+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1369

Thread: The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Thread

Default Re: The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Thread

Matt Gaetz & Mark Meadows have tested positive......really not a good time to be a Trump stan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Biden's setting up a COVID task force on Monday.

Hopefully they'll be able to act as a credible guide for the public to follow even before he takes office.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Biden's setting up a COVID task force on Monday.

Hopefully they'll be able to act as a credible guide for the public to follow even before he takes office.
    That's gonna be an uphill battle because of you know who.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Woo! I'm glad about this! We really need to get this pandemic under control, the rising cases worries me; so a lot of things need to change and be fixed.

My AniList: https://anilist.co/user/starlalilymoon/
    Discord: starlalilymoon#3489 | Steam: starlalilymoon
    Avatar Information: Artist - カグレ; Character - Gardevoir; Series - Pokémon

Is this what, the second good news of the year?
    https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54873105

Apparently Trump is supposed to get credit for that somehow.......eventhough he called the virus a hoax and his supporters insisted the virus was a ploy to damage his re-election bid.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Apparently Trump is supposed to get credit for that somehow.......eventhough he called the virus a hoax and his supporters insisted the virus was a ploy to damage his re-election bid.
    Well he bought the whole Pzifer production in advance. It's not like they can produce to administer it before January 20, unless the speed run things with the FDA like Monsanto or a Big Pharma and it's new opioide.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

COVID-specific news from https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday...1/09/day-1390/

Day 1390: "A mask is not a political statement."

Spoiler:
    1/ More than 10 million people have been infected with the coronavirus in the United States, which is about one-fifth of the 50 million infections worldwide. At least 105,000 new COVID-19 cases were reported on Sunday, down slightly from the daily record set a day earlier. All but one state had more cases last week than the week before. (NPR/ABC News/USA Today/CNN/Bloomberg)2/ Biden named 13 health experts to his Transition COVID-19 Advisory Board and declared the pandemic “one of the most important battles our administration will face.” Biden added: “I will be informed by science and by experts.” The panel will be co-chaired by the former FDA commissioner, former Surgeon General, and an associate professor of medicine and epidemiology at Yale. While Biden is unable to take control of the country’s response until after his Jan. 20 inauguration, the advisory board will work to create a plan for bringing the pandemic under control — a process Biden says will begin immediately after his inauguration – despite uncertainty over how much the Trump administration will cooperate. Biden also warned that the U.S. was facing a “dark winter” as the coronavirus continues to spread and appealed to Americans to wear mask, saying “a mask is not a political statement.” (New York Times / Washington Post / Associated Press / Axios / NPR / NBC News / Bloomberg)
    3/ Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine is reportedly more than 90% effective, according to an analysis by an independent data monitoring committee. Pfizer plans to ask the FDA for emergency authorization later this month, after it has collected two months of safety data. By the end of the year it will have manufactured enough doses to immunize 15 to 20 million people. Pfizer did not join Operation Warp Speed, the Jared Kushner initiative to rush a vaccine to market by providing funding for research and manufacturing. Instead, Pfizer invested $2 billion on the project and then made a $1.95 billion deal with the U.S. government to provide 100 million doses. (New York Times / Washington Post / Associated Press / STAT News / Politico / CNBC)
    • Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson tested positive for COVID-19, days after Chief of Staff Mark Meadows also tested positive. Meadows and Carson attended the White House’s largely mask-free election night party alongside a group of officials in Trump’s Cabinet. (Axios / Washington Post)
    • Rep. Matt Gaetz, a close Trump ally, tested positive for coronavirus antibodies on Election Day. In March, Gaetz wore a gas mask on the House floor during a vote on an emergency funding bill to fight the spread of COVID-19. (Politico / The Hill)
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

It’s like they saw what South Dakota did with the Sturgis Rally and other bullshit and thought “We can’t let our sister state out
    do us when it comes to be consciously stupid and evil”.

If there's one positive thing to say about the pandemic,
    it's the renewed interest in mathematics for some of us.

USA cases: 10,191,261
    Deaths: 238,776
    Death Rate: 2.34%

United Kingdom cases: 1,213,363
    Deaths: 49,238
    Death Rate: 4.06%

Global cases: 50,913,451
    Deaths: 1,263,089
    Death Rate: 2.48%

I find this fascinating.
    Not only because my own country is so painfully high above the global average rate for deaths,
    but also the fact that the USA (despite their fuckton of cases) is still staying under that same global average.

I've always heard about how good your hospitals are (as a result of being richly privatized), and this is really proving it to me.
    In that regard at the very least, you guys are fortunate. (I realize the irony of that word for the people who struggled with medical debt after recovery)

If we applied the UK's death rate to the USA, you'd be on 413,559 deaths instead of 238,776. Almost double.
    Thinking about stuff like this blows my mind a little.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Doing death rate on the total amount of cases? I disagree. Death rete should be measured on the closed cases. In that regard US has a death rate of 4%, Brazil 3%, India 2%, Mexico 12% (wow), and UK can't be quantified because they didn't release closed cases info. To no one surprise, the 5 leaders in death's are governed by the right.
    The world average is 3%.
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    If there's one positive thing to say about the pandemic,
    it's the renewed interest in mathematics for some of us.

USA cases: 10,191,261
    Deaths: 238,776
    Death Rate: 2.34%

United Kingdom cases: 1,213,363
    Deaths: 49,238
    Death Rate: 4.06%

Global cases: 50,913,451
    Deaths: 1,263,089
    Death Rate: 2.48%

I find this fascinating.
    Not only because my own country is so painfully high above the global average rate for deaths,
    but also the fact that the USA (despite their fuckton of cases) is still staying under that same global average.

I've always heard about how good your hospitals are (as a result of being richly privatized), and this is really proving it to me.
    In that regard at the very least, you guys are fortunate. (I realize the irony of that word for the people who struggled with medical debt after recovery)

If we applied the UK's death rate to the USA, you'd be on 413,559 deaths instead of 238,776. Almost double.
    Thinking about stuff like this blows my mind a little.
    Both our case number and death number are inaccurate though.
    The death rate is almost definitely above the global average.

Most of our hospitals are really good (at least here in Massachusetts), the problem is you break the bank to use any of them if you don't have insurance. Which many people don't have. So you could survive COVID, but you'd ruin your finances for years.

I had a small surgery last year at Beth Israel Hospital in Boston, in and out within a day, and if I didn't have state insurance it would have cost me $6000.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    I know that's some decent testing, but I'm still iffy on any vaccine made so quickly.

Bozo jumped the gun today calling victory over SP governor because a test subject of Coronavac vaccine, the one Săo Paulo state whats, died and Anvisa called a brief stop on the testing.
    After proper investigation the dead guy killed himself. Once again populism wants to politicize a fucking pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Wooooo!!!

I wonder if I can get mine earlier since I am at high risk due to some issues. Here's hoping, I just don't want to get it, but at the same time have somewhat of a normal life again.

The data shows that two doses, three weeks apart, are needed.

Interesting, looks like you need two shots, I always felt like it would be one shot like other vaccines. (I guess maybe ones as a kid I had more than one between a few weeks.]

The biggest question - how long does immunity last - will take months or potentially years to answer.
    Yeah, this is good to know. I wonder if it be like how the flu vaccine is now where you need to take it every year not to get it, or will it be a one time deal. I hope it be more like a one time deal like with polio.

Also, I like the graphic that they showed how the vaccine worked. Honestly, I wouldn't mind learning more about this stuff as it seems really interesting to say the least.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Apparently Trump is supposed to get credit for that somehow
    Not sure why. He doesn't own Pzifer or anything. Pzifer is the one who should get credit for it as they are the ones who made it, experimented, etc. to make it work.

My AniList: https://anilist.co/user/starlalilymoon/
    Discord: starlalilymoon#3489 | Steam: starlalilymoon
    Avatar Information: Artist - カグレ; Character - Gardevoir; Series - Pokémon

"We must stop being a nation of faggots." Says the president - I prefer human rights criminal - as everyone is worried about a fucking global pandemic, that he refuses to address properly and with adequate actions.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

How many times does this imbecile have to catch COVID before he wises up or, perhaps more preferably, die?

You go ahead and die like a heterosexual.

Being alive and healthy is gay

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information