+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Thread

Default Re: The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    For some reason a ton of people are buying toilet paper and bottled water in my area, on top of disinfectant. I don't get it. I guess if you get sick it's good to have all that toilet paper and not leave the house, but this disease doesn't infect the water. Maybe people are just scared and hoarding? I don't know.
    When things go all mad max toilet paper will be the new currency.

He who holds the paper gets to poop

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    For some reason a ton of people are buying toilet paper and bottled water in my area, on top of disinfectant. I don't get it. I guess if you get sick it's good to have all that toilet paper and not leave the house, but this disease doesn't infect the water. Maybe people are just scared and hoarding? I don't know.
    The CDC has been telling people for weeks to keep two weeks worth of food and bottled water on hand.

I have a whole bunch of bottled water sitting in my apartment for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    When things go all mad max toilet paper will be the new currency.

He who holds the paper gets to poop
    If TP is currency it's fives and tens.

The real shit is rubbing alcohol.

Or, y'know, you could just get a water filter at home. Or boil it if necessary.

Right now in pet supplies, other than food the big thing is CAT LITTER.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

You know the shit has hit the fan when they close Disneyland:
    https://movieweb.com/disneyland-clos...Ox0uPzQ6VzQPZM

Disney World is still open, but I doubt that will last.

In other news, Trump claimed that insurance will waive co-pays and extend coverage for COVID-19 treatments. Which is a big fat lie:
    https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...GjeZNFzRDaPpSw

Also in part because of a shortage of diagnostic supplies, not nearly enough people will be tested anyway.

The only thing the health insurance industry is waiving right now is co-pay for TESTS, not treatments.

So a close staff member of Bolsonaro was tested positive for covid19, the president himself is in awaiting for the results. Bozo and Orange Trashman had a dinner discussion of state affairs, there's a chance the Donny my finally face what is due to him.

So what are people's opinion's on Trump closing down Travel from The United States and Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    So what are people's opinion's on Trump closing down Travel from The United States and Europe
    Well that depends on how easy is it to hop a bus from one of those European countries to the UK, then to the US.

It's not really clear, and it's an announcement that news media poked holes in after it came out.

Damn has anyone else seen their savings go down the drain due to the corona scare and the markets killing themselves?

Been wondering if there should be an investments thread in apforums knowing that we have quite a lot of people above 20 in here
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

Australia's affairs minister Peter Dutton has tested positive to the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzMazz View Post
    Australia's affairs minister Peter Dutton has tested positive to the virus.

Local news reporting that Bolsonaro also tested positive on his first test and that he likely caught it at Mar a Lago.

Quote Originally Posted by xan View Post
    Been wondering if there should be an investments thread in apforums knowing that we have quite a lot of people above 20 in here
    I'd actually be interested in seeing tips from other members as well. (Probably a lot a members also in their 30s now)

I'm in New York City. It's kinda wild here. I've always been someone who is prepared for these sorts of things.

I've never touched the subway rails or much of anything public, but it just living on surfaces make the subways a cesspool. I feel like just stepping onto them is asking for it to infect you.

I've always had this weird thing where if someone asked me for a pen, I would say no. Because I didn't know where their hand has been. This would often lead to them saying something off color, giving a look, or just grabbing for it anyway because it's a "disposable item." Today was the first day I told someone no when they asked to use my pen and they understood. Acknowledged my decision as "smart."

Broadway shut down last night here. All of Broadway. All theater until April 12th, they'll reevaluate after that.

I work in the film industry, and it's beginning to affect many film and television sets. Most of which, including the one I was working on shut down last night.

A few shows that colleagues of mine worked on have reported that not only did production on their show stop-- they prematurely and completely ended their season.

So expect certain shows to end unfulfilled or abruptly.
    K-F|Jango

Quote Originally Posted by Hudell View Post
    Local news reporting that Bolsonaro also tested positive on his first test and that he likely caught it at Mar a Lago.
    lmfao, coronavirus is gonna save us all, lol

Is your vice-president worse than Bolsonaro ?
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Is your vice-president worse than Bolsonaro ?
    I don't know much about him (he's a retired army general with no history in politics), but he expressed interest in writing a new constitution and has made some racist comments in the past.

Edit: Bolsonaro claims he tested negative;

Media claims it was Bolsonaro himself who had given them the news of a positive result earlier.
    Last edited by Hudell; March 13th, 2020 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudell View Post

Media claims it was Bolsonaro himself who had given them the news of a positive result earlier.
    It was apparently his son, Eduardo who gave the wrong news.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    It was apparently his son, Eduardo who gave the wrong news.
    So just another Friday on the fake news circus that the family runs.

I work for a congressional candidate and we decided today to suspend campaign events and door-to-door canvassing.

So looks like I won't be working for at least a little while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Tech industry, working from home.

Whenever you see the map without infected in venezuela, it should also say "3 incarcerated doctors for trying to sound the alarm"
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

So schools are closed from Monday next week in Hungary. Universities have already closed. Boy, am I glad I'm not a student anymore, and that I can easily work from home. I'm perhaps one of the least affected people by all this. Still, I'm sad for my friends at uni.

People really do seem on edge everywhere. And some choose to live out their fear in the worst ways possible, e.g. attacking people who are coughing and such.

Home-office has its perks though. I can catch up on some cleaning (my oven looks horrifying) and I might go out skateboarding during the day if the weather's alright.

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

Wow, that's crazy that they're that determined to cover it up, incarcerating doctors whose job it is to help people sick with it (or anything else).
    -------------------------------------
    Well, we have branches of our observatory in Virginia, West Virginia, and New Mexico, and all three of those states have closed their schools. So at least here in the New Mexico portion, we're gonna work from home for the next three weeks, too.

The state of New Mexico went from having no known cases to six reported cases just in the span of 24 hours. The first two were reported right here in our town, actually. Yay.
    Hidden:

I work in the retail sector so, I'm interacting with scores of people each day and I can really work from home so, fun. My workplace has taken steps to curb transmission vectors but it's a high-traffic area so it's only a matter of time I think before someone in the store comes down with it.

I'm still not too worried about myself, personally, since I'm young and try to keep up common sense hygienic habits anyway but I'd still rather not catch this.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information