+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 1855

Thread: The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Thread

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Default Re: The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Thread

https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday...08/23/day-216/

Day 216: "Updated guidance."

1/ The FDA granted full approval to the Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine, clearing the path to more vaccine mandates at hospitals, colleges, corporations and other organizations across the country. The vaccine is now officially approved for all people 16 and older, making it the first to move beyond emergency-use status in the United States. (New York Times / CNBC)

2/ The Pentagon will require all military personnel to get a COVID-19 vaccine. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin is “prepared to issue updated guidance requiring all service members to be vaccinated,” according to Pentagon press secretary John Kirby. A timeline for when service members must receive the shot will be provided in the coming days. (The Hill)

3/ New York City will require all public school teachers and staff to get vaccinated. About 148,000 school employees — and contractors who work in schools — will have to get at least a first dose by Sept. 27, according to an announcement from the mayor and the city health and education departments. (Associated Press)
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Fully vaccinated woman reportedly dies of COVID-19 after taking cruise to Belize

A 77-year-old woman who sailed aboard a Carnival cruise ship from Texas to Belize has reportedly died of COVID-19, despite being fully vaccinated.

Marilyn Tackett, a retired Sunday school teacher from Oklahoma, departed Galveston aboard the Carnival Vista on July 31 “so excited to take her first trip outside the US,” her granddaughter Tara wrote on a GoFundMe page.

“While on the Caribbean Cruise she got sick and diagnosed with covid in Belize,” the relative said.

The day before Tackett was diagnosed, on Aug. 3, she went on an excursion in Roatán, when the ship docked at the island about 40 miles off the northern coast of Honduras, the Amandala of Belize reported.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/24/fully-...ium=SocialFlow

Yes, being fully vaccinated against covid doesn't stop you from dying of it. Just like any other vaccine, it only reduces drastically the chances of you dying.

How ludicrous! As you can clearly see by my cherry picked anecdotal accounts, this vaccine has precisely zero effectiveness!

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Fully vaccinated woman reportedly dies of COVID-19 after taking cruise to Belize

A 77-year-old woman who sailed aboard a Carnival cruise ship from Texas to Belize has reportedly died of COVID-19, despite being fully vaccinated.

Marilyn Tackett, a retired Sunday school teacher from Oklahoma, departed Galveston aboard the Carnival Vista on July 31 “so excited to take her first trip outside the US,” her granddaughter Tara wrote on a GoFundMe page.

“While on the Caribbean Cruise she got sick and diagnosed with covid in Belize,” the relative said.

The day before Tackett was diagnosed, on Aug. 3, she went on an excursion in Roatán, when the ship docked at the island about 40 miles off the northern coast of Honduras, the Amandala of Belize reported.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/24/fully-...ium=SocialFlow
    There's a photo of her not wearing a mask in the article, that's clearly how she got COVID.
    Vaccines aren't perfect and she was an at-risk person.

Hey you could always try alternative methods to protecting yourself against Covid

https://www.rawstory.com/florida-woman-2654779314/

You’ll potentially get someone or yourself killed, make yourself apart of a embarrassing statistic and potentially put yourself at risk of being arrested but you only live once after all.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; August 24th, 2021 at 07:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I don't care if you're vaccinated, now is NOT the time to go on a cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I don't care if you're vaccinated, now is NOT the time to go on a cruise.
    You can say the same about these concerts and rallies.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Man who contracts Covid in spite of being vaccinated for it, decides to expand a ban mandating Vaccinations

https://www.rawstory.com/greg-abbott-vaccines/

Florida has so many sick from Covid that its affecting the *water*.

https://www.themarysue.com/florida-c...5s6kzKPHe3J6L8

Hospitals are being flooded with unvaccinated, critically ill patients, many of whom need liquid oxygen for their respiratory treatment. Liquid oxygen is also needed for water purification, and if people don’t reduce their water usage, there might not be enough to go around. Since the priority is to treat the critically ill, that means people are likely to see their water quality decline if there’s a shortage.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

A dog exists somewhere David Ludwig's Avatar

I fucking hate my state.

https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday...08/25/day-218/

Day 218: "Communications within."

Roughly 89% of the funds from the Emergency Rental Assistance Program have not been distributed, according to the Treasury Department. Just $1.7 billion of the $46.5 billion in funds intended to prevent eviction were disbursed as of July. Meanwhile, the White House is bracing for a Supreme Court decision that could strike down its eviction moratorium. (New York Times)

Biden received an inconclusive classified intelligence report on the origin of COVID-19. The report could not confirm whether the pathogen jumped from an animal to a human as part of a natural process, or escaped from a lab in central China. The intelligence community will seek within days to declassify elements of the report for potential public release, officials said. (Washington Post)

https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday...08/27/day-220/

Day 220: "The mission will go on."

The Supreme Court blocked the Biden administration’s COVID-related eviction moratorium in an eight-page, unsigned opinion. The decision puts hundreds of thousands of tenants at risk of losing shelter, while the administration struggles to speed the flow of billions of dollars in federal funding to people who are behind in rent because of the coronavirus pandemic and its associated economic hardship. (CNN / New York Times)

A Florida judge blocked Gov. Ron DeSantis’ order banning mask mandates. Leon County Circuit Judge John C. Cooper ruled that DeSantis overstepped his authority when he issued an executive order banning such mandates. (Associated Press)
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.

Dope vaccine commercial I seen yesterday.

yo your posts in this thread are super confusing lmao

Think this judge needs to be investigated

https://www.rawstory.com/judge-order...-cdc-warnings/

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Think this judge needs to be investigated https://www.rawstory.com/judge-order...-cdc-warnings/
    For context, article headline is "Ohio judge orders hospital to treat COVID-19 patient with ivermectin, despite CDC warnings"

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday...08/30/day-223/

Day 223: "The forever war."

The U.S. averaged more than 100,000 Covid-19 hospitalizations a day over the last week – the highest seven-day average since mid-January when nearly 140,000 people were hospitalized. (New York Times)

The Education Department opened five civil rights investigations into statewide school mask bans in Iowa, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Utah. The department’s Office for Civil Rights will examine whether the policies in the five Republican-led states violate the rights of students with disabilities. Education Secretary Miguel Cardona accused the states of “putting politics over the health and education of the students they took an oath to serve,” calling the policies “simply unacceptable.” (Washington Post / Politico / New York Times / Associated Press)

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post

Biden received an inconclusive classified intelligence report on the origin of COVID-19. The report could not confirm whether the pathogen jumped from an animal to a human as part of a natural process, or escaped from a lab in central China. The intelligence community will seek within days to declassify elements of the report for potential public release, officials said. (Washington Post)
    What's the fuss about the origins of the covid? I mean, is it a conspiracy theory to think that it came from the lab then ?
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    What's the fuss about the origins of the covid? I mean, is it a conspiracy theory to think that it came from the lab then ?
    To those that want to create another cold/commercial war with China they thirst for it have been a lab escape.
    But the more realistic scenario is that the crescent of deforestation all over the world is not only increasing human contact with wild animals but increasing the demand for bush meat for the poor or as culinary novelty for the super wealthy which is a route for unknown pathogens to jump from animal to human. Covid came from China, the next might as well come from Brasil or somewhere in central africa.

Judge reverses custody ban for unvaccinated Chicago mom

A Chicago judge has reversed his own ruling in which he banned a mother from seeing her 11-year-old son because she hasn’t gotten the COVID-19 vaccine.

Cook County Judge James Shapiro vacated his decision Monday with no explanation after garnering national headlines, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

Chicago mom claims she lost custody of son because she refused to get COVID-19 vaccine.

Last week, Rebecca Firlit, 39, told local outlets that Shapiro took away custody during a virtual child support hearing when after he asked about her vaccination status and she said she had not gotten the shot because of a previous negative reaction.

“I was confused because it was just supposed to be about expenses and child support. I asked him what it had to do with the hearing, and he said, ‘I am the judge, and I make the decisions for your case,’” she told the Sun-Times.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...2t4-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    We don't really know, and the primary reason why is because China has largely blocked access to the lab.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information