+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Thread

Default Re: The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Thread

There seems to be a lot of this going around unfortunately.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...t2i-story.html

He sprayed him with DEODORIZER? Not only is this man racist, he's an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    He sprayed him with DEODORIZER? Not only is this man racist, he's an idiot.
    We black men aren't known for making well thought out decisions especially during commutes on the train or bus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I'm seeing multiple signs of disease paranoia at work. Many of my coworkers are wearing gloves. I had an incident where a many coughed on one area, and no one wanted to approach it in fear of getting sick. So, we all slowly put anti-bacterial wipes on the spot until he felt better.

A good article about the bad AND the good things about coronavirus right now:
    https://www.wbur.org/commonhealth/20...L8C5jurb6HPQRQ

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post

U.S Map:
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/02/811319058/which-u-s-states-have-confirmed-coronavirus-cases

Hope this helps with people to try to keep track of how it's spreading.
    Right now it feels like the safest states to be in are Alaska, Montana, Wyoming, and the Dakotas. Why? Because they're the states with the least people. Well, the least people per state size.

God. I heard that here in Paraguay people wanted TO LYNCH the first Coronavirus infectee in the country. But the guy handled the thing pretty well if you ask me. He felt he had it so he locked himself up in his house, called the Health Ministry, and got himself quarentined.

From John Marshall on Twitter:

Complicating things since 2009.

The CDC cooking the numbers of the proper number of infected no way?

Also someone with the virus went to CPAC which led to Ted Cruz (and some other guy) quarantining themselves.....whoops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Italy chose to quarantine 16million people.

Did such a quarantine ever happen in a western country ?

Meanwhile, Erdogan and his media keep lying about the virus in Turkey
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

It's getting hard to find disinfectant wipes and other essential cleaning supplies here.

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

Yeah, the cleaning supplies section at WalMart here (which, most unfortunately, is pretty close to the only option we have in town for such things) is practically gutted. I did manage to get some of the last couple of wipes on the shelf, but they were already out of hand sanitizer.
    Last edited by BellisarioFaith; March 9th, 2020 at 10:18 AM.
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Italy chose to quarantine 16million people.

Did such a quarantine ever happen in a western country ?

Meanwhile, Erdogan and his media keep lying about the virus in Turkey
    They extended it to the entire territory, around 60 millions.

Wonder what the EU response will be

*sigh* South Boston canceled its St. Patrick's Day Parade. Note that South Boston is where the biggest population of Irish-Americans in the city is.
    https://www.boston.com/news/local-ne...0C_G3OMLVr-bGs

Everything is getting canceled. My poor college club's convention that we held every year got canceled because Smith College has denied any gathering bigger than 50 people.

Quote Originally Posted by BellisarioFaith View Post
    Yeah, the cleaning supplies section at WalMart here (which, most unfortunately, is pretty close to the only option we have in town for such things) is practically gutted. I did manage to get some of the last couple of wipes on the shelf, but they were already out of hand sanitizer.
    The poor CVS next to my work is cleaned out of hand sanitizer. Not all the soap, interestingly enough, especially when soap is the better choice if you have access to a sink.

*sigh* South Boston canceled its St. Patrick's Day Parade. Note that South Boston is where the biggest population of Irish-Americans in the city is.
    https://www.boston.com/news/local-ne...0C_G3OMLVr-bGs
    Just as well, it's probably a good idea not to drink booze or do drugs until the epidemic is over.

Regular smoking apparently increases the risk of death by a factor of 14.

The poor CVS next to my work is cleaned out of hand sanitizer. Not all the soap, interestingly enough, especially when soap is the better choice if you have access to a sink.
    Everyone's buying rubbing alcohol as an alternative even though it's horrible for your skin.

I'm just happy I was able to find a single bottle of Lysol spray forgotten in the soda section.

I seem to have caught a nasty flu, and I'm starting to hope it's coronavirus just so I can get it over with already. My health anxiety can't stand this anymore lol. On the flip side, I work in a lab that focuses on viruses, and the wisecracks just keep coming.
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

The Ivy League canceled both of their men and women college basketball touranments today. Other sports events that have major concerns about the situation is Tampa. Since next week, they have the first two rounds of the Men's NCAA Basketball Touranment. As well couple weeks later, Tampa will be hosting Wrestlemania 36 as well all the indies wrestling shows that be going on that week.

My old college is effectively closing the year out early. A lot of schools are doing that.

Well, my workplace is currently preparing for switching to home office as much as possible. Which means not having to commute 2+ hour to work for me, so yay for that.

Whoever is American, is it true about the astronomical prices to get tested, or is that rumours, and even if they were "relatively" cheap, is it true that insurances would not cover its full cost?

I just listened to the latest podcast by Joe rogan, and I knew almost everything except the heat situation, I thought that the disease would be "stopped in in tracks" with the advent of the summer, but the mars spread in the Arabian peninsula and that spread just fine.

I expect the virus to peak death, market and infection rate in November.

It's gonna drop even more, buffet is sitting with 218 billion in cash, waiting, he know its gonna crash, I would short the sp500 if I had a few hundred bucks on the side.

Stay safe!

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    I seem to have caught a nasty flu, and I'm starting to hope it's coronavirus just so I can get it over with already. My health anxiety can't stand this anymore lol. On the flip side, I work in a lab that focuses on viruses, and the wisecracks just keep coming.
    You are not immune to a second infection if you get cured once.

edit:

this is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous

Last edited by Luca; March 11th, 2020 at 07:58 AM.

To nobody's surprise, E3 2020 is oficially cancelled.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information