+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 93 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 1856

Thread: The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Thread

Default Re: The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Thread

https://www.yahoo.com/news/student-w...175113395.html'

As someone posted on Twitter (forget the exact quote) it'll be funny when these same assholes go from

Don't Mask Me
    Don't Vax Me
    Please Pray For Me/Donate on GoFundMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Right? Easy to say "don't take away my freedom" until you're the one who's sick.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

The last couple days' What the Fuck Just Happened Todays' COVID specific stories:

Day 237: "There's no way."

A group of leading U.S. and international scientists suggested that Covid-19 vaccine booster shots are “not appropriate at this stage in the pandemic.” The international group of scientists, which include some at the FDA and the WHO, concluded that “boosting” the vaccinated population doesn’t outweigh the benefit of using those doses to immunize the billions of unvaccinated people worldwide. “None of the studies has provided credible evidence of substantially declining protection against severe disease,” the authors wrote, noting there could be side-effects if boosters are introduced too soon or too broadly. The group did, however, say that booster shots may eventually be needed for the general population if vaccine-induced immunity wanes or a new variant emerges that can evade the body’s immune response. Several recent studies published by the CDC suggest that the vaccines hold steady against severe illness, including the Delta variant. The Biden administration, meanwhile, has proposed administering vaccine boosters eight months after the initial shots starting Sept. 20. A committee of FDA advisers is scheduled to meet on Friday to review the data. (New York Times / CNBC / Bloomberg / Politico)

The U.S. ranks last among the world’s seven wealthiest democracies in Covid-19 vaccination rate. About 62% of Americans have received at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine. Canada leads the G7 countries in vaccination rates, with almost 75% of its population at least partially vaccinated, followed by France (73%), Italy (72%), UK (71%), Germany (66%), and Japan (63%). The U.S. ranks sixth out of the Group of 7 nations, however, for fully vaccinated people – about 53%. (New York Times)

poll/ 51% of Americans support coronavirus vaccination mandates for everyday activities, while 49% call vaccination mandates an unacceptable infringement on personal rights. (CNN)

Day 239: "Democracy can be sloppy."

1 in 500 Americans have died from Covid-19 in the 19 months since the nation’s first reported coronavirus infection. As of Tuesday night, 663,913 total people in the U.S. had died of Covid-19. The country averaged 1,805 new Covid-19 deaths each day over the past week. About 62% of Americans have received at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine – last among the world’s seven wealthiest democracies. (CNN / Washington Post)

The FDA declined to endorse Pfizer’s Covid-19 booster shot, saying the vaccines currently approved provide sufficient protection against severe disease and death from Covid-19 without the need of additional doses. The FDA vaccine advisory committee is scheduled to review the report on Friday and recommend whether or not the agency should approve Pfizer’s application for a coronavirus booster shot. The Biden administration, meanwhile, wants to begin offering booster shots to the general public starting next week, pending authorization from the FDA. The U.S. has purchased a combined one billion doses from Pfizer and Moderna. (New York Times / Wall Street Journal / Politico / CNBC)

poll/ 68% of Americans say the recent rise in Covid-19 deaths in the U.S. was preventable, while 24% say it was not preventable. 51% disapprove of Biden’s plan to mandate Covid-19 vaccines, while 48% approve. (Quinnipiac)

Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Got my 1st shot of the Pfizer-Moderna

Spoiler:
    pray for my balls
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Nice. Hope you don't have any side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Got my 1st shot of the Pfizer-Moderna

Spoiler:
    pray for my balls
    Spoiler:
    Lord, please protect Green_vs_Red's balls and ensure they do not turn blue.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.

I hope so too.

But fuck it so long as I don’t wind up getting sick like I did last year.

https://www.rawstory.com/jair-bolsonaro-vaccine/

Guess Diplomatic Immunity doesn’t apply here.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    https://www.rawstory.com/jair-bolsonaro-vaccine/

Guess Diplomatic Immunity doesn’t apply here.
    Keep him, his whole entourage and sent ut directly to Trumps address.

Fully vaccinated using sinovac.

Dope PSA

https://nordot.app/81371040510989107...22757532812385

Rationing of medical care you say?

From today's What the Fuck Just happened Today:

The CDC recommended the low-dose Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine for children ages 5 to 11. CDC director Rochelle Walensky’s recommendation came after a unanimous vote by the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices supporting the use of the vaccine for the approximately 28 million children in the age group. Biden called the decision “a turning point in our battle against Covid-19,” adding that the federal government has purchased enough of the low-dose children’s vaccine “for every child in America.” (NPR / Washington Post / Associated Press)

Some COVID specific news:

https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday...11/10/day-295/

Day 295: "Willful disregard for the law."

Nearly 1 million kids aged 5 to 11 will have received their first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine in their first week of eligibility. That represents about 3% of eligible children, with an additional 700,000 have appointments scheduled in the coming days. (NPR / Associated Press)

The Biden administration will invest an additional $785 million to combat the spread of the coronavirus in communities hit hardest by the pandemic and those at the highest risk of death and disease. White House Covid-19 response coordinator Jeff Zients said the additional American Rescue Plan funding will also be used to build vaccine confidence in communities of color, rural areas, and low-income populations. (Washington Post / The Hill)

People are dying from Covid-19 at a rate three times higher in counties where Trump won at least 60% of the vote than in counties where Biden won a similar percentage. In October, 25 out of every 100,000 residents in “Trump counties” died from Covid-19, compared to 7.8 per 100,000 for “Biden counties.” October was the fifth consecutive month that the gap between the death rates in Trump counties and Biden counties widened. (New York Times / Business Insider)

https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday...11/12/day-297/

Day 297: "Beyond the pale."

Top political officials in the Trump White House repeatedly tried to block public health warnings and guidance from the CDC last year about the coronavirus pandemic, according to newly released documents from the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis. The emails and transcripts detail how in the early days of the pandemic Trump and his allies in the White House blocked briefings and interviews with CDC officials, attempted to alter public safety guidance, and instructed agency officials to destroy evidence that might be construed as political interference. Several interviews also described efforts by Trump appointees to alter or influence the CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report to better align with the White House’s more optimistic messaging about the state of the pandemic. (Politico / CNN / Washington Post / The Hill)

Biden nominated Robert Califf to lead the FDA despite his ties to the pharmaceutical industry. Califf previously led the agency in 2016-2017, and has long been a consultant to drug companies. If confirmed by the Senate, Califf would oversee an agency that is responsible for more than $2.8 trillion worth of food, medical products, and tobacco. Joe Manchin and Richard Blumenthal both voted against Califf’s nomination in 2016, and signaled their opposition again over concerns about his ties to the drug industry and the FDA’s track record on opioids. The FDA has been without a Senate-confirmed administrator since Biden took office. (Politico / NPR / ABC News / The Hill / New York Times)

Covid-specific news from https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday...11/17/day-302/

Day 302: "We must draw the line."

The seven-day average of new hospital admissions with Covid-19 climbed in 25 states from a week earlier. Two weeks ago, only 14 states saw a rise in hospital admissions. (Bloomberg)

The Biden administration will purchase 10 million courses of Pfizer’s Covid-19 antiviral pill once authorized. In a clinical trial, Paxlovid reduced the rate of death and hospitalization by 89% when given to people at high risk of severe illness within three days of symptoms. Paxlovid could become available at pharmacies within weeks pending FDA authorization. The FDA, meanwhile, is aiming to authorize booster doses of Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine for all adults as soon as Thursday. The CDC’s independent committee of vaccine experts is scheduled to meet Friday to discuss the booster dose’s efficacy and safety. (Washington Post / New York Times)

https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday...11/19/day-304/

Day 304: "Landmark progress."

All American adults are now eligible for coronavirus vaccine boosters. CDC Director Rochelle Walensky authorized the booster doses hours after the agency’s independent panel of vaccine scientists unanimously endorsed opening up eligibility to everyone 18 and older. The panel said that all American adults “may” opt for a booster, while those 50 and older “should” get a booster. Earlier in the day, the FDA authorized Pfizer and Moderna boosters for people 18 and older. (Washington Post / Politico / Bloomberg / CNBC / Axios / New York Times)

Separate from WTF Just Happened Today:
    Army bars vaccine refusers from promotions and reenlistment as deadline approaches

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/19/polit...ons/index.html

The Story:
    Spoiler:

With less than one month until the Army's deadline to vaccinate its active-duty force, the service will begin barring soldiers who refuse to be vaccinated against Covid-19 without an exemption from reenlistment, promotions, and other "favorable personnel actions."
    In a memo dated November 16, Army Secretary Christine Wormuth said soldiers who refuse the vaccine would be "flagged," preventing them from "reenlistment, reassignment, promotion, appearance before a semi-centralized promotion board, issuance of awards and decorations" and more.

The Navy and the Marine Corps issued similar guidance last month, paving the way for the discharge of service members who refuse to be vaccinated.

Soldiers who have received an exemption or whose exemption request is pending will not be flagged.

The guidance, which also applies to the Army Reserve and the Army National Guard, was sent as the head of the Oklahoma National Guard finds himself in dispute with the Pentagon for refusing to enforce the vaccine mandate.

The Army's deadline for all active-duty military members to get vaccinated is December 15 while National Guard soldiers are required to be vaccinated by June 30, 2022. Soldiers, including Reserve and Guard, can be flagged even before these deadlines for refusing the vaccine.

"The Soldier will remain flagged until they are fully vaccinated, receive an approved medical or administrative exemption, or are separated from the Army," Wormuth wrote.

A soldier is flagged on the date they make a "final declination" to be immunized after meeting with a medical professional and receiving a second order from a commander to get the Covid-19 vaccine.

Flagged soldiers will also be ineligible for tuition assistance, attending military or civilian schools, and being paid their enlistment bonuses.

Though the Air Force hasn't issued specific guidance about reenlistments or promotions, Secretary Frank Kendall made it clear Thursday that airmen who refuse the vaccine will be discharged.

"The bottom line is that willfully disobeying a lawful order is incompatible with military service and to get a vaccination is a lawful order," Kendall said in a Facebook event when asked about the vaccine mandate.

Last month, the Navy made it clear that it will pursue discharge for any sailors who refuse vaccination without a pending or approved exemption.

"Commands shall not allow Sailors refusing the vaccine to promote or advance, reenlist, or execute orders with the exception of separation orders," the Navy said in a press release in October.

Shortly thereafter, the Marine Corps followed suit, saying in its vaccination guidance that Marines refusing the Covid-19 vaccine without an exemption would be processed for administrative separation.

"A Marine who has not yet been fully vaccinated is not considered worldwide deployable and shall be assigned or reassigned, locally, to billets which account for health risks to the unvaccinated marine and those working in proximity to the Marine," the guidance said.

"Marines refusing the vaccine shall not reenlist or execute order, with the exception of separation orders."

Vaccination requirements for the military have led to a debate between the Pentagon and the commander of the Oklahoma National Guard over the chain of command in the military and the federal government's authority.

Pentagon officials have said that all National Guard members are subject to military readiness requirements, including vaccines, even when they are not called up under federal authority. But Brig. Gen. Thomas Mancino has argued that he answers to Oklahoma's Republican Gov. Kevin Stitt who ordered him not to enforce the Pentagon's vaccine mandate, The Washington Post reported.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information