but only if they are managed correctly.
    That's true. I wonder how Hillary and other politicians actually got their own private servers... I mean why do they even use them if there's a chance of it not being secure?

I think that the bigger problem most republicans had with Hillary’s private server is that she could not produce all of the stored emails under subpoena because she had destroyed the records after the fact.
    Yeah, I see. That makes sense. Though they should have been able to uncover them even if they are deleted as it should be still on the system. Like on pcs, you can delete stuff, but it isn't truly deleted.

But, that all goes to say that they still would probably not have turned up anything of note even if they had been produced. It’s probably best for all public servants to do all of their work on their provided servers. The security there is so much better, and they don’t personally have control of the records if and when they are needed to perform audits and investigations.
    Yeah, I agree. Just do all your work on the provided servers as they are handled by people that know how produce good security.

Yeah, I see. That makes sense. Though they should have been able to uncover them even if they are deleted as it should be still on the system. Like on pcs, you can delete stuff, but it isn't truly deleted.
    No. Like, she literally had the records destroyed by microwaving and smashing the hard drives.

Yeah, I agree. Just do all your work on the provided servers as they are handled by people that know how produce good security.
    Yeah, that’s the best way.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Wonder how in an alternate reality, President Clinton would have handled her part in assassinating Epstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbycide View Post
    No. Like, she literally had the records destroyed by microwaving and smashing the hard drives.
    WTF!? Why the hell did she do that for x.x No wonder why the Republicans acted the way they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Hmmmmmm wonder why.
    I'm sure misogyny played a role in it but there's also the simple fact that they really hated Al Gore as well and were pretty open about it then and since; the media's contempt for the Clinton Administration and those connected to it has been there for decades.
    Complicating things since 2009.

WTF!? Why the hell did she do that for x.x No wonder why the Republicans acted the way they did.
    Yeah, all the "BUT HER EMAILS!!!!111" mockery kind of ignored the fact that Hillary's actually a pretty sketchy figure.

Of course, the people complaining about her emails were ignoring a whole lot more from Trump at the time...

That's the thing, for however much Clinton was sketchy, Trump was sketchy times a hundred. And I think that's where the "but her emails" mockery came from. I've heard time and time again people saying pre and post 2016 election "Clinton scared me", "Clinton is a liar"... Those same people being Trump supporters. I'm just like "WHAT?!". How can they think that of Clinton but not Trump?!

This is the cult of personality surrounding Trump now. No matter how rotten it is shown he is, it's still Hillary Clinton that needs to be locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    Wonder how in an alternate reality, President Clinton would have handled her part in assassinating Epstein.
    I thought we all agreed she did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    I thought we all agreed she did it.
    Clinton don't have the staff to do it, on the other hand Elisabeth has double-o seven's galore to sent to protect her problem child.

Power of a hippo! Kaba Kaba Fruit's Avatar

In retrospect, neither Trump nor Clinton could be seen as integral candidates to lead the nation for the next four years but the entire political process was caught in its own web and the people HAD to make a choice between the two and that meant a LOT of mudslinging for the purposes of propping up one candidate at the absolute expense of the other. It was pretty much organized hypocrisy from both sides and arguably the biggest reason why the 2016 presidential election was such a dog's breakfast!

You also missed the part where Republicans slashed the state department’s funding in the months leading up to that which could have been used to hire more security but you know how the Republican mantra of doing more
    with less (or nothing) works.

Also

Clarence Thomas is still an dumbass who doesn’t understand history

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/10/cla...be-overturned/
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; October 5th, 2020 at 11:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Alito and Thomas call for Obergefell to be overturned: https://twitter.com/chasestrangio/st...12412393005057

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Yeah, all the "BUT HER EMAILS!!!!111" mockery kind of ignored the fact that Hillary's actually a pretty sketchy figure.

Of course, the people complaining about her emails were ignoring a whole lot more from Trump at the time...
    Yeah, honestly they were both sketchy figures to me in their own ways. Clinton the "smart" sketchy and Trump the "dumb" sketchy kind. Honestly both bad anyway, so it was choosing who was considered less worse to you. Unless you voted third party, but in 2016 they were just as bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaba Kaba Fruit View Post
    In retrospect, neither Trump nor Clinton could be seen as integral candidates to lead the nation for the next four years but the entire political process was caught in its own web and the people HAD to make a choice between the two and that meant a LOT of mudslinging for the purposes of propping up one candidate at the absolute expense of the other. It was pretty much organized hypocrisy from both sides and arguably the biggest reason why the 2016 presidential election was such a dog's breakfast!
    Well, there were others one could have voted for in 2016, the two other parties Green and Libertarian, or even write in if you hated all the candidates. (Though I wouldn't even know who to write in, so I choose between the ones that are valid and available.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Alito and Thomas call for Obergefell to be overturned: https://twitter.com/chasestrangio/st...12412393005057
    What's Obergefell?

Gay marriage .

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information