+ Reply to Thread
Page 129 of 141 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 2806

Thread: American Politics: We're in for it now

Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

Since we're all middle aged Millennials or older it bears mentioning that TikTok is gigantically popular with college and high/middle school kids. So Gen Z and possibly younger depending how you bracket that.

This is also why some of you have never heard of it. We're old now.

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    If you're legitimately asking this (I can't read sarcasm anymore), it's basically the successor to Vine,
    Even Vine is well below my age bracket. Tick Tock is completely off my radar. Hfil, even Twitter is too new and stupid for me, I hate the format. And I've never been able to make Pinterest or Quora work...

It's not surprising folks on this board that follows a 23 year old series have no idea what it is.

(Even I know Deviantart is old and dead though.)
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I thought TikTok was music-related, didn't think it would be more than that, then again I never used the platform.

As for Vine, I never really got into it, the few ones I seen were extremely boring.

Signature:
    Artist - ほし; Character - Red Riding Hood; Original Artwork
    Avatar: Artist - 桃豆こまもち@koma_momozu (Twitter); Character - Unknown; Series - Unknown
    Steam: ​starlalilymoon; Discord: Starla Lily-Moon#2548

I've adapted beautifully to being out of touch with modern technology things, having always been out of touch with modern technology things.

Ya know that getting an app out of a country is easy right? You know how much I have suffered to get the viz app into an android, and then it necesary to get a vpn for doing it with an iphone? That is the point of the app stores.

Android is way easier, you get an apk from outside, granted you have to get a trusted one, or else someone else than the Chinese goverment could spy you, and then done, unless there is another layer of protection, like the ISP just not letting trafic to the app go through, so you'd need a vpn. Then you can start shitposting again.

Apple you need to create an account in another country, and they get uppity with everything, I just got bored mid way.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I did keep my viz app for years after the region lock, right to the swap to the new format, I dunno how they could remove them.

Well google has practice with this already.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I actually have a good friend from high school who is relatively TikTok famous(a quarter million follows). He puts a bit of effort into these videos so it's kind of a bummer for him. He's a mid millineal, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Even Vine is well below my age bracket. Tick Tock is completely off my radar. Hfil, even Twitter is too new and stupid for me, I hate the format. And I've never been able to make Pinterest or Quora work...

It's not surprising folks on this board that follows a 23 year old series have no idea what it is.

This post reminds of the days were Newgrounds was like 90 percent of my internet activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post

Deviantart is not dead...it's just smells funny. I remember vaguely when I started college of people commenting and doing vines, never actually checked it. Twitter I mostly use to follow fan artist or show runners like IQJ and Sucrose. Had Pinterest phase, but it's a bitch to find the original source of the art I basically quit.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    This post reminds of the days were Newgrounds was like 90 percent of my internet activity.
    I do remember the time their logo was a tank. Good times.

Deviantart? Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time. A long time...
    Gonna give ya the D.!

It's still kickin'!

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

And still full of fetishes, I'm sure.

Is it true Chick Fil A helped create laws in Uganda that would condemn people who are LGBTQ to death?

. . . . I haven't heard that, but it is known that the founders of Chick Fil A were homophobic assholes and their company has followed suit in their "Christian" values.

What are you guys thinking trumpy's October surprise is gonna be?
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Is it true Chick Fil A helped create laws in Uganda that would condemn people who are LGBTQ to death?
    From Wikipedia

From 5 to 8 March 2009, a workshop organised by the Family Life Network, led by Ugandan Stephen Langa, and entitled "Seminar on Exposing the Homosexuals' Agenda" took place in Kampala, the capital of Uganda.[26] The workshop featured three US evangelical Christians: Scott Lively, an author who has written several books opposing homosexuality; Caleb Lee Brundidge, a self-professed former gay man who conducts sessions to heal homosexuality; and Don Schmierer, a board member of Exodus International, an organisation devoted to promoting "freedom from homosexuality through the power of Jesus Christ" which was funded by restaurant chain Chick-Fil-A.[27][28][29][30] T
    And some (outdated) info about Chick Fil A Donating To Anti Homosexual Groups

https://www.businessinsider.com/here...-groups-2012-7

Short answer is technically yes (though the law was ruled invalid) not that it still hasn't lead to gay people being attacked.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; August 2nd, 2020 at 02:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    What are you guys thinking trumpy's October surprise is gonna be?
    Nothing. Because that campaign and especially person couldn't hold onto a weapon if presented with one. That requires patience and strategic thinking, Trump doesn't have either of these.
    Hell under normal circumstances the Ukraine nonsense would probably be what they used, and they played it oh.... nine months early? And in such a way that it resulted in Trump getting impeached?

Remember the October surprise in 2016 didn't come from Trump or his people, but James Comey.

Plus the Comey Letter was primarily effective due to a preexisting media narrative for Hillary; the media hasn't negatively defined Biden for Trump the way they did with Hillary.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Nothing. Because that campaign and especially person couldn't hold onto a weapon if presented with one.
    Trump is the guy who had his kids have secret meetings with Russia, and then the same day like two hours later in front of an audience announced "I know some stuff is coming out very soon..." Like, he can't help himself.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

From Elvis in Memphis Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Plus the Comey Letter was primarily effective due to a preexisting media narrative for Hillary; the media hasn't negatively defined Biden for Trump the way they did with Hillary.
    Also every Biden oppo that's come out this campaign has ended up doing nothing but making everyone who isn't Biden look super dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Nothing. Because that campaign and especially person couldn't hold onto a weapon if presented with one. That requires patience and strategic thinking, Trump doesn't have either of these.
    Hell under normal circumstances the Ukraine nonsense would probably be what they used, and they played it oh.... nine months early? And in such a way that it resulted in Trump getting impeached?

Remember the October surprise in 2016 didn't come from Trump or his people, but James Comey.
    lol, fair enough.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information