+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 94 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1861

Thread: The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Thread

Default Re: The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Thread

Well if one is against medical treatments one should refuse to be hospitalized. Let natural selection do it's work.

A good argument Robo, to use against anti-vaxxers.

Should give the chemical composition that makes up the human body and really fuck them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

This is too funny not to post:

The introduction of a curfew among some other decisions start showing actual effects in Germany. Even though the former was highly debated for sure. The numbers of cases are dropping while vaccination rates are increasing by a good margin, it seems we can enjoy some of the summer at least if this keeps up. Also I'm actually getting my first shot on Monday, which even at the beginning of this year I didn't think would happen until like late autumn.
    We all float down here!

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
    Also I'm actually getting my first shot on Monday, which even at the beginning of this year I didn't think would happen until like late autumn.
    Grats, I'm trying my best here (Bavaria), but my doctor isn't even done with the 70+ patients. She can't even give me a rough estimate when she's done with the third pirority group.
    Meanwhile, our federal minister comes up with new priority sub-groups every few days >_>

But at least my mom is getting her shot next week, that was honestly the biggest worry I had in this whole covid mess. Everything else is an afterthought.
    Last edited by Jabra; May 8th, 2021 at 01:53 PM.

Well, I can't get vaccinated before mid-June at least. We have age restrictions here. The elderly gets their vaccine first
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    I like this argument!

Another way to get anti-vaxxers to take a vaccine is to say that the anti-vaxxer movement was created by the government so people won't take the vaccines and die. In other words, telling the anti-vaxxer that the government is trying to get people to die, so the best way is to oppose the government by taking the vaccine. Basically, use a conspiracy to fight another conspiracy to get people to take the damn vaccine which can help everyone, so life can be normal again.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E0ubCMQX...pg&name=medium
    A good argument Robo, to use against anti-vaxxers.
    That one could work.

Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    I like this argument!

Another way to get anti-vaxxers to take a vaccine is to say that the anti-vaxxer movement was created by the government so people won't take the vaccines and die. In other words, telling the anti-vaxxer that the government is trying to get people to die, so the best way is to oppose the government by taking the vaccine. Basically, use a conspiracy to fight another conspiracy to get people to take the damn vaccine which can help everyone, so life can be normal again.
    In order for that to work you'd have to have some kind of "proof", or at least a well-produced Youtube video.

Here we are, Windy summer! Oddball's Avatar

I got my first shot last month and will be getting my second this week. I'm not sure why my two shots are a month apart when many people got theirs just weeks apart.

A lot of people I know got sick after the second shot. I'm not worried about it as long as I'm immune for a while. It just sucks that nobody knows for sure how long the immunity lasts. I keep hearing 3 months and then at least 6 months. I hope they're good for at least one year.
    Check out my cute Etsy store
    Please read my webtoon Truffle Cat Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    I got my first shot last month and will be getting my second this week. I'm not sure why my two shots are a month apart when many people got theirs just weeks apart.

A lot of people I know got sick after the second shot. I'm not worried about it as long as I'm immune for a while. It just sucks that nobody knows for sure how long the immunity lasts. I keep hearing 3 months and then at least 6 months. I hope they're good for at least one year.
    How long we're immune for depends entirely on how quickly vaccine-resistant strains take to emerge and spread.
    Right now all of the vaccines convey at least some immunity to every known strain, and the length of time that immunity is known to last keeps increasing so if no vaccine-resistant strains ever emerge we could have immunity for years.

According to IHME, there a sub notification of covid deaths in around 50%. And their methodology is solid.
    http://www.healthdata.org/news-relea...l-reports-show
    http://www.healthdata.org/node/8660

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    In order for that to work you'd have to have some kind of "proof", or at least a well-produced Youtube video.
    Hmmm, that is true enough. Well, I think some can be convinced anyway if you have a good argument to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    Hmmm, that is true enough. Well, I think some can be convinced anyway if you have a good argument to back it up.

You might be on to something

An anti-vaccine conspiracy about the vaccinated are leading some anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers to contemplate wearing a mask and social distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Not that it's something to celebrate, but I think India is starting to beat you.
    Yeah we killin it down here. Out of vaccines, oxygen, meds and not to mention the new more potent variant is ripping through ahead
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    First of all, it depends on which vaccine. The Moderna shots must be taken 28 days apart. Pfizer is 21 days apart. It can also be difficult to get open appointments in some areas, so some people might get there's a little late, which is ok as long as it's not excessively late.

We won't know for sure until enough time passes and we've studied enough people, and how much the virus mutates. It could just mutate itself into something milder like the 1918 flu.

People don't actually *get sick* after the shot. I mean they are not infected. The symptoms we get from pathogens is our body's immune response trying to get rid of them. Vaccines can create a similar response from our immune system, think of it as a practice drill. It seems to not last more than a day or two. So far most people I know felt crappy for one day and that's it, some just a sore arm.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Vaccine seems forced. I'll take my chances.

I really didn't take my shot (BioNtech) on monday too well. Got a fever and chills a couple hours after, didn't sleep at all the following night and was sweating buckets. Cramps and diarrhea the following day as well. Had to sit out 2 days of work, still a bit wobbly on my legs today. Getting my 2nd shot in roughly 5 weeks, let's hope I'm spared another (immune) system shock with that one. Interestingly enough, my sister, who is 1 year younger than me, got the same shot on the same day and didn't feel a thing besides an achy arm.
    We all float down here!

My wife and I have each gotten both our doses, and that second was a doozy. The injection didn't hurt at all, no visible mark after taking off the bandage, so I was wondering if it even went in. That answered itself, lemme tell ya. But I'm feeling great now!

My mom took a bit more coaxing, but she finally got the first shot. Went 20 miles to specifically get it at a hospital, but at least she's on track.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    My wife and I have each gotten both our doses, [...]
    Glad to hear your wife and you are done with your shots! :) Luckily both my parents and what's left of my grandparents are also done! I'm not scared of needles or anything, the shot itself wasn't even noticeable, but as you said I sure noticed my organism was processing it!

Off-Topic: The doc tried to calm me down before the shot thinking I would be scared. When I replied that I was never afraid of needles and surely wouldn't start being after getting two pretty big tattoos in the past years, she, to my surprise, replied that her worst experiences when giving out shots was always with tattooed people. Is that a thing I just never picked up on?
    We all float down here!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information